Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Man, Annie. Always so awkward at changing the subject.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
As if the actual story and humor weren't enough, you really have to love the amusing expressions Tom draws on tiny, non-detailed faces.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Oh goddammit Annie, stop blueballing me! I've been waiting for this moment for so many chapters :(

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So does Parley need Smitty to teleport at will? That what I'm seeing here?

And did they kiss in the moment they were gone? The hell's Smitty looking so gobsmacked for?

Mumblyfish
Jul 22, 2007
Senselessly gorgeous.
I think it's implied that, given what must be at the forefront of her mind right now, Parley teleported herself and Smitty to somewhere typically associated with hot make-out sessions. She's done it before.

Parley ain't so embarrassed about it this time. She's growing up :3:

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
I love the look on Kat's face in the third panel.

As for Smitty's expression, I thought it was the surprise of being teleported suddenly.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Heliotrope posted:

I love the look on Kat's face in the third panel.

As for Smitty's expression, I thought it was the surprise of being teleported suddenly.

He'd only have that expression for one panel if that was the case. He has it for two panels, so it's not simple surprise.

Elftor
Jan 10, 2003

Mumblyfish posted:

I think it's implied that, given what must be at the forefront of her mind right now, Parley teleported herself and Smitty to somewhere typically associated with hot make-out sessions. She's done it before.

It looks like they teleported to an identical set of steps, just without Annie and Kat there. Or did they teleport somewhere and then teleport back to the same steps a second later? I'm a little confused and possibly retarded.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Elftor posted:

It looks like they teleported to an identical set of steps, just without Annie and Kat there. Or did they teleport somewhere and then teleport back to the same steps a second later? I'm a little confused and possibly retarded.

I think Parley was just testing her powers a bit and teleported somewhere and back again; Annie and Kat are just out of the frame.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

EoRaptor posted:

He'd only have that expression for one panel if that was the case. He has it for two panels, so it's not simple surprise.

I took those panels to be occurring within a second or so of each other

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Hahaha. So, you know those fans that Siddell has to explain everything to in short, simple sentences...?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
C'mon you guys this isn't dresden kodak. Quit overthinking things. because dresden kodak is an indesipherable mess

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

Ka0 posted:

C'mon you guys this isn't dresden kodak. Quit overthinking things. because dresden kodak is an indesipherable mess
"Indecipherable". And Dresden Kodak really isn't all that terrible.

However, there's something about either Gunnerkrigg Court or the fans of GC that lends itself to over-analysis, it appears.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Mumblyfish posted:

Oh hey, I just noticed Jones being about knee deep in the bed in that first frame there. Huh.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Yeah she's touchy about her weight, try not to mention it.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Ka0 posted:

Yeah she's touchy about her weight, try not to mention it.
Rumor has it that she's a robot! Jones is not a robot.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

That robot rumour is so silly. I honestly doubt someone like James would've slept with a fake-woman, for any particular reason.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

I know about the weight thing, it's just kinda fun to look back and catch small details like that.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Was Golem ever ruled out?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Something I noticed as I was re-reading some chapters for the hundreth time. Tom usually puts a comment, normally a funny one, under each page he does. But I noticed that during the Jeanne flashbacks (like the latest chapter, or the robot camera footage), he doesn't put any comment. It really makes those parts seem all the more serious now that I've noticed that.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

A student posted:

Was Golem ever ruled out?

Golem is my bet, but if that's the case I'm not splitting the Jones pool money. :mad:

qa6
Jul 26, 2006

I'll tell ya how I been!
I BIN JUNK!

Macaluso posted:

Something I noticed as I was re-reading some chapters for the hundreth time. Tom usually puts a comment, normally a funny one, under each page he does. But I noticed that during the Jeanne flashbacks (like the latest chapter, or the robot camera footage), he doesn't put any comment. It really makes those parts seem all the more serious now that I've noticed that.

The comments disappear for all the really serious parts - they weren't there during Annie's flashback to the hospital either.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Honestly I think we'll never guess what Jones is because she is something of toms own invention.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
"Golem" is practically the same word as "robot" anyway.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

DontMockMySmock posted:

Robot would probably be court made (science), golem would probably be forest made (magic).

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
"Magic" is practically the same word as "science" anyway.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
golems are made by rabbis, not rabbits

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

DontMockMySmock posted:

in Discworld, maybe :colbert:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
She could also be a Chimera, part human, part elephant, She certainly weighs enough.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

A student posted:

She could also be a Chimera, part human, part elephant, She certainly weighs enough.

So when people say she's got a lot of junk in her trunk--

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Maybe her bones were implanted with vibranium or a similar fantasy metal.

Jones' bones.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Ka0 posted:

Maybe her bones were implanted with vibranium or a similar fantasy metal.

Jones' bones.

Jones' bones owns.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Someone on the GC forums had the idea that she might be Galatea (the statue carved by Pygmalion in Greek mythology which came to life), which has a certain amount of attraction.

GC fans are prone to overanalysis because the story rewards careful examination. People can look at past events and see the seeds of current storylines very easily. That means that the current storylines likely contain the seeds of future ones. Unfortunately, that also means that it's easy to jump on every little detail because it /might/ turn out to be something important later. I think most of us have been guilty of that at one time or another.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

idonotlikepeas posted:

Someone on the GC forums had the idea that she might be Galatea (the statue carved by Pygmalion in Greek mythology which came to life), which has a certain amount of attraction.

Doesn't look like Jones is getting much use out of that bonus to Presence rolls.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

idonotlikepeas posted:

GC fans are prone to overanalysis because the story rewards careful examination. People can look at past events and see the seeds of current storylines very easily. That means that the current storylines likely contain the seeds of future ones. Unfortunately, that also means that it's easy to jump on every little detail because it /might/ turn out to be something important later. I think most of us have been guilty of that at one time or another.

Also, the art is pretty and overanalysis is an excuse to look at it some more.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Oh man. Those faces.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Fecha posted:

Oh man. Those faces.

I vote this chapter just be renamed Eyebrows.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Today, on Gunnerkrigg Court: ಠ_ಠ

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Antimony Carver: The Wettest Blanket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Panel 5: pure, unadulterated :argh:

Between this and the last strip, it almost seems like she's doing it on purpose.