Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CerealCrunch
Jun 23, 2007
This is Monty. He's a fuzzball with sophisticated tastes

Monty Loves balls

But he hates skateboards

He plays piano

And he's a happy boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deviledseraphim
Jan 22, 2002
me gusta besar el pollo desnudo!!
I don't think I've posted my cats before.

This is Froley giving Cheever a bath.

Click here for the full 1900x1445 image.

Froley is a huge jerk, but pretty hilarious. He was weaned too early and consequently seems to have some kind of cat autism. He only gets along with kittens, all other cats he freaks out by not understanding the proper social protocols. His mom was a one legged cat named Tripod who was violated by possibly a bear in southern Illinois. The whole affair is very hillbilly and he doesn't like me to remind him of it.

Cheever is a rescue we got as a kitten to be Froley's companion. We were told he was so shy he might never accept us. Now I can't get him out of my drat lap. :3:

Edit: Oops, he's bathing himself here. But he does often give Cheever baths! Here's a better picture of Cheever to make up for it.

Click here for the full 1500x1000 image.

deviledseraphim fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Oct 14, 2010

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Click here for the full 1206x801 image.

This is a (now) 11-week old kitten I adopted recently. Poor lil guy has cerebellar hypoplasia. If you aren't familiar with the condition, this youtube video will give you a pretty good idea. I'm still not sure on the name but I'm probably going with Shaky, if the cat is standing still his head will be shaking around, literally like a bobblehead. I just took him to the vet today and got him officially diagnosed, and he is otherwise happy and healthy. Unfortunately I don't have a video camera at the moment but I'll get my hands on one and get you guys a video of some of his funnier actions, like jumping off a couch or running on hardwood.

I'll see if I can at least get a few more pictures but really only video would do this little guy justice.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Robawesome posted:

Poor lil guy has cerebellar hypoplasia.

Wobbly kitty :3:

Everything I've read about it says they're in no pain from the condition. Hope you've got baby gates and nothing too high for him to fall off of. :ohdear:

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

So, Kostěj said "gently caress you" to the cruel fate

and adopted the family of giant hairless apes, who saved him, as his servants on the quest to become the strongest cat ever.

The progress could be seen almost every day and so he decided to lose all the orange hair in favor of more dignified gray and black.

Today he already grew to a fine young cat gentleman, smart and agile, and everything is dandy.

He even made progress in becoming friends with our old grumpy Maine Coon.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Wobbly kitty :3:

Everything I've read about it says they're in no pain from the condition. Hope you've got baby gates and nothing too high for him to fall off of. :ohdear:

Yeah, the vet confirmed he's not in any pain. He struggles to climb up the couch and inevitably hits his belly when jumping down so I try to help him out when I see that he's about to jump. Other than that there really isn't anything around high enough that he can hurt himself on.

Billy Black
Nov 9, 2006

Is this where videos go? I took a video of my cat kneading his blanket, because it's pretty much his favorite thing to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjYpGzYO94s

With a bonus squeak at the end.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

My newly one-eyed cat.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
My cockatiel Persephone attacking her favorite toy.

Click here for the full 478x640 image.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"
Cross-post from the GBS Halloween thread.

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!
With all the awesome critters in this thread, mine is a bit more common :(

it's just a cat, named Solo. He enjoys puffing his tail and assaulting me with an arched back, while i'm sitting in my office chair!

Pic for proof:

Sometimes however, it's not all claws and teeth:

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF
Cross posting from the cute picture thread:
My two cats, one playing with the tail of the other:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44ijYOptqlM

Maggot Monster
Nov 27, 2003
Hello, I just wanted an place to post pictures of my new puppy because I think he's adorable. This is Milo, and he's 3.5 months old and his hobbies are taking long rear end naps and looking grumpy when I try to take him for a walk.

I bought him from a backyard breeder with a bunch of de.. no wait, he comes from a line of CH's on his fathers side and the breeder has five or six current CH's. We co-own him and she retains show/breeding rights because he's clearly gonna be a winner and take the nationals.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR
Ellie begging for attention. PLAY WITH ME BEFORE I MURDER YOU :mad:

advion
Jul 25, 2005
this is max.

this is lucy.

Composting Toilet
Oct 24, 2009

Maggot Monster posted:

Hello, I just wanted an place to post pictures of my new puppy because I think he's adorable. This is Milo, and he's 3.5 months old and his hobbies are taking long rear end naps and looking grumpy when I try to take him for a walk.

I bought him from a backyard breeder with a bunch of de.. no wait, he comes from a line of CH's on his fathers side and the breeder has five or six current CH's. We co-own him and she retains show/breeding rights because he's clearly gonna be a winner and take the nationals.

'tis a beautiful dog!!

spitcloth
Mar 12, 2008

may include giblets
Alice :3:

I never thought I would actually like a cat.

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

Why yes, I HAVE seen uhaul.jpg

BaronW posted:

This is Manfred. He likes the printer.

"Sup"

So it turns out Manfred is more like a Girlfred. New name: Sarah. Say hello, Sarah.

SpuriousGeorge
Mar 19, 2009
Otto goes to the beach...

and discovers that he can swim!

Click here for the full 800x492 image.

and bounds triumphantly through the sand.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

and realizes that digging is the best thing ever.

Click here for the full 800x599 image.

and stares majestically into the surf.

and continues to dig until it is hard for him to get out of his hole.

Click here for the full 800x601 image.

and gets so pooped from recreational digging that he digs a napping pit.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
This is Zowie. She is a sleepy puddy.

This is Wikus in his Halloween jacket. :3:

Wikus thinks that I'm a crazy cat lady and is begging you (and my boyfriend)to save him. Though he really does seem to enjoy his Halloween jacket. He fights me any time I want to take it off of him. Probably 'cause it's warm.

Frik
Oct 18, 2010
Here are two of my froggies, Rosa and Grün. They were sadly dipped in acid and then dyed to get their vibrant colors, which I found out after buying them from a kiosk in the mall that sold them in these tiny rear end containers. I also found out that they grow up to 6", so I quickly bought them a much bigger home. So cruel. Hopefully everyone else that buys these bad boys takes a Frog101 course, too.

I love them, and have since then bought them three more friends. :frogdowns:

D'awww. Holding hands for the picture.

sailorjosh
Apr 23, 2006

Peanut butter, mother fucker.
Scooter, he's one year old-ish, and pretty much batshit nuts.

Ohallik
Apr 10, 2009
Here's Kobuk, my 12 year old Alaskan Husky.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
I'll just leave these here, best looking dog ever.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Click here for the full 1600x927 image.

queenpopsicle
Mar 29, 2005

Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango?
This is Maricela, nicknamed Ellie Mae, relaxing after a long day of doing nothing:

Click here for the full 960x1280 image.

I posted this picture in my own thread, but this is Ellie Mae in her Halloween costume:

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

This is my mom's dog, Phoebe, just after she had surgery to remove bladder stones. She had over 50 of them inside of her. Yeah, that's right, 50. So she had to be in her crate while her staples were in. But she is now on special food, so she shouldn't have to have surgery again.:

Click here for the full 1000x750 image.

Tricky Rogue
Oct 23, 2010
My mom has five (yes, FIVE) purebred Shetland Sheepdogs, but I unfortunately have no pictures of them.

I do, however, have a picture of my own cat; her name is Tashi. She's a cross between Himalayan and Siamese, though I think she's got something else in her because she's unusually affectionate.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Coby (right side, male, 14 weeks) and Cricket (left side, female, 10 weeks).

Closer picture of their adorable faces.

Cricket at 8 weeks.

Coby at 10 weeks.

Both are pure Australian Cattle Dogs, from the same breeder, different litters. We were only planning to get Cricket at first but Coby, from an earlier litter, still hadn't found an acceptable home, so we talked to the breeder and now we have them both. We brought him home at 10 weeks, when she was still 6 weeks, and took her home at 7 weeks, which was too early (especially given that she was born about a week early to a first time mom), but not too bad.

She has a little umbilical hernia, likely from the dam not leaving her stump alone, but the vet isn't too worried.

Their hobbies include bitie-face, bitie-butt, and eating grass. They both do fantastic sits, and are learning to wait at doors and stairs. Coby sort of knows "down" but it takes pretending like you have a treat to get him to do it. Cricket doesn't quite get "down" yet, every time we try to lure her into a down from a sit, her butt pops up as her head goes down.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

My almost 2 year old cat Koni taking a nap while I play street fighter.

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.
This is Trouble. My aunt found him as a kitten, starving and sick in a crappy motel in Bakersfield. She took him back down with her to Orange County, and my family adopted him and nursed him back to health (at a cost of something like $1,000. :v:)

He is now a year old and living up to his name.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
:swoon: What a pretty kitty.

`xpoc
Oct 1, 2003

This is Zeus, we adopted him from our local animal shelter as a puppy about a year ago. He's is the biggest baby ever but we love him! As a side note: this morning, the wife tried to get him outside but as soon as he saw the snow he put the brakes on. I had to literally shove him outside so he could go to the bathroom. Good Lord, they are strong when they want to be.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

YAY A PHOTO THREAD :neckbeard:

Squeak, master of... patios. And food bowls. And the paw smack. And being an rear end in a top hat in general.

Diego doing this weird... hopping.. thing that he does when running. He's incredibly friendly, really sweet, but dumb as a box of rocks and scared of his own shadow. He won't even go piss/poo poo in the yard unless you go out there first and walk around in the grass.

Oh, this is adorable, you'd think they're best friends right? Right? No, it's very much a Garfield and Odie relationship. Shortly after this photo was taken, Squeak reared up and smacked Diego's face, hissed, and walked (waddled?) off, leaving Diego very, very confused. I only wish I was kidding, Squeak loving despises Diego, but Diego loves him and always wants to play with him. But Squeak (and myself) have only been in the house a little under 2 months now.

Squeak is somewhere in the range of 9 and 10 years old and belongs to me. Diego is about 3 years old and belongs to my mom. Squeak follows me around like a lost puppy most of the time, but is generally anti social except with me (you don't try to pet him until he's drat good and ready, but I can pick him up and toss him around and he just purrs).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Oct 29, 2010

Ambulance Planet
Oct 26, 2010

FEED ME MOOOORE
I have a lot of guinea pigs.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Click here for the full 808x476 image.

Bonus nose peeking:

Click here for the full 721x478 image.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
I don't have a picture at the ready but I just got the cutest Bichon Frise ever. He was taken as a young puppy by a family who decided they didn't want him any more and I got him at 5 months (from a friend of the family) because, apparently, he was "too big" to appeal to people any more. WTF????

He is the god damned most lovely and lovable beast ever. Do all Bichons spread out on the floor like polar bears? I've had him for 2 weeks now and the poor bastard just got his nads chopped off and is wearing a cone helmet. He is a retarded hippo at the best of times but now he crashes into everything all the time. My aged apricot poodle thinks he's the bees knees except when he bowls him over like nothing. The funny thing is, when you look at him, somehow, he look twice the size of the poodle but he's actually smaller. He's just so loving stocky and has paws like an elephant.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
We adopted 2 kitties today!

Here is Socrates:

He's about 7 months old, and still quite nervous in our house but he will get lots of love and space so I think he'll feel better soon.

Here's Cleopatra:

The complete opposite of Socrates, about 6 months old and sticking her cute nose into everything.

Sorry about pic quality, they wouldn't sit still for long enough for a snap!

liz con queso
Feb 1, 2008

juguete sin queso
My nine month old orange boy kitty named Money was hit by a car at only 9 months old in June. It was the worst thing ever. After taking a bit of time to heal, I knew that Money would be happy if I adopted from the shelter. Since I decided I no longer wanted an outdoor cat, I decided getting two was the best idea, as we all know that KITTENS ARE ASSHOLES.

I researched a high-kill shelter (I wanted to at least save some lives) in my area, and instantly fell in love with these two, which I renamed from "Kosmo and Grover" to "Wayne and Garth," an homage to one of my favorite movies. They were roommates at the shelter (mistaken for brothers, but Garth is 7 months old and Wayne is 6 months old). They're the best.

The day they came home! (Garth is the one all the way on the ground, Wayne is resting on him):

Getting bigger!

Soooo big, AAHH my babies:

Last but not least, pensively looking out the window, the big boys:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Oh my goodness those cats are so deeply in love with eachother awww. :keke:

liz con queso
Feb 1, 2008

juguete sin queso
They're best buds for life! :D

thecitymorgue
Oct 21, 2008
Apollo, Puggle, ~2 months old (Aug. 2007)

Apollo now! (3 years)

Zeus, Puggle, ~2 months old (Aug 2010)

Zeus and Apollo then...

Zeus and Apollo now! (Apollo 3 years, Zeus 4 months)

At Halloween..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonder Bra
Jan 5, 2008

always in another castle
This is Rupert. He's an 11-year-old American Classic Tabby I've had since he was about 12 months (or so). He's a shelter cat and my guess is that he was abandoned by his previous owners. He's my best buddy... has mellowed a lot with age, but always been a bit co-dependent.

He's happiest when he's touching both me and my husband, either being hugged between both of us or on the couch between us. He thinks he's human and loves to be held like a baby. He's a bit on the sensitive side and therefore easy to train. When we tell him "NO" and mean it, he's seriously ashamed of himself. Except when it comes to begging for food.

He had a bit of extra weight for a while until we moved into our new house and he's been able to go outside. Nothing makes him happier than pooping in the great outdoors. He has a very limited range and is somewhat afraid of large spaces, so he mostly sticks to the back yard... but he's lost a whole pound and seems so much happier!

We're getting a corgi puppy from Brookhaven Corgis on Whidbey Island in two weeks. Rupert will NOT be pleased, and in a way I feel like I'm betraying him. Is that weird?

Anyway, pics...

• Locked thread