Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holy Cow
Dec 8, 2006

This happened to a friend of mine. Not sure if it's faded yet or not though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

Click here for the full 982x666 image.

Loud Mouse
Dec 19, 2008

MY WILL IS THE CHEESE CLUB
NOTHING IS BETTER THAN CHEESE

Teagan posted:

a zombie wedding cake

I know some people who went to this wedding. the cake was made by a place in seattle and all the zombies were made to look like the brdesmaids/groomsmen

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

THE BLUE DEMON RIDES AGAIN
This isn't really a single picture, but I've no way to describe it in just one picture, so here's the full article:

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/gates-of-fire.htm

And a taste of the badass:

The soldier in the image was shot in both legs and an arm, and then returned fire.

:nws: due to quite a bit of blood.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

drat that's some crazy poo poo.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

While a terrible human being, you have to admire this shot. The stupid clothes with the stupid facial expression and the stupid sunglasses standing there all baddass excreting "I can barely loving dress myself and I control all these fuckers."

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Rubber Slug posted:

soldiers

from that article "Kurilla was running when he was shot, but he didn’t seem to miss a stride; he did a crazy judo roll and came up shooting."

Sucks the 2 younger soldiers just stood there and did nothing, wonder what happened to them afterward?

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

Mr_M
Dec 10, 2008
Once upon a time there was a man named Tom, an old vet from Vietnam.

Tom road a bus.

An argument later a legend burst forth from his fists of righteous fury, and an internet meme was born: Thus is the tale of Epic Beardman.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Click here for the full 1280x800 image.

From the Led Zeppelin 1973 Madison Square Garden concert. It's the best rendition of stairway to heaven I've heard. It's performed by the band just as their coming into their own. The video is thing of beauty. I think that picture from it is pretty badass. I like the double shot with the guitar. It was my background for a while.

Full video in HD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb-beamG91Y&feature=related
I know we've all heard the song a million times, but Zep is so much better live. The song has a different feeling in this video. Also, the solo,last verse and ending of the song give me goosebumps everytime. Literally. every single time.

a bunch of ants
Jan 21, 2009

Wanna be professional criminals with me?

Waroduce posted:

Click here for the full 1280x800 image.

From the Led Zeppelin 1973 Madison Square Garden concert. It's the best rendition of stairway to heaven I've heard. It's performed by the band just as their coming into their own. The video is thing of beauty. I think that picture from it is pretty badass. I like the double shot with the guitar. It was my background for a while.

Full video in HD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb-beamG91Y&feature=related
I know we've all heard the song a million times, but Zep is so much better live. The song has a different feeling in this video. Also, the solo,last verse and ending of the song give me goosebumps everytime. Literally. every single time.
No one could ever rock dragon suits and double guitars that hard ever again.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Relevant:
:nws:
Click here for the full 1963x1285 image.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

Dynastocles posted:

Do you know what this is from? It is really familiar from somewhere in my childhood but I can't place where...

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

Vidaeus posted:

Do you know what this is from? It is really familiar from somewhere in my childhood but I can't place where...

I found it in a book of Boris Vallejo paintings (one of the best purchases I ever made)

also, Hercules:

Click here for the full 1280x1024 image.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

Rubber Slug posted:

This isn't really a single picture, but I've no way to describe it in just one picture, so here's the full article:

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/gates-of-fire.htm

And a taste of the badass:

The soldier in the image was shot in both legs and an arm, and then returned fire.

:nws: due to quite a bit of blood.

I read this ages ago, didnt michael pick up someones m4 and fire into the store/shop/whatever it was?

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Here's Cactus Jack, aka Mick Foley.

This is him smiling after letting his friend suplex him onto an exploding bomb, which covered his arm and back in 3rd degree burns. He did that for fun, and a desire to be known as the craziest professional wrestler ever to live. He won the King of the Deathmatch tournament that night.

Because he got suplexed onto a bomb, cut by barbed wire, and had his face stomped into tacks, he asked his Japanese boss if he could have a bonus. His boss came back to his locker room with a six pack of Natty Light. He said thanks.

You may think this guy in an idiot professional wrestler who maims himself for petty glory's. But keep in mind, the guy achieved his dreams, and is widely known as the craziest professional wrestler of all time.

Now? He writes children's books.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

GOP posted:

This is him smiling after letting his friend suplex him onto an exploding bomb, which covered his arm and back in 3rd degree burns. He did that for fun, and a desire to be known as the craziest professional wrestler ever to live. He won the King of the Deathmatch tournament that night.

Because he got suplexed onto a bomb, cut by barbed wire, and had his face stomped into tacks, he asked his Japanese boss if he could have a bonus. His boss came back to his locker room with a six pack of Natty Light. He said thanks.

You may think this guy in an idiot professional wrestler who maims himself for petty glory's. But keep in mind, the guy achieved his dreams, and is widely known as the craziest professional wrestler of all time.

Also does appearances on The Daily Show from time to time. :3:

Sarinnanashi
Dec 27, 2004

I'm sure there is a reason for this, but I don't think I want to know it.

GOP posted:

He used to live right next to us, and I played with his kids a few times. He's actually a really nice guy. He always was wearing casts and the like, but over all a real grade A person. He didn;t let us put up our basketball hoop though :(.

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

When I was into Wrestling, it was when he was doing Mankind of for the WWF. He was my absolute favorite, so much so I actually bought his biography. Very interesting man.

Anyhow, have some Shaolin Monks playing soccer.

Edit...hmmm didn't realize it would break tables. Let me use a thumbnail.

Bodnoirbabe has a new favorite as of 04:14 on Dec 7, 2010

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Sarinnanashi posted:

He used to live right next to us, and I played with his kids a few times. He's actually a really nice guy. He always was wearing casts and the like, but over all a real grade A person. He didn;t let us put up our basketball hoop though :(.

Yeah, most people tend to think he's a great guy.

Hunter S. Thompson's funeral. His ashes were shot out of a cannon. If you ignore him shooting himself with his house full of his family, it's pretty badass.

Strange Charm
Apr 6, 2008

GOP posted:

Hunter S. Thompson's funeral. His ashes were shot out of a cannon. If you ignore him shooting himself with his house full of his family, it's pretty badass.
I think it's more badass when you take it into account.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

a bunch of ants
Jan 21, 2009

Wanna be professional criminals with me?

Keshik posted:

That's not so much bad rear end as it is clever.
Content:
The Wild Bunch

Click here for the full 757x600 image.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Keket posted:

I read this ages ago, didnt michael pick up someones m4 and fire into the store/shop/whatever it was?

Yeah I read that too. The other young Marines were scared to go in so he grabbed a gun and fired into the shop. Hitting a compressed tank of some kind sending it bouncing around the store causing the insurgent that a Marine was choking to snap from the brink of suffocation and continue fighting.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

GOP posted:

His pay for that day was $300. He was in three death matches: One involving thumbtacks, one involving beds of nails and barbed-wire, and the last involving barbed wire and C-4.

He never got paid.

He works for TNA now and is off television since he hates the way the management is handling storylines and the well being of the wrestlers. A WH2K poster saw him in a Walmart last year buying WWE action figures for his kids. He's so broken down he can barely walk, had to lean on the shelving unit, and still stopped and talked to a fan for a few minutes before limping to the checkout.

Mick Foley loving owns.

Also, the "bonus" was a bottle of soda from a machine. Mick doesn't drink. He still bowed to Mr Asano and thanked him. And then walked to the hospital.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

See, I was under the impression that pro wrestling is fake. Can anyone enlighten me as to how barbed wire, nails, and C4 were allowed? I watched one of his videos, and it was obvious that the guys were pulling their punches and kicks, but it just doesn't make sense to me. :psyduck:

Heres Hank
Oct 20, 2008

Backyard Blacksmith posted:

See, I was under the impression that pro wrestling is fake. Can anyone enlighten me as to how barbed wire, nails, and C4 were allowed? I watched one of his videos, and it was obvious that the guys were pulling their punches and kicks, but it just doesn't make sense to me. :psyduck:

"Fake" as in staged and choreographed, yes, not "fake" as in what you see isn't really happening. A lot of their hits look soft because they are, but when you see blood, it's actual blood from them cutting their foreheads with razor blades. When Mick Foley wraps his body in barbed wire, he actually wraps his body in barbed wire. They do tricks with thumb tacks and poo poo because it hurts, but doesn't actually risk life and limb.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Backyard Blacksmith posted:

Well, there are wrestlers, and then there are "wrestlers". Some people either don't want/haven't the patients to learn proper pro wrestling. Therefore, in order to make up for their total lack of skill they find as many random objects they can and use them to hit/throw onto/jump off onto their opponents during the match, the more dangerous the better.

However, sometimes these matches are really good. And there are pro wrestlers that are really skilled that do hardcore matches like that from time to time.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Thanks for informing me!

sgtgump
May 15, 2005
Can't stop the signal.
THE Badass.

And if Chuck Norris ever dies, we have Conan to replace him. Here he is shooting Machine guns with Hunter S. Thompson in the best interview ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNEImAIM4L4

What?

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale

sgtgump posted:

THE Badass.

And if Chuck Norris ever dies, we have Conan to replace him. Here he is shooting Machine guns with Hunter S. Thompson in the best interview ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNEImAIM4L4

What?

Isn't Conan one of the reasons for Chuck's resurgence in popularity in the last several years?

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

sgtgump posted:

THE Badass.

Dude's a dyed-in-the-wool fundamentalist Christian. gently caress him.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

I am not a wrestling fan in any way, but having met Mr. Foley he is a scholar and a gentleman.

ExplodingSquidx2
Oct 20, 2010

That's a DAMN fine cup of coffee.

Keshik posted:

...Is that the somethingAwful logo on the door?

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

Click here for the full 1280x720 image.

Evil Jon is the most badass scientist.

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!

ExplodingSquidx2 posted:

Looks like it, since that's the photoshopped 'fixed' version where the optical illusion archetecture is gone.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?

Fearless_Decoy posted:

Looks like it, since that's the photoshopped 'fixed' version where the optical illusion archetecture is gone.

Thanks! I knew there was something odd about that when I spent a few minutes trying to figure out what was an optical illusion since I saw that illusion before.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

ExplodingSquidx2 posted:

It was made by The Yellow Yell, which is why it also says yy.

And for more content from the old days, the most prescient post in the history of the forums:

Defghanistan
Feb 9, 2010

2base2furious

Flavor Bear posted:

Not to mention that Grylls has a camera crew.
Stroud just traveled with 2 cameras.
He always had to set up a camera to film himself walking away, then go back and get it.
Which is why he quit doing his show, but that doesn't mean he isn't hardcore for doing it as long as he did.

This is actually false. Due to legal and insurance reasons, Stroud always had a support crew within one mile of his location. They never interfered with his filming but he always had support. Television networks don't just let their actors put themselves in live threatening situations with no life line. There's a good reason too- you don't want your "survival expert" freezing to death while filming.

Bear Grylls is pretty legit, read his wiki. He's done some goddamn amazing things, including climbing everest at a really young age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Defghanistan posted:

This is actually false. Due to legal and insurance reasons, Stroud always had a support crew within one mile of his location. They never interfered with his filming but he always had support. Television networks don't just let their actors put themselves in live threatening situations with no life line. There's a good reason too- you don't want your "survival expert" freezing to death while filming.

Bear Grylls is pretty legit, read his wiki. He's done some goddamn amazing things, including climbing everest at a really young age.

No poo poo they didn't just send Stroud out there alone for a week.
Nothing I said was false. They both had support crews, the difference is the stuff Stroud filmed himself doing was more or less legit. Grylls went back to the hotel with the crew at the end of the day, Stroud slept in his little debris huts he built.

• Locked thread