Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005
The preview for chapter 316 is out. Looks like this is going in an interesting direction!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
It's that time of the year again, for the 316th time.

Question is, will the nature of the armor change in any substantial way due to direct contact with the child-spirit-thing, or will it just be another case of Deus Ex Guts-snaps-out-of-it? I guess we'll see in a few weeks.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Is this an elf? At what point/chapter in the Kushan invasion did this spirit thing appear?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

MoaM posted:

Is this an elf? At what point/chapter in the Kushan invasion did this spirit thing appear?

It's not a spirit, it's his and Caska's kid. You remember at the beach? Yeaaah. It's their kid, or whatever was left of it when its cursed existence became part of Femto's Griffith avatar.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

MoaM posted:

chapter 238

Revolute
Aug 2, 2007

we've got our peace of mind

Zorak posted:

It's not a spirit, it's his and Caska's kid. You remember at the beach? Yeaaah. It's their kid, or whatever was left of it when its cursed existence became part of Femto's Griffith avatar.

That's what I think too. And it'll definitely allow Guts to regain his consciousness, but will Caska be able to keep hold of it afterwards or will it disappear again? :iiam:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is 316 hosted on any online readers?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
It looked like The Beast finally broke free on the last page. Which means we're probably going to see some kind of permanent resolution to the problem of the Berserk armor, or at least one that keeps it under control until some heavy-duty psychological trauma, like if if Schierke gets burnt at the stake or something.

Poor pirates, though. They can't catch a break. They're almost as unlucky as Adon.

wutz
Oct 23, 2010

Cbouncerrun posted:

i'll upload it to somemanga soon, unless somebody else who already has it wants to do it

wutz
Oct 23, 2010

berserk 316

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Cbouncerrun posted:

Download UTorrent. It's a small program that'll allow you to download torrents.
Download CDisplay. It's a program that allows you to view images in compressed files like zips and the like.
Download the Torrent.
Use the torrent in Utorrent. I've got a terrible, British, connection and it downloaded in like a minute.

There. Now you'll never have to be involved in the shady affairs of Online Manga Readers again.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

OnimaruXLR posted:

It looked like The Beast finally broke free on the last page. Which means we're probably going to see some kind of permanent resolution to the problem of the Berserk armor, or at least one that keeps it under control until some heavy-duty psychological trauma, like if if Schierke gets burnt at the stake or something.

Poor pirates, though. They can't catch a break. They're almost as unlucky as Adon.

That wasn't the last page. Keep reading.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Revolute posted:

That's what I think too. And it'll definitely allow Guts to regain his consciousness, but will Caska be able to keep hold of it afterwards or will it disappear again? :iiam:

More than likely she won't. The child only appears during full moons after the false eclipse. If I recall, he only showed up at the full moon and may very well have been born on a full moon.

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

People with emotional and trust issues
really piss me off.

"Daddy's getting angry again."

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

This is the chapter I was waiting all year for :(

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
I really hope that half-mermaid girl joins the party. She's so :downs: in a great way. I don't want to see her get cut up by Guts.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Berserk: So I was getting my nihilism worked up for nothing?!

Zorak please change this to the thread title if the new series is just a promotion for a new volume.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

ArchDemon posted:

"Daddy's getting angry again."

Exactly how I felt. The beast conflict is getting stale. Something needs to be resolved.

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005

temple posted:

Exactly how I felt. The beast conflict is getting stale. Something needs to be resolved.

I'm hoping that's the purpose Miura has for this little island battle, we can get some resolution for Guts before heading to the elf island or whatever. Then we can get resolution for Caska. Well, we'll see.

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

really piss me off.

GoldenNugget posted:

I really hope that half-mermaid girl joins the party. She's so :downs: in a great way. I don't want to see her get cut up by Guts.

The second you saw the water nymphs around her you knew she was going to join them. It also provides some hilarious love triangle possibilities for the younger part of the party.

She'll probably even be the vessel which allows them to reach the elf island. No storms sweeping you off path when you have a water god on your ship.

Oh, PS, did anyone else see the "continues November 12th" bit?

:O

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I'm planning to re-read Berserk from the start, but I really don't want to re-downloaded all of those stupid scans. Can someone tell me how far along Dark Horses's Berserk run is compared to the released scans?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

obi_ant posted:

I'm planning to re-read Berserk from the start, but I really don't want to re-downloaded all of those stupid scans. Can someone tell me how far along Dark Horses's Berserk run is compared to the released scans?

It's pretty much caught up at this point.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Zorak posted:

It's pretty much caught up at this point.

Oh that's great news. I think I'm gonna pick up the whole lot in a week or so. Would $6.34 per book be too much?

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

obi_ant posted:

Oh that's great news. I think I'm gonna pick up the whole lot in a week or so. Would $6.34 per book be too much?

Considering I paid between $10 and $14 for each one, and there are 34 volumes out, that's really not a bad deal.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

obi_ant posted:

Jesus Christ, where are you getting them from? That's like £4 a book!

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
317 raw has shown up online, with another chapter coming on the 26th.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

But Christmas isn't till next month!

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

really piss me off.

Holy poo poo he finally ran out of money.

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005
It's still only 3 episodes. Doesn't he always do 3 in a row, then take a break?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Jimmybob posted:

It's usually only 2 at most, so 3 means his housekeeper is demanding a raise.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby

Jimmybob posted:

I've only been reading it as it's released since the start of this year, but that's how it's been.

I think there was a cluster of 3 early in the year, maybe overlapping with 2010, then 3 around late summer, then at least the 3 now.

Still, I think he only did 8 chapters in 2010 so maybe things are looking up, especially with a new anime on the way? I don't know, I'm not doing anything to get my hopes up about more consistent releases, especially since I haven't experienced it much yet.

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

This is number nine right? I think the low point was six chapters in one year, so we're well ahead of the game now. However, I'd be really drat surprised if we got anymore before the year is up.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Bro Dad posted:

It's usually only 2 at most, so 3 means his housekeeper is demanding a raise.

Actually, I just checked wikipedia because I had a sneaking suspicion, and I was right.

"The Idolmaster 2 was announced at the Idolmaster's 5th anniversary concert, and it is going to be released exclusively for Xbox 360 in 2011."

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I found 317 so here's a summary for anyone who doesn't wanna wait for the scanlation
Thanks to Moon-Boy, Guts is able to resist against the armor long enough for Schierke to jump on his back and snap him out of it. The gang marvels at the kid showing up again, and Schierke remarks about how last time he showed up, it was during a full moon and we all know full moon=crazy magic poo poo. Guts realizes that the kid was the one who reached out to his consciousness before it was swallowed up by the Beast's od, but the kid ain't talking.

Isma officially joins the group, for the time being at least. She cries about being the sole survivor of the island. I hope we don't have to wait too long until her nature as a super fish or whatever gets out on front street.

Guts wants to wrap things up with the pirates before they depart, so Schierke is going to project herself astrally with him so he can keep the armor under control while...Farny casts the protective circle!? I uh, I don't know if that's a good idea.

Y'know, regarding the future of this book and where the climax might be headed I just realized between magi being somehow antithetical to Griffith's new world order, Isma being some kind of non-Godhand related fish princess demigod thing, and now with Moon-Boy joining up agains, at least temporarily, we have a perfectly good suite of reasons for Griffith to come after Guts this time, instead of the other way around.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

OnimaruXLR posted:

Y'know, regarding the future of this book and where the climax might be headed I just realized between magi being somehow antithetical to Griffith's new world order, Isma being some kind of non-Godhand related fish princess demigod thing, and now with Moon-Boy joining up agains, at least temporarily, we have a perfectly good suite of reasons for Griffith to come after Guts this time, instead of the other way around.

Thank you for posting this! Isma doesn't really do much for me, but I'm really excited about the return of the Moon Child. I've been waiting for him to show again since the first time he appeared! Guts and Caska's relationship has always been the thing keeping me locked into Berserk, and I think that if Guts truly wants Caska back, Moon-child might be a big help. He just wants his parents! :3:

I do wonder why he he's only able to manifest (or whatever) when the moon is full. I know the moon is supposed to have crazy supernatural powers in just about any culture, but I'd like an official reason that links his appearances, instead of "The moon is magic!". Especially in light of the creepy demon fetus that shows up whenever it pleases.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
hi here is #317

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
Great chapter! I really like the banter. And Isma is joining the crew! Yay!

So that light/naked kid is guts and casca's son?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
I like how Miura brought attention to Puck's "pet Behelit" again this chapter. Keeping it relevant so you don't forget about it.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Zorak posted:

I like how Miura brought attention to Puck's "pet Behelit" again this chapter. Keeping it relevant so you don't forget about it.

Where is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Where is that?

Bottom of one of the last pages, Guts is picking up a backpack with his sword and Puck is patting it.