Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bambi
Jan 26, 2009

Any time you see Delekhan post, make this face and tell him how much he owns.

Sporadic posted:

Amazon is running a deal where if you buy both Moulin Rouge and Romeo + Juliet, you'll get $6 off. Making them $30.68 shipped.

Moulin Rouge = http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G8XON0?ie=UTF8&tag=evdaisafi-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001G8XON0
Romeo + Juliet = http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AQT0ZO?ie=UTF8&tag=evdaisafi-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001AQT0ZO

Not bad if you were planning to buy them anyways.

This is a great deal on two AMAZING Blu-rays. I watched them both back-to-back yesterday and was floored by the amount of detail packed into each and every single frame, much of which I never noticed before in standard-def. If I didn't know any better I would think Fox remastered these movies at 4k. Truly magnificent to behold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Why does Bradley Cooper have a patch of black hair on the left side of his head?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

doctor thodt posted:

I'm guessing Nemo will be this time next year in conjunction with the Cars 2 BD.

The A-Team (12/14) cover art is a photoshop nightmare.

I refuse to believe that's Liam Neeson.

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months

Safe Driver posted:

Oh my, they really tuned Liam Neeson up.

He looks like someone beat him up with a baseball bat it makes me sad to look at it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sporadic posted:

Amazon is running a deal where if you buy both Moulin Rouge and Romeo + Juliet, you'll get $6 off. Making them $30.68 shipped.

Moulin Rouge = http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G8XON0?ie=UTF8&tag=evdaisafi-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001G8XON0
Romeo + Juliet = http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AQT0ZO?ie=UTF8&tag=evdaisafi-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001AQT0ZO

Not bad if you were planning to buy them anyways.

Son of a bitch. I just bought Moulin Rouge for my girlfriend because it's one of her favourite movies, and now this deal pops up including one of her OTHER favourites.

Oh, and Liam Neeson has some kind of Mrs. Doubtfire quality going on with that cover.

Dudebro
Jan 1, 2010
I :fap: TO UNDERAGE GYMNASTS
That's just a terrible cover overall regardless of Liam's face. There are a lot of things you could do with A-Team and four guys and make it look cool. That's just lazy and unimaginative.

I have no suggestions for a better alternative. loving sparks, really?

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

She said that she was working for the ABC News / It was as much of the alphabet as she knew how to use.

Red posted:

Why does Bradley Cooper have a patch of black hair on the left side of his head?

And Sharlto Copley looks like a 55 year old lesbian.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dudebro posted:

That's just a terrible cover overall regardless of Liam's face. There are a lot of things you could do with A-Team and four guys and make it look cool. That's just lazy and unimaginative.

I have no suggestions for a better alternative. loving sparks, really?

The DVD cover literally has them hovering above the ground. They just took the movie poster and photoshopped everyone up the image so they're detached from their shadows just floating in the air.

Dudebro
Jan 1, 2010
I :fap: TO UNDERAGE GYMNASTS

sportsgenius86 posted:

The DVD cover literally has them hovering above the ground. They just took the movie poster and photoshopped everyone up the image so they're detached from their shadows just floating in the air.

drat, I just saw it on Amazon. They could have paid someone in SA-Mart $50 for better work. I guess this movie was so disappointing in the box office that they're trying to recoup costs everywhere.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Desperado/El Mariachi double feature 1/11
Ishtar 1/11 (fuckin lol)
Rob Roy 1/11
Ray 2/1

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

doctor thodt posted:

Rob Roy 1/11
Good, I'm pretty sure the only DVD available was released in 1998. Wasn't a great transfer, no menu, no special features, etc...

MMF DOOM
Sep 3, 2007

i  am
the  god  of
hellfire

Liam Neeson on the A Team cover reminds me of Guile's defeat face in Street Fighter II.

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

In this long line, there's been some real strange genes. You've got 'em all, with some extras thrown in.
Ahahaha, yes! That's all I'll be able to see, now.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just got done with Winter's Bone and it's probably one of my top ten BD's of the year so far. Phenomenal movie and surprisingly good a/v presentation given the single layer disc. I haven't checked out the commentary yet, but there's a very engaging 45 minute making-of featurette (in HD) and a few deleted scenes as well.

Do yourself a favor and pick up one of the year's best movies when it comes out on BD next tuesday. There could be a few sleeper Oscar nods here.

e: I also watched Please Give yesterday and it had trailers for Animal Kingdom and Get Low, so hopefully we'll be seeing both of those on BD sooner rather than later.

doctor thodt fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 22, 2010

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Psycho arrived today from Amazon. It looks OK, but it has the weird noise reduction + sharpening look that's on a lot of Universal releases, yet constant minor dirt and scratches. Still an upgrade from previous editions, plus the remastered mono track is fantastic. I just wish they took a more kid gloves approach like Sony and Criterion for B&W films.

Bambi
Jan 26, 2009

Any time you see Delekhan post, make this face and tell him how much he owns.
Arrow has confirmed that all 3 discs in the Battle Royale limited edition will be region-free Blu-Rays and all content will be playable on US players. I have a feeling a lot of people are going to miss out on this due to the extremely low print. They might even all be claimed already, and everyone pre-ordering now is going to be SOL :ohdear:

Bambi fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 22, 2010

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Bambi posted:

Arrow has confirmed that all 3 discs in the Battle Royale limited edition will be region-free Blu-Rays and all content will be playable on US players. I have a feeling a lot of people are going to miss out on this due to the extremely print. They might even all be claimed already, and everyone pre-ordering now is going to be SOL :ohdear:

WOOOO! SO glad that I made the gutsy move of pre-ordering early.

Shalkore
Oct 11, 2007

Welcome to 2012!

OGB posted:

WOOOO! SO glad that I made the gutsy move of pre-ordering early.

Same here. I'm really looking forward to seeing Battle Royale in HD :D

FirstCongoWar
Aug 21, 2002

It feels so 80's or early 90's to be political.
I placed an amazon order as soon as they confirmed it was region free, but I won't be too sad if I don't get a copy.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bambi posted:

I have a feeling a lot of people are going to miss out on this due to the extremely low print. They might even all be claimed already, and everyone pre-ordering now is going to be SOL :ohdear:

If this happens you can blame all the assholes on various HD forums ordering tens of copies each.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

doctor thodt posted:

If this happens you can blame all the assholes on various HD forums ordering tens of copies each.

I blame those dudes for most things anyway. Honestly, I cannot stand to read posts about exclusive steelbooks, slipcovers, etc. Drives me insane.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
Amazon.co.uk are doing a two for £12 Blu-Ray special: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_13031_22127401_pe_09/?docId=1000436553&ie=UTF8

Usual fare for the most part, but there are some gems: I grabbed Son Of Rambow and Good Night And Good Luck.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

doctor thodt posted:

e: I also watched Please Give yesterday and it had trailers for Animal Kingdom and Get Low, so hopefully we'll be seeing both of those on BD sooner rather than later.

Animal Kingdom is pretty good.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Since I got my new, non-region free Blu-Ray player, a few of my discs have become useless for me (since they are region locked B)

If anybody wants The Crow and 9 Songs, I'll sell them to you for $20 shipped. Keep in mind that you need a region free player to play those discs.

----------

NewEgg is running a sale.

Shutter Island = $13.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...97360722246-L0B
Resident Evil 1-3 = $24.95 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...3396236141-L01B

The other two 2-packs for $12.95 already sold out.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 22, 2010

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

Animal Kingdom is pretty good.

One of my top five of the year so far :hfive:

Arrow has just doubled the number of limited edition copies of Battle Royale (to 10,000) to meet the crazy demand they are experiencing.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

^^^ nice

doctor thodt posted:

I just pre-ordered one so hopefully it's not all sold out yet :D

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

FYI, the Avatar 3-disc is down to $29.99 at Amazon.

Anyone wants The Passion of the Christ for $5 shipped? I got a 2-pack with The Robe for $10 (cheaper than either film alone), but I already had a copy.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Bambi posted:

Arrow has confirmed that all 3 discs in the Battle Royale limited edition will be region-free Blu-Rays and all content will be playable on US players. I have a feeling a lot of people are going to miss out on this due to the extremely low print. They might even all be claimed already, and everyone pre-ordering now is going to be SOL :ohdear:

They said its only going to be 5000 copies of the 'limited edition' and after that they are printing x number of the 'special edition' which will be almost the same as the LE but with some of the extra bits missing. So you wont be SOL, you'll just get the films with not as many cool extras as the LE people.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Sporadic posted:

If anybody wants The Crow, 9 Songs and Close Encounters Of The Third Kind

9 Songs is gonna be so goddamn hot in HD

CaptainN
Jul 28, 2004

doctor thodt posted:

One of my top five of the year so far :hfive:

Arrow has just doubled the number of limited edition copies of Battle Royale (to 10,000) to meet the crazy demand they are experiencing.

Kinda defeats the whole "limited" aspect of it.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Sporadic posted:

Since I got my new, non-region free Blu-Ray player, a few of my discs have become useless for me (since they are region locked B)

If anybody wants The Crow, 9 Songs and Close Encounters Of The Third Kind, I'll sell you all of them for $30 shipped. They would be $42.49 shipped from Amazon UK and 9 Songs/Close Encounters from Amazon US is $34.48 shipped.

Keep in mind that you need a region free player to play those discs.

Close Encounters Of The Third Kind is region free if that helps you (my copy of the film is from the UK)

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CaptainN posted:

Kinda defeats the whole "limited" aspect of it.

They'll still most likely all be claimed by the time the release date rolls around.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Island Nation posted:

Close Encounters Of The Third Kind is region free if that helps you (my copy of the film is from the UK)

I could have sworn it was region B but you are right, it plays just fine in my region A player.

Guess I should amend that to The Crow/9 Songs for $20 shipped.

Thanks for the heads up.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 22, 2010

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
The Arrow films site says they immediately charge the pre-order for Battle Royale LE, do they give you a full refund if they charge and dont have stock later on, or you cant order at all?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Honest Thief posted:

The Arrow films site says they immediately charge the pre-order for Battle Royale LE, do they give you a full refund if they charge and dont have stock later on, or you cant order at all?

Just order it from Amazon.co.uk: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battle-Royale-Special-Tatsuya-Fujiwara/dp/B003ZIZ2HK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1287778402&sr=8-2 Its also cheaper there, by almost 50%.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Sirotan posted:

Just order it from Amazon.co.uk: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battle-Royale-Special-Tatsuya-Fujiwara/dp/B003ZIZ2HK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1287778402&sr=8-2 Its also cheaper there, by almost 50%.

I believe that's the Special Edition, which doesnt come with all the little extras like the comic book and what not.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Honest Thief posted:

I believe that's the Special Edition, which doesnt come with all the little extras like the comic book and what not.

Nah they confirmed on their forums that it is the LE. The special edition is apparently not coming until February.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sirotan posted:

Nah they confirmed on their forums that it is the LE. The special edition is apparently not coming until February.

Correct. The one on Amazon UK is the 3-disc numbered limited edition. Pre-order now before they raise the price.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Oh sweet, gonna preorder it through play.com then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Alien

• Locked thread