Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

savinhill posted:

What is " The greater internet fuckwhistle theory" ? I've never heard of it before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Wojtek posted:

Why is it that pretty much every wrestling board is full of absolute poo poo? It's almost worse than youtube comments.

Is it something about the nature of wrestling fans or just the anonymity of the internet reaching out to all types of forums?

Note I'm for the most part talking about non-pay sites.

You know how people make fun of wrestling and say that idiots and children are the only ones who watch it, aside from a minority of geeks? Well... :smith:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

El Axo Grande posted:

Weren't they presenting something at a college or something and that's all he could come up with?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Burrito posted:

Weren't they presenting something at a college or something and that's all he could come up with?
Not as far as I know. It was just a comic. When they present at colleges they usually just do a Q and A and then make a strip.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Burrito posted:

They did a presentation at MIT and he drew that on the blackboard I think. it was after the comic came out so I don't think it was created for the presentation.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Critical posted:

They did a presentation at MIT and he drew that on the blackboard I think. it was after the comic came out so I don't think it was created for the presentation.

The image posted in this thread is clearly a cartoon, though.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Was Rey Misterio, Sr. any good?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Atticus Finch posted:

Was Rey Misterio, Sr. any good?

He was good in Wrestlemaniac!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
From what I've been told by folks who follow lucha aggressively, he kinda sucked, but then again, he trained Psicosis, Juvi, and Rey Jr. So he at least had something to offer the business.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA
We have all heard of things like the Dirty Sanchez or the Rusty Trombone. Pick a wrestler at random. Now what act should go with the wrestler you picked?

I gave a girl a Kamala. She got naked and I slapped her boobs while talking in tongues.

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

I gave my ex a Matt Hardy.

She slept with my flat mate and I acted like a pissy douchebag about it.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I gave my girlfriend a Steve Austin, and...

No wait, I gave her a Jimmy Snuka and...

Um, no, hold on, I gave her a Kurt Angle...

gently caress, I'm bad at this.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Moose Bigelow posted:

We have all heard of things like the Dirty Sanchez or the Rusty Trombone. Pick a wrestler at random. Now what act should go with the wrestler you picked?

I gave a girl a Kamala. She got naked and I slapped her boobs while talking in tongues.

That sounds like a funny idea for a new thread if people could come up with enough of them.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

CombineThresher posted:

I gave my girlfriend a Steve Austin, and...

No wait, I gave her a Jimmy Snuka and...

Um, no, hold on, I gave her a Kurt Angle...

gently caress, I'm bad at this.

You're giving her a WWE Matt Morgan?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I gave her a Kaval. I did everything right but got no appriciation for it because I'm too small.

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

I gave my girlfriend a Steve Austin, but I know she loves me because she posted my bail after the neighbors called the cops.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I gave my girlfriend an Aksana. What is foreplay?

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
My girlfriend gave me a Michael McGuillicutty...she said she was almost, at that moment, right then, about to begin, very soon, pretty close to, on the verge of getting to the point of orgasm and then nothing happened and she disappeared for a few weeks.

Wojtek fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Oct 16, 2010

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I gave my girlfriend an X-Pac Heat, because she never existed.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
My girlfriend gave me a John Cena. She can't see me. :(

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

My girlfriend gave me a John Cena. She can't see me. :(

She thought you were nearly finished until you popped up looking refreshed and like nothing had happened?

Seriously, these should get their own thread. It'd be entertaining and wouldn't kill this one like the Matt Facts did the Hardy thread :(

Wrestling question: Is there a common opinion on who is the most hated heel of all time (in terms of actual boos they got and not just because they are a bad person) and how did they achieve that level of heat?

Forearm
Nov 14, 2005
Big Boss Man exemplified midcard heel heat. He ate people's dogs, made their mothers admit they were bastards, stole coffins from funerals, and beat prisoners. He wrote poetry with lines like "If I had a son as stupid as you/I'd wish for cancer, so I could die too." He also raised briefcases and was hanged by The Brood.

Anyway, I Daniel Bryan'd my GF. I lost out to much less talented men, choked out an authority figure and was sent packing for three months.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Forearm posted:

Anyway, I Daniel Bryan'd my GF. I lost out to much less talented men, choked out an authority figure and was sent packing for three months.

Justin Roberts is an authority figure?

I gave my girlfriend a Warrior. I got tired out from my very enthusiastic foreplay.

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 16, 2010

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Perry Normal posted:

Justin Roberts is an authority figure?

I gave my girlfriend a Warrior. I got tired out from my very enthusiastic foreplay.

Starting a thread for this since there is material there.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I listened to a podcast yesterday that aimed to talk about the greatest single episodes in wrestling TV history, but I feel like they just scratched the surface. Would there be interest in a thread about this?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

In his blog today, Jim Ross said Taz could have been a Main-eventer in the WWE/F and I somewhat agree, so what held him back - his size? character? Injuries?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Manwithastick posted:

In his blog today, Jim Ross said Taz could have been a Main-eventer in the WWE/F and I somewhat agree, so what held him back - his size? character? Injuries?

Injuries. He had neck issues just like many of the other wrestlers. Then he just sort of became a jovial, slightly heelish announcer.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Injuries, basically. His neck was already hosed when he came into the WWF in 2000.

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

Timby posted:

Injuries, basically. His neck was already hosed when he came into the WWF in 2000.

Woah, woah ... back up a sec ...

Taz has a neck?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Maybe not a main eventer, but a Big Show style position was definitely reachable for Tazz. Shame about his neck.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I do remember he had a match with Taker once where he got to counter Old School, which is kind of unheard of.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I doubt Tazz would have become close to a main eventer in the WWE. He just wasn't a great worker, and when you are that size you need to be to get a push. His entire mystique was being pushed as this badass shooter who wrecked everybody. If WWE wanted to push someone with a shoot mystique they had Angle at that point. If they wanted a vanilla midget, they had Benoit.

There was no way they were going to push Tazz the way he was pushed in ECW and thus he wasn't going to make it nearly as far.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Manwithastick posted:

Taz stinks. I said it. He was small, fat, wasn't a great worker, had no charisma, was a faux badass, and got injured occasionally.

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn
They always bring up WCW beating Raw for 50 something straight weeks in the ratings. My question is this. What was the first RAW to beat Nitro and end the streak? What happened on it?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

I do remember he had a match with Taker once where he got to counter Old School, which is kind of unheard of.

I wouldnt mind seeing that, is there a clip anywhere?

EDIT: Google is my friend : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22lr7_the-undertaker-vs-tazz-smackdown_fun

DOUBLEEDIT: Man the crowd seems really well micced or really in to this, are we using different mics or people not this excited anymore

Manwithastick fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Oct 16, 2010

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

El Axo Grande posted:

They always bring up WCW beating Raw for 50 something straight weeks in the ratings. My question is this. What was the first RAW to beat Nitro and end the streak? What happened on it?

April 13, 1998, and it was 84 weeks.

quote:

* Skull & 8-Ball fought Savio Vega & Jose Estrada to a no contest in a chain match at 2:15 when DX interfered and helped Los Boricuas in attacking the DOA; after the match, Chyna hit a low blow on both Savio and Jose

* Brian Christopher & Scott Taylor fought Aguila & Pantera to a no contest when Vince McMahon came out to accept a match with Steve Austin for the title later in the night

* WWF Light Heavyweight Champion Taka Michinoku defeated Jeff Jarrett via disqualification in a non-title match when Club Kamikaze attacked the champion before the match, with Jarrett applying the figure-4 afterwards

* Terry Funk & Scorpio defeated the Quebecers at 2:14 when Scorpio made the pin with the 450 splash after avoiding the Quebecars' finisher

* Ken Shamrock & Steve Blackman fought Bob Holly & Bart Gunn (w/ Jim Cornette) to a double disqualification at 3:43 when all four men began brawling; before the match, Shamrock had a staredown with Dan Severn, who came ringside with the NWA contingent, forcing the referee to send Severn backstage

* Owen Hart pinned WWF Tag Team Champion Billy Gunn at 8:36; Triple H and X-Pac did guest commentary for the bout while the Legion of Doom and Sunny stood at ringside

* WWF World Champion Steve Austin (with his arm tied behind his back) fought Vince McMahon (w/ Pat Patterson & Gerald Brisco) to a no contest when Dude Love came ringside and tried to break the fight up; in the ensuing altercation, Dude eventually locked the Mandible Claw on Austin.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

El Axo Grande posted:

April 13, 1998. No idea what happened.

E:FB

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, the whole "Will Vince actually wrestle Austin" thing was probably the catalyst.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Timby posted:

April 13, 1998, and it was 84 weeks.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The tag-team of Ken Shamrock and Steve Blackman was what finally convinced me that wrestling was 100% fake. I could not believe that schlubs like the New Midnight Express wouldn't just walk away crying when those two were coming down the ramp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

George Kaplan posted:

I gave my ex a Matt Hardy.

She slept with my flat mate and I acted like a pissy douchebag about it.
You're allowed to be something of a pissy douchebag when your girlfriend cheats on you. Especially if it's with somebody you know. You just don't, y'know, make a big deal about it in public if you're famous.