Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Fillerbunny posted:

Post-fire Bill Murray kind of reminded me of Cartilage Head. Do you think that's what Lynch's movie is really about? If it's not, shouldn't it be?

If David Lynch saw Cartilage Head, he would say "Well poo poo. This is what I've been trying to do all along."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Nothing
Apr 26, 2005

Ray was on a stool when he glocked the cow.

Sigma-X posted:

Someone commented today on the fact that my msn profile at work says "you can do anything you want in life."

I promptly linked them the relevant strip:
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10242007

That's kind of a weird strip to send someone at work.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

King Nothing posted:

Man, you should see where Sigma-X works.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

King Nothing posted:

I sent it to a friend over IM while I'm at work, its not like I'm posting it to our newsgroups.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Remember when Ray once ran for public office in this strip?

Sometimes reality mirrors art:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4o-TeMHys0

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Sigma-X posted:

I sent it to a friend over IM while I'm at work, its not like I'm posting it to our newsgroups.
But the question is: can you get me a copy of Hot Tub Brawls vol. 6 with your employee discount?

As to the strip..."Sloplung". I don't understand how he catches lightning in a bottle in almost every strip. Brooke McEldowney likes to write dialog with giant words, Onstad just writes dialog with...les mots justes.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I think what makes it worse is the donate link at the top of the page.

There's also been a lot of people reporting they bought stuff off the store in the last few months and never got anything. That in itself is troubling.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
I don't think it's been pointed out yet, but "back in a Jefferson".

Oh, Ray.

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

say no to bats posted:

There's also been a lot of people reporting they bought stuff off the store in the last few months and never got anything. That in itself is troubling.
I ordered a poster set on August 24 that hasn't shipped yet. On September 10 I sent the shop an e-mail and got this response:

quote:

Hello Brendan,

Thanks so much for your order! Chris has been busy with some new projects, and we're experiencing some processing and shipping delays as a result. We do hope to ship your order out soon -- when we do, you'll receive a shipping confirmation email with tracking information. Of course let us know if you'd like to make any changes to your order. Thanks for your order; we're very sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks,

Rory
Achewood Customer Service
I thought that Onstad hired a dedicated staff so that his other projects wouldn't affect the store, but I don't know. At least we know that there's a reason for the delay and they're not losing anyone's orders.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Connellingus posted:

I thought that Onstad hired a dedicated staff so that his other projects wouldn't affect the store, but I don't know. At least we know that there's a reason for the delay and they're not losing anyone's orders.

For some reason I was under the impression that he hired one dude, which was a step up from the operation being him and his wife. Don't know where I heard that though, if I did at all.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
It used to be a dude also named Chris, which led to some fun confusions.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, I've e-mailed the store specific e-mail a few times about an apron I ordered in early July and still haven't received.

I'm not piss or anything, I just want the apron.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

I'm not piss

Lisa... Lisa Simpson? Is that you?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Ashenai posted:

Lisa... Lisa Simpson? Is that you?

Come in, Ashenai. She's not piss.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nice catch on that one.

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

Happy Hippo posted:

For some reason I was under the impression that he hired one dude, which was a step up from the operation being him and his wife. Don't know where I heard that though, if I did at all.

I wonder if they could sort things out by getting Topatoco to do it.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
drat, it's looking like October could be a single-update month.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
After giving it some thought, I kind of want to make an avatar out of the second-to-last panel in this strip. Is there a goon with Photoshop skills who'd be up for animating it for me with some speed lines, or maybe Teodor flying past the "camera"?

SebAndSeb
Apr 23, 2007

hello
Did you want to keep the text? Here's a couple anyway

bonus:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
It wouldn't be so bad if it was came out right with " Hey some shits going down, comics on hiatus for a while", but this thing with people not getting the stuff they ordered does not bode well.

Onstad, come back to us baby. We ain't angry. We just worried. You just get us so crazy sometimes.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
H's providing some fun things on twitter right now, though.

Sgs-Cruz
Apr 19, 2003

You just got BURNED!
Remember before the 4th-most-recent update (or something like that, I think it was early September or so; one of the Nice Pete / Teodor van ones) the text on the homepage said "I just had an awful experience that allowed me to properly write this comic" or something like that?

Wonder if that has to do with the delays.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Sgs-Cruz posted:

Remember before the 4th-most-recent update (or something like that, I think it was early September or so; one of the Nice Pete / Teodor van ones) the text on the homepage said "I just had an awful experience that allowed me to properly write this comic" or something like that?

He was probably just referring to having read this thread

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Sgs-Cruz posted:

Wonder if that has to do with the delays.

Clearly he was raped in a van.

Straight up 70's Van Rape.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

drat, it's looking like October could be a single-update month.

It's a zero-update month for those lucky enough to subscribe to the Fan Flow. Of course the banner ad for it says that is "growing daily".

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

GigaPeon posted:

It's a zero-update month for those lucky enough to subscribe to the Fan Flow. Of course the banner ad for it says that is "growing daily".

Well it was, 2 years ago.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Clearly he was raped in a van.

Straight up 70's Van Rape.

My dad left behind a box full of issues of "Van Magazine" from the late 70s, I doubt any of those mention Van Rape but there's probably at least a few suggested modifications to make your van a more welcoming place to score.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

My dad left behind a box full of issues of "Van Magazine" from the late 70s, I doubt any of those mention Van Rape but there's probably at least a few suggested modifications to make your van a more welcoming place to score.

Your dad did not want those magazines "at all." He peeled out after he dropped them off. You didn't even shake hands.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Blah, won't format to do the proper line chart.

Does Todd Have Money?

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

Awesome.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

McGravin posted:

Awesome.

I'm trying to imagine what'd happen if Nice Pete tried this with his own Van. It is unsettling.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

McGravin posted:

Awesome.

And to think, someone was killed in every one of those vans.

Chilling, just chilling.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

And to think, someone was killed in every one of those vans.

Chilling, just chilling.

Some dude clutching his innards as he bleeds out into the cheap bleach faded shag while a broken disco ball spins overhead generic music blasting tinnily from an eight track.

Outside, a van covered with STAR WARS rocks vaguely.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I think Van Death is a fear built into our genetic memory. Early cavemen were lured to their deaths in proto-vans made out brush, mud, and stones. Ever since, man has instinctively know not to approach a van lightly.

All joking aside, even when I was in elementary school, every kid knew when he a saw a van from the 70s, that somehow it was just plain wrong. The lizard part of our brain just shouted out "No! Van equals death, or a very hurt butthole."

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

In the UK white utility vans still seem incredibly chilling to most of us.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Deathlove posted:

Your dad did not want those magazines "at all." He peeled out after he dropped them off. You didn't even shake hands.

Hahahahaha, I remember seeing that but I can't seem to find where it is. Was that on the Chris blog or was that a Philippe's Friday Facts or...?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Hahahahaha, I remember seeing that but I can't seem to find where it is. Was that on the Chris blog or was that a Philippe's Friday Facts or...?

Both! http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10262007

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Ohhh, I kept searching for like "magazines", I'd forgotten the original was about albums. Thanks! :)

MelvinTheJerk
Jun 4, 2001

I'm still here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

MelvinTheJerk posted:

How topical! This is exactly why she lost to Jerry Brown.