Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
There are too many good podcasts in this thread. I'll never have to time listen to 10% of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

We need some more Cyber Thug takeovers!

This. We need this right now, Mock Scockerman!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

NecronSchmecron posted:

I would even just settle for Jerry Minor. I love that guy so much.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Do you like champagne? Do you like top models?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I like rolling on dubs.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

The 1st Cyberthug was the best. He had the music in the background, it was way more interesting. "Yo, no disrespect but I don't respect you."

The 2nd one was ok but I missed the whole take-over-y aspect.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

Do you like champagne? Do you like top models?

Do you like . . .moneeeeey?

nah
Mar 16, 2009

I absolutely adored the Fitzsimmons episode of Never Not Funny, and I hate anyone that thinks otherwise :colbert:

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

bananasinpajamas posted:

I absolutely adored the Fitzsimmons episode of Never Not Funny, and I hate anyone that thinks otherwise :colbert:

But.. But I like YOU! :cry:

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

bananasinpajamas posted:

Fitzsimmons on Nerdist was really good too. People here are just crazy man.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Hahah I'm going through the CDRR archives, the anniversary episode is incredible. Bob Ducca's list of ailments had me curled on the floor, literally, seriously.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

I'm not really a fan of "Sir Dame Andrew Lloyd Webber" though. We need some more Cyber Thug takeovers!

I've never seen so much incorrectness in two sentences. If you didn't laugh at "Ga-HOOOOOLE!", you have no soul.

(also, it's a funny impression because it's more of a take-off on American perceptions of the British than an actual impression of ALW himself)

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW
I wish there was video of Paul F and Galifianakis episode. I want to see just how awkward Zach felt.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".
Joey Diaz kills on Rogan's podcast, the fetish club story had me in cramps. Too bad his own podcast is dragged down by that chick.

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie

NecronSchmecron posted:

Looks like you guys just got your wish. Although I don't see Nick Kroll on the list, so no Bobby Bottleservice.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
How can Brett Gellman be on CDRR. He had a second lifetime ban!

in all seriousness the new CDRR looks like it will be a great show.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

Majorian posted:

(also, it's a funny impression because it's more of a take-off on American perceptions of the British than an actual impression of ALW himself)

Wait! You mean to tell me that this is some sort of comedic character, performed by a professional comedian, and not actually the most famous musical composer in modern history!? Please tell me more about these so-called "take-offs".

Thanks for insulting my intelligence. All I said was that I wasn't a fan of it.

By the way, your avatar perfectly suits your smug post. I hope it's intentional.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Adding to the UYD stack. I started listening at episode 227 so I'm not entirely up to date, but should I start from the beginning?

Astroturf Neckbeard
Jan 10, 2007
straight to video

The Entire Universe posted:

Adding to the UYD stack. I started listening at episode 227 so I'm not entirely up to date, but should I start from the beginning?

I started listening to UYD from episode one about three days ago. I'm 14 episodes in now, and it's all pretty funny stuff. Some of the bits they do make me laugh every time, even though I know exactly what's coming.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

The_Rob posted:

How can Brett Gellman be on CDRR. He had a second lifetime ban!

in all seriousness the new CDRR looks like it will be a great show.

We asked for Jerry Minor and good sir Scottrick provided.

ChirpChirpCheep
Apr 22, 2008
Hey, for people who are on the fence about the Best Show (or want to check it out but don't want to invest three hours)- they have a podcast on Itunes called "Best Show Gems" which is individual "bits" from the Best Show. It's mostly Wuster stuff but it is really good for getting a feel for the general tone of the show. It is also really good for people who love the best show but haven't had the time/inclination to go through all the archives.

sim
Sep 24, 2003

I started listening at episode 227 so I'm not entirely up to date, but should I start from the beginning?
Yes. I almost never laugh at UYD as much as I do listening to CDRR, but for some reason they are just on point. Its not the kind of show that would have "top ten moments", but every episode is solidly entertaining. Even the 5 year old stuff that seems like it should be outdated, still feels fresh. Definitely don't skip on the archive.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

Wait! You mean to tell me that this is some sort of comedic character, performed by a professional comedian, and not actually the most famous musical composer in modern history!? Please tell me more about these so-called "take-offs".

No, retard, I'm saying it's meant to be more of an absurdist joke than an actual impression of the man himself. Calm down.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

Absolutely, it's by far the best podcast out there and they don't resort to lame morning zoo crew antics or zany characters. I recently started listening to the archives, and I forgot how good Jahnathan's Poetry readings are.

:mad: Seth: What the gently caress are vulture children!?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I'm so glad Scott still said "What's Up Hot Dog" to open the halloween show. I love What's Up Hot Dog.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

I was laughing on the streets of Manhattan like an idiot today listening to that episode of CDR. I mean talk about all over the place! Love the suicide house guys and the ghost boy thing. Even liked the Monster gently caress song but I feel like they did that bit before? Anyway, Ep 77 of CDR is awesome.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
It blows my mind that Miles Archer is a white dude: http://www.earwolf.com/guest/sean-dickerson

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
The new Nerdist is out, with guest Brian Posehn! About time they got him or her on the show, he or she is the perfect guest.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

CharlesWillisMaddox posted:

The new Nerdist is out, with guest Brian Posehn! About time they got him or her on the show, he or she is the perfect guest.

It has a bunch or really laugh out loud moments to. The blurb about all of them playing D&D together and Patton's drunk dwarf songs had me giggling.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

It blows my mind that Miles Archer is a white dude: http://www.earwolf.com/guest/sean-dickerson

My mind is blown good sir.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Yeah, I would have never guessed that. He sounds a lot like Charlie Murphy. Color my ears color-fooled I guess. Great episode.

King Lou fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Oct 27, 2010

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

NecronSchmecron posted:

My mind is blown good sir.

poo poo, count me in too. He's really good at the "Wu-Tang New Yorker" accent

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
This week's UYD was pretty strong. There was yet another cryptic tidbit about Seth's past life and his "war against Jeezo" and a lady was involved.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Majorian posted:

No, retard, I'm saying it's meant to be more of an absurdist joke than an actual impression of the man himself. Calm down.

Dame Sir ALW is actually a really good impression of Andrew Lloyd Webber.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?

NecronSchmecron posted:

I believe it was Greg Fitzsimmons. It was a pretty cringe worthy episode. Some people here liked it. I'm not a fan.

What up, primo buddy :respek:

I actually got to this episode today, it was... polarizing. At first I didn't mind but it just went on and on.

God damnit the more Andrew becomes a part of the show the harder it's going to be. He is funny and always seems to be happy :(

I have been having a backlog of all the other podcasts I listen to, have been binging hard on NNF Primo, starting at season 2.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

Majorian posted:

Yeah, as I was saying: I GET IT. What you don't seem to get is that it's a bit condescending to explain that something is an absurd joke on a show that features absurd jokes almost exclusively. And via that you backhandedly insult me by acting as if I don't know Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Mustard or Pants?

Just because I don't 100% care for it doesn't mean I don't know what it is.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
Seth's life is endlessly interesting to me. Any information on what he does outside of that one hour per week is pure gold; can't wait to listen to this weeks ep.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

redz posted:

God damnit the more Andrew becomes a part of the show the harder it's going to be. He is funny and always seems to be happy :(

It's rough. It's really rough. I almost can't hear anything before season 6. Almost... :unsmith:

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I really liked this week's WTF. Ira Glass is surprisingly guarded, and seemingly as full of self doubt as Marc is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sambafish
Sep 24, 2008

If you havin' hull problems I feel bad for you son/
I got 99 problems, but a breach ain't one/

I just came in here to post this! Is there an episode where we hear his real voice? His impression of a New York rapper is actually pretty drat authentic.

• Locked thread