Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Not surprisingly we have Jerry 20 years later doing his best to squander his considerable reserve of public goodwill and inadvertently shifting more post-mortem credit for all the brilliance of Seinfeld to Larry David who is still actively producing radical comedy in the year of our lord 2010.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

hall n oates mom posted:

Not surprisingly we have Jerry 20 years later doing his best to squander his considerable reserve of public goodwill and inadvertently shifting more post-mortem credit for all the brilliance of Seinfeld to Larry David who is still actively producing radical comedy in the year of our lord 2010.

I always assumed Jerry is exactly the same in real life as he is on the show.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

What has Seinfeld done lately to sully his reputation apart from make a mediocre kids movie and some half-joking remarks about Lady Gaga?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Siding with Jay Leno and making The Marriage Ref.

penis sandwich
Aug 28, 2004

have some pudding :)
Regarding the studio audience, just try to imagine Kramer sliding in and slapping his money on the counter in "The Contest" without laughter. Or George telling his story with the beached whale. It just wouldn't be the same.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
There's nothing wrong with sitcoms that are filmed in front of live audiences. I don't see how the laughing could be considered detrimental to the quality of the show in any way.

bruckner
Sep 11, 2010
in curb your enthusiasm, the awkward moments have musical cues instead of laughter, like "wah waah waah waaaahh"

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

bruckner posted:

in curb your enthusiasm, the awkward moments have musical cues instead of laughter, like "wah waah waah waaaahh"

Fuctionally, it's the same thing.
Also I always liked hearing some woman in the audience say "Oh my god!" when the bum was wearing the puffy shirt at the end of that episode.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Well you've come a long way, from Milan to Minsk

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

stratdax posted:

Fuctionally, it's the same thing.
Also I always liked hearing some woman in the audience say "Oh my god!" when the bum was wearing the puffy shirt at the end of that episode.

Yeah, reminds me of the way one of my aunts would react, classic.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

God, The Marriage Ref is terrible.

Jerry.... Jerry...

hello?

The Monarch
Jul 8, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

Believe it or not, George isn't at home
please leave a message after the tone.

Believe it or not
George isn't at home
Pleease leeave a messaage
at the beep

I must be out
Or I'd pick up the phone
Where Couuld I Bee
Believe it or not I'm not home!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pompous Rhombus posted:

God, The Marriage Ref is terrible.

Jerry.... Jerry...

hello?

Helllooooooo!!!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

scary ghost dog posted:

Helllooooooo!!!

I'm not looking if you're going to do that voice!

Crimsonjewfro
Jul 12, 2008

I can't even afford an avatar
drat, watching "The Switch" and then "The Labelmaker", in sequence, is one hilarious experience. The whole "orgy guy" discourse and George's face when he realizes what he had gotten into are priceless.

"I don't know how you pronounce it exactly..."

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Crimsonjewfro posted:

"The Switch"

"Uuuohh, you're fresh. You're very fresh. You seem very fresh to me. You're very vital. I couldn't take you any fresher."

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Crimsonjewfro posted:

drat, watching "The Switch" and then "The Labelmaker", in sequence, is one hilarious experience. The whole "orgy guy" discourse and George's face when he realizes what he had gotten into are priceless.

My dad and I quote that all the time. One of us will just go "Oh reeeeeally?" and the other will laugh.

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
So you really understand my point about building the rocket and double parking?!

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

On the one hand he's smart with rockets and on the other hand he's dumb with parking.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
"George, this is a little too much for me - escaped convicts, fugitive sex...I got a cockfight to focus on."

"The Little Jerry" is great!

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
TAMALE!

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
Oh yeah, George. I can barely see you.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I LOVE Edmund Fitzgerald's voice!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

I LOVE Edmund Fitzgerald's voice!

Yeah, and they rammed the Cat Stevens.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer

Mystic_Squid posted:

TAMALE!

Jambalaya!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Can someone help me remember the start of this quote? I want to say one of Jerry's girlfriends asked him if he ever did XYZ, or wanted to do it, and he responds:

"No...because it's so stupid."

I just love his simple and dead-sure-of-himself delivery, but I can't remember what is so stupid.

Yanni Estacado
May 3, 2007

by T. Mascis

Konec Hry posted:

Jambalaya!

Another babka?!

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"

DrBouvenstein posted:

Can someone help me remember the start of this quote? I want to say one of Jerry's girlfriends asked him if he ever did XYZ, or wanted to do it, and he responds:

"No...because it's so stupid."

I just love his simple and dead-sure-of-himself delivery, but I can't remember what is so stupid.

Jerry: "I can't believe we're going dancing."
Girlfriend: "You don't go that often?"
Jerry: "No, because it's so stupid."

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Flobbster posted:

Didn't he say something similar about... oh yeah, Elaine mentions a miniatures museum and Jerry says something like, "Everything's so small... and stupid."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

neoboman posted:

Didn't he say something similar about... oh yeah, Elaine mentions a miniatures museum and Jerry says something like, "Everything's so small... and stupid."

Which reminds me of him talking about his parents seeming smaller as he grows up, and how now he can stomp around their house holding them in his hands asking,"Why was I ever intimidated by you?"

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

DrBouvenstein posted:

That and when his girlfriend gets him the big-brimmed Amish hat before they go to Pennsylvania-Dutch country:

"Yeah... why don't you put this in the car so that I don't accidentally toss it in that dumpster over there." and she just happily walks off camera like he didn't say anything.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
She has a taint! I can't see it, but I know it's there. Maybe if I could shrink myself down like in Fantastic Voyage and get inside a microscopic submarine I could be sure. Although if there was something there it might be pretty scary.. of course I would have that laser..

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Jerry: She had man hands.

Elaine: ...Man hands?

Jerry: The hands of a man. It's like a creature out of Greek Mythology, I mean, she was like part woman, part horrible beast.

Elaine: Would you prefer it if she had no hands at all?

Jerry: Would she have hooks?

Elaine: Do hooks make it more attractive, Jerry?

Jerry: Kinda cool lookin'..

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Relayer posted:

She has a taint! I can't see it, but I know it's there. Maybe if I could shrink myself down like in Fantastic Voyage and get inside a microscopic submarine I could be sure. Although if there was something there it might be pretty scary.. of course I would have that laser..

For the life of me I thought you were making this up and was about to post and say "huh?" Then I googled and aha now I remember.

I was thinking taint as in (one's) "'tain't." I knew there was no way in hell they'd let that air.

esq
Dec 1, 2008

I'll have a white russian.
Jerry: Hey, Silvio, just out for a little stroll in my favorite fur coat.

Silvio: That is your coat?

Jerry: It sure is.

Silvio: Kramer says you need it because you're an entertainer and you're desperate for attention.

Jerry: That's true.

Crimsonjewfro
Jul 12, 2008

I can't even afford an avatar

esq posted:

Jerry: Hey, Silvio, just out for a little stroll in my favorite fur coat.

Silvio: That is your coat?

Jerry: It sure is.

Silvio: Kramer says you need it because you're an entertainer and you're desperate for attention.

Jerry: That's true.

He's a fancy boy! Want me, love me! Shower me with kisses!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Crimsonjewfro posted:

He's a fancy boy! Want me, love me! Shower me with kisses!

Muah muah muah!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

LividLiquid posted:

Those, plus his contemporary acts have been incredibly unfunny. Doesn't stop him from wallowing in the legacy and charging like 500 bucks a seat, anyway.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
If only The Marriage Ref was Jerry's idea of trolling NBC, sadly that is not the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Flobbster posted:

This highlights my problem with Jerry Seinfeld's humour. Doesn't matter what topic, Jerry thinks it's stupid. Dancing is a fun thing to do. In that book of his, he makes fun of people who work out, because they're working out so they can be in shape for the next workout. Uh no... they're working out so they can stay in shape.
Like, he misses the point on everything, and then says it's stupid. Drives me nuts.