Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyperpower!
Jun 1, 2004
I'm in a box!
While discussing the Dune books with a friend they decided to describe the movie they thought was Dune.

It was most definitely not Dune.

Nevertheless I want to know if it exists or if it is just some kind of crazy fever dream. Here is my friends painfully full description of said film:

"There is sand in it but no worms, they have areas of quicksand that pull people into them. There were two guys, one of them (an alien?) was pregnant (he'd reproduced by himself and explained to his friend that 'it happens sometimes.') The pregnant guy got caught in one of the quicksand pits and the other one had to pull him out. The alien was dying so the other guy ended up having to cut the kid out of him and raised it himself. The kids name may or may not have been Zummy or something like that."

... Yeah I know. I have my doubts to whether this is something that has actually been made but if anyone would know it would be the internet.

Any ideas or do I need to find myself some saner friends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Hyperpower! posted:

While discussing the Dune books with a friend they decided to describe the movie they thought was Dune.

It was most definitely not Dune.

Nevertheless I want to know if it exists or if it is just some kind of crazy fever dream. Here is my friends painfully full description of said film:

"There is sand in it but no worms, they have areas of quicksand that pull people into them. There were two guys, one of them (an alien?) was pregnant (he'd reproduced by himself and explained to his friend that 'it happens sometimes.') The pregnant guy got caught in one of the quicksand pits and the other one had to pull him out. The alien was dying so the other guy ended up having to cut the kid out of him and raised it himself. The kids name may or may not have been Zummy or something like that."

... Yeah I know. I have my doubts to whether this is something that has actually been made but if anyone would know it would be the internet.

Any ideas or do I need to find myself some saner friends?

This sounds like Enemy Mine.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089092/

INTERACTIVE CD-ROM
Nov 18, 2005

Love?
A goon (I can't remember which) has an avatar showing a guy pushing a woman in a wheelchair down a hall at top speed, and at the end he stops short and she goes flying onto a bed. It's funny out of context, but could very well be horrifying in the film. Anyone know what it's from?

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

NoSleepTillBedtime posted:

A goon (I can't remember which) has an avatar showing a guy pushing a woman in a wheelchair down a hall at top speed, and at the end he stops short and she goes flying onto a bed. It's funny out of context, but could very well be horrifying in the film. Anyone know what it's from?

A scene like this happened in Curb Your Enthusiasm.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

My dad and I were watching an old episode of T.J. Hooker earlier, and one of those character actors you see in everything was a suspect in a crime. Going from my dad's "Hey, that guy was in [X] movie!," here are the details:

This guy played a P.O.W. during Vietnam, and the Vietcong was keeping him in dark isolation underground. I guess they were doing experiments on him because they would only feed him raw meat and nothing else. Eventually, the guy turns into some monster like a werewolf or some carnivorous creature from eating nothing but the meat.

Sorry, but that's all my dad remembers. I don't even know the actor's name, but maybe this will stir some memories. Of note, Hooker was on in the early 80s, so this movie had to have been from that time or maybe a few years earlier.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

You Are A Elf posted:

My dad and I were watching an old episode of T.J. Hooker earlier, and one of those character actors you see in everything was a suspect in a crime. Going from my dad's "Hey, that guy was in [X] movie!," here are the details:

This guy played a P.O.W. during Vietnam, and the Vietcong was keeping him in dark isolation underground. I guess they were doing experiments on him because they would only feed him raw meat and nothing else. Eventually, the guy turns into some monster like a werewolf or some carnivorous creature from eating nothing but the meat.

Sorry, but that's all my dad remembers. I don't even know the actor's name, but maybe this will stir some memories. Of note, Hooker was on in the early 80s, so this movie had to have been from that time or maybe a few years earlier.

Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence?

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

Capsaicin posted:

Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence?

That was WW2 and featured no supernatural elements.

Tommy Callahan
Sep 17, 2008

OH MY GOD! WE'RE BURNING ALIVE!

NoSleepTillBedtime posted:

This one?

That's from forum member ease

Sizzlechest was right when he said it was from Curb Your Enthusiasm. It's from the episode "Denise Handicap" where he tries to have sex with a wheelchair-bound woman. It's extremely funny and awkward.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

You Are A Elf posted:

Cannibal Apocalypse?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Sir Nose posted:

Cannibal Apocalypse?

Wow, that might be it. John Saxon looks like the guy from T.J. Hooker, even though there's no mention of him being a guest on the show, but maybe my dad is mixing him up with the Hooker guy since Saxon's pretty much been in everything, too. Thanks!

INTERACTIVE CD-ROM
Nov 18, 2005

Love?

Sizzlechest posted:

A scene like this happened in Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Tommy Callahan posted:

Sizzlechest was right when he said it was from Curb Your Enthusiasm. It's from the episode "Denise Handicap" where he tries to have sex with a wheelchair-bound woman. It's extremely funny and awkward.

Thanks a bunch, now I feel OK about laughing at it!

Wyatt
Jul 7, 2009

NOOOOOOOOOO.
One scene: medieval setting; a scruffy fellow, presumably the protagonist, is traveling in a caravan when they are attacked; the lead attacker is a sort of Black Knight character, and his sword swings are knocking people through the air; the presumable protagonist succeeds in cutting of the Black Knight's arm; there is a tattoo, of a wolf head or something on the hand of the severed arm

Scene slightly later:
the presumable protagonist is now carrying around the sword of the Black Knight and, when the caravan gets to town, this appears to alarm the local military type folks

(This was all in Spanish, so I don't really know what was going on. I am pretty sure it was dubbed, though.)

Parachute
May 18, 2003
This was most likely from the early-mid 80's and the part I can remember involves a black car with some kind of female hostage who is trying to escape from said car out of the sunroof (I think) while another car is pursuing the car trying to rescue the girl. I am almost certain the car drove off of a cliff several times, exploded, and came back like nothing happened. Maybe the car was some kind of demon as well.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard
As far as demon cars movie, there's the classic The Car :

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075809/

What you saw could also be:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100917/

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Thejaff posted:

What you saw could also be:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100917/

Once I saw the "school bus driver" in the synopsis it all came back to me. Thanks a bunch!

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
When I was a wee lad I think I remember seeing a horror movie box cover with people that looked just like those coneheads from the coneheads movie but with scary faces and really sharp teeth. Does anyone know if any horror movies like this exists? Also in the same vein there is this one episode of Courage the Cowardly Dog where he meets some restaurant owner who is suspected of cutting up his own customers. What is the horror movie this is spoofed off because I think I saw that cover too. 90's horror movies had the coolest cassette box covers.

2xSlick
Feb 9, 2010

Kneel Before Zog posted:

When I was a wee lad I think I remember seeing a horror movie box cover with people that looked just like those coneheads from the coneheads movie but with scary faces and really sharp teeth. Does anyone know if any horror movies like this exists?

You wouldn't happen to be thinking of these guys?

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
No, they literally looked just like humanoid coneheads. Maybe i'm mixing things up though.

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

Friend wrote this, you guys know everything. Help him:

"Basically 2 sisters are in their house, one blond and one brunette. The blond is a ditz and the brunette keeps trying to tell her that everyone is gone. To prove it, she goes outside and there are bunch of clothes and shoes in the street with basically only sand in them.

They go back inside and hear a DJ come on the radio. Thinking it's a live person, they drive to the radio station to talk to him. There they find out the DJ is a machine, but there's this dude with a hand gun who makes them come out into the light before putting away his gun. He says he's a trucker and upon coming into town encountered some zombie like creatures who snatched the girl he was with and also ate a raw cat."

EDIT: Figured out it was Night of the Comet.

The Lucas fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 15, 2010

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Don't remember much about this movie except the opening scene. Soccer match, and for some reason they need to substitute someone for one of the players, so they break the player's arm. I think they did that so that substitute could infiltrate the government or something, which makes no sense but that's how I remember it.
e: I think it's from the early 80s
Thanks!

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 18, 2010

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Victory
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083284/

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

There was a movie I saw on Showtime or HBO a while ago, and I never got the name of it. It's from the 70s or 80s. What I remember from it was, a car of 4 or 5 breaks down near a roadside Wax Museum. The owner ends up killing them 1 by 1. Eventually, the main girl finds a back room where she finds the owner's wife or something, I think she is still alive. Stuff happens, and she escapes, and the last shot of the movie is her driving away with either a wax version of the wife, or of herself or something.

I don't think it is the original version of House of Wax, because I don't think Vincent Price was the owner.

pud
Jul 9, 2001

Hockles posted:

There was a movie I saw on Showtime or HBO a while ago, and I never got the name of it. It's from the 70s or 80s. What I remember from it was, a car of 4 or 5 breaks down near a roadside Wax Museum. The owner ends up killing them 1 by 1. Eventually, the main girl finds a back room where she finds the owner's wife or something, I think she is still alive. Stuff happens, and she escapes, and the last shot of the movie is her driving away with either a wax version of the wife, or of herself or something.

I don't think it is the original version of House of Wax, because I don't think Vincent Price was the owner.

I saw it at least 10-15 ago because Stephen King spooged over it in Danse Macabre, so the details are fuzzy, but you might want to check out Tourist Trap. IIRC it was the owner's brother and not his wife that they find, but it's a 70's horror flick that takes place in a wax museum and your description doesn't sound like either of the House of Wax flicks or Waxwork, so it may be it.

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

Hockles posted:

Waxwork?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

pud posted:

I saw it at least 10-15 ago because Stephen King spooged over it in Danse Macabre, so the details are fuzzy, but you might want to check out Tourist Trap. IIRC it was the owner's brother and not his wife that they find, but it's a 70's horror flick that takes place in a wax museum and your description doesn't sound like either of the House of Wax flicks or Waxwork, so it may be it.

Yep, pretty sure that's it. I vaguely remember the name now, and the plot description match up on imdb.

Wyatt
Jul 7, 2009

NOOOOOOOOOO.

Wyatt posted:

One scene: medieval setting; a scruffy fellow, presumably the protagonist, is traveling in a caravan when they are attacked; the lead attacker is a sort of Black Knight character, and his sword swings are knocking people through the air; the presumable protagonist succeeds in cutting of the Black Knight's arm; there is a tattoo, of a wolf head or something on the hand of the severed arm

Scene slightly later:
the presumable protagonist is now carrying around the sword of the Black Knight and, when the caravan gets to town, this appears to alarm the local military type folks

Another scene I just recalled:

Some peasant fellow is going to be hanged, but the scruffy fellow comes and saves him with this sword. He's all rejoicing in his awesomeness when someone stabs the peasant, killing him.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog
This might be from a TV show but I'm looking for something with a scene where a homeless guy runs up to a nicer car and offers to clean the windows, and then goes ahead and does it anyway, smearing crap all over the windshield.

Too vague? Sorry, it's all I got.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

I think that happens in Street Trash? If the guy later turned to goop, it was Street Trash.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

penismightier posted:

I think that happens in Street Trash? If the guy later turned to goop, it was Street Trash.

I feel like it was from a lighthearted comedy, and the guy driving the car is an uptight white dude who tries to stop the homeless guy from doing it.

But I could be wrong! I don't think I've seen Street Trash before, but it looks like fun.

Erasmus Darwin
Mar 6, 2001

VorpalBunny posted:

I feel like it was from a lighthearted comedy, and the guy driving the car is an uptight white dude who tries to stop the homeless guy from doing it.

I want to say it's Nothing to Lose, but I'm not sure. I know I've seen the scene you're talking about though, and I'm fairly sure it's from a movie rather than a TV show.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

VorpalBunny posted:

But I could be wrong! I don't think I've seen Street Trash before, but it looks like fun.

Trading Places maybe?

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?

VorpalBunny posted:

This might be from a TV show but I'm looking for something with a scene where a homeless guy runs up to a nicer car and offers to clean the windows, and then goes ahead and does it anyway, smearing crap all over the windshield.

Too vague? Sorry, it's all I got.

This is how Brian and Peter Griffin met in Family Guy.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Topper Harley posted:

This is how Brian and Peter Griffin met in Family Guy.

That must be it. Somehow I knew it was from a TV show, but it seemed like the kind of scene that could have been in a handful of movies. Maybe the Family Guy scene was a reference to something else?

Anyway, thanks for figuring it out!

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Schweinhund posted:

Victory
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083284/

Thanks!

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

VorpalBunny posted:

That must be it. Somehow I knew it was from a TV show, but it seemed like the kind of scene that could have been in a handful of movies. Maybe the Family Guy scene was a reference to something else?

Anyway, thanks for figuring it out!

Life stinks? It's in the trailer around 0:36

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pGHsjyctmw

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
A horror movie where monsters live on the other side of mirrors or closets or something. The ending involves A girl being trapped on the other side surrounded by monsters, banging on the wall trying to get a nurse's attention but she can't see her.

This is infuriating me.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

mango sentinel posted:

A horror movie where monsters live on the other side of mirrors or closets or something. The ending involves A girl being trapped on the other side surrounded by monsters, banging on the wall trying to get a nurse's attention but she can't see her.

This is infuriating me.

Is it They?

Morgan_
Dec 12, 2004
Does anyone remember a movie when a girl goes to prom, her mom makes her wear a dress from the Salvation Army. This popular girl at prom recognizes the dress as her own that her little brother had spilled a spot of ink on. The girl wearing the dress now has put a flower on it to hide it. The popular girl rips it off.

Morgan_ fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 22, 2010

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
I think this is a part from Tokyo Godfathers (I didn't see a name that show thread in ADTRW...).

This girl has a run in with this waiter guy who tries to kill a mob boss or politician or something, then hides out in his tiny apartment with his wife who I think was breastfeeding her baby at the time?

If it is Tokyo Godfathers I got it from netflix so I can't doublecheck. Just one of those scenes I can't remember the source and its bugging me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Morgan_ posted:

Does anyone remember a movie when a girl goes to prom, her mom makes her wear a dress from the Salvation Army. This popular girl at prom recognizes the dress as her own that her little brother had spilled a spot of ink on. The girl wearing the dress now has put a flower on it to hide it. The popular girl rips it off.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2177344&pagenumber=78&perpage=40#post361848942