Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
In the past events, people just posted the link in the thread without any issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Bathroom
Dec 18, 2006

Master cylinder pants!
Awesome show. I dunno if we can post the link, but I'd say that the website (https://www.rifftrax.com) is definitely haunted.

gently caress that paper bag. What the hell.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Behonkiss posted:

I want to see this bizarre short everyone's talking about.

There are actually two bizarre shorts. The first one is about a witch who appears in the grocery store to force everyone to buy cheaper and more awful products. Like how much money you could save on powder milk in comparison to regular milk. Also features one of the stupidest looking kids in any Rifftrax short.

The other one is, like I said, like a drug-fueled remake of Case of Spring Fever. With Spring Fever, when you get past the silly idea of doing a short about how great springs are, it's a harmless and even competent short. In a cartoony way, it kind of works. The Paper and I takes all the same ideas but goes out of its way making it ten times crazier. I really can't understand what they were thinking when they made it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
What struck me about the paper short was that it just kept going. They'd made their point 1/3rd of the way in, but apparently were required to make more.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Show was great! Saw it from the Belcourt, where they were broadcasting from. Got the Riffers' autographs after the showing, suggested they do a riff of The Unborn.

The paper thing was weird. They showed the bag deteriorating by making it age, then the kid goes Kevorkian on its rear end and puts it out of its misery.

Moscow Mule
Dec 21, 2004

Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.
Don't respect paper, do they? We'll show them. We'll show them all.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

DarkPrime posted:

I missed the digital goodies link. If nobody wants to post it, can someone PM it to me?
https://www.rifftrax.com/haunted

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
Had an absolute blast tonight. I never get tired of the maid-on-wheels.

Also, Kevin's 'House on Haunted Hill' song is wonderfully catchy.

Zero_Tactility fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Oct 29, 2010

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

That was just fantastic. At a couple of points, I laughed so much I got lightheaded.

And both of those shorts were utterly insane. That goddamn paper bag will be in my dreams, I just know it... :gonk:

NickThorn posted:

Can someone explain the Rothlesburger joke :( I am not man enough to get it.

For all your Roethlisberger filth-information needs:

http://deadspin.com/tag/benroethlisberger/

Dr_Strangelove fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Oct 29, 2010

IceNiner
Jun 11, 2008
I liked that last event (Reefer Madness) better, but this one had almost an entirely full theater where as the last event was about 2/3 full. Unfortunately after me and my gf sat down a loving Harry Knowels clone sat behind us and immediately began mouthbreathing. He also must have been into D&D because he was casting one mean +3 Stinking Cloud spell around him.

I failed my saving throw. :(

Still, I think I will be haunted by dreams of Lynchian talking paper bags for some time to come. Can't wait for the next one.

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

"Whoa, insta-boner!"

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

I couldn't find the Paper and I short online anywhere. Guess I'll have to wait til they officially release it. :)

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
For some reason I still crack up thinking of the extended Lllllllllllllllllllllllladies. What is that originally from?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Golbez posted:

For some reason I still crack up thinking of the extended Lllllllllllllllllllllllladies. What is that originally from?

The Twilight rifftrax.

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

GreenNight posted:

The Twilight rifftrax.

It must've been from before that. It's a staple riff.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think one of my favorite bits from last night's show was Kevin being "fired" and Paul F Thompkins replacing him for exactly two riffs.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

I think one of my favorite bits from last night's show was Kevin being "fired" and Paul F Thompkins replacing him for exactly two riffs.
This must be the souse on haunted hill?

The ladies line was great, although the biggest laugh in my theater was the kool-aid ma-OH YEAH. The best riff was Vincent Price donating his preserved mustache to Bob Dylan.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
Hmm, beard completer!

The 19th Person
Sep 26, 2010

The devious DARKBRINGER plans to dominate first Lightbringer, and then the entire Midwest!
I don't think there was a scene with Vance: The Head Injury Test Pilot that was not funny.

"And this room leads to ANOTHER ROOM! This house is a labyrinth!"

Also: "When I'm scared I stop knowing things.", "I'm scared so I may forget how to know how to knock."

That being said, the long drawn out joke about mirror scares in horror movies wasn't that funny.

The 19th Person fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 29, 2010

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I kindof want a Vincent Price shirt that informs people to get their crunk on. And seconding the drawn-out mirror thing (even if I hate the mirror cliche in any movie).

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

The content of the story wasn't that funny but the delivery was great. <3 PFT

BloodDesk UnderHell
Sep 24, 2007

Wow! He licks good boot!
Besides the title card I mentioned earlier I think my favorite gag of the night was when Willie got up to give his paper speech and one of the guys made a LF rant.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I had a blast at this one. The audience was even better than for Reefer Madness. One thing that still plagues me - I can't for the life of me find the Grass short from before Reefer Madness anywhere on the net. Does anyone know where to find it, or if they have any plans of releasing it on the Rifftrax site anytime? I still think it's the best thing I've seen them do.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's a Facebook poll up asking if people want the Live shows on Blu Ray. Apparently they recorded the shows in HD.

Prof. Numbers
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a genius! *ow*

muscles like this? posted:

There's a Facebook poll up asking if people want the Live shows on Blu Ray.

I don't. The movie won't look any better, I don't want to see every pore in the crew's faces, and I really don't want to see every pore in the audience's faces.

EL Skirvo
Jun 17, 2006

I think Doctor Thunder is probably the best modeler alive today, I just really love all his work.
Rats, I missed out on this last one, and it's probably too late for a reprise I'm thinking. I don't see anything on the rifftrax site, anyone know if they've already done one?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

EL Skirvo posted:

Rats, I missed out on this last one, and it's probably too late for a reprise I'm thinking. I don't see anything on the rifftrax site, anyone know if they've already done one?

I don't think they did an encore of this one for some reason.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
So, High School Musical.

Good riffing, but what the gently caress piece of poo poo movie is this?

CoolZidane
Jun 24, 2008

Mister Kingdom posted:

So, High School Musical.

A piece of poo poo movie that spawned two sequels.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mister Kingdom posted:

So, High School Musical.

You're being way too hard on it. I expected a really godawful piece of poo poo and got a garden variety, mediocre made for TV kids movie by Disney. Twilight is a billion times worse. Hell, I'd say HSM is one of the least bad movies they've done. It's just...blah.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
HSM was really hard to sit through, but the riff was good enough that it was manageable. One of the better riffs I think.

Eclipse's DVD comes out one month from today. So we should be seeing the talks for that coming soon.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
I'm kind of hoping for Harry Potter 5, with 7.1 due out this month.

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes

Vicissitude posted:

I'm kind of hoping for Harry Potter 5, with 7.1 due out this month.

Yeah the Harry Potter riffs have been consistently excellent.

"WE MUST ANNEX THE SUDETENLAND!"

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
Moody: "I'm here because Dumbledore asked me. End of story. Good-bye. The End! Any questions?"

Bill: "Ah, yes, uh, *bleep* magnets, how do they work?!"

will never, ever not be hilarious. I will never know what is said for the thirty seconds following that remark because I will be laughing too hard

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

CoolZidane posted:

A piece of poo poo movie that spawned two sequels.

Are pre-teen girls really that huge a demographic? I can't imagine any male of any age liking that movie to the point of wanting to see a sequel.

Actually... Hannah Montana... apparently yes.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Double Bill posted:

Are pre-teen girls really that huge a demographic? I can't imagine any male of any age liking that movie to the point of wanting to see a sequel.

Actually... Hannah Montana... apparently yes.

Pre-teen girls are bred for the exact purpose of being a target demographic.

Fist of Fury
Dec 3, 2004

THIS TITLE CAN'T POSSIBLY BE AS OBNOXIOUS AS MY POSTS
I don't usually care for "Rifftrax Presents" (i.e. riffs that do NOT have some combination of Mike, Kevin, and Bill) but the Jaws 3 one is pretty godamned funny. The riff itself was just 3 bucks, Jaws 3 the movie is *free* if you have Netflix or 3 dollars shipped for a DVD if you don't...I figured what was there to lose?

Anyway, after that positive experience I'm currently looking into some other Presents stuff featuring the same two riffers, that I might have overlooked before. Lost Boys is looking like a good bet right now.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Fist of Fury posted:

I don't usually care for "Rifftrax Presents" (i.e. riffs that do NOT have some combination of Mike, Kevin, and Bill) but the Jaws 3 one is pretty godamned funny. The riff itself was just 3 bucks, Jaws 3 the movie is *free* if you have Netflix or 3 dollars shipped for a DVD if you don't...I figured what was there to lose?

Anyway, after that positive experience I'm currently looking into some other Presents stuff featuring the same two riffers, that I might have overlooked before. Lost Boys is looking like a good bet right now.

Stratton and Varney are usually pretty good. You should definitely check their other riffs.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Mister Kingdom posted:

So, High School Musical.

I couldn't get enough of everything in the movie that real high schools aren't.

*On a tiny section of easily accessible roof filled with flowers and vines and crap*

"Schools have these! :downs:"

"Where should my head be? Get get get get my head in the what?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
what are some good ones, I just heard Clash of the Titans, it was pretty funny and that movie was pretty awful for such a big blockbuster epic

• Locked thread