Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

Tsaven,

I sent you an email, hopefully I read your address correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

Finally Tsaven gets a bike that will be at least decent on the track. (I've seen various grizzled veterans destroy people on Ninja 500s)

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Dschingis Khan posted:

Tsaven,

Put me 2nd in line if that somehow falls through. larrymer13 at gmail dot com.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
SV650 owners:

I'm selling my 225mm Delkevic carbon fiber slip-on exhaust. This thing will turn your SV into a beast roaring like its nuts' been cut off. Deep, bassy growling that comes freely upon blip of the throttle.

Flaws: has single vertical scratch on exterior side, and a small nick on the interior side where you can't see.

Has 1,500 miles on it so far.

See the picture of my SV, that's what it looks like.

$145 w/ shipping. PM me for up-close pictures.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Dschingis Khan posted:

Tsaven,

Sent you some emails, let me know!

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

DreamOn -- I didn't get any reply from you, or at least it didn't show up on my Blackberry yet. I'll check from my computer @ home later tonight.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Weird. I sent two emails, one with my phone number. Just emailed you from my PC.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

I'm putting my 2nd-gen KLR up for sale

E: It's sold! That was faster than I expected, especially for the end of the season. Probably helps that I cranked the price down a bunch relative to otherwise comparable ads. But then, I did tip it over a few times and munged a bolt or two, so.

Phy fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Oct 2, 2010

Huh. weird.
May 5, 2009
PRICE TOO HIGH SAYS ALL! $4,500 takes it!!!

My DRZ400SM with a 434 kit and other upgrades is going up for sale. 3,500 miles, bige bore kit installed at 1,900 miles. The bike is a riot but I just don't have the time to ride it properly. I've owned it for about 5 months and put a whole 400 miles on it. The previous owner was meticulous and kept all receipts for any work and parts installed. Bike is located in El Paso TX. Email yacob79 at gmail's email service. $5k on other sites, $100 off for goons so $4,900. Located in El Paso TX.

Previous owner slid it once, scratches on the axle sliders, some very light plastic scratches. Thumper talk case guards have scratches, but not the actual cases. Bike comes with stock parts like crazy, spare shift lever, etc etc.

434 kit, Yoshimura full system, FCR-MX pumper carb. Installed and tested by Sisneros Speed Works in Denver, CO. The bike currently produces 44HP with a max torque of 32, up from 36 and 27 respectively with just the Yosh RS2 pipe. I have the dyno charts with all documentation / manuals.

Thumpertalk case guards, Duke II mirrors, Zeta handguards, Zeta Pivot levers, Acerbis SM front fender, Flush mount brake light and rear turn signals, Seat rack / Pelican 1200 case, Hyde Racing skid plate, Shark-fin chain guard, Almost new Pirelli MT-60R tires, 16T front sprocket, Manual cam chain tensioner, Oil / filter just replaced (Silkolene Pro 4SX synthetic oil), 3 x 3 airbox mod, Clutch cable / side stand switches removed, Removed helmet lock, and rear foot-peg brackets to clean up the look. WHEW.

Huh. weird. fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Oct 19, 2010

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
Quick note, I'll post photos eventually, but I'm getting deployed overseas for a couple years and am selling my '97 Virago 750 that I did my massive trip on. It has ~62k miles, I'm in Chicago.

Bike has new fork seals and stator, starts and runs perfectly. I know this place isn't big on cruisers, and even as UJMs go it's not the best, but I'm REALLY not asking much for it. $750 or something like that, whatever you think is fair.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Oooh. I might be interested. But I can only afford 600-650 right now so let me know if you aren't able to get rid of it for your price and we could talk it over.

ChiTownEddie fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Sep 27, 2010

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Tsaven Nava posted:

Quick note, I'll post photos eventually, but I'm getting deployed overseas for a couple years and am selling my '97 Virago 750 that I did my massive trip on. It has ~62k miles, I'm in Chicago.

Bike has new fork seals and stator, starts and runs perfectly. I know this place isn't big on cruisers, and even as UJMs go it's not the best, but I'm REALLY not asking much for it. $750 or something like that, whatever you think is fair.

"I'm never ever going to sell that bike"

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
Shutup needknees. That was before I got the call to get deployed.

Chitowneddie, as long as you're going to ride it and use it, $650 would be fine with me.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I'm pretty desperate for something to ride while I work on my Nighthawk (which is slow going since I'm reliant on a friend to help/teach me). hehe. Definitely will be in the used and ridden category!

Do you have an email address that I can send some questions to?

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
tsaven hat gmail dawt com.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Looks like I am going to back out. I hope you're able to find someone to buy soon.

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

Kinda/sorta related. I'm wanting to trade my Neon R/T for a supermoto. Maybe there's a goon around Connecticut wanting to offload his DRZ or KTM or whatever?

http://hartford.craigslist.org/mcy/1978481537.html

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

Guh. Tsaven. Why can't you be selling that bike for that price like... 4 months from today?

I'm gonna wind up with a cruiser sometime early next year because the wife didn't wanna ride on the Ninja anyhow.

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.
Sold

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fantastipotamus fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Oct 13, 2010

limegrnxj
Apr 24, 2004
Selling my 04 Suzuki GS500F. Both tires are brand new and it runs great. Gas tank and exhaust are dented from where someone (not me) dropped it somewhere along the line. It's got less than 7k miles. Comes with a tailbag and my ugly helmet if you want it and your head fits in an xsmall helmet. Wouldn't be selling it, except I broke my leg and need the money. Asking $2000 and I'm in Utah.

ohwandernearer
Jul 15, 2009
This may apply to no one in this forum but I have a brand new uni air filter for a polaris ATV that is free to anyone who wants it.

Gone

ohwandernearer fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 6, 2010

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Parting out a 2001 ZX9R, 2338 miles on it.
Parts available:

Engine 600$
Yoshimura Slipon/Stock headers 100$
Gauges 100$
R/R 30$
Wiring harness 50$
CDI 50$
Passenger pegs 10$
Shift lever/peg/rod 15$
Kickstand 15$
Front fairing stay 75$
Front wheel assembly 100$ (rotors, wheel, axle)
Rear wheel assembly 100$ (rotor, sprocket, axle)
Triples (drilled with risers for a dirtbike bar) 30$
Front brake calipers 40$
Petcock 20$
Fuel Cap/Ignition/Seat locks with key 75$
Throttle/throttle cable 15$
Clutch perch/cable 15$
Right side hand controls 20$
Carbs 40$
Rear shock 50$
Radiator w/ fan 100$

All prices are OBO, and do not include shipping.

Thanks!

Kallikrates
Jul 7, 2002
Pro Lurker
sold it

Kallikrates fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Oct 30, 2010

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
edit: sold

Synonamess Botch fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 1, 2011

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!

Z3n posted:

Engine 600$

I loving hate you z3n!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Primo Itch posted:

I loving hate you z3n!

Yeah i know. Buy it and ship it down! :v:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Got an 03 VZ800 Marauder for sale in Hampton Roads, VA. 6100 miles, never been dropped, used for a couple of years as a nice-day commuter alternative to my car. Here's the Craigslist: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/2010565478.html

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Brembo 19x18, MC is in great condition, lever has been snapped and rewelded. Comes with reservoir, and I might have another lever or 2 floating around that'll go with it. 175$ + shipping.

Dynojet pull type quickshifter, would prefer to trade for a push type. 150$ + shipping.

Factory Pro GSX-R600 Velocity Stacks, 06-09, in excellent shape: 175$ + shipping.

PM or email to conand at gmail dot com.

Thanks!

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Z3n posted:

Dynojet pull type quickshifter, would prefer to trade for a push type. 150$ + shipping.

Just the sensor?

Scratch that, my bike uses a push type.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Z3n posted:

Brembo 19x18, MC is in great condition, lever has been snapped and rewelded. Comes with reservoir, and I might have another lever or 2 floating around that'll go with it. 175$ + shipping.

Factory Pro GSX-R600 Velocity Stacks, 06-09, in excellent shape: 175$ + shipping.

PM or email to conand at gmail dot com.

Thanks!

I'd go look at it and lowball him.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Zool posted:

I'd go look at it and lowball him.

I'll lowball your face :(

Actually I think everything is sold...waiting on payment.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
Figure I should toss some pictures up for this.

It's my 1997 Yamaha Virago 750 that I took to on my 27,000 mile trip in the summer of '09. I'm asking $750 from a goon. I'm in Chicago.

Bike currently has 62,000 miles, and new fork seals, stator, and battery. Oil was changed religiously, final drive oil was changed about a year ago.

Farkles:
-Touring seat (have a stock seat as well)
-Saddlebag supports
-Matching leather saddlebags (not pictured)
-throttle lock
-Crash bars
-"custom" highway pegs (I made some brackets to move them way far forward to accommodate my legs, someone who doesn't have a 34" inseam might want to move them back a bit)
-"custom" getto luggage rack (The result of me, a welding torch, some bar stock and an evening melting metal)
-I THINK the PO removed the baffles in the mufflers, because this thing is way louder then my Wee-Strom. It's also possible that the pipes are completely aftermarket, because they don't look like the pipes on all the other pictures of Viragos that I can find.

Tires are a Dunlop Elite 3 on the rear, and a Meteelsezelelrzzecler Tourance on the front, both were put on in early July of '09, and have a little over half the usable tread left. They are square, rock-hard touring tires and should have at least 5-8k in them.

Issues:
-Turn signal switch is jammed over to one side so it will only activate turning left.
-Paint on gas tank is marred from where the handle on my tank bag rubbed.

There's not much I can say about this bike that most people here don't know. It is what it is, a big heavy cruiser. It's not a bad starter bike, as long as you respect the weight. The seat height is low and confidence-inspiring, which is good for new riders or the vertically-challenged.

The bike was unflappably, boringly reliable for me. I took it into places it was never designed to go, subjected it to things it was never built to take, and it never missed a beat. I have no reason to think it couldn't go for another 62,000 miles.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
That's a really tempting loving price. I wouldn't be able to make it to Chicago until Thanksgiving weekend probably (need a long weekend to make it back, you see...) though.

And oh god what would I do with three bikes, I barely ride the two I have...

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
I want that bike but theres no way I can get to Chicago and back here to Mississipi.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
Fly-n-ride :)

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
No time for that! Plus i just trashed my shoulder :( if you've still got it later on it may be an option. Alternatively, hook a trailer to your wee and bring it to me in a few weeks!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Thought I'd post this here before I tried to get rid of it on Craiglist...etc.

I've got an 80 Suzuki GS850, shaft drive about 25k miles (I think...I'll update when I get to check for sure).

I'd love to keep it but I'll most likely be out of the area (California) for the next two springs/summers so it will just sit being unused.

I got it running after sitting for about 3 years this Summer. Cleaned carbs, found out that the airbox was busted, installed jet kit and pod filters, SS brake lines up front and new brake pads also (I have new rear brake pad too, just not installed), 'new' calipers (work great) and a full set of extra carbs with 1 stuck screw. (Taken off the rack). It also has cafe bars on it, but if they aren't your thing I've got another set of more normal bars that will go with it.

Also new battery this year, and you can have the old battery for core trade-ins.

The bike runs great if you ride it enough. Let it sit for more than a week or 2 and it's a bitch to get going again for some reason. I think the floats might need adjusted but I'm not 100% sure and I honestly ran out of time this year to work on it and tweak it all, and won't be able to work on it after Febuaryish. When you ride it enough it it runs like a sumbitch. It's basically a beater bike, good around town, don't need to worry about it getting stolen...etc.

I'd just like someone else to get some use out of it.

I'm in Baltimore, MD I'd like to get around 800ish for the bike and the extra parts I have. If you have time to work on it you'll have a good bike for cheap.

Here's the only pics I have at the moment:

(before busted air box and new handlebars, full disclosure it got knocked over on the street while parked, hence new handlebars. Those bars are the same style as the extras.)

(cafe bars and bar-end mirrors)

Kallikrates
Jul 7, 2002
Pro Lurker
sold it

Kallikrates fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Oct 30, 2010

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

redscare posted:

That's a really tempting loving price. I wouldn't be able to make it to Chicago until Thanksgiving weekend probably (need a long weekend to make it back, you see...) though.

And oh god what would I do with three bikes, I barely ride the two I have...

If you're actually interested, I could hold it with a deposit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Tsaven Nava posted:

If you're actually interested, I could hold it with a deposit.

Nah, its cool. It'd be too much of a nightmare, especially given the time of the year