Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrNemo
Aug 26, 2010

"I just love beeting off"

Duh! They're not interpreting the Constitution, they want to take the Constitution as what it literally says. This isn't interpretation because it means the Constitution supports policies they also support while if it means a judge can't base his judgements on the 10 Commandments then you must be interpreting it. I've heard a few times that if you take a good hard look at the Confederate constitution and then at what a lot of right wingers say the US Constitution proscribes you'll find a lot more crossover than with the actual US Constitution.

My mother recently forwarded me an email her sister sent her (fortunately she was only sending it on because she thought it was ridiculous, not sure if that's why her sister sent it to her) that was all about the 'Islamic demographic threat' and how it's guaranteed that if Muslims manage to get to 20% of the population they'll institute Sharia law and if they make it to 50% we'll all have to follow it and then at 80% they'll start kicking out or persecuting non-Muslims and at 100% all law and order breaks down, cats and dogs living together and Mohammed will personally deliver a noogie to every white person left. Ignoring all the other poo poo (and there's a lot) in it, the one thing that really pissed me off was totally ignoring 1) All the Islamic countries that have relatively free and tolerant governments and 2) All the non-Islamic countries (some even *gasp* have Christian majorities) that do horrific poo poo to their minorities and general populace.

The fact that the whole point of the email is "Muslims are evil and intolerant people who will persecute you if you're a minority, persecute them now before they stop being a minority!" :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Wait, wait, are we (white people) being out bred by Muslims or Mexicans? I can't keep up.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Armyman25 posted:

Wait, wait, are we (white people) being out bred by Muslims or Mexicans? I can't keep up.

Don't worry, the Asians are still on our side!

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Armyman25 posted:

Catholics and muslims are basically the same thing

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

nm posted:

Catholics and muslims are basically the same thing

Catholics are loyal to the Vatican, not America! Also, they're after your children, as shown in this 1876 Thomas Nast cartoon:

Edit: Another anti-Catholic cartoon, this time from 1943:

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 23, 2010

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Yeah, I'd like to see someone call Tom Tancredo a crypto-papist WOP, just to see the reaction from people.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Pththya-lyi posted:

Catholics are loyal to the Vatican, not America! Also, they're after your children, as shown in this 1876 Thomas Nast cartoon:

Edit: Another anti-Catholic cartoon, this time from 1943:

I'm confused about the first picture. Are the crocodiles those drat Irish Ginger Catholics that are coming to kill our schools and children? (GO BACK TO IRELAND DRUNKIE! :argh:) Reading comprehension. I just saw you text above it.

And to be fair to the second cartoon, the Pope was turning a blind eye to the atrocities that were committed by the Catholic fascists in Italy and Germany.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I'm pretty sure that the Fundie Evangelical Christians still feel that way about Catholics.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm pretty sure that the Fundie Evangelical Christians still feel that way about Catholics.

Yeah, but they've gotten a lot more subtle about it over the years. John Hagee got called out for bashing the Vatican a few years ago and promptly apologized for it, but almost certainly wasn't sincere.

Meanwhile, fundies love to say whatever the gently caress they want about Muslims.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I always keep forgetting that beating Noguiera is a big deal. The guy looks like the way Johnny Cash sings.

edit: not the ufc thread

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I've got an e-mail!

quote:

For those that don't know about history ... Here is a condensed version:

Humans originally existed as members of small bands of nomadic hunters/gatherers. They lived on deer in the mountains during the summer and would go to the coast and live on fish and lobster in the winter.

The two most important events in all of history were the invention of beer and the invention of the wheel. The wheel was invented to get man to the beer. These were the foundation of modern civilization and together were the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into two distinct subgroups:

1 . Liberals, and
2. Conservatives.

Once beer was discovered, it required grain and that was the beginning of agriculture. Neither the glass bottle nor aluminum can were invented yet, so while our early humans were sitting around waiting for them to be invented, they just stayed close to the brewery. That's how villages were formed.

Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to B-B-Q at night while they were drinking beer. This was the beginning of what is known as the Conservative movement.

Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting learned to live off the conservatives by showing up for the nightly B-B-Q's and doing the sewing, fetching, and hair dressing. This was the beginning of the Liberal movement.

Some of these liberal men eventually evolved into women. Those became known as girlie-men. Some noteworthy liberal achievements include the domestication of cats, the invention of group therapy, group hugs, and the concept of Democratic voting to decide how to divide the meat and beer that conservatives provided.

Over the years conservatives came to be symbolized by the largest, most powerful land animal on earth, the elephant. Liberals are symbolized by the jackass.

Modern liberals like imported beer (with lime added), but most prefer white wine or imported bottled water. They eat raw fish but like their beef well done. Sushi, tofu, and French food are standard liberal fare. Another interesting evolutionary side note: most of their women have higher testosterone levels than their men. Most social workers, personal injury attorneys, journalists, dreamers in Hollywood and group therapists are liberals. Liberals invented the designated hitter rule because it wasn't fair to make the pitcher also bat.

Conservatives drink domestic beer, mostly Bud or Miller. They eat red meat and still provide for their women. Conservatives are big game hunters, rodeo cowboys, lumberjacks, construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, police officers, engineers, corporate executives, athletes, members of the military, airline pilots and generally anyone who works productively. Conservatives who own companies hire other conservatives who want to work for a living.

Liberals produce little or nothing.. They like to govern the producers and decide what to do with the production. Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than Americans. That is why most of the liberals remained in Europe when conservatives were coming to America . They crept in after the Wild West was tamed and created a business of trying to get more for nothing.

Here ends today's lesson in world history:

It should be noted that a Liberal may have a momentary urge to angrily respond to the above before forwarding it.

A Conservative will simply laugh and be so convinced of the absolute truth of this history that it will be forwarded immediately to other true believers and to more liberals just to tick them off.

And there you have it.

Let your next action reveal your true self .

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Who wants to guess which animal has had more of an impact upon humanity, the Donkey or the Elephant?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

What do they have against cats? :psyduck:

And they really think it was a conservative movement to immigrate to America? :psyduck:

gently caress, that email is a whole ton of stupid.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
You could rewrite that, just replace all of the Conservative poo poo with "lack of education, inbreeding, slavery, hatred, bigotry" and the Liberal poo poo with, "open-mindedness, scientific progress, and pursuit of reason."

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

"Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting learned to live off the conservatives by showing up for the nightly B-B-Q's and doing the sewing, fetching, and hair dressing. This was the beginning of the Liberal movement.

Some of these liberal men eventually evolved into women. "

So I guess before that it was just a big gay orgy every night.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Since liberals apparently invented sewing it was only because of them that all the conservatives didn't freeze to death.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
That email was posted before, but I just want to point out the :psyduck: about the designated hitter rule. For those who are legitimately curious about this rule, here is Wikipedia's article, including an explanation of its history. It says that "The rationale for the designated hitter rule is that . . . pitchers are usually weak hitters who ordinarily perform once every four or five games," but obviously they just need to bootstrap themselves!

Also, how did rodeo cowboys, corporate executives, and athletes end up being classified with "productive" workers? Rodeo cowboys and athletes produce nothing, and neither does the act of spectating a sports game or a rodeo. The entire purpose of a corporate executive is to control and coordinate producers - a behavior attributed to liberals! Why, the email doesn't seem to be well thought out at all! :crossarms:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

"A conservative will laugh, convinced of its absolute truth, and as he has no other purpose in life than to pointlessly and pettily annoy those with different opinions than his own, will forward it to a bunch of people arbitrarily."

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I love that real, true, manly conservative men drink and Budweiser when given a choice. My dad is pretty conservative and a massive beer snob, and I caught less heat for ordering something called a "Skittletini" than my sister and her boyfriend got for ordering Budweiser.

Turing sex machine
Dec 14, 2008

I want to have
your robot-babies
:roboluv:

Pththya-lyi posted:

Also, how did rodeo cowboys, corporate executives, and athletes end up being classified with "productive" workers?
Not to mention most members of the military.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I don't suppose the author of that email knows that the French eat their beef entirely raw.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Things that e-mail has taught me:

Liberals invented democracy.

Conservatives believe in evolution.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Taerkar posted:

Who wants to guess which animal has had more of an impact upon humanity, the Donkey or the Elephant?

Donkeys are known to work hard and be stubborn about a lot of things.

Elephants are known to go crazy sometimes and destroy everything around them.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Donkeys were used mainly for labor.

Elephants were often used for war.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kavak posted:

Donkeys were used mainly for labor.

Elephants were often used for war.

Yeah, by brown people. I don't think the Republicans will be too thrilled about that.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah, by brown people. I don't think the Republicans will be too thrilled about that.
How could anyone not be thrilled by the idea of an Indian guy riding Rush Limbaugh into battle?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Dr Christmas posted:

I love that real, true, manly conservative men drink and Budweiser when given a choice. My dad is pretty conservative and a massive beer snob, and I caught less heat for ordering something called a "Skittletini" than my sister and her boyfriend got for ordering Budweiser.

Not only that. Most imported beers are wayy stronger and manlier than loving Bud and Miller.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

The_Rob posted:

Not only that. Most imported beers are wayy stronger and manlier than loving Bud and Miller.

Not only that. Bud is now owned by fer'ners.

HELLO THERE
Mar 22, 2010

crime fighting hog posted:

"I agree, they're all terrible, but I watch Fox anyways because I'm their target audience."
Well, at least he's not holding on to illusions about that.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Chunk posted:

"Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting learned to live off the conservatives by showing up for the nightly B-B-Q's and doing the sewing, fetching, and hair dressing. This was the beginning of the Liberal movement.

Some of these liberal men eventually evolved into women. "

So I guess before that it was just a big gay orgy every night.
Maybe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-Spirit ?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Burrito posted:

Donkeys are known to work hard and be stubborn about a lot of things.

Elephants are known to go crazy sometimes and destroy everything around them.

quote:

Some of these liberal men eventually evolved into women.
Elephant herds are led by a matriarch, an inversion of man's natural position as head of the family, as ordained by God.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Also, male elephants are some of the most easily provoked animals on the planet.

boz204
Mar 16, 2009

Doomclown posted:

How could anyone not be thrilled by the idea of an Indian guy riding Rush Limbaugh into battle?

Limbaugh is perfect to have in battle. We can load him up with painkillers (he won't mind, trust me) and he will be unstoppable.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Dr Christmas posted:

My dad is pretty conservative and a massive beer snob, and I caught less heat for ordering something called a "Skittletini" than my sister and her boyfriend got for ordering Budweiser.

Wasn't that a Simpsons joke a while back?

Cjones
Jul 4, 2008

Democracia Socrates, MD
I'm a dirty leftist and I love red meat :(

Hell, I'm a butcher (but I'm also a student probably being indoctrinated in the ways of Mao)

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Technogeek posted:

Wasn't that a Simpsons joke a while back?

Skittlebrau
:goonsay:

Hollow Gaunt
Aug 7, 2007

Corbet posted:

I've got an e-mail!

:psyboom: The worst part about that is that a lot of conservatives actually implicitly believe some of that poo poo.

Angry Avocado
Jun 6, 2010

Corbet posted:

I've got an e-mail!
I especially like the undertone of how women belong in the kitchen and gay men are inferior. (Well, that last thing wasn't really an undertone as much as it was really blatant, but hey).

Other than that, the GOP wasn't always the conservative party. It was a Republican president that ended slavery, and don't think the GOP would've done the same thing with today's mindset. But my knowledge on this is pretty limited (GOP's progressive era, that is), so if someone can expand on this, that would be great.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Lincoln ended slavery because it was convenient, not because he parcularly cared about the plight of the slaves. He actually thought blacks and whites were incapable of living alongside each other as equals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Angry Avocado posted:

Other than that, the GOP wasn't always the conservative party. It was a Republican president that ended slavery,
Lincoln wasn't exactly tripping over himself to free the slaves. He only did it after a lot of social and military pressure (the union army needed black labor). Personally, he was against it, but politically he was conciliatory as gently caress toward slave state interests