Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

ynotony posted:

Take this picture again with a helmet on the mask.

I was thinking, take a picture with the mask on the helmet. A bunch of the streetfighter people have customized helmets with masks. I seem to remember a Predator helmet.

But they're fuckin weird anyway.

e: Here it is -> http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showpost.php?p=89977&postcount=28

KozmoNaut posted:

giant sidestand

It's a frankenbike of odd stuff like that. I remember being terrified riding it when it still had that springer front end on it, because look at that front brake.

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Oct 31, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.
Mythbusters test the S1000RR tablecloth trick. It's really interesting, and I never knew Jamie rode motorcycles nevermind a Buell 1125R.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jpVECawW6A&feature=player_embedded

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/10/28/mythbusters-put-the-motorcycle-tablecloth-trick-to-the-test/#continued
^^All the parts

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
Just got my first bike, 2007 ninja 250R

Click here for the full 2000x1500 image.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Not a bad first bike. Stick with it for about 6 months then upgrade to a 600 something :v:

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~

Christoff posted:

Not a bad first bike. Stick with it for about 6 months then upgrade to a 600 something :v:

haha my dad said the same thing . He was like "get a real cheap one cause in a couple months you're gonna want something faster"

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

I went from a 250 to a 1000, and wish I had kept the 250. You flog the poo poo out of the 250 and still be doing 60. A flogged 1k puts your somewhere between lightspeed and plaid.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

NeuralSpark posted:

I went from a 250 to a 1000, and wish I had kept the 250. You flog the poo poo out of the 250 and still be doing 60. A flogged 1k puts your somewhere between lightspeed and plaid.

Isn't that good though? I hear this absolutely everywhere on this forum that people would rather be on a 250 than a supersport, but is it really that true?

On my trip to California, I hopped on my buddy's Ninja 250 and he took my GSXR for a few miles, and I couldn't wait to get back on my rocket ship. Sure, the 250 might be better in pure twsties, being a lot lighter and nimbler (seriously just fell into them) but for the rest of the time, it kind've sucks. Its lovely on the highway, its sketchier passing people, and when you want to feel that rush of getting sucked off the back of the bike, it doesn't have it.

Then again, I've never tried a literbike, so maybe a 600/750 is a happy medium.

Edit: Here's a picture of it looking all sad that it's being put away/for sale :(

Now with more sadness :smith:

MrZig fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 31, 2010

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Got a little dressed up for halloween, of course it didn't help anyone see me and I had a few more close calls than normal with cagers. Later I went out in a cow suit as well but I didn't snap any shots for it.

Click here for the full 1632x1224 image.

Also the second beast.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Nov 3, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

If you want that balance of speed, fun, and nimbleness you can just go to the dark side and get a Super Moto :v:

I still can't comprehend a 1000 for street use. Where and when would you need that much power? My 750 gsxr was ridiculous.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

MrZig posted:

Then again, I've never tried a literbike, so maybe a 600/750 is a happy medium.

It can be for some. I've realized my happy medium is an SV650 so its the bike I'm aiming to buy. I ride a 65hp KZ650 UJM that weighs 420lbs dry. I'm very happy with the bike but there are areas I'd like to improve.

I rode a naked SV650 and it fixes all the things I'd improve on my current bike. It has a lighter dry weight, far better handling, and just enough additional power to keep things fun without getting absurd. I honestly can't see myself wanting anything more for my day to day street riding. What an excellent all-rounder.

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

MrZig posted:

Mythbusters test the S1000RR tablecloth trick. It's really interesting, and I never knew Jamie rode motorcycles nevermind a Buell 1125R.

Not just any 1125R. That looks to be a factory EBR racebike. No headlights, and a chain instead of the belt drive.

Apparently it's not the first Buell to seen in the show. I remember seeing one before, and some sleuthing turned up this street model in an 09 episode.

I guess Jamie is a Buell man.

Click here for the full 1024x576 image.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Stormangel posted:

I guess Jamie was a Buell man.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
EBR STILL EXISTS!

:colbert:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Stormangel posted:

Not just any 1125R. That looks to be a factory EBR racebike. No headlights, and a chain instead of the belt drive.

Apparently it's not the first Buell to seen in the show. I remember seeing one before, and some sleuthing turned up this street model in an 09 episode.

I guess Jamie is a Buell man.

Click here for the full 1024x576 image.

It's a DSB bike built by Boyd Bruner.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:
20 Large for an SR with a cafe kit on it. Jeebus, I'm in the wrong bidness:

http://jalopnik.com/5676637/james-may-buys-the-ultimate-hipster-bike

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I've walked around Dues Ex's shop. It's god drat amazing. They do beautiful work and are really awesome guys. Their stuff is really expensive sure but I don't mind, it's got some real originality behind it.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

as with everything else, you can have it done well, you can have done quick, or you can have it done cheap. Pick two.

blue vein steel
Feb 5, 2004

i am the video word made flesh

Marv Hushman posted:

20 Large for an SR with a cafe kit on it. Jeebus, I'm in the wrong bidness:

http://jalopnik.com/5676637/james-may-buys-the-ultimate-hipster-bike

cool looking but, you could buy a used thruxton, ad this tail: http://www.british-customs.com/mas-engineering-polished-aluminum-seat.html

and spend another 3 grand or so on suspension and exhaust and have an equally good looking bike that can go over 60mph

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

MrZig posted:

Isn't that good though? I hear this absolutely everywhere on this forum that people would rather be on a 250 than a supersport, but is it really that true?

On my trip to California, I hopped on my buddy's Ninja 250 and he took my GSXR for a few miles, and I couldn't wait to get back on my rocket ship. Sure, the 250 might be better in pure twsties, being a lot lighter and nimbler (seriously just fell into them) but for the rest of the time, it kind've sucks. Its lovely on the highway, its sketchier passing people, and when you want to feel that rush of getting sucked off the back of the bike, it doesn't have it.
For city riding I'd much rather be on a 250. You can literally redline every gear up to 4th or 5th without breaking any speed limits. On a supersport you can't even hit the powerband in first without breaking every speed limit in the country. I dunno, I just feel that supersports belong on the track. It seems like a "waste" to spend all day riding around town on a bike designed to win races. Or you can take it to the mountains and take the risk of flying 100 feet off a cliff or getting a $800 ticket while not even riding to its true potential.

For city riding, I'd rather be on a 250. For city riding mixed with highway riding and twisties, I'd rather be on an SV. For track use or a desire to go to jail, I'd rather be on a 600 or 750 I4. So is it true? Circumstantially, I'd say. If I had a choice between a 250 or a supersport for the rest of my life, I'd pick the 250 if I were strictly riding on public roads and the supersport if I were going to the track at all.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

If you could only have one bike for the rest of your life and you didn't pick something that would be good on a racetrack you are a complete fool

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

-Inu- posted:

If I had a choice between a 250 or a supersport for the rest of my life, I'd pick the 250 if I were strictly riding on public roads and the supersport if I were going to the track at all.

You are an odd person.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Can we stop arguing and settle on the fact that the super moto is the best for all cases. Low redline, high torque, quick, nimble, light, etc etc.

With the right rider it'll catch any sport bike in the corners. Not so much in the speed factor.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Spiffness posted:

If you could only have one bike for the rest of your life and you didn't pick something that would be good on a racetrack you are a complete fool

I'd pick a moriwaki 450. With a fork swap, you could turn it into a dirt bike, with a wheel swap, you could turn it into a supermoto, and you could have a bitchin' badass supersingle bike too.

Kyon
Dec 19, 2006

brap

Christoff posted:

Can we stop arguing and settle on the fact that the super moto is the best for all cases. Low redline, high torque, quick, nimble, light, etc etc.

With the right rider it'll catch any sport bike in the corners. Not so much in the speed factor.

Sucks if you're short and need to commute on it though :(

harm0nic
Feb 21, 2010

Click here for the full 660x494 image.

Click here for the full 660x494 image.

:hawaaaafap:

Frost
Dec 6, 2003
Don't let the Frost bite you
Did that fall out of some anime? I think that's really quite ugly and doesn't know what it wants to be.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Thats goofy as hell, and this is coming from someone who likes the B-King

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Spiffness posted:

you'd be a bigger fool to pick one that is when you have no intention of going racing.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Linedance posted:

you'd be a bigger fool to pick one that is when you have no intention of going racing.

What would be foolish is to intend to live the rest of your life without riding a motorcycle on a racetrack.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
What's foolish is this conversation.

Is it okay to post homegrown in this thread? I made a couple camera mounts for cheap and recorded some rides, I have one of a road I like from two views that I need to compress, but if we can post our rides I'd love constructive criticism.

It will be a while before I can post them up though, the container formats, mov and mpg, are around 1.5 gigs now and when I tried to compress one I ended up with a file 1.3 gigs and growing before I canceled it, so obviously I need to figure something out.

If anyone is interested in cheap mounts, I have a old bicycle reflector mount that I took the reflector off of in use as a rear camera mount, pictured below. I don't really care about the camera, it's old and the lens is a bit off so I don't mind that it's exposed.

The other one is a small pvc pipe with a threaded part on top. Cut the pipe in half, drill a hole in the cap for the screw, add some anti-slip stuff to keep your bars nice and voila.

Up next I want a suction cup mount for the back so I can see my body position.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 2, 2010

harm0nic
Feb 21, 2010

Frost posted:

Did that fall out of some anime? I think that's really quite ugly and doesn't know what it wants to be.

Ducati is apparently trying to make a cruiser modeled loosely on the V-Max.

I don't know why I like it.

blue vein steel
Feb 5, 2004

i am the video word made flesh

the Ducati Panamera :reject:

really though, is that segment really that profitable? I've never seen a B-King and only 1 new v-max parked outside a dealership.

blue vein steel fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 2, 2010

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

Kyon posted:

Sucks if you're short and need to commute on it though :(

I am 5'8" and ride a KTM 625. And my legs are proportioned normally to the rest of me.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Neckbeard v. 2.0 posted:

What's foolish is this conversation.

Is it okay to post homegrown in this thread? I made a couple camera mounts for cheap and recorded some rides, I have one of a road I like from two views that I need to compress, but if we can post our rides I'd love constructive criticism.

It will be a while before I can post them up though, the container formats, mov and mpg, are around 1.5 gigs now and when I tried to compress one I ended up with a file 1.3 gigs and growing before I canceled it, so obviously I need to figure something out.

As long as you're not going crazy track out on the street I wouldn't think it'd be a problem. Sigtrap said no street racing, so it's probably not the best thing to post up if you're running an impromptu hillclimb.

I want to see the Diavel in person before I pass too much judgement on it. With 42 degrees of available lean angle I'm pretty sure you could embarrass a lot of folks on one. More if that's when the pegs start dragging and not the frame.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Nothing more than light speeding and crossing the double yellow. The road in question runs along the top of the hills in KY for some nice sweeping turns and a few tighter ones, but the bonus of being on top of the hill is you have a clear view far around the corner. Of course I use that advantage to use both lanes if it's clear. I take it easy on most other curvy roads around me because they're all in valleys and the turns are blind.

Somewhere around here. Really beautiful ridehttp://goo.gl/maps/f5DG

Edit: Also maybe 1 or two double yellow passes :ohdear:

nsaP fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 2, 2010

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Zool posted:

What would be foolish is to intend to live the rest of your life without riding a motorcycle on a racetrack.

taking any old bike out on a track might be a bit of a laugh, but you don't need to have one that's "good" at it to have fun. And from every experience I've had on a track so far (go-karting), I'm poo poo slow and not really bothered about the fact, so I'd only be doing it for the novelty anyway. Given the choice between ragging a comfy commuter bike around a track for shits and giggles or having to ride a race bike to work every day, I'd choose the former.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

2ndclasscitizen posted:

You are an odd person.
Why is that?

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Who in their right mind would only want to ride a gutless 250 forever? Have never heard of something called torque?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

MrZig posted:

My 250 went to california and back and it didn't suck :colbert:

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Who in their right mind would only want to ride a gutless 250 forever? Have never heard of something called torque?

No honest man needs more then a 250.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

2ndclasscitizen posted:

If I were only riding on the street, I'd prefer to have a bike that I can actually ride on the street without getting locked up or killing myself. Note that I was only comparing 250's and 600 I4's.