Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

dreesemonkey posted:

Diesel Buick Lesabre? Sounds like a cool car if it's legit.

Click here for the full 1050x654 image.

Stop browsing my local CL! I'm trying to snipe all the good deals! Seriously though, how many central PA goons are there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I am not too up on the prices of Turbo Regals, but does this seem like a fair deal? It's about 2 hours away and I'd like to get it this weekend. It's $3800.

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/cto/2033355019.html

Text:

Pictures:

Its the slow version of the Grand National, being bereft of the intercooler and about 70hp.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Baby Hitler posted:

Its the slow version of the Grand National, being bereft of the intercooler and about 70hp.

45hp. The same as a GN for the same year. Intercooler wasn't added until 1986. T-Type and GN are identical when it comes to running gear.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
I prefer the T-Type, especially in one of the many grandma colors.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Toucan Sam posted:

I prefer the T-Type, especially in one of the many grandma colors.

As do I, mostly because they don't come with quite the same price premium like the GN. This despite the fact that in 1985 the GN had a higher production run than the T-Type.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Tai-Pan posted:

Maybe it is a demo car, like the full-size plastic ones they place in front of beer displays?
$400 wouldn't buy a wheel.

A rolling body and frame from 1989 probably isn't worth that much. It's too old to be used in any current series that uses older NASCAR chassis, so it would only be of interest to a collector who really wants his own stock car or someone who wants to race it in some smaller series (one guy had one of a similar vintage at the SVRA event at Road Atlanta a few weeks ago).

That said, for $400, that probably is a fake show car or something that was never built to actually be driven. You can't tell from the pictures if it actually has a proper frame and suspension, or even if the body is actually sheet metal. It doesn't look like there's a roll cage in it, so it's not a real chassis. It could just be a fiberglass or plastic shell on a couple of solid axles.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Stop browsing my local CL! I'm trying to snipe all the good deals! Seriously though, how many central PA goons are there?

I think there are a few. I posted something about the Bob Logue museum in Wilpo in another AI thread and I think I recall you being local, another dude from Milton (unless that was you), and someone going to PCT.

I just lurk CL, no money to buy anything good :(

ReaperUnreal
Feb 21, 2007
Trogdor is King
I don't understand how this is even remotely a decent price. How disillusioned do you have to be?

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/oak/cto/2037522048.html

Click here for the full 631x802 image.

Oh of course, my mistake, it's "certified."

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

ReaperUnreal posted:

When worded like that, it just has to be certified to be an actual Camry.

Tongsy
Aug 22, 2007

ReaperUnreal posted:

I don't understand how this is even remotely a decent price. How disillusioned do you have to be?

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/oak/cto/2037522048.html

Click here for the full 631x802 image.

I think it's obvious that he means it's been safetied and e-tested

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/detail/CU0061904556/index.html?TRCD=200002

1937 Datsun Type 16 Sedan (Purple Dark Blue Two Tone)

4200000 yen (about 40,000 dollars)

(I'm not 100 percent on some of this translation so bear with me)

Its 720 cc engine may be small but it roars with heroic fire!
It is a two-owner, garage-kept car.
It is believed that only 30 to 40 survived World War II and remain in Japan today.
This is an extremely rare jewel of the Japanese auto industry. It is surely a national treasure.
Collectors, auto museums across the country and around the world, people with connections to Nissan, don't let this chance to buy this car pass you by.
The license plate is from before the Land Transportation Office assigned different place names to the plates, reading simply a single number, "5."
The 3-speed transmission is currently being worked on by a skilled artisan!

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

From memory, that looked a lot like an Austin 7

Then wikipedia confirmed that "in Japan Nissan used the 7 design as the basis for their original cars, though not under licence."

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Something about this car makes it look like it's cornering super hard even when sitting still. Both of these pictures do (but in different directions, so it's probably not the alignment/suspension). What a weird optical illusion.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Something about this car makes it look like it's cornering super hard even when sitting still. Both of these pictures do (but in different directions, so it's probably not the alignment/suspension). What a weird optical illusion.

I saw the exact same thing, glad i'm not insane.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
Its the look of bodyroll due to the angle and height of the camera taking the picture.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

eddiewalker posted:

Then wikipedia confirmed that "in Japan Nissan used the 7 design as the basis for their original cars, though not under licence."

sweet. a KIRF car.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

dreesemonkey posted:

I think there are a few. I posted something about the Bob Logue museum in Wilpo in another AI thread and I think I recall you being local, another dude from Milton (unless that was you), and someone going to PCT.

I just lurk CL, no money to buy anything good :(

I'm the one from Milton. Are you in W-Port?

Unfortunately I have no self-restraint and I end up buying too many cars for my parking situation. My breaking point in terms of space is 4 vehicles. I'm at capacity currently, but in practicality I am always in the market for something cool/unique/fast. I'm considering the T-Type I posted above, and a very tasteful civic hatch with a GSR swap and Si front end. My wife is very tolerant.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

I'm the one from Milton. Are you in W-Port?

Unfortunately I have no self-restraint and I end up buying too many cars for my parking situation. My breaking point in terms of space is 4 vehicles. I'm at capacity currently, but in practicality I am always in the market for something cool/unique/fast. I'm considering the T-Type I posted above, and a very tasteful civic hatch with a GSR swap and Si front end. My wife is very tolerant.

Looks like a pretty bitchin car - if you get it I call dibs on a ride. Didn't we e-mail back and forth a little bit?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

quote:

Cadillac Cts Lamboo - $7000 (cincinnati)

I have a 2003 candy orange cadi for sale. Very clean a real head turner i put lamboo doors on it about 2 months ago that costed me 2,800. It has 19 inch alloy moe mo rims on it i also have the stock tires. The car is two owner kept together by the dealership only. Tinted windows all over the car including windshield for your privacy, 150k still runs like a champ. Please do not hesitate to come take a look at it OR ASK ME A QUESTION! call me ANYTIME @ 513-388-8240 I am leaving for army soon an just want to sale it
http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/2041949742.html

Yup, lamboo doors that costed 2,800 and it's kept together by the dealership only.

Tinted windows all over the car including windshield for your privacy.

Edit: Resize failure on my part, and it's an attachment, sorry, if I would have known I'd do that, I would have let you see it in full size glory, anyway.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 4, 2010

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
I like the tinted windshield bit. Who needs to drive at night anyway?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

el topo posted:

Why aren't the headlights blacked out?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

el topo posted:

I've seen worse. Last summer I worked with this kid who drove a mid 2000s Maxima. It has 5% tint all the way around. Except the rear windshield. Which had two layers of 5%. I asked him how he saw out the back to which he replied, "I don't." A week later his car got impounded on the way to work.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.
Absolutely no information at all about the vehicle, but at least the owner is 43 and doesn't like rap music or saggy pants.

Click here for the full 1440x653 image.

7lip fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 4, 2010

ape
Jul 20, 2009
Single digit gas mileage :D
http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/2037388432.html

Click here for the full 925x968 image.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I thought KBB values didn't start until like 1980 or something.

ape
Jul 20, 2009

rscott posted:

I thought KBB values didn't start until like 1980 or something.

They probably used NADA

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

ape posted:

Single digit gas mileage :D

With a decimal point in front.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Pure gold

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/ctd/2044424941.html

Elephanthead fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Nov 6, 2010

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

So, uh...the seventies. Hell of a time. :lsd:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

wanna drive that to Carlisle

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I'm not even much of a fan of the early Vettes and I literally had trouble breathing while looking at that.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I've seen worse. Last summer I worked with this kid who drove a mid 2000s Maxima. It has 5% tint all the way around. Except the rear windshield. Which had two layers of 5%. I asked him how he saw out the back to which he replied, "I don't." A week later his car got impounded on the way to work.

Must be a Maxima thing. I went to Target with my dad a couple of weeks ago and we were sitting outside watching the world go by. A Maxima drove by obnoxiously bumping tunes with the darkest tint imaginable. Well, a cop happened to be watching the world go by, too, so he immediately flipped on his lights and pulled the guy over right in front of us. Turns out not only was his tint double limo all around, but his windshield was tinted, too.

Dude got some incredibly hefty fines and had his car towed because he couldn't drive it since it was a hazard with the tint on the windshield. He was also an rear end to the cop the entire time. That made it all worthwhile to giggle at the douche's lament. Seriously, how dumb do you have to be to have double limo all around with a tinted windshield and not expect to get caught, especially when you're drawing attention to yourself with a car that goes boom?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
I may or may not be scoping a potentially AMAZING CL find.

The ad is gone. It went down before I could save it.

Let's just say for $500 a running Volvo 240 with 112k is an excellent find.

And will make an amazing project car when I drop an HO Mustang 5.0 in there :D

edit... it's a blue '82 5 speed with a moonroof

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Nov 6, 2010

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

VideoTapir posted:

I'm not even much of a fan of the early Vettes and I literally had trouble breathing while looking at that.

That is seriously a travesty. Even in 1972 C1s were getting rarer.

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.
Cherry 4-speed Benz in the land of rust? Waiting on high-res photos from the seller.

http://bn.craigslist.org/cto/2044328847.html

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

More "actual gold"? Looks like an unmolested 2000 Civic Si in Electron Pearl Blue!

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/cto/2045726781.html

craigslist posted:

2000 Honda Civic Si (5spd manual) DOHC v-tech, 2 dr Blue. For sale $6000.00. 109,500 miles. Runs good, still has power steering, air conditioning, interior is in mint condition. New brakes, 10k miles on tires, all maintenance kept up to date.
Beautiful car, just detailed inside and out!

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I know how much you like ponies so I got you a ponies avatar bro
Price seems pretty high to me for a 10 year old civic, but I've never looked at Hondas

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

The Third Man posted:

Price seems pretty high to me for a 10 year old civic, but I've never looked at Hondas

It's an Si, which are getting rare, especially in unmodified form. They've all been riced to hell and back. Blue Book on a 2000 Si is like $5200, but I'd be willing to pay a little more for a super clean one.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
That is really nice, and in the best color. Looks amazing under fluorescent lights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

More "actual gold"? Looks like an unmolested 2000 Civic Si in Electron Pearl Blue!

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/cto/2045726781.html

That height can't be stock can it? The front end looks like it could be used to mow the lawn it is on.