Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

wicked-tribe posted:

The movie I need help with was an older (maybe 1960s) horror anthology. One of the stories in the movie had a man drive through some fog into a village. The man falls in love with a woman and has problems leaving and when he finally leaves with the woman she dies because she can only live in the village. When I was young I remember this terrifying me. Halloween is tomorrow and I would love to watch this movie tonight please help!

I'm 98% sure that's one of the stories in The Monster Club:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081178/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicked-tribe
Jun 9, 2004

zombieman posted:

I'm 98% sure that's one of the stories in The Monster Club:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081178/

That is it! Thank you so much!

sursumdeorsum
Jan 10, 2010
I remember seeing a film about 10 years ago, I can only remember one sequence from it, and I believe it had to be a horror film.

Basically this chick is taking a shower and the water becomes scalding hot while in stereo the shower door locks so she cant get out, I assumed the house was alive rather than a it being a ghost, but I'm not sure. That's all I can really remember, I think they may have burned the house down at the end, but I'm not sure.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

march_of_flames posted:

Ah yes, I've found it on iMBD at your mention. It's Amityville IV, which, incidentally, has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the movies except for the lamp I mentioned, which happens to be possessed and was in the old house. iMDB ratings say it's terrible, but I'm going to try to find it anyway.

Thanks!

If that's the one I remember, it does have some interesting bits that stick with you.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

sursumdeorsum posted:

I remember seeing a film about 10 years ago, I can only remember one sequence from it, and I believe it had to be a horror film.

Basically this chick is taking a shower and the water becomes scalding hot while in stereo the shower door locks so she cant get out, I assumed the house was alive rather than a it being a ghost, but I'm not sure. That's all I can really remember, I think they may have burned the house down at the end, but I'm not sure.

Hm, locking shower door sounds like either Witchboard, Pulse, or maybe House 4 if I'm not misremembering.

Edit: This Pulse, considering there are many of them.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095924/

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
probably Pulse with Joey Lawrence
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095924/

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
I'm trying to remember the title of a Halloween cartoon I saw about 15 years ago. It's about a bunch of kids who have a friend who dies, so they go to the land of the dead to look for him (or something like that, I can't remember). In the end they strike a deal with the grim reaper (or some sinister looking guy): each of the kids grants the dead boy five years of their lives in order to bring him back. This "gift" is represented by an apple. That's as much as I can remember.

sursumdeorsum
Jan 10, 2010
Pulse is totally it! Thanks guys, you rock.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Spermando posted:

I'm trying to remember the title of a Halloween cartoon I saw about 15 years ago. It's about a bunch of kids who have a friend who dies, so they go to the land of the dead to look for him (or something like that, I can't remember). In the end they strike a deal with the grim reaper (or some sinister looking guy): each of the kids grants the dead boy five years of their lives in order to bring him back. This "gift" is represented by an apple. That's as much as I can remember.

Could it be The Halloween Tree?

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Yes, that's it. Thanks. Unsurprisingly, the plot is a lot different than my recollection.

VampireRobot
Apr 4, 2004
I've got two and only really vague hazy memories of them from when i was a kid.

1. My mom used to show me this weird horror movie when I was a kid. I think there might have even been a sequel or even maybe a series. It was sort of a monster movie, where the monster was a severed hand. As far as i can remember, the hand would roam around and cause all kinds of trouble and kill people and stuff. I think the hand was pretty gross-looking too.

2. This one is even more vague. I think I saw this late one night on TV while I was watching alone. It seemed like it was sort of psychedelic and there were lots of characters with long hair and beards, so I think it might have been from the 70's. This too was some kind of horror movie. i THINK that the main characters were actors in a play, or were trying to put on some kind of production. Or, it might have just been some kind of dinner party. The main thing that I remember about it was that there was some kind of object or something, i think, and when people looked into it, all of a sudden they were being hypnotized by this evil-looking dude's face that may or may not have had red glowing eyes. I believe this face also had long brown hair and a beard or mustache. From what I can remember, people would become possessed after seeing this face, or else hypnotized. Then they either died or killed someone else. All I remember is that something bad went down. The main thing I remember of the movie is just that there was a group of people and they were being terrorized by this evil face that was trying to hypnotize or possess them.

Sorry, just thought of one more!

3. This was also some kind of horror/sci fi movie that I saw when I was a kid. It was sort of a rip-off of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, where people would be injected with some kind of alien stuff into the back of their neck in this big machine with a big needle. Then they'd walk around looking like regular people but they were really secret agents doing the work of the aliens and being evil. The main character and/or the person who kind of discovers all of this was a kid, who I'm picturing as looking like the little blond kid from Return of the Living Dead 2. The main things I remember about this movie were that it seemed to be on TV quite a bit, and there were some kind of gross scenes involving alien slime and nasty injections and things like that. I think one of the big scenes is when the kid learns that his teacher or his principal was one of the alien people all along and she catches him snooping around the secret alien hideout and tries to infect him.

VampireRobot fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Nov 1, 2010

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

VampireRobot posted:

1. My mom used to show me this weird horror movie when I was a kid. I think there might have even been a sequel or even maybe a series. It was sort of a monster movie, where the monster was a severed hand. As far as i can remember, the hand would roam around and cause all kinds of trouble and kill people and stuff. I think the hand was pretty gross-looking too.

1. Idle Hands?

morestuff fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Nov 1, 2010

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

VampireRobot posted:

3. This was also some kind of horror/sci fi movie that I saw when I was a kid. It was sort of a rip-off of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, where people would be injected with some kind of alien stuff into the back of their neck in this big machine with a big needle. Then they'd walk around looking like regular people but they were really secret agents doing the work of the aliens and being evil. The main character and/or the person who kind of discovers all of this was a kid, who I'm picturing as looking like the little blond kid from Return of the Living Dead 2. The main things I remember about this movie were that it seemed to be on TV quite a bit, and there were some kind of gross scenes involving alien slime and nasty injections and things like that. I think one of the big scenes is when the kid learns that his teacher or his principal was one of the alien people all along and she catches him snooping around the secret alien hideout and tries to infect him.

Invaders from Mars (the 1986 remake)

EDIT: Could you be talking about Evil Dead 2?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

VampireRobot posted:

The Beast with Five Fingers?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

VampireRobot posted:

One of the segments in Dr. Terror's House of Horrors?

VampireRobot posted:

2. This one is even more vague. I think I saw this late one night on TV while I was watching alone. It seemed like it was sort of psychedelic and there were lots of characters with long hair and beards, so I think it might have been from the 70's. This too was some kind of horror movie. i THINK that the main characters were actors in a play, or were trying to put on some kind of production. Or, it might have just been some kind of dinner party. The main thing that I remember about it was that there was some kind of object or something, i think, and when people looked into it, all of a sudden they were being hypnotized by this evil-looking dude's face that may or may not have had red glowing eyes. I believe this face also had long brown hair and a beard or mustache. From what I can remember, people would become possessed after seeing this face, or else hypnotized. Then they either died or killed someone else. All I remember is that something bad went down. The main thing I remember of the movie is just that there was a group of people and they were being terrorized by this evil face that was trying to hypnotize or possess them.

Horror Express? Although it's not apparent from the IMDb description, the kind of stuff you describe goes on in this movie.

Sir Nose fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 1, 2010

Violator
May 15, 2003

Was there a slasher in the 80s infamous for a man cutting a baby out of a woman near the end? I swear I remember reading about it when I was younger. I thought it was Maniac from 1980, but it wasn't. I went through a lot of 80's horror movies in October, and I figured I'd finally cross that film off my list and see if it was as scary as I remember thinking it sounded. Any ideas?

Violator fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Nov 1, 2010

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

VampireRobot posted:

there's also "The Hand" with Michael Caine
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082497/

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
This is a comedy/horror film I watched in 1998, or thereabouts. I think it may have been made in the late eighties, early nineties. Who knows, it perhaps even starred Chevy Chase. I'm convinced Rip Torn was in it though as the main villain but I can't locate it anywhere in his filmography so perhaps I misremembered that bit.

Anyway, it's about this couple who drive to an amusement park, only all the rides are death-traps. In particular there's this one ride that when you go in, the exit is a giant face with teeth like pistons mashing down on you so in the end only bones are shot out of the exit.
I also remember that the park's only staff were a pair of freaky obese twins whose weight was attributed to their diet of cornflakes.

E: Found it. "Nothing But Trouble" So that was a yes on Chevy Chase, and a no on Rip Torn!

Brigadier Sockface fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Nov 1, 2010

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Violator posted:

Was there a slasher in the 80s infamous for a man cutting a baby out of a woman near the end? I swear I remember reading about it when I was younger. I thought it was Maniac from 1980, but it wasn't. I went through a lot of 80's horror movies in October, and I figured I'd finally cross that film off my list and see if it was as scary as I remember thinking it sounded. Any ideas?

Antropophagus
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082479/combined

VampireRobot
Apr 4, 2004
Invaders From Mars was right on! Thanks!
I'm not sure about the other ones, I'm going to try to track down some more information on the movies you guys suggested, and see if they're the ones. Thanks very much for helping out!

Now I have one more! Another obscure horror movie.

I only saw a bit of this movie, when I was a kid. My dad was watching it and my mom took me to the store partway through.
I think it was about aliens or monsters taking over the planet by incubating in people and then coming out. Not Alien.
The scene that I remember most is that there was this guy, who had a thick mustache, and I think that he becomes "pregnant" and everyone is amazed that a guy is pregnant and nobody can explain it. Then, one day, he's on his floor in his living room and in pain, and suddenly his stomach is flayed open and there are these little nasty monsters popping out. For some reason I seem to remember that there was little blood and it showed the flayed edges of his stomach looking like torn up baloney flapping around. That really grossed me out as a kid and is an image that has stuck with me. This whole thing might have been one segment in some kind of anthology movie.

I hope this is a real memory and not some kind of amalgamation of memories of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Alien, and American Werewolf in London

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...
Sinse my last one didn't get identified, here's another one. What I remember is two blokes who have lost their jobs but haven't told their families yet. They spend their days dossing about on the streets and then go home to dinner and talk about how the other one's job is on the line because they really srewed up that day. I'm fairly certain it was Japanese, although I could be mistaken there.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

ProfessorClumsy posted:

Sinse my last one didn't get identified, here's another one. What I remember is two blokes who have lost their jobs but haven't told their families yet. They spend their days dossing about on the streets and then go home to dinner and talk about how the other one's job is on the line because they really srewed up that day. I'm fairly certain it was Japanese, although I could be mistaken there.

Tokyo Sonata?

Violator
May 15, 2003

Slasherfan posted:

Antropophagus
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082479/combined

That's it! Thanks!

quote:

E: Found it. "Nothing But Trouble" So that was a yes on Chevy Chase, and a no on Rip Torn!

Holy poo poo, I remember that too!

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...

therattle posted:

Tokyo Sonata?

That's the chap. Good post.

foodfight
Feb 10, 2009

Mouser.. posted:

Shot in the dark based on the vague description but are you thinking of 'The Omen IV' perhaps ?

I don't think thats it. I might have to watch the 1985 version of the Bad Seed just to rule it out.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

VampireRobot posted:

I'm not sure about the other ones, I'm going to try to track down some more information on the movies you guys suggested, and see if they're the ones. Thanks very much for helping out!

I'm telling ya, your second one is Horror Express... This guy look familiar?

VampireRobot posted:

Now I have one more! Another obscure horror movie.

I only saw a bit of this movie, when I was a kid. My dad was watching it and my mom took me to the store partway through.
I think it was about aliens or monsters taking over the planet by incubating in people and then coming out. Not Alien.
The scene that I remember most is that there was this guy, who had a thick mustache, and I think that he becomes "pregnant" and everyone is amazed that a guy is pregnant and nobody can explain it. Then, one day, he's on his floor in his living room and in pain, and suddenly his stomach is flayed open and there are these little nasty monsters popping out. For some reason I seem to remember that there was little blood and it showed the flayed edges of his stomach looking like torn up baloney flapping around. That really grossed me out as a kid and is an image that has stuck with me. This whole thing might have been one segment in some kind of anthology movie.

I hope this is a real memory and not some kind of amalgamation of memories of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Alien, and American Werewolf in London

This might be Shivers aka The Parasite Murders aka They Came From Within.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Sir Nose posted:

I'm telling ya, your second one is Horror Express... This guy look familiar?

I'm backing this dude up, that's totally Horror Express. They weren't actors in a show, but there was Telly Savalas as a flamboyantly dressed Cossack soldiers, so it's a pretty easy mistake to make.

And even if it's not, watch Horror Express because it's loving terrific.

"What if one of you is the monster?"
"Monsters? We're British, you know."

oceanside
Nov 4, 2009
I've been racking my brains trying to recall the name of a French film in which a man's wife (or fiancée, or even girlfriend) is kidnapped, but years later he starts receiving emails from the captor about her.

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

oceanside posted:

I've been racking my brains trying to recall the name of a French film in which a man's wife (or fiancée, or even girlfriend) is kidnapped, but years later he starts receiving emails from the captor about her.

Tell No One
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362225/

TheYellowFog
Oct 17, 2008

grain alcohol and rainwater
I'm trying to remember a WW1 movie. The one scene I remember vividly is a group of soldiers walking in formation across no man's land, with their officer not letting them break the formation even though they were getting shot at. It was muddy and really violent and my instincts tell me it came out after Saving Private Ryan. It isn't the Canadian film Passchendale (2008) because I remember seeing it in the early-mid 2000's on TV. It may have been a made for TV movie or miniseries, I have no idea.

Any idea?

oceanside
Nov 4, 2009

Mouser.. posted:

Tell No One
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362225/

Brilliant! Thank you!

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

foodfight posted:

I remember watching a movie on TV about a killer kid. It was in color so I think that rules out The Bad Seed, but I also don't think it was the 1985 remake. All I remember is an evil girl. She has a brother and I think there is something involving a frisbee.

If the antagonist was an angelic little blond haired girl, it could be The Godsend (1980).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAM3AFzH7CI

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

TheYellowFog posted:

I'm trying to remember a WW1 movie. The one scene I remember vividly is a group of soldiers walking in formation across no man's land, with their officer not letting them break the formation even though they were getting shot at. It was muddy and really violent and my instincts tell me it came out after Saving Private Ryan. It isn't the Canadian film Passchendale (2008) because I remember seeing it in the early-mid 2000's on TV. It may have been a made for TV movie or miniseries, I have no idea.

Any idea?

A Very Long Engagement?

foodfight
Feb 10, 2009

SkunkDuster posted:

If the antagonist was an angelic little blond haired girl, it could be The Godsend (1980).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAM3AFzH7CI

Thats not it, I was actually thinking of Don't Go to Sleep which is apparently pretty awesome. Its on youtube so I am planning on watching it asap.

TheYellowFog
Oct 17, 2008

grain alcohol and rainwater

Arturo Ui posted:

A Very Long Engagement?
Possibly. Also just found a Canadian miniseries called "The Great War" which it may be from. I've kind of given up on finding that one scene because it was so long ago and there are so many WW1 movies.

Doug
Feb 27, 2006

This station is
non-operational.
I know this is going to be answered very quickly, but I'm either doing a poor job of describing the scene or all of my friends are just as clueless. Google is also no help.

I'm thinking of a movie and there's a scene in it where I think the main character and someone else are stopped at a stop light. Then another car pulls up next to them with two asians(maybe) and one of the guys takes a walkie talking this from the ceiling and starts talking in a dramatic announcer voice about the imminent street race. Ring any bells?

vvv Thanks!

Doug fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Nov 4, 2010

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Better Off Dead

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

You guy have come through for me once in the past, and I'm hoping to put the nail in the coffin of this memory. Here's what I remember from this film:

I only recall one scene. And not all that well. It's a sci-fi film, I think. There were humans with cyborg parts or something. Anyway, some people are in a cavern or something and there's this girl who's probably a cyborg too. The guy that's with her goes out with other dudes to fight or something, and leaves her alone with some other guy. And when that same guy comes back he checks some LED light on the girl which tells him that the guy he left with her did something to her. He says "You just couldn't keep your hands off her, could you?"

I know that's super vague but that's all I recall. I saw it over 10 years ago, so it's not recent.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

One of the Universal Soldier movies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Movie from my childhood. Little twin girls (I want to say Mary-Kate and Ashley, but that doesn't check out), one is all rough-and-tumble and the other is well-off. They switch places for some reason. One of them ends up in a foster home where they have to work in a garbage dump for a guy named "Buttkiss" or something. This is freaking me out.

edit: Never mind, It Takes Two. Was indeed Mary-Kate and Ashley.

Strontosaurus fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Nov 4, 2010