Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cassiope
Jul 7, 2010

Man, the living creature, the creating individual, is always more important than any established style or system.
Except for cats.
Yep. With training and this:

....we bricked up the bottom of her crate. It completely defeats the purpose of having a nice foldable crate, and if I ever want to rearrange my room it will have to be without moving the crate. However, it prevents her from eating the plastic liner and therefore getting to the far-apart wires at the bottom. So yeah. Fun stuff.

She really is getting better though. And I put blankets and stuff in there for her so that she does not have to lay on bricks. This really was the only thing we could think to do to keep her from destroying this crate as well though.

edit: you can see in the pics actually where her nose was all scratched up from destroying her first crate. In the Nose! pic there is the remnant of her scab, and the fur on her snout there is white. In the more recent pics (laptop, bandanna dog) you can see the little black splotch extending up her snout from her nose. The fur grew back black! It is so strange!

Cassiope fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Oct 13, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
That's awesome that you figured out at least some sort of solution for her though. She's adorable :3:

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
hahahahahahahha brick bed is awesome.

Post many more Moxie pics, please and thank you. She's beautiful and obviously loves her life. :3:

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

hahaha The brick crate is such a fantastic idea! I can't believe how perfectly those bricks fit in there, too. Clever thinking, good job!!

Also, Moxie is SO freakin' cute. :3:

Cassiope
Jul 7, 2010

Man, the living creature, the creating individual, is always more important than any established style or system.
Except for cats.

WolfensteinBag posted:

hahaha The brick crate is such a fantastic idea! I can't believe how perfectly those bricks fit in there, too. Clever thinking, good job!!

Also, Moxie is SO freakin' cute. :3:

Thanks! All the best ideas are born of desperation, no? We had to actually go out in my yard and find differently sized bricks to get the very last one in. The new ones we bought weren't weathered down enough to fit in the last row. We ended up hammering the last brick in. Like I said, no longer even remotely portable now.

Also Moxie thinks she's rather cute too.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Cassiope posted:

Also Moxie thinks she's rather cute too.

Wanna rub dem ears :3:

This thread is delightful torture because I grew up in a place in Alaska where pretty much every dog seemed like a husky/sled dog mix. And now I want a shiba too. Little mini shiba dogsled team. :neckbeard:

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

I was at the dog park today and two women arrived with odd Husky mixes. One was probably about 50 pounds and had the oddest coat. From a distance it looked like a Husky/Samoyed mix since its coat was so long and fluffy, but as it got closer you could see the coat was super wirey, and nothing like the typical fluff of a Sibe -- almost like the wirey coat of a wolfhound mixed with a primitive's double coat. The other one was much larger, had a similarly long coat, but without the roughness. It had ice blue eyes.

I just had to laugh since, when I asked the women what kind of dogs they were (expecting a mix) she said the smaller one was a Siberian, and the larger was a Malamute.

I know enough about primitives to know that Mals cannot have blue eyes, and that, well, the other was definitely no Siberian. I watched the way these women waved around treat bags trying to get them to come, and I just had to laugh. I'm sure they were lovely dogs, but these women struck me as the definition of clueless primitive owners.

Good looking dogs though!

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

My dog thinks he's a pretty lady.

Tendai posted:

Little mini shiba dogsled team. :neckbeard:

:stare: I know my life's goal, now. Tendai. We will race one day.

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

paisleyfox posted:

"Pull you around? Haha, what kind of dog do you think I am?"
- Every shiba ever.

:p

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

Pretty Cool Name posted:

"Pull you around? Haha, what kind of dog do you think I am?"
- Every shiba ever.

:p

Not unless I somehow train a rabbit to stay 2 steps ahead of my team! :j:

might have to find a way to equip a sled with airbags, though...

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

paisleyfox posted:

HUSKY VS SHIBA BATTLE DOGSLED FIIIIGHT! (Imagine in the voice of Chairman Kaga from Iron Chef)

But yeah from what I'm reading PCN pretty much has it right. But they're such CUTE little assholes. Wanna pet Koji SO HARD.

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

I would pay good money to see pictures of a shiba-sled. :3:

Autumn is here! I need to take Hrafn out to the mother-in-law's garden for some off-leash pics though. With his tiny puppy head and the amount of neck fluff he has, he looks like a loving mushroom with his collar on.

this would have been pretty if it wasn't for the funky angle, oh man

He does not ever look that regal at home.

:downs: beep beep

Sock Weasel fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 14, 2010

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

hahaha I love the beep pictures. :3:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The thing I've always loved about primitive breeds that I've been around (mostly sled dogs) is how they can go from "I am the most regal" to "durrr" in the space of like five seconds. He looks so PROUD of the beeping.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

WolfensteinBag posted:

hahaha I love the beep pictures. :3:

Same. Hrafn is absurdly cute :)

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rivals posted:

Same. Hrafn is absurdly cute :)
And so so so soft looking. I want to pet that dog till my hands fall off. Actually that's true of pretty much every dog in this thread. Hrafn on one side, Koji on the other.

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

Tendai posted:

Hrafn on one side, Koji on the other.

Buddy takes offense to this statement. :argh:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Buddy can be the world's smallest husky-ball right in front :3:

(Also it'd probably help if all of you would post more pictures for true scientific conclusions on this matter so get on it)

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Tendai posted:

(Also it'd probably help if all of you would post more pictures for true scientific conclusions on this matter so get on it)

I will provide secondary data collection insight :science:

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Tendai posted:

And Kaidan takes offense to this one :saddowns:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rivals posted:

And Kaidan takes offense to this one :saddowns:
If the husky balls are small enough we can fit two in front :D

But again. PICTURES will be needed. For science.

(We need to be able to combine :science: and :3: for moments like this)

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

This is from earlier in the thread. This is the best huskyball picture I have of him, but I do have a ton of new pictures of him that I'll post tonight or tomorrow as I get around to it.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
New pictures mean better science, you know. It helps with the, uh, sciencing.

(I want to use him as a pillow)

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
I tried using my Malamute as a pillow once and he farted. It was terrible.

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

Early studies are showing that there may be some problems. :saddowns:

Kaiden and Buddy make effective huskywheels, Random-Shiba #1 and #2 seem to get the idea, Random-Shiba #3 and Hrafn may need some time.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Sock Weasel posted:

Kaiden and Buddy make effective huskywheels, Random-Shiba #1 and #2 seem to get the idea, Random-Shiba #3 and Hrafn may need some time.

Best thing ever. Saved to my hard drive. Dying of cute.

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

Sock Weasel posted:

This is now my desktop wallpaper. Awesome! :3:

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

Sock Weasel posted:

Omg. You just made my morning better, thanks for this. :3:

I can't decide if Koji would be the stubborn one or the retard going after the rabbit! (probably latter)

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

Sock Weasel posted:

"NO."

:3:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Captain Foxy posted:

"NO."

:3:

shibainu.jpg

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Sock Weasel posted:

This was the best thing to wake up to. It's going as my laptop background ASAP.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sock Weasel posted:

I think I love you. This is the best thing ever and I am forwarding it to a few friends of mine with sledding teams in the hopes of improving their performance.

Edit: The more I come back to this the more I can't stop laughing like a moron at the expressions on their faces.

Tendai fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 17, 2010

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

My ball of fuzz lords over all in her domain from atop her mighty fastness.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
....that tongue :3:

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

My Huskyball is a little broken :(

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

:haw:

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

I don't have that many new pictures, surprisingly. I will need to remedy this situation immediately. We're moving in 5-6 weeks so it might be difficult until that's all done.

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

Sock Weasel posted:

:neckbeard: This is fantastic!!! If the "Buddy" were more easily separated from Kaidan, I would TOTALLY use that as a new avatar. As it is, I might use the awesome "NO." shiba to keep with my current theme. :3:

As far as husky balls go (wow, didn't mean that to sound so horrible... :blush: ) I have to concede that Kaidan probably has Buddy beat. Kaiden's a bit smaller, and his confirmation more readily lends itself to the structure necessary for coiling. Buddy's breeder must not have had such important things in mind. :argh: He doesn't ball up so much anymore, but when he does, I'll make sure to get pictures. You know, for science.

Speaking of, though, we went to Haunted Hounds today, a halloween event put on out here. Buddy was in his costume, better tailored than ever, and he met two new girlfriends, two other huskies. :3: it was great, because you could see him recognize them as such, he got SO excited to see them! Got some pictures and video of them trying to play while on lead to post later.

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

Photo dump! These are from Haunted Hounds this past Sunday. The event has gotten SO huge that I'd say the majority of time we spent was waiting in lines for contest judging and winner announcements (Buddy was robbed, btw :argh: ), but we still met some awesome dogs and Buddy made a few friends. :3:

Buddy's costume fits a lot better now that I've made some adjustments. :3: He actually had people recognize what he was, too, where we had a lot of people question it in the past.

One of the two husky girls we met. She was dressed as a squirrel, and actually won 3rd place for funniest costume! haha The other two dogs in the picture are actually clients of mine. :3:

Trying to play. She was kind of intimidated by Buddy, though, he tends to bark in other dogs' faces. :rolleyes:

This was the other girl we met. SHE was all up for playing. :3: They had a hard time being on leads, though. We got some pretty hilarious video of them I'll post after work later. I loved her tactic, she kept trying to slap Buddy in the face. :3: haha

They also had some agility stuff set up, so we sent Buddy through the tube! These are just reference pictures to see how large it is, we have a video of him actually running through it.

Videos to come later!

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
Thats awesome, I loving love huskies. My dog park has a small thing like that on Halloween, though its all community driven.

At our park theres a husky that looks like the one dressed as a squirrel, only maybe a little more caramel/red colored, her name is Kai, and she intimidates every dog there, even though she just wants to play (rough). I wish Cosmo would warm up to her, but she tackled him one time and took all his confidence away :3: Now he plays just outside the group slowly working up the courage to get in the mix, until he gets scared and tucks his butt under and gets ran over...

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

WolfensteinBag posted:

:stare:

I love the red coloring. We had two males who went to the dog park we used to go to that were both red and they were beautiful. I can't wait for the videos :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That red female has the best facial expressions, they're cracking me up. I can't wait to see the video of agility Buddy!

• Locked thread