Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

BittyWings posted:

horrid pitch shifting artifacts
Yeah, but I'm going to get those anyway :(.

quote:

Here's a handy key mixing diagram
Yeah, I'm familiar with that :v:. I'll post the list as soon as I have everything lined up and ready to assemble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!

BittyWings posted:

Popcorn: are you using the supplied Alpha Asio drivers? They are the only ones that seem to work properly with it: even the mighty Asio4all doesn't seem to like the Alpha. Since using the latest Lexicon drivers, I have had no problems at all, even with NI stuff like Absynth and Guitar Rig, which never tend to play nice with Live.

I have the latest Alpha drivers installed, yeah... but is it possible Live isn't using them? Can I check that?

edit: so I didn't realise you could set different drivers, and now I'm using the right ones, it's working. Thanks!

Popcorn fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Oct 17, 2010

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Popcorn posted:

I have the latest Alpha drivers installed, yeah... but is it possible Live isn't using them? Can I check that?

edit: so I didn't realise you could set different drivers, and now I'm using the right ones, it's working. Thanks!

Awesome= it's all done in the preferences menu.

I r Pat
Nov 16, 2006

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Another question for you guys regarding sets and moving them.. all of the songs I have made are in separate project folders.. besides copying the pasting every track – such as bass, guitar, synth, drums etc (I have like 5-15 on each song) is there an easier way to blend songs together for a live performance? I'd assume my other option is to export each channel as a wav/mp3 and trigger it that way, but what I'm wanting to do is improvise with each individual part in a live setting.

oredun
Apr 12, 2007

I r Pat posted:

Another question for you guys regarding sets and moving them.. all of the songs I have made are in separate project folders.. besides copying the pasting every track – such as bass, guitar, synth, drums etc (I have like 5-15 on each song) is there an easier way to blend songs together for a live performance? I'd assume my other option is to export each channel as a wav/mp3 and trigger it that way, but what I'm wanting to do is improvise with each individual part in a live setting.

are you trying to blend different songs, or improvise within one song?

I r Pat
Nov 16, 2006

oredun posted:

are you trying to blend different songs, or improvise within one song?

Blend different songs. I have a bunch of different projects (which I call songs in themselves) and I want to take each one of those projects and put them into one project, to create a set of music.

oredun
Apr 12, 2007
if you go into the folder thing on the left of the screen(round little buttons 1, 2, and 3) and click on any of them then go and find your projects(songs) you can expand them and then pull each individual part into a new set.

for instance you can have one song open and then drag the drums from another song on it, and the drums are exactly the same as they were on the song you took them from.

the best(easiest on your computer and most stable for live) is to save everything as wav files, them make one giant set and cut and loop as needed.

if you want to run vsts and stuff you probably should have each song as its own set and then switch songs. you dont always have to do the DJ thing if the songs are original you can talk to the crowd and stuff just like a real band would.

I r Pat
Nov 16, 2006

oredun posted:

if you go into the folder thing on the left of the screen(round little buttons 1, 2, and 3) and click on any of them then go and find your projects(songs) you can expand them and then pull each individual part into a new set.

for instance you can have one song open and then drag the drums from another song on it, and the drums are exactly the same as they were on the song you took them from.

the best(easiest on your computer and most stable for live) is to save everything as wav files, them make one giant set and cut and loop as needed.

if you want to run vsts and stuff you probably should have each song as its own set and then switch songs. you dont always have to do the DJ thing if the songs are original you can talk to the crowd and stuff just like a real band would.

Wow, thanks a ton. I can't believe I never thought to just grab them like I would grab a sample.

With your second option (turning everything into wav's) is there an easy way to export a midi clip to wav or do I need to do an export audio/video track for each part?

What I'm aiming to do is do the "band" thing (its me on ableton and bass, with another playing guitar and synth) where we stop in between songs, but I want to be able to keep a line going in the background while we switch. So stop song 1, keep the drums going, bring in song 2 samples, change the drums, bring in the new song, etc.. I've always liked the flow of that.

I'd think the most organized and efficient way would be to get wav files of everything, but I actually change a lot of the sounds when I play to make them different each time.. and when I play live I think I'd want to do the same thing.

thanks again!

oredun
Apr 12, 2007
you can export all stems as wavs,its in the file then export and choose individual tracks, and then re-import them.

but if you want to change anything i would make each song its own set. i think the whole DJ segue thing for a band is really lame personally, and i would just open a new set for each song. when you go and see a real band, they never have some loop or bass line or drums that carries on from the last song, they just stop and then start again.

and having sets for each song is more or less the only way to run vsts and change sounds/timbres without re-exporting new wavs.

and ableton doesnt really like huge sets with tons of wavs for some reason. sometimes they will work, sometimes they wont after they get to big, i dunno what the deal is exactly. it will say "not enough memory" or something like that and wont open up half of your clips.

RivensBitch
Jul 25, 2002

I have a ton of WAV files loaded into my largest ableton set and don't run into those problems.

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

oredun posted:

and ableton doesnt really like huge sets with tons of wavs for some reason. sometimes they will work, sometimes they wont after they get to big, i dunno what the deal is exactly. it will say "not enough memory" or something like that and wont open up half of your clips.

I have some really, really really huge sets and this isn't a problem for me either. Are you loading the files to RAM?

I r Pat
Nov 16, 2006

oredun posted:

you can export all stems as wavs,its in the file then export and choose individual tracks, and then re-import them.

but if you want to change anything i would make each song its own set. i think the whole DJ segue thing for a band is really lame personally, and i would just open a new set for each song. when you go and see a real band, they never have some loop or bass line or drums that carries on from the last song, they just stop and then start again.

and having sets for each song is more or less the only way to run vsts and change sounds/timbres without re-exporting new wavs.

Awesome, thank you for your help.

We're doing an electronica jam band thing... So really, I want to be able to have everything in one set ready to be triggered at any time if the feeling is right. Half the time we will stop completely, and the other half we will continue on to the next song. It's really up to the moment I guess. What I think I'm going to do is just pick a few songs that could potentially go together an leave the rest as separate songs.

I had that huge set problem on my old pc, but with this Macbook Pro everything I throw at Ableton has worked so far. The only problems I've had is when I'm running a huge set without speakers/power adapter (using the onboard speakers) just to fiddle around with parts.. it starts having a bit of difficulty. I don't know if its the internal speaker amp or the fact that it's not plugged in, but anytime other than that it works fine.

oredun
Apr 12, 2007

RivensBitch posted:

:words:

Well believe it or not, it happens. See Pat's post.

did you think i was just making it up or something?

melee beats posted:

I have some really, really really huge sets and this isn't a problem for me either. Are you loading the files to RAM?

How do you load samples to RAM, i dont know about that option in live. I feel like the too big of a set has something to do with the decoding cache size or something.

since i got a MBP i havnt had any big set problems, but i did on my 2.0 ghz whitebook with 4gb ram and 80 gb HD. the set had MP3s and WAVs i also dont know if that had something to do with it. ive seen more than a few other computers give this error.

I r Pat posted:

I had that huge set problem on my old pc, but with this Macbook Pro everything I throw at Ableton has worked so far.

I r Pat posted:

Awesome, thank you for your help.

i love helping out people with live, it just makes my skillz that much more complete and helps people at an otherwise daunting bunch of software bullshit.

Pizza Partisan
Sep 22, 2003
I just got a Tascam US-1641, and I'm recording audio just fine with it, but I've got massive issues with MIDI in Live 8 on Win 7 x64.

I've got an evolution mk-261 in the Tascam's MIDI in, and pressing the keys on either the 261 or my computer's keyboard flashes the MIDI input indicator in Live, but the notes aren't playing or being recorded. There's an intermittent but very long delay before a VST instrument will play the MIDI note (3-10 minutes, then a ton of notes start playing)

I can't find this problem anywhere online. Does anyone have any suggestions?

RivensBitch
Jul 25, 2002

oredun posted:

Well believe it or not, it happens. See Pat's post.

did you think i was just making it up or something?

Why did you quote a post of mine that was a single line and then delete that single line and replace it with ":words:"?

Also why did you read my post and assume I thought you were making it up? You said:

quote:

and ableton doesnt really like huge sets with tons of wavs for some reason

melee beats and I are using ableton and not having this problem, so I'd wager this isn't an ableton issue, it's an issue with you, your set, or your computer.

quote:

How do you load samples to RAM, i dont know about that option in live.

Obviously this is an option that we made up, because we're just loving with you.

quote:

I feel like the too big of a set has something to do with the decoding cache size or something.

"Decoding cache size"? What are you on about?

quote:

since i got a MBP i havnt had any big set problems, but i did on my 2.0 ghz whitebook with 4gb ram and 80 gb HD. the set had MP3s and WAVs i also dont know if that had something to do with it. ive seen more than a few other computers give this error.

So wait you just contradicted yourself. Your own experience tells you that this isn't an ableton issue it's a computer issue.

quote:

i love helping out people with live, it just makes my skillz that much more complete and helps people at an otherwise daunting bunch of software bullshit.

... okay you really, REALLY suck at trolling. What exactly inspired you to start troll the musician's lounge?

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

oredun posted:

How do you load samples to RAM, i dont know about that option in live. I feel like the too big of a set has something to do with the decoding cache size or something.

Under sample properties there's a ticker called RAM near the transpose and warping type area.

I'm pretty sure that the clips that you load are pointers to the file location on your disk. They are not impacting the HDD, RAM, or CPU until you actually trigger them, and that's where they are loaded from disk into RAM and played back through your audio.

If:
1. Your HDD is slow, say 4200rpm or slow throughput, the speed in which samples can be loaded will result in lower performance

2. Your CPU is stupid slow, for obvious reasons, this can result in lower performance - especially if you're running a ton of effects (that's why for my live set I use Ableton effects exclusively, and manage to keep cpu usage well under 30%)

3. Your sound device is slow/not optimized for streaming audio, it puts more strain on the CPU.

As with any DAW, I'd highly recommend as much RAM as it supports (3gb in Ableton, for now), as you can see the effects of having inadequate memory.

dookie
Aug 28, 2003

I cannot for the life of me figure this sound/effect here:

http://byebyeblackbird.bandcamp.com/

Liste to the kick drum, that little kick fluctuation that happens every 5 seconds throughout the whole song.

How do I go about achieving something like this? I was thinking about something sidechained to the kick but I have no idea.

Vector 7
Sep 29, 2010

I wish there was a way to freeze/flatten a track with a sidechain compressor on it. What I do now is duplicate the track, delete the compressor, freeze/flatten the track, and then copy the compressor over, but it always seems like a lot of work for something that should be an easy task.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

RivensBitch posted:

melee beats and I are using ableton and not having this problem, so I'd wager this isn't an ableton issue, it's an issue with you, your set, or your computer.
I don't wanna jump into your argument or take the other guy's side or anything, but this reasoning is faulty.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

Reality Is Digital posted:

I wish there was a way to freeze/flatten a track with a sidechain compressor on it. What I do now is duplicate the track, delete the compressor, freeze/flatten the track, and then copy the compressor over, but it always seems like a lot of work for something that should be an easy task.

Record the track to another audio track while the compression is playing. Then delete the old track if you want to save cpu and flatten the new one with the sidechaining already on it.

oredun
Apr 12, 2007

RivensBitch posted:

Why did you quote a post of mine that was a single line and then delete that single line and replace it with ":words:"?

Also why did you read my post and assume I thought you were making it up? You said:

Obviously this is an option that we made up, because we're just loving with you.

"Decoding cache size"? What are you on about?

So wait you just contradicted yourself. Your own experience tells you that this isn't an ableton issue it's a computer issue.

... okay you really, REALLY suck at trolling. What exactly inspired you to start troll the musician's lounge?

wow, you really are a gently caress!

you said the problem doesnt exist, it does exist. you can see below to verify.

i asked how to use RAM option, i had no idea what your talking about

decoding cache straight from ableton:

I'm getting messages saying, for example, "The file 07 Untitled 7.mp3 is too large to be decoded. 44 Mb would be required for the decoded file. Only 27 MB are available in the cache." I have plenty of free space on my hard disk. Is there a program setting to change the Cache Location? I am not seeing it.
You can change the cache location and the location of temporary recordings in Live's Preferences.

is ableton CONTRIDICTING ITSELF????? are you MAD ABOUT IT!!?? get MAD!!!

wow, youre a dipshit.

and i do enjoy helping people with live, infact, i sell lessons on craigslist, and i get to goto real studios and teach real engineers how to use live! its awesome, i also enjoy helping those on the internet on forums i frequent.

if you choose to apologize for your attitude and the incorrect information you posted, i will accept it. :allears:

BTW: i put the :words: in there because it was dumb and you didnt know what you were talking about. does that make sense?

oredun fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 22, 2010

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale
The point is, you shouldn't have an issue loading a lot of tracks. MP3's (which are processed much differently than WAV as you previously stated) have to be decoded and that's stored somewhere, but you should just be mindful of the process and adjust the cache as needed. It shouldn't be a problem.

Soup in a Bag
Dec 4, 2009

dookie posted:

I cannot for the life of me figure this sound/effect here:

http://byebyeblackbird.bandcamp.com/

Liste to the kick drum, that little kick fluctuation that happens every 5 seconds throughout the whole song.

How do I go about achieving something like this? I was thinking about something sidechained to the kick but I have no idea.

If I'm understanding which part you're talking about, I think it's just the kick sample reversed.

RivensBitch
Jul 25, 2002

oredun posted:

wow, you really are a gently caress!

you said the problem doesnt exist, it does exist. you can see below to verify.

i asked how to use RAM option, i had no idea what your talking about

decoding cache straight from ableton:

I'm getting messages saying, for example, "The file 07 Untitled 7.mp3 is too large to be decoded. 44 Mb would be required for the decoded file. Only 27 MB are available in the cache." I have plenty of free space on my hard disk. Is there a program setting to change the Cache Location? I am not seeing it.
You can change the cache location and the location of temporary recordings in Live's Preferences.

is ableton CONTRIDICTING ITSELF????? are you MAD ABOUT IT!!?? get MAD!!!

wow, youre a dipshit.

and i do enjoy helping people with live, infact, i sell lessons on craigslist, and i get to goto real studios and teach real engineers how to use live! its awesome, i also enjoy helping those on the internet on forums i frequent.

if you choose to apologize for your attitude and the incorrect information you posted, i will accept it. :allears:

BTW: i put the :words: in there because it was dumb and you didnt know what you were talking about. does that make sense?

Wow so you can look up this issue about decoding but you can't be bothered to read the part where it explains how to load a sample into RAM?

Here I have a suggestion that may make your problem go away. When you're playing your set back in ableton, how many question marks and exclamation points are you typing? I would suggest doubling the number of punctuation marks that you mash into the keyboard during playback, I think that will solve all your problems.

Also please post links to your craigslist ads I don't believe that they exist.

oredun
Apr 12, 2007

RivensBitch posted:

Wow so you can look up this issue about decoding but you can't be bothered to read the part where it explains how to load a sample into RAM?

Here I have a suggestion that may make your problem go away. When you're playing your set back in ableton, how many question marks and exclamation points are you typing? I would suggest doubling the number of punctuation marks that you mash into the keyboard during playback, I think that will solve all your problems.

Also please post links to your craigslist ads I don't believe that they exist.

wow so you can post poo poo that you have no idea what your talking about and then call me out for asking a question?

in the ableton FAQs it clearly talks about file size and set size as an issue related cache size, so i dunno "what you are on about"

i dont have poo poo to prove to you so just call me a liar and i def dont want you knowing where i on post on CL, im fine with that. BUT so far in this thread it seems ive been more helpful and knowledgable than yourself, instead of posting actual information you just get mad and post stupid poo poo. are you jealous that i might get to do something cooler than you?

i really dont know what your problem is, but if you want me to stop pickin on big daddy rivensbitch you ought to stop posting wrong and/or useless information.

also this is a thread about helping people with ableton, not your personal crusade against someone who corrects your mistakes.

if you want to start a thread in FYAD about how much you hate me thats fine, but here, its a little inappropriate.

unSavory
Sep 26, 2004
fellow
Finally got my netbook back up and running (after a nice hard drive failure in which I lost all my Ableton projects :() and made this today.

http://soundcloud.com/taxidermistnow/plaines-project-1

Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent distortion plugin? The built-ins in Live seem kind of.. boring.

And to anyone else running Ableton on a way underpowered machine (1.6Ghz atom ughhh), how do you deal with overloading the CPU? I've been making duplicates of tracks, then flattening them and reintroducing plugins to the audio, then switching everything back over to the real-time tracks to export. It's really a clunky way of doing things, but I'm not sure there's another way besides buying a macbook?

Vector 7
Sep 29, 2010

unSavory posted:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent distortion plugin? The built-ins in Live seem kind of.. boring.
Ohmicide or Trash. These plugins are bomb.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

oredun posted:

i dont have poo poo to prove to you so just call me a liar and i def dont want you knowing where i on post on CL, im fine with that. BUT so far in this thread it seems ive been more helpful and knowledgable than yourself, instead of posting actual information you just get mad and post stupid poo poo. are you jealous that i might get to do something cooler than you?

Calm down man.

Why don't you look up that thing RivensBitch suggested about loading a sample to RAM and see if it makes a difference?

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

So I'm still getting my weird panning problem. Some of my tracks are louder in the left channel than the right one, and I don't know why. Someone look at the channel levels in this screenshot (set to the 'simple bass' track) and tell me where it's coming from. I feel stupid. :(

Computer Jones
Jun 22, 2005

Popcorn posted:

So I'm still getting my weird panning problem. Some of my tracks are louder in the left channel than the right one, and I don't know why. Someone look at the channel levels in this screenshot (set to the 'simple bass' track) and tell me where it's coming from. I feel stupid. :(

It's hard to say where it's coming from, but you could always pan the track to the right until it sounds OK. I think there are plugins you can use to reduce stereo width as well (maybe check Ableton Utility?)

I've had this kinda thing before where I sampled my synth with chorus on, and as a result the sample was always starting out kinda left-panned because that's where the chorus was at when I sampled it. :downs:

edit: I wanna know what "spook" is :iiam:

colonp
Apr 21, 2007
Hi!

colonp fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 8, 2014

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

colonp posted:

It might be something in the menu for the other Amp envelope. Look under Pan Mod.

Assume I'm a total moron and I don't know which menu you're talking about. :(

Computer Jones posted:

edit: I wanna know what "spook" is :iiam:

I'm afraid that's highly classified information.

RivensBitch
Jul 25, 2002

Post the session?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Popcorn posted:

Assume I'm a total moron and I don't know which menu you're talking about. :(

'Pan Mod' is pretty much right in the center of the instance of Analog you're looking at. What colonp is suggesting is maybe you've accidentally tweaked the pan mod control in one of the Amp envelopes (in the screenshot you're looking at Amp1, but it also appears to be turned off, so look at all the parameters of Amp2), and that's causing the pan to follow the envelope or maybe an LFO. Clarified a little better: You need to click on the section marked 'Amp2', because that's the amp section that's actually turned on ('Amp1' is greyed out and 'Amp2' is yellow). Highlight the Amp2 section, and then look right at the center of the device, at the text 'Pan Mod' - is the number below it 0.00?

Failing that, like colonp suggested you can always throw a Utility device into your chain and make it mono or reduce the width.

Vector 7
Sep 29, 2010

Hey, is there a way to assign arbitrary MIDI to effects parameters in Live? I want stuff in a chorus effect to keytrack as I play a sound in Operator, so if I play a higher note the effect changes. Can I do this with an effect rack?

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion
Here's a head scratcher. I have a KORG nanoKontrol and have a session file saved with Live called TEMPLATE. TEMPLATE is an empty set with a bunch of extra tracks, renamed columns, and a slew of MIDI settings. When I open TEMPLATE and load samples into the project my MIDI maps work as expected, but when I save my set and change the name (in order to preserve my TEMPLATE file) and try to work in the set it's like my nanoKontrol is dead and non-responsive.

Manipulating the sliders or pots doesn't register a MIDI signal (there is no orange blink in Ableton) and turning tracking or sync on/off doesn't fix the issue either. This is also the case when I try to use MIDI mapped from my Axiom 46 (sliders and knobs), but for some reason my Launchpad is not affected.

Halp.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

tehschulman posted:

Here's a head scratcher. I have a KORG nanoKontrol and have a session file saved with Live called TEMPLATE. TEMPLATE is an empty set with a bunch of extra tracks, renamed columns, and a slew of MIDI settings. When I open TEMPLATE and load samples into the project my MIDI maps work as expected, but when I save my set and change the name (in order to preserve my TEMPLATE file) and try to work in the set it's like my nanoKontrol is dead and non-responsive.

Manipulating the sliders or pots doesn't register a MIDI signal (there is no orange blink in Ableton) and turning tracking or sync on/off doesn't fix the issue either. This is also the case when I try to use MIDI mapped from my Axiom 46 (sliders and knobs), but for some reason my Launchpad is not affected.

You probably are way beyond this, but have you checked the MIDI/Sync tab in Preferences? It's a longshot but maybe the nanoKontrol isn't automatically recognized by the session like the Launchpad is - is its text (under Control Surface, Input and Output) in red, or there at all?

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion
Yeah MIDI/Sync is the tab I've been working under. Here is a screenshot of my current settings (where the nanoKontrol isn't even being recognized):

Whenever I've turned Sync on I've noticed a delay with my triggers and my MIDI devices. From what I understand Track is necessary to have on because that initiates the device with Live and Remote is necessary to have on if your MIDI device has sliders/knobs that Live will have to track and sync up in the software. Also there is no default nanoKontrol device in Ableton (despite there being default devices for the padKontrol and the keyKontrol) so that's why I have "None" current selected there. If there's a fix for that or a file I can download to give me a Live preset I'm all ears.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

Thanks for the advice re: the panning issue, everyone. I ended up using Utility, which I didn't realise existed. That's another useful tool in my belt!

Would have posted this in the "tell me how to recreate sounds" thread but it appears to be dead, no-one responded to my last request there, and I'm using Ableton exclusively now so would appreciate an Ableton-specific response... (:D)...

Can someone tell me how to create that hissing snare/hat sound in Ultravox's classic song "Vienna"? It sounds like gas escaping. Listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9WdUgn0XkU&ob=av2e&t=1m48s

Is that just a sample or some kind of effect?

A similar effect can be heard in Radiohead's I Might Be Wrong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOa--Dhu11M&ob=av3n&t=4m7s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shchmue
Apr 22, 2010

Popcorn posted:

Can someone tell me how to create that hissing snare/hat sound in Ultravox's classic song "Vienna"? It sounds like gas escaping. Listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9WdUgn0XkU&ob=av2e&t=1m48s

Is that just a sample or some kind of effect?

A similar effect can be heard in Radiohead's I Might Be Wrong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOa--Dhu11M&ob=av3n&t=4m7s
Those are low-pass filter sweeps. Auto Filter should be able to apply a decaying cutoff effect like this. I don't think there's a way to make it retrigger though, and that could force you to use really wonky automation. You probably have to use a third-party plugin, or else re-sample your samples with the decaying cutoff LPF manually applied.