Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

I just found out today that Doom is playing Maryland Deathfest this year. I've been meaning to go the last two years, but it kept falling through at last minute.
I'm buying my tickets when I get my next paycheck, and requesting off tomorrow.
So souped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO

Pantalones! posted:

WHERE DO I GET CELESTE LYRICS.

don't say buy the records

am I allowed to mention kylesa in here? gently caress if time will fuse its worth isn't my favorite thing right now.

Also daitro and celeste are the best things to come out of europe.

They are printed on the cross shirt if you dont want to buy the record. Speaking of, doesnt someone have some Celeste vinyl they were trying to sell? Im looking for Misanthrope(s) and I cant find it anywhere.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

They are printed on the cross shirt if you dont want to buy the record. Speaking of, doesnt someone have some Celeste vinyl they were trying to sell? Im looking for Misanthrope(s) and I cant find it anywhere.

ifb still has at least one: http://ifbrecords.com/pages/other.html

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl
That reminds me, I have a job now. Rivals, ready to sell me your celeste record(s)?

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Haha I'm still working through it. I have no loving time anymore.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
servant to the red and blue, the green, yellow and white
I saw I Hate Myself this weekend. Screamo is dead as hell.

Izzy Mandelbaum
Dec 5, 2006

It's go time
Converge just posted this on facebook:

This week we commence writing a new album together at God City, get ready world...

:D

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

BRAIN HANDLE posted:

Come to Europe. It's pretty okay here. You'll have the best time at CMARfest.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Izzy Mandelbaum posted:

Converge just posted this on facebook:

This week we commence writing a new album together at God City, get ready world...

:D

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa :woop:

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

BRAIN HANDLE posted:

I Hate Myself isn't a serious screamo band.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

Going to repost this here. I posted it in the recommendation thread, but maybe this is a better place to get help!

Quantumfate posted:

So, I just realized that I listen to too much Portuguese punk. Bands like Reação adversa, Noção de Nada, Kaos 64, Tropa Suicida, Inkisição, Dias de um futuro de esquicido, Eu Serei a Hiena (not technically punk I guess?), etc. Anyways I'd like to get more spanish punk though, since I'll be going abroad next summer and wanting to immerse myself in the language, having plenty of music I like in the appropriate language would also be pretty cool and a big help. So I'm looking for bands like some of those portuguese/brasilian ones, or like some of the spanish bands I already listen to, So for like, similar styles:

Ska-p I love a lot, eurosis was alright but, que corra la voz and planeta eskoria are astounding albums. La Vela Puerca's harder stuff is alright. Boikot is pretty decent. I love Na' Que Ver and their albums No Mirar Atras and Asi Estamos. Decision Final I'm okay on. Not a big fan of straight edge but they're not bad. Sin Dios is pretty cool I've only heard Solidaridad, Odio al Imperio and Recortes de Libertad. Along that line the Execradores split with them was good, but I haven't been able to find anything by the Execradores besides A luta! so yeah. I also listened to Buena Pelea's Primer Round at a friend's place and didn't hate it. So huh. i guess I like mostly spanish Ska Punk? But I like other punk too, just had a lot of exposure to Ska-Punk for spanish bands.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005

Carl FTWinslow posted:

I know, I'm just saying an I Hate Myself reunion is totally jumping the shark. The crowd was a bunch of 20 year olds that creeped out the singer after the show.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

BRAIN HANDLE posted:

I know, I'm just saying an I Hate Myself reunion is totally jumping the shark. The crowd was a bunch of 20 year olds that creeped out the singer after the show.

Bummer.

lifeloveregret
Nov 29, 2005

start spreading the news
home from the Envy tour/the fest 9

greatest times of my life

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?
I was starting to wonder why no one was mentioning Fest.

coronalight
Oct 12, 2006

asdfghjkl;
new Pianos Become the Teeth song from the split with TSL is loving amazing.

If you haven't heard it.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
the new TSL full length is pretty amazing too

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Help a noob out, who is TSL?
Also thanks in general for this thread. I have discovered many a great great great band via it :)

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

ChiTownEddie posted:

Help a noob out, who is TSL?
Also thanks in general for this thread. I have discovered many a great great great band via it :)

The Saddest Landscape.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

scotty posted:

new Pianos Become the Teeth song from the split with TSL is loving amazing.

If you haven't heard it.

Ugggggh they're so good.

Rock Strongo
Dec 24, 2004

"It's said he killed a dragon once...but not this time"

Wizard Mannequin posted:

I just found out today that Doom is playing Maryland Deathfest this year. I've been meaning to go the last two years, but it kept falling through at last minute.
I'm buying my tickets when I get my next paycheck, and requesting off tomorrow.
So souped.

They'll be at Chaos in Tejas this year too. Still kicking myself for missing it last year.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Bands confirmed so far for Chaos in Tejas:

BONE SICKNESS (oly wa)
CRAZY SPIRIT (nyc)
D-CLONE (japan)
DOOM (uk)
INNUMERABLE FORMS (ma/tx)
ISTERISMO (japan)
MIASMAL (sweden)
PERDITION (ny)

Gonna be a good 'un (especially if some of the rumors I've heard are true).

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

I haven't listened to any of the new stuff yet, but I can't help but feel like The Saddest Landscape's reunion is another sign of the apocalypse along with the I Hate Myself show.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Bands confirmed so far for Chaos in Tejas:

BONE SICKNESS (oly wa)
CRAZY SPIRIT (nyc)
D-CLONE (japan)
DOOM (uk)
INNUMERABLE FORMS (ma/tx)
ISTERISMO (japan)
MIASMAL (sweden)
PERDITION (ny)

Gonna be a good 'un (especially if some of the rumors I've heard are true).

Oh man please start spreading rumors, I'm super curious. I'm probably going this year. The fact that it's not the same weekend as MDF means there's no conflict with bands now, too!

Uncle Phil
Nov 1, 2010

Carl FTWinslow posted:

I love their "10 Songs" album. Serious love.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
So I dunno if it really fits here, but i just grabbed the Bars of Gold album, and holy poo poo. Close to album of the year, and definitely the best debut of the year. I really really encourage everyone to give it a listen.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

RunTo TheHills posted:

So I dunno if it really fits here, but i just grabbed the Bars of Gold album, and holy poo poo. Close to album of the year, and definitely the best debut of the year. I really really encourage everyone to give it a listen.

Do you like birds? Do you like real real big birds? Do you like great big bir-er-erds? That's the biggest bird I've ever seen! Or is that a bird? Or just a real real big man? Just a great big ma-ah-an?

I do not know what drugs they were on. I do love it.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Vegastar posted:

Do you like birds? Do you like real real big birds? Do you like great big bir-er-erds? That's the biggest bird I've ever seen! Or is that a bird? Or just a real real big man? Just a great big ma-ah-an?

I do not know what drugs they were on. I do love it.

Seriously, it's loving WEIRD. But super super excellent.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
I wish it was another Bear vs Shark record, but it's still great.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

Kevar posted:

This.

But then again, I was happy enough to just see the surviving members form something awesome.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Kevar posted:

Welp, you just gave me a reason to look up this band. "5, 6 Kids" is one of my favourite songs.

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

Video for new Coliseum song (what the hell it features Bonnie "Prince" Billy in the chorus). Features lots of clips of bear attacks and blood splatter in old movies.

http://vimeo.com/16515262

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

BRAIN HANDLE posted:

Oh man please start spreading rumors, I'm super curious. I'm probably going this year. The fact that it's not the same weekend as MDF means there's no conflict with bands now, too!

^^^THIS^^^
Also I haven't noticed any Austin goons talking about funfunfun fest this year? I can't have been the only one who went. Seriously, seeing Descendents and Gwar at the same show was dope.

luckdragon
Dec 5, 2008
http://www.facebook.com/kerouacband?v=app_178091127385

stream the whole Kerouac album here. they just confirmed a re-release of this on Holy Roar, vinyl only. you need to know about this band.

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

What the hell, how did I not hear about Frodus reuiniting until now?!

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

I just got back form an amazing show: the misfits played here in reno, and the opening bands were amazing as well. One local badn and the other was juicehead. it was ana amazing gig all in all. If you guys want I'll look through the pictures I took and see if there's anything good. I was maybe two feet from the stage right up front.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

You're from Reno? I used to go out there a lot and still have some friends there. What local band was it?

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Demension 13, and yeah, I'm in reno. Really not used to that big concert style setting though. More used to lovely showhouses.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yeah, I never went to any big shows out there. I hung out with kids who lived at The HQ so that's where I ended up spending most of my time, and I think all of the shows I went to out there were at that house. Is Contend still around/playing? I haven't gotten out to see them at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Contend is still active, but I haven't seen them at a show in forever. The Eyeball closed down, the Hen Den is no more (if you were even there to see it) and the Xenophobes are done. the HQ doesn't do much either. The underground is still pretty poo poo. But there's a relatively newish showhouse, Ground Zero, which is pretty good. Still just someone's basement though.

EDIT: Stupid as I think the name is, Ground Zero is actually doing a lot to keep Skeeno alive. There was actually a big show tonight, wasn't bad but I had to duck out early because Im still wiped from last night.

Quantumfate fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Nov 13, 2010