Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Cheesus posted:

Unsubstatiated rumor of the day:
http://iesb.net/index.php?option=co...:news&Itemid=71

Well, I now understand exactly how Obi-Wan felt just after the destruction of Obi-Wan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suenteus Po
Sep 15, 2007
SOH-Dan

Milky Moor posted:

Well, I now understand exactly how Obi-Wan felt just after the destruction of Obi-Wan.

Dead?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Suenteus Po posted:

Dead?

:negative:

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Crystal Star was the 4th Star Wars EU book I ever read. The first 3 was the Jedi Academy trilogy

Yeah

So what you're saying is that there isn't a fifth EU book that you ever read.

Azzmo
Jul 2, 2007
STUPID MINORITIES ALWAYS MAKING ME FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE TO BE A WHITE MALE

Ghost Town Perv posted:

So what you're saying is that there isn't a fifth EU book that you ever read.

He's explaining why he was in a coma for 10 years.

Not A Bear
Nov 4, 2009

Milky Moor posted:

I felt a great disturbance in the Internet, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

SeanBeansShako posted:

The Jedi Prince is finally coming to the big screen baby, start throwing out those nerd chosen cast choices.

Lucas would make a lovely Zorba.

That kid from 2 and a half Men would be Ken, Jedi Prince to the Galaxy!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Tom Cruise for Trioculus 2012!

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~

So much action!

Gustavus
May 27, 2008

Lock up your sons and daughters.

The REAL Gtab Fan posted:

So much action!

I'm sure Lucas would say that it's touching, because deep down they're still friends and don't want to hurt each other. I'm sure Lucas would be full of crap.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Gustavus posted:

I'm sure Lucas would say that it's touching, because deep down they're still friends and don't want to hurt each other. I'm sure Lucas would be full of crap.

The rational is that they are both probing for an opening to attack.

Maybe

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Even in rapier fencing they don't have a move as stupid as that.

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!
Perhaps if you just whirl it around your body constantly they'll never be able to stab you due to the whirling.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Makes you wish Han Solo would just shrug offscreen and then shoot them both.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

So much action!

:catdrugs::siren::420: Jedi Ravin' :420::siren::catdrugs:

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The rational is that they are both probing for an opening to attack.

Maybe

When Anakin's lightsaber is behind his back, Obi-Wan's is swinging between them, and vice versa. But at least it looks kinda cool, what with all the flashy lights and junk.

NeonTurtle
Sep 24, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT SUPPORTING GENOCIDE
I want a light-fan too. All I can find in the stores are the stupid lightsabers.

Edit: Sorry, I meant like a paper fan. In that gif it looks like OB-1 and Anakin are swinging around light-paper fans.

NeonTurtle fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Oct 25, 2010

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

NeonTurtle posted:

I want a light-fan too. All I can find in the stores are the stupid lightsabers.

Wasn't this what General Grievous was?

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

NeonTurtle posted:

I think what you're looking for is one of these: STAR WARS CLONE WARS GENERAL GRIEVOUS SPINNING LIGHTSABER

Toys. You makes the Star Wars galaxy go round...

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Son of a bitch.

New Star Wars trilogy? On the one hand, I doubt it. On the other hand, I shouldn't put any bad decision beyond Lucas.

Keep in mind, Harrison Ford has said he has zero interest in ever reprising Han Solo, so we're not likely to have him in the movies. But that's not even the worst part.

The worst part is that, if they happen, I will see them in the theater. I don't even have to know what they're about. I know there's no chance I won't see them. And that makes me sad.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

thrawn527 posted:

The worst part is that, if they happen, I will see them in the theater. I don't even have to know what they're about. I know there's no chance I won't see them. And that makes me sad.

Once upon a time I saw a film called Mr. & Mrs. Smith in the theater. It was an entertaining and well-executed summer action flick, but what sticks out the most what what I overheard a couple say as they were walking out of the theater. "They should make a sequel - Mr. & Mrs. Smith and Baby. The baby could be a spy too!"

That couple is what's wrong with the film industry. I don't want to be that couple. I'm done with subsidizing terrible sequels.

Azzmo
Jul 2, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Son of a bitch.

New Star Wars trilogy? On the one hand, I doubt it. On the other hand, I shouldn't put any bad decision beyond Lucas.

Keep in mind, Harrison Ford has said he has zero interest in ever reprising Han Solo, so we're not likely to have him in the movies. But that's not even the worst part.

You broken, pathetic bastard.

(if the previews are good I'll see them in the theaters also :( l)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I love Avatar, but if through it Lucas is inspired to do more Star Wars stuff I may have to go murder James Cameron.

Seriously, Lucas better not loving touch my post ROTJ EU, I'm way to invested in it.

That is the funniest thing I've read in days.

What would you say to a Cameron produced SW trilogy?

BullProofMonk
Dec 8, 2004

PURPLE RAIN!!!!!!!
We had a son on October 6th. We named him Anakin Tiberius.

This was not the first Anakin Tiberius born there this month.

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Feasting on the flesh of a recently killed zombie probably wasn't the smartest of moves

So much action!

Just a throwback to the OT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjCyZ2P9bCA

Smooth move at 37 seconds in. Obi-Wan twirls around slowly and Darth Vader decides to just not strike him in the back for some reason.

Captain von Trapp posted:

George Lucas is 66 years old. He's not actually obese as far as I can tell, but he doesn't look like he's exactly in peak physical condition. I'm not sure he has another trilogy of healthy life expectancy left.

Click here for the full 540x720 image.

Preserve me that I may taint future projects.

AcridWhistle fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Oct 26, 2010

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BullProofMonk posted:

Welp, when he grows up and kills a bunch of kids before being crushed by a bridge, you have nobody but yourself to blame.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

BullProofMonk posted:

I have a bad feeling about this.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

euphronius posted:

That is the funniest thing I've read in days.

What would you say to a Cameron produced SW trilogy?

Which part do you find funny?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Which part do you find funny?

Funny because it was so :goonsay:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

euphronius posted:

Funny because it was so :goonsay:

Let me tell you, I have wasted a lot of time reading a lot of crap to get where I am today. If all those awful EU books were declared non canon...oh god no. :cry:

Azzmo
Jul 2, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Let me tell you, I have wasted a lot of time reading a lot of crap to get where I am today. If all those awful EU books were declared non canon...oh god no. :cry:

You're like the WoW guy whose thousands-of-hours-of-raiding gear becomes completely obsolete when they raise the level caps.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How about "alternate universe"?

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

How about "alternate universe"?

Has Star Wars really wrecked itself as much as Star Trek did over the last decade to justify a new universe? I'm just curious what people think.

I honestly think that Star Wars is very salvageable in its current form and you can do a lot with it. There's 20 years worth of material to build on and there's still room in the gaps for more stories, let alone the large untouched sections of timeline.

I also think Lucas won't blow the money that comes from Mara Jade merch and $50 Tie Defender Lego sets.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Why the gently caress is everyone so gung-ho about a reboot? EU shows that other people are just as able and inclined to gently caress up Star Wars as Lucas himself. And I'd take a million AOTC over a single TFU.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Shut the gently caress about a reboot, I've just learnt all of this mad crap dammit. With a reboot chances are that DARK EDGY Star Wars will take root.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

WhyteRyce posted:

Why the gently caress is everyone so gung-ho about a reboot? EU shows that other people are just as able and inclined to gently caress up Star Wars as Lucas himself. And I'd take a million AOTC over a single TFU.

Fancy you mentioned it since any reboot/new trilogy would be TFU in film form. No doubt in my mind.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

"What if Luke had dark hair and a scar on his face?"
"What if Tatooine was more like...Pandora?!"

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Are there any official books or comics or anything with force using people loving? Like, a saucy sex scene? I would prefer if they used the force somehow in the loving but it's not required. I'm not trying to be all "shocking and edgy" with this question, It just came up talking to a friend today, and although we havn't read that much outside material we couldn't think of anything. Like, A. Skywalker doesn't really count because it's only AND NOW I'M PREGNANT, and there's no romantic scene implying conception.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Are there any official books or comics or anything with force using people loving? Like, a saucy sex scene? I would prefer if they used the force somehow in the loving but it's not required. I'm not trying to be all "shocking and edgy" with this question, It just came up talking to a friend today, and although we havn't read that much outside material we couldn't think of anything. Like, A. Skywalker doesn't really count because it's only AND NOW I'M PREGNANT, and there's no romantic scene implying conception.

Other than romantic portions of books and people talking about sex, I don't remember anything. Even in the talking about sex department, I just remember Xizor in Shadows of the Empire being all creepy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't read much EU, but I remember something in specific because it was so stupid. Wookiepedia says it was The Crystal Star that introduced a race that is super-beautiful and super-fragile so that it will die if they have sex with a human, but apparently some seek it out anyway.