Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoO3
Dec 30, 2000
judy bagwell on a forklift match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

What does Punk yell after he kneels during his entrance?

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
It's clobberin' time.

amplifierWORSHIP
Jul 29, 2007

you're a man. let 'em dangle.

bonesquid posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bonesquid posted:

It's Vader time.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

It's Vader time.
Speaking of Vader, was there a reason that he had such a lovely run in WWF/E? Was he injured a lot, or did he piss Vince off?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

savinhill posted:

Speaking of Vader, was there a reason that he had such a lovely run in WWF/E? Was he injured a lot, or did he piss Vince off?

He was old and out of shape (even for him)

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

savinhill posted:

This isn't based off of any facts or even any hearsay I've heard, but I'm gonna go ahead and say Shawn Michaels refused to lose to him and talked him down to Vince.

Hinoarashi
Mar 28, 2010

DannoMack posted:

This isn't based off of any facts or even any hearsay I've heard, but I'm gonna go ahead and say Shawn Michaels refused to lose to him and talked him down to Vince.

That's pretty much what I heard (not sure where): he got kliq'd.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

He had no business beating Shawn Michaels in 1996, so if there's any truth to that, then HBK was right.

Faxman
Feb 27, 2009

CSammich posted:

He had no business beating Shawn Michaels in 1996, so if there's any truth to that, then HBK was right.

Vader had no business losing any match ever. He can do a 450 lb moonsault.

...I may be a little biased since he's possibly by favorite wrestler of all time.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

CSammich posted:

I agree. However, the match he had with Shawn at Summerslam that year, despite being really oddly booked, was fantastic.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CSammich posted:

Why? Shawn wasn't drawing flies in 96, Vader had a chance to come in as a dominant monster and line up as a great opponent for Shawn to chase.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
I'm trying to think of who the best wrestlers are in kayfabe. Say in the last ten years of the WWE it'd be like this

1. Goldberg
2. Lesnar
3. Cena
4. Angle
5. Undertaker
6. Batista
7. Benoit
8. Triple H
9. HBK
10. Edge

What would be the top 10 in 90s wwf or wcw? I didn't watch wrestling back then.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No Orton?

EDIT: Or Mysterio?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

MassRayPer posted:

Why? Shawn wasn't drawing flies in 96, Vader had a chance to come in as a dominant monster and line up as a great opponent for Shawn to chase.

You may be right, but up until Triple H (and with the exception of Yokozuna) Vince was always more into the face fending off heels than the face chasing the heel as far as long term champs went.

As for Yoko, I'm pretty sure he held it as long as he did because Luger (and maybe to a lesser extent, Crush) never caught on as a "replacement Hogan".

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Going on a tangent about odd booking, what is the single most overbooked match ever?

I know Raven vs. Jarrett is at the very least a top contender.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tonfa posted:

Going on a tangent about odd booking, what is the single most overbooked match ever?

Jeff Hardy vs Kurt Angle.

WE'LL GIVE YOU TEN MORE MINUTES!

TEN MORE MINUTES!

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Endorph posted:

No Orton?

EDIT: Or Mysterio?

They've been beaten more frequently by everyone else (i.e. Angle, Edge, Cena, Undertaker, Triple H, Lesnar) I wanted to end it at ten

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Tonfa posted:

It has to be one of the Russo booked matches in his WCW days. Off the top of my head I can remember there being a match with Misfits in Action where General Rection's senior citizen father wandered to ringside, was attacked, and Major Gunns had to give him mouth to mouth. I don't remember the in ring specifics, but for those days, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a six man tag with multiple run ins, ref bumps and stips.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Tonfa posted:

If you mean one-on-one matches

Goldberg vs Raven had like four guys run in
Austin vs McMahon had Foley as a referee and stooges as time/bell

Match type the fight for the right tournament was really bad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ecMf_8J2lo#t=0m32s

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
HHH v the Rock from Backlash 2000 involved, in some way or another, Vince, Shane, Patterson, Brisco, Stone Cold, Linda and Earl Hebner. Hell of a match though.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA
Is John Cena bisexual?

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

Yes.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Has any wrestler in a promo made fun of HHH preferring masculine, muscular women?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

savinhill posted:

Has any wrestler in a promo made fun of HHH preferring masculine, muscular women?

I don't think him and Chyna were a couple on screen and Steph was only masculine for a little while when she seemed to be roided up (I remember her looking weird during the whole Zack Gowen thing).

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

savinhill posted:

Todd Pettingill, of all people, did at the '97 Slammy Awards.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Tonfa posted:

I'm nominating Pitbulls vs. Raven & Stevie Richards, 2/3 falls double dog collar match. I don't even know if I can summarize all of it. Run-ins included Beulah, Francine, the Dudleys, Dreamer, Bill Alfonso, Tod Gordon, Big Dick Dudley, and 911.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Didn't Dreamer even get the pin?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Didn't Dreamer even get the pin?

He got A pin. Then Fonzie overturned it.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Wouldn't the casket match at Rumble 94 take the overbooking trophy?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

The Croc posted:

Wouldn't the casket match at Rumble 94 take the overbooking trophy?

Not as bad as some of the other ones mentioned.

Horse Pepsi
Aug 26, 2010

by T. Finn

Web Jew.0 posted:

If you mean one-on-one matches

Austin vs McMahon had Foley as a referee and stooges as time/bell
At least the overbooking made sense v:shobon:v

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The first Buried Alive match from In Your House 11 was pretty overbooked, too. Beyond the outrageous nature of the match, I remember a bunch of heels ran out to bury Taker... HHH, JBL (who was Justin Hawk Bradshaw then), Goldust, Crush I think, maybe some more too.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

DannoMack posted:

Pretty much, although I don't think Vader was ever in line to win the belt. Jim Cornette has said that HBK would bitch to Vince and tell him Vader didn't know how to work because he didn't like the stiffer, Japanese style.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Rhyno vs. Kid Kash for the TV Title?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et2yeNCF1KI

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Nov 1, 2010

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Shane McMahon vs. Vince McMahon from WrestleMania 17 is pretty drat overbooked, but it worked due to the storyline of the match. It has interference from Stephanie, Linda McMahon, and Trish Stratus, guest referee Mick Foley gets involved, and Shane wins by pulling out the Van Terminator.

Actually, now that I think about it, pretty much every Vince match is wildly overbooked. But they're also mostly awesome too.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Derek Agony posted:

HHH v the Rock from Backlash 2000 involved, in some way or another, Vince, Shane, Patterson, Brisco, Stone Cold, Linda and Earl Hebner. Hell of a match though.

Why that match and ending did not main event Wrestlemania 2000 is beyond me. Instead we get a clusterfuck with Triple H retaining (yay?).

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

TL posted:

Shane McMahon vs. Vince McMahon from WrestleMania 17 is pretty drat overbooked, but it worked due to the storyline of the match. It has interference from Stephanie, Linda McMahon, and Trish Stratus, guest referee Mick Foley gets involved, and Shane wins by pulling out the Van Terminator.

Actually, now that I think about it, pretty much every Vince match is wildly overbooked. But they're also mostly awesome too.

Vince matches are wildly overbooked because Vince is not really a good wrestler. :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faxman
Feb 27, 2009

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Vince matches are wildly overbooked because Vince is not really a good wrestler. :ssh:

He's pretty good at getting hit with a chair for 10 straight minutes though