Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nupraptor
Feb 8, 2003

Vae Victus

Kipory posted:

From a bit ago, but how do you get it to crop the widget and not just scrunch it to fit the space provided?
The newest version of Beautiful Widgets now does a bit of squishing as well as cropping, so I wound up reverting back to v3.13, which would still crop the widget when resizing.

\/ Correct, sorry for the misinformation. I forgot which app it was I had to rollback on.

Nupraptor fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Oct 26, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Nupraptor posted:

The newest version of LauncherPro now does a bit of squishing as well as cropping, so I wound up reverting back to v0.8.1.1, which would still crop the widget when resizing.

Actually, it was Beautiful Widgets update, he made it so it resizes instead of cuts off like before.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
How can I make it crop, now? I'd much prefer that to stretching...

God Exists.
Sep 26, 2010

by Ozma

landis posted:

You gotta make it bigger than you need and then resize it to the size you want.

You have a version of this wallpaper without the cards? Or a link to the wallpaper itself. I'm into minimal black wallpapers.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
Reverted BW to 3.13, works gorgeously now with 5 and 8 rows. Only 4 columns though. Ce la vie.

Of course, doing so is obviously supporting FRAGMENTATION :qq:

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

landis posted:

You gotta make it bigger than you need and then resize it to the size you want.

Bottom was resized down.

Kinda tricky once you start filling up the screen though.

edit: It looks like you can resize it all the way down to 1x1 and then back up to whatever you need as long as you start bigger. That way you can make room for more widgets and then resize them again when you've got what you want on the screen.

It still resizes the icons slightly (they're smaller), but at least it's a lot sharper now, thanks! I imagine I could get the icons larger if I enabled auto-fit in LauncherPro and spent a lot of time on it, but I think I'm done for now.

And just for reference, the original Photoshop layout:

Click here for the full 480x800 image.

The background image is my own, and I'd rather not share it, sorry. But you can have my LauncherPro dock instead. It's just the horizontal line.

landis
Jun 16, 2003

Until the end.

God Exists. posted:

You have a version of this wallpaper without the cards? Or a link to the wallpaper itself. I'm into minimal black wallpapers.
They're not part of the background, I was showing what it looks like when you resize a Desktop Visualizer widget from too big to what you want. Top is same size, bottom one started as a bigger widget and then was resized.

Which means I have a clean version of that background, yes! Give me a few minutes, since you mentioned you like minimal black backgrounds I'm putting together a few more I have (I like 'em too). They are 960x800 fyi.

NFX posted:

:cool:
Yeah, I don't know what to do about that last bit of resizing it does, but I'm glad I could help. That layout is sweet, the icons still managed to line up pretty close for the background image.

Mina
Dec 14, 2005

HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK

Iananan posted:

I was just going to hide the dock and notification bar if possible, or theme it and hope the badges work as well ( so that hiding the notification bar isn't too annoying)

to get this thread back on topic. here's my current layout, which hasn't changed majorly for a while.

the only widgets I have are beautiful widgets with the lttrs skin on screen 3 and pure calendar agenda on 5 with koxx block skin on 100% transparency.

pretty boring compared to the fancy poo poo in here. (it's on ADW, hence the dockbar)

I really like that wallpaper. Any chance you could post a copy?

landis
Jun 16, 2003

Until the end.

God Exists. posted:

Black Minimalistic Android Wallpapers

Yes, I included screen shots of the CC crap the original DA artist posted, I guess at least it will give you a source for most of them. One came from some other DA artist (the more metal looking one) and two were picked up on some random wallpaper site (the one with green and the one you wanted).

Highlights (including the one you actually wanted):

landis fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 26, 2010

God Exists.
Sep 26, 2010

by Ozma
Solid, thanks for these !

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I just posted this in the android discussion thread, but it could be discussed here too.

SlickUI
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=817443

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ohk-hz2hTA

What are the odds that this will end up being released?

Stuntman Mike
Apr 14, 2007
The saucer people are coming!

heat posted:

The newest version released yesterday adds Google Task sync :holy:

NO. loving. Way.

My life is complete.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zombie Lincoln posted:

I wasn't aware the iPhone was theme-able. Are you sure it wasn't just a star trek app?

Jailbroken iPhone's can be themed to your heart's desire. My friend used ssh to edit every image file on the lock and homescreens. I use a memory patching app "winterboard" to do themes.

There is no iphone theme thread :( so I'll post these here.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

tesilential posted:

Jailbroken iPhone's can be themed to your heart's desire. My friend used ssh to edit every image file on the lock and homescreens. I use a memory patching app "winterboard" to do themes.

Probably because they like laughing at this thread while secretly they all have similar layouts (or worse if they stick with the ugly as hell stock tile layout)

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Finally got around to doing my home screen and lock screen.

it's not as fancy as some peoples but I think it works out well. Using Fluxed theme for ADW, Widget Locker, BattStat and PowerAMP.

Photex fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 27, 2010

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Add me to the list of people with close to stock/boring desktops.

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis

Krittick posted:

I really like that wallpaper. Any chance you could post a copy?

I got tired of waiting, so I tineye'd it and cropped it to fit my Droid X's resolution (854x480):

Click here for the full 854x480 image.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

tesilential posted:

What theme is the first one?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Captain Charisma posted:

Probably because they like laughing at this thread while secretly they all have similar layouts (or worse if they stick with the ugly as hell stock tile layout)

That's actually not too far from the truth. I'm on a few goon twitter lists and I've seen this thread mentioned a few times by the iPhone crowd. Mostly negative.

/shrug

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008

Maker Of Shoes posted:

That's actually not too far from the truth. I'm on a few goon twitter lists and I've seen this thread mentioned a few times by the iPhone crowd. Mostly negative.

/shrug

Why would you ridicule a device over what it can do? That's just so....goony.

landis
Jun 16, 2003

Until the end.
Hey, iPhone readers... notice how none of the themes here copy the iPhone theme?

edit: Meh, was just trying to be funny (and failing horribly).

editedit: Nice, the new update also allows label hiding. It has a 1x1 weather widget now too, or did it always have that?

landis fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Oct 28, 2010

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Yes, please start a pissing fight with iPhone users over trivial poo poo. It's a great idea.

Also, Beautiful Widgets updated today to allow skinning of the Toggle widgets. So, if you're REALLY interested in customization, that seems to be the way to go, now.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Kipory posted:

To be fair I would label Android zealots a tad worse.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008

Maker Of Shoes posted:

To be fair I would label Android zealots a tad worse.

Fanboys of any flavor suck rear end, but "you can use widgets to customize your desktop to how you like it" sounds more forced than any complaint I've ever seen from both sides of the fence.

Anyway, what's a good resource for premade desktop visualizer icons?

Apps
Oct 3, 2009

Kipory posted:

They aren't ridiculing the device so much as they're ridiculing the ridiculous configurations and themes that you guys seem so proud of.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008

Apps posted:

They aren't ridiculing the device so much as they're ridiculing the ridiculous configurations and themes that you guys seem so proud of.

I, too, feel the need to ridicule those who do things.

What's any different from theming your phone then it its from changing themes and desktops on your computer? Not to mention it's so broad you may as well make fun of the entire digital artist (or just artist artists) our web designer community. It's criticism for the sake of criticism and fanboyism at it's worst.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Apps posted:

Best or worst troll ever. Then I looked at your rap sheet.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It's pretty hard to be an effective troll when you are forums cancer.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Web Jew.0 posted:

What theme is the first one?

1) neonSunnyside

2) fiftyfootshadow

3) black ups darkness hd

edit: this thread is now about theming iPhones!

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

tesilential posted:

1) neonSunnyside

2) fiftyfootshadow

3) black ups darkness hd

edit: this thread is now about theming iPhones!

that's cool, thanks. it'd actually be pretty cool if you start an iPhone theming thread. it's so much easier taking screenshots on iOS and all.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

Photex posted:

Finally got around to doing my home screen and lock screen.

Which theme are you using for the clock fonts?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Shadowhand00 posted:

Which theme are you using for the clock fonts?
Looks like the Beautiful Widget clock skin ANDRODena_BUff.

Apps
Oct 3, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

How is it a troll? Have you seen 60% of the screens posted in this thread? They're ridiculous.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Apps posted:

How is it a troll? Have you seen 60% of the screens posted in this thread? They're ridiculous.

What am I missing here? I think most of the layouts look pretty good. If anything, it's a good idea thread to pick and choose from. And a good place to check out new widgets or themes.

Is customization even possible on an iphone? What, can you choose a new icon or something? :laugh:

Apps
Oct 3, 2009

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Is customization even possible on an iphone? What, can you choose a new icon or something? :laugh:
:rolleyes: Thanks for proving my point.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Apps posted:

Of course it's a troll. Desktop appearances are a matter of personal taste. The same amount of people that theme iPhones have what I would call terrible taste. So either gtfo or post your Android Desktop.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
It's only a stupid feature until iOS gets widgets, then they will suddenly be cool.

Apps
Oct 3, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Of course it's a troll. Desktop appearances are a matter of personal taste. The same amount of people that theme iPhones have what I would call terrible taste. So either gtfo or post your Android Desktop.
That's the whole point retard. Read my original post. People make fun of this thread because people are making their phone screen look really ugly, not because those people happen to be Android users.

You people are dense.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
Are you trying to be banned from both Android and iPhone threads? Cause I can't help but feel that's a pretty admirable goal and you should totally reach for the stars.

Care to actually point out one of the bad ones you are referring to and a dissertation on what you'd do if you had the ability, or would your rather continue spouting nothing about a subject you have no investment in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Kipory posted:

Are you trying to be banned from both Android and iPhone threads?

Honestly, let 'em go for it. Penis measuring via rap sheets is the new hip thing.

In the spirit of keeping this thread moving I'm posting my bland set up.

Home screen. I keep everything in LP docks so It's pretty sparse. Wallpaper is CM6 native, BW in 4x1 style and emoti skin. The help widget is just for Apps.

With the introduction of notification power controls in CM6 I have zero use for power widgets on my homescreen. Yet more empty space.

I mean, just look at this empty mess!

Help me goons! Help me put USEFUL things on my desktop.
PS - CM6 lock screen music controls negate the need for a music widget.
PPS - I don't even need the FB widget. TweetDeck is better at displaying that information anyways.
PPPS - The only reason I have a Latitude widget is that my phone refuses to keep the Friend Refresh service alive without it. :(
PS x bajillion - I just realized it's 93 degrees outside and nearly November. gently caress me sideways.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Oct 30, 2010

• Locked thread