Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Borrego
May 17, 2010

I need pictures!
Pictures of Greaser-Man!
God I love when Joey Diaz is on the Joe Rogan podcast. Also maybe it's because I'm a "hater". But holy gently caress Jimmy Dore and his wife made me not even finish this weeks DLM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Borrego posted:

God I love when Joey Diaz is on the Joe Rogan podcast. Also maybe it's because I'm a "hater". But holy gently caress Jimmy Dore and his wife made me not even finish this weeks DLM.

I don't see why everyone hated Jimmy Dore and his wife. They seemed like nice people who were high, and were discussing a movie that doug brought up. Why is that bad?

j8910
Apr 2, 2002

The_Rob posted:

I don't see why everyone hated Jimmy Dore and his wife. They seemed like nice people who were high, and were discussing a movie that doug brought up. Why is that bad?

I thought they were good, too. They're not crazy-funny, but they were amusing and definitely not annoying. I think people are reacting too harshly.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!
Actually, normally I'm not a fan of the two of them, but they were talking about topics of interest for me. There happens to be a movie related to this interesting topic. So they talk about it... There have been worse episodes of DLM.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I also saw some of Jimmy Dore's stand up recently, and he was a really loving funny.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!
He can be So So to ridiculously funny on NNF. I don't think I've seen a lot of his act though. I'll check it later, for sure.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Miles Archer made a couple references to "The Wire" in his awesome rap during CDR this week. :allears:

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Borrego posted:

I feel like the show really thrives on the live audience, the studio shows don't sit as well with me for some reason. And I totally agree with Jimmy Dore and Stefanee coming off like total activist weirdos when Doug brought up "Waiting for Superman", it seemed to catch Doug off guard too because he changed the subject pretty quickly.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Sock The Great posted:

I feel like the show really thrives on the live audience, the studio shows don't sit as well with me for some reason. And I totally agree with Jimmy Dore and Stefanee coming off like total activist weirdos when Doug brought up "Waiting for Superman", it seemed to catch Doug off guard too because he changed the subject pretty quickly.

No he didn't he sat there and listened, and said it was pretty interesting. I think he was caught off guard because they were giving a different viewpoint than the movie had. I also think it was a big thing for them because Dore's wife is a california school teacher. I don't understand how talking about something makes them come off as activist weirdos.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

Yeah, as I was saying: I GET IT.

When you said "not actually the most famous musical composer in modern history," you made it seem like you were unclear as to what an "impression" is. Also, given that I don't know you personally or know your podcast listening habits, I had no idea that you were well-acquainted with the show. For all I knew, you could have been a first-time listener. Thus my explaining that it's absurdist humor.

Once again, calm down. No one's trying to insult you or your intelligence here.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Oct 29, 2010

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

The_Rob posted:

I also think it was a big thing for them because Dore's wife is a california school teacher. I don't understand how talking about something makes them come off as activist weirdos.

I suspect the reaction has a lot to do with her being a woman.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Majorian posted:

Once again, calm down. No one's trying to insult you or your intelligence here.

To be fair you DID call him a retard.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Evil Agita posted:

To be fair you DID call him a retard.

...fair point.

Okay, A PRIZED MULE!, no one was initially insulting your intelligence.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
I like the Joe Rogan Show, but its annoying how Joe is the only one who is allowed to talk about dumb poo poo and tells Brian he's dumb when he says something hilarious. Brian Redban should have his own podcast, he's a hilarious guy.

Proof:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yEDJbUbyZ4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0GxV1_T7mM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbiACH_3gXY&feature=related

I don't know where else to ask, but if a mod reads this is it cool if I or someone else start a non-comedy podcast thread? Or is that too many podcast threads?

edit: Woo hoo, episode 250 of Sick & Wrong. If you haven't listened to Sick & Wrong yet, go do it. Start at episode one, other then them burping into the mics all the time, it starts out great and never falls off (they do interviews every once in a blue moon, and they are 50-50 interesting/awkward). I place it behind Uhh Yeah Dude as my favorite podcast.

CharlesWillisMaddox fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 29, 2010

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I loved the WTF with Ira Glass. I'm just getting into This American Life myself, and I really didn't know all that much about him, so it was interesting to hear his backstory. I also agree that the story Maron told about the woman he was seeing would make a pretty excellent TAL story.:laugh:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

t3ch3 posted:

Are you serious? You honestly think people didn't like the episode because she is a woman?

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

t3ch3 posted:

I always notice that any time there's a woman involved in any kind of comedy (podcast or otherwise) it's pretty much nothing but negative comments.

I'm actually a big fan of Jimmy and Steph, I find them to be hilarious and often times really informative. I like the silly humor that they do, it makes me chuckle out loud all the time.

This weeks CDR started slow (I thought) but once the ghosts and ghouls showed up it really picked up. Had me laughing almost non stop till the end, the monster mash song was great too especially the "Get the gently caress out of here" at the end.

edit:

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Are you serious? You honestly think people didn't like the episode because she is a woman?

That's pretty much the reaction to every female comedian in this thread and itunes and everywhere else. Your guess is as good as mine, but I find most of the ones on these podcasts funny and the internet seems to hate them. The female comedians that I usually dislike are the kind that talk about tampons and how men suck.

ElCondemn fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Oct 29, 2010

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

He has forum cancer for a reason.

I didn't think the DLM with the high teacher segway was that bad. It was interesting to hear the other side of the story as told by a high school teacher. It didn't have the energy of a live show but it wasn't awful. The Lenard Maltin Game was actually entertaining. I had no idea what movie they were talking about for the 15 person guess. Not the best episode but not unlistenable. I have kids of school age so that may have tempered my opinion.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Wow, I guess I haven't really noticed any anti female sentiment. I just thought she was really unfunny. I obviously can't speak for everyone, but some women, Garfunkle and Oates, Sarah Silverman, etc. have been some of my favorite podcast guests.

sambafish
Sep 24, 2008

If you havin' hull problems I feel bad for you son/
I got 99 problems, but a breach ain't one/
To anyone thinking a female comedian can't hold her own in the podcast format should check out Janet Varney's appearances on Never Not Funny. Her chemistry with Jimmy and Matt(and Andrew :() is up there with PFT's in my opinion. Her fourth season is probably the best example of this, but every episode she's been in has been is great.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!
Ok, I'll never say this to a comedian but I feel comfortable saying it here. Jon Daly pretty much isn't too funny without Nick Kroll, IMO. Never liked any of his characters, mostly cause they were boring. His Bill Cosby Bukowski was hilarious. Then he followed it up with a Boris Karloff impression of that ghoul had me floored. I'm back on board.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

I just downloaded the latest DLM and Sklar Bros. They both have Nick Swenson I'm getting a little overloaded with the obvious promo-tour rotation these guys are doing. It was Berbiglia the week before on every show. Nick, I get it, you have a new show on Comedy Central.

Still looking forward to the shows just kind of would like to not have to listen to the same dudes on 3-4 sets o shows a week.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

King Lou posted:

I just downloaded the latest DLM and Sklar Bros. They both have Nick Swenson I'm getting a little overloaded with the obvious promo-tour rotation these guys are doing. It was Berbiglia the week before on every show. Nick, I get it, you have a new show on Comedy Central.

Still looking forward to the shows just kind of would like to not have to listen to the same dudes on 3-4 sets o shows a week.

Let me guess, he said "You guys I am so drunk/high." at least thirty times, right? Or some variation of telling people how drunk he got?

But this is why you don't listen to all the morning zoo crew shows.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
This week's UYD was a real gem. Maybe the most memorable since the 2 girls 1 cup skateboard back in the 180's.

I can't believe I'm loving a black woman!

Borrego
May 17, 2010

I need pictures!
Pictures of Greaser-Man!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Wow, I guess I haven't really noticed any anti female sentiment. I just thought she was really unfunny. I obviously can't speak for everyone, but some women, Garfunkle and Oates, Sarah Silverman, etc. have been some of my favorite podcast guests.

I agree with this 100%. Although maybe it does have to do with it not having the live audience. I just found the episode to be boring and not up to par with a normal episode.

This weeks UYD was amazing as usual.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Warning: newest CDR contains Wire spoilers in the form of rap :smith:

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Anal Volcano posted:

Thanks for the heads up, I'm gonna be starting season 3 in a couple days and I've already seen one spoiler I didn't have any business seeing.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

Sock The Great posted:

This week's UYD was a real gem.

I'll say! I've been sort of bumming out at the quality of UYD in recent days. And this is coming from someone who got their Christmas Stocking. So fresh! Hopefully a sign of an upturn in the show.

Marjoran posted:

...fair point.

Okay, A PRIZED MULE!, no one was initially insulting your intelligence.

No hard feelings. I accept your... sort of backhanded insult apology. :)

CharlesWillisMaddox posted:

Joe Rogan Show

I'm so down with what you're saying. One of my biggest beefs with that show is that no matter who's on, Joe says the same poo poo OVER AND OVER. Other than that it's pretty fun, especially with Joey Coco Diaz of course. And Brian could carry his own show as weird as he is.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

Borrego posted:

Also maybe it's because I'm a "hater". But holy gently caress Jimmy Dore and his wife made me not even finish this weeks DLM.

No, it was pretty rough. Even Doug seemed put off.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Anal Volcano posted:

If you're seriously bothered by someone talking about minor characters on a show that's been over for a couple years being killed then you probably shouldn't listen to anything or go on the internet. Holy poo poo.

Godspell
Jan 8, 2005
Welding is fun!

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

I'm so down with what you're saying. One of my biggest beefs with that show is that no matter who's on, Joe says the same poo poo OVER AND OVER. Other than that it's pretty fun, especially with Joey Coco Diaz of course. And Brian could carry his own show as weird as he is.

I think other than Adam Carolla, Joe puts out more hours per week than any other comedy podcast and sometimes has new guests so its impossible for him to not repeat himself sometimes. Brian is kinda funny sometimes but I really love it when Joe yells at his goofy rear end for drifting off and browsing the web. He might be able to pull off a podcast on his own but his voice sounds like the most spergy WoW addict ever.

widunder
May 2, 2002

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

I'll say! I've been sort of bumming out at the quality of UYD in recent days. And this is coming from someone who got their Christmas Stocking. So fresh! Hopefully a sign of an upturn in the show.
I know what you mean, but the last five-six episodes have really been vintage form. Hell, they even went back to some segments. I wonder if it was a thought out decision.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Godspell posted:

his voice sounds like the most spergy WoW addict ever.

This bad? http://www.geekosystem.com/red-shirt-guy-world-of-warcraft/

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

RightClickSaveAs posted:

If you're seriously bothered by someone talking about minor characters on a show that's been over for a couple years being killed then you probably shouldn't listen to anything or go on the internet. Holy poo poo.

You're right. No more media for me. PAD LOCK THE WINDOWS MOM OMAR'S KISSIN DUDES

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
Dammit how many times is Nick Swardson going to be on Doug Loves Movies? I loving hate that guy. At least Chris Hardwick is there to make up for it.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
New Undead Radio is up! If you listened last week, we started a Dungeons & Dragons game with our crew, and this is part 2 of said quest!

Please take a listen, give some feedback and such.

http://www2.kisw.com/listen/category/Undead+Radio

Also available on iTunes under 'Undead Radio'

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

The newest Pod F Tompkast is out today. I loving love that guy. I could listen to him aimlessly amuse himself for hours. It's a pretty solid episode and includes Cake Boss and Gary Marshall. I just finished it on a long walk. It's great.

TransatlanticFoe
Mar 1, 2003

Hell Gem
What impressions does PFT have left for the Tompkast? As far as I can remember he's exhausted his repertoire from what he's used on CDR.

j8910
Apr 2, 2002

TransatlanticFoe posted:

What impressions does PFT have left for the Tompkast? As far as I can remember he's exhausted his repertoire from what he's used on CDR.

Mr Brainwash. Or he could think up another one, he's pretty versatile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubber Biscuit
Jan 21, 2007

Yeah, I was in the shit.
Good stuff, but this thread has kind of developed into 'let's discuss new episodes of the same 2/3 podcasts'.

Whoever suggested The Podcast Eating Contest, thank you so much for that. :)

• Locked thread