Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

He was so bad that 2/3rds of the way into his short career they made his actual terribleness his entire character, especially when he became the GM, so he added nonsense decisions to his repertoire, like the ending of Unforgiven 2008 where Chris Jericho somehow became champion after being destroyed by Shawn Michaels earlier in the evening in a street fight.

Then they fired him.

He quit. :eng101: Dude couldn't be on screen most of the time like they wanted him because he had the occasional seizure. That's why he left during the that one episode of ECW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt In The Wound
Oct 25, 2005

Hand Jobber Extraordinare
I liked Mike Adamle, and it would've been great if he had 100% been written to be bumbling and semi-incompetent. It was more humorous to me than than most of their comedy segments.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

ChampRamp posted:

The Taz

Summerfest

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

jscolon2.0 posted:

Summerfest

That wasn't Adamle.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Wojtek posted:

Jeff Harvey.

Kofi, Jamaican me crazy!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

uno, dos, adios

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

savinhill posted:

One of my favorites is when the crowd would chant "You Suck" to Angle's theme song. That one time when he left the ring and went back up the entrance ramp for multiple do-overs of his entrance is a classic.

THis is pretty much a low content post, but I watched this and it's pretty funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_2sZIvrb0Y

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I'd loved Mike Adamle's attempt to get John Cena and Mickie James to party with him and Nitro in Tijuana.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
Has anyone else seen that "Stand up for WWE" thing they have going on? Thoughts?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Check out the thread about Linda's run for the senate, there's like 5+ pages of discussion.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Shitty_Wok posted:

Has anyone else seen that "Stand up for WWE" thing they have going on? Thoughts?

Its dumb.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

The Berzerker posted:

Check out the thread about Linda's run for the senate, there's like 5+ pages of discussion.

Missed that thread, thank you.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Cage Kicker posted:

THis is pretty much a low content post, but I watched this and it's pretty funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_2sZIvrb0Y
The contest of that post isn't low, it's highly entertaining!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Wiley360 posted:

Just how bad was Mike Adamle or whatever?
He wasn't stupid, he had undiagnosed concussions.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Golden Bee posted:

He wasn't stupid, he had undiagnosed concussions.
I read about him after reading your post. I didn't know epilepsy could be caused by concussions, that's how he got it. I've had a lot of concussions over the years and I know my memory's been affected for the worse.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Adamle definitely wasn't acting or faking it when he was mic'ed up. He does the sports on NBC in Chicago and he makes a lot of the same mistakes when he's reading from a teleprompter.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I felt bad for him. It seemed like he tried hard enough, it was just another retarded hiring by WWE. They'll never get over the fact they're not "mainstream."

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

savinhill posted:

I read about him after reading your post. I didn't know epilepsy could be caused by concussions, that's how he got it. I've had a lot of concussions over the years and I know my memory's been affected for the worse.

Me too.

:smith: :respek: :smith:

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

Lone Rogue posted:

Me too.

:smith: :respek: :smith:

Turns out that Trampoline wrestling wasn't that safe afterall huh

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

El Axo Grande posted:

It's how I got pregnant.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

When did Scott Steiner go from this:

To this:

And what was the kayfabe reason for it (if there was one)?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
The kayfabe reason was the breakup of the Steiners in WCW.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

El Axo Grande posted:

Never hurt myself in trampoline wrestling. Hurt myself at Wal-Mart.

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

Lone Rogue posted:

Never hurt myself in trampoline wrestling. Hurt myself at Wal-Mart.

If you cannot see the inherent correlation between trampoline wrestling and working at Wal-Mart then I am unsure what to say.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

falsedontentry posted:

the greatest instance of the WHAT's?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmfputDqM7c&feature=related

Nope. This is much better, and it's much shorter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hiqlu7oAVxE

Undertaker is the best at everything

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

When was the last time the Hardy Boyz or Edge and Christian tag together? would current fans care?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Manwithastick posted:

When was the last time the Hardy Boyz or Edge and Christian tag together? would current fans care?

Weren't the Hardy's together for a bit a couple of years back? Don't know if people cared, I didn't.

Edge and Christian I don't think have been together for a long time, I'm not sure they even teamed again after the split up toward the beginning of the decade. And I think people could be made to care since they are both credible singles competitors, because of how long it's been, and because they are I think still associated with a golden age of tag teams.

WWE doesn't give a poo poo about tag teams though.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

BizarroAzrael posted:

Weren't the Hardy's together for a bit a couple of years back? Don't know if people cared, I didn't.

People cared, especially since it meant a program with MNM.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

BizarroAzrael posted:

Edge and Christian I don't think have been together for a long time, I'm not sure they even teamed again after the split up toward the beginning of the decade.

They had one tag match together after Survivor Series '04. Maven was acting general manager for the night (he won the right in a match at the PPV), and booked them together because he was a huge fan and wanted to see them together one more time.

He also gave himself a World Title match, because if you're an active wrestler given authority and you're NOT using it to give yourself a World Title match, then you're doing it wrong.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

The Hardys reunion was big stuff for about 2 months. They were wrestling on both shows every week and were crowbarred into whatever tag feuds were going on (Londrick vs MNM I think?).

Edge and Christian have occasionally tagged as heels but only as two singles wrestlers.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

A E&C reunion isn't out of the question, considering they're both faces and they're both on the same show now. Of course, that'd require them to do something interesting with tag wrestling.

Though I could see rejoining them so they could have a TLC tag match at, well, TLC.

Faxman
Feb 27, 2009

The Goog posted:

They had one tag match together after Survivor Series '04. Maven was acting general manager for the night (he won the right in a match at the PPV), and booked them together because he was a huge fan and wanted to see them together one more time.

He also gave himself a World Title match, because if you're an active wrestler given authority and you're NOT using it to give yourself a World Title match, then you're doing it wrong.

I knew there was a reason I liked Maven.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Faxman posted:

I knew there was a reason I liked Maven.

His theme music was shockingly awesome too.

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn
Maven's head terrified me. He was just too loving bald. He looked like one of those future humans from a sci-fi movie.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

El Axo Grande posted:

Maven's head terrified me. He was just too loving bald. He looked like one of those future humans from a sci-fi movie.

Have you seen the newest FCW guy?

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

Rusty Shackelford posted:

No see, you can still see the shadow of that dude's hair.

Maven didn't shave his head, he literally willed his hair to simply not grow.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

El Axo Grande posted:

No see, you can still see the shadow of that dude's hair.

Maven didn't shave his head, he literally willed his hair to simply not grow.

Kenny Li's head looks a lot weirder.

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

Kenny Li's head looks a lot weirder.

Hair was airbrushed into that photo. At no time did that dude have anything resembling a whisker.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

He looks like the Brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Maven's baldness didn't freak me out half as much as his enormous eyebrows.