Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It looks like a stock monster frame, I think the engine's a 1000DS. The subframe looks like the grab handles, lock mechanism and some extra was cut off and a loop welded to the end. Then I think the tank and seat are one-offs, and the underseat exhaust might be from a hyper? I'll try to look for more on it.

But yeah, totally want to do something like this.

Edit 2:

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Oct 22, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
That seat looks like an F4 unit with the sides cut off.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

LeftyChris posted:

Is there a big chunk missing out of the rear tyre...or am I seeing things?
Water on the tire reflects the sky.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

2ndclasscitizen posted:

That seat looks like an F4 unit with the sides cut off.

Yeah, looks like F4 tail light lenses, but aside from having underseat exhaust, nothing else looks F4-ish

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Kyon posted:

Eh, it's just the edge detect screwing up, that or the level designer screwed up when he was defining the track geometry.

:colbert:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Finally some full shots of the Tiger 800. Want this so bad.

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2010/10/photos-triumph-tiger-800/

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oIXSKgwZBI
new S1000rr ad

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Ola posted:

That does look very good.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ola posted:

It's gonna be an awesome bike but goddamn if it isn't the F800's doppelganger

Shoulda shipped it with a chin fairing, like an evil twin's goatee

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I love it. I wonder if you could get it under KLR weight...

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
Hey, thats a YDS3 Big Bear

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ola posted:

Nice BMW

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Wonder how clunky the gearbox is going to be on that Triumph?

Content... Stoners new helmet. lmao

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SeamusMcPhisticuffs
Aug 2, 2006

republicans.bmp
All I can see is this

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That should be an available accessory in the parts catalog.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Every time you compress the front suspension it chomps down

Going over rough terrain it'd look like it was saying "GNARGH ANGH GGHRNAGH GNANANANARGH NERGH AAAAAAGH"

It's brilliant

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
Lane splitting in Moscow

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

NinjaCthulhu posted:

Lane splitting in Moscow

Sped up

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Was not expecting this dude to walk back in frame. :psyduck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpY9oaCeaQ4

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Ziploc posted:

Was not expecting this dude to walk back in frame. :psyduck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpY9oaCeaQ4

Supposedly the guy was a gymnast so flying in the air wasn't a big thing.

Pinny
Sep 8, 2006
while it looks like he lands perfectly fine, I cant help but think that as soon as his feet hit the ground his momentum makes him instantly do 50 cartwheels or something

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches

Phat_Albert posted:

Hello new three wheel megathread first post.

Speaking of, here's what must be a KLR owner's take on the Ural 2WD system:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

DiZ
Jan 3, 2005

I am Dizzunk, Certified German Lubrication Technician.
Looks like he clipped the reflector and grabbed some air off it.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

2ndclasscitizen posted:

I feel like half the battle here is just not panicking.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Got my SportBikeCam mounted up to the mighty vfr and did a test run with it. Theres a nasty resonance it has when the engine is around 6k or so but other than that its sweet.

Just a video of twisty road in Omaha with a little wheelie at the beginning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQkbDwH7e1k

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

Got my SportBikeCam mounted up to the mighty vfr and did a test run with it. Theres a nasty resonance it has when the engine is around 6k or so but other than that its sweet.

Just a video of twisty road in Omaha with a little wheelie at the beginning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQkbDwH7e1k

Aww drat dude. Be safe, work on being smoother on corners before adding the speed in there. There were a few times I thought this was going to be a crash video.

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

Yeah maybe it's just the camera angle but that look really unsteady at some points. Like massive headshake or something.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

Yeah maybe it's just the camera angle but that look really unsteady at some points. Like massive headshake or something.

Looks like me before I realised I was too tense and putting too much input into the bike instead of letting it do what it wanted to do.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.
Also looks like a lot of the turns he enters crossed up (look at the reflection and where his head is relative to the bike lean angle), and then changes his body position mid corner.

Smooth = fast people!

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Oh Geez you guys are harsh. I was just out for a mild cruise to test it out wasn't going flat out or anything, just out riding for fun and if I wanna change my body position mid corner and use my the whole lane then so be it :P

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

Oh Geez you guys are harsh. I was just out for a mild cruise to test it out wasn't going flat out or anything, just out riding for fun and if I wanna change my body position mid corner and use my the whole lane then so be it :P

You sound like my friend who always blames his nonstop spelling errors on "I wasn't really trying." No, motherfucker, your rear end can't spell good.

VFRs are rad-tastic, I loved the 84 500cc model that my friend loaned me for a year so his wife couldn't get it in the divorce. God, why couldn't I scrounge up $1500 when the time came...

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

Just looking after your safety and providing constructive criticism. Your jerky motions to the outside of the lane would provide no way of compensating should you come around the corner and an animal/log/gravel/car was just on the outside of the lane. It's pretty obvious that this is your first sport bike and you just want to see what it can do. Sign up for a track day where there is more than 1 turn every minute if you want to really learn to corner at speed.

Really not trying to be a dick so I hope you don't take it that way.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

It's constant midcorner corrections. Gotta work on committing to one line through a corner, not one line, correct a bit, correct a bit, etc. You should smoothly move to max lean and then smoothly stand the bike back up. 50 pencing a corner is a really bad thing.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Just try to correct by saying that this isn't my first sport bike and I wasn't out "Seeing what it could do." I learned very well the limits of this bike this past summer, especially so in Colorado. I will have to wait for another nice day when I'm not working or visiting my friend in the hospital (wrecked his dirt bike two weeks ago and is paralyzed chest down now) to go out and make a video and prove I'm not terrible. I didn't know that I would be judged so harshly when I'm just out having fun by myself, and its hard to tell from the video but I do have complete control over this bike and can control it in the event of a sudden obstacle.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Come for some basic stunting on a Sportster, stay for the last 30 seconds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQP9EoV06Tw

inolen
Dec 10, 2003
Just rebuilt my bike for 2011:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Do they chop the stock frames for those or is it a full custom job?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

Z3n posted:

Do they chop the stock frames for those or is it a full custom job?

It's a chopped stock back half with a custom front half. He makes full frames for around ~$2k, but the half frame is only $1k so if you already have a broken/cracked frame it's a great option.