Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Old news or not it's awesome and I never get tired of seeing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
So Nasa is going to send a Lego Space Shuttle into space

http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2010/nov/HQ_10-285_NASA_LEGO_Team.html

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Muppetjedi posted:

So Nasa is going to send a Lego Space Shuttle into space

http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2010/nov/HQ_10-285_NASA_LEGO_Team.html

Space doesn't need those legos, it can't even make whooshing noises! :argh:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

3 posted:

Not to ruin your great find or anything, but the Intrepid's been old news for a while. Diment's just really good at making minifig-scale naval vessels. Check out his HMS Hood.

His wife is kinda ugly, but then again, she allows him to do all that poo poo.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Okay so... my local Smith's/Fred Meyer has all their Star Wars Lego on sale to varying degrees. I was tempted by Grevious' Fighter, another Y-Wing, etc... but the Clone Turbo Tank turned out to be a huge bargain. Not only was it marked down to $96 instead of $120, but the lady at the checkout informed me of a 10% of all toys coupon, which she then applied to my purchase. That means I got 1141 pieces for $86.40, (rounded up $0.08 per piece).

Now I hafta decide if I should open it or save it, and depending on my paycheck tomorrow, I may not be able to resist one more set :D

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

InfinEight posted:

Okay so... my local Smith's/Fred Meyer has all their Star Wars Lego on sale to varying degrees. I was tempted by Grevious' Fighter, another Y-Wing, etc... but the Clone Turbo Tank turned out to be a huge bargain. Not only was it marked down to $96 instead of $120, but the lady at the checkout informed me of a 10% of all toys coupon, which she then applied to my purchase. That means I got 1141 pieces for $86.40, (rounded up $0.08 per piece).

Now I hafta decide if I should open it or save it, and depending on my paycheck tomorrow, I may not be able to resist one more set :D

drat, that's a pretty good price. I think it's a badass set even though I don't like Clone Wars crap. The hat guy with the guns is cool looking. You should totally open it.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Found a better picture of the series 3 minifigs on /toy/ (shut up).

More Blacktron! Come on Lego, quit teasing us with this and the alien from SPIII and give us a Blacktron revival!

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!
Oh man, I want about 10,000 peg-legged Blacktrons. Also, the snowboarders could be easily turned into some awesome lady astronauts.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

Moai Ou posted:

More Blacktron! Come on Lego, quit teasing us with this and the alien from SPIII and give us a Blacktron revival!

Welp, the sumo wrestler is clearly going to be the crash test dummy of this set. Bland figure, duplicate, meaningless accessory. Everything else looks awesome though.

May Contain Nuts
Sep 12, 2007

but still delicious
Would it have been racist to make the rapper black?

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

May Contain Nuts posted:

I see where you're coming from, but minifigs don't really have races.

Echoing the lust for Blacktron, but I also want that Fisherman's beard! How is it attached?

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

May Contain Nuts posted:

Minifigs are yellow, not white.

Lando Calrissian didn't happen.

May Contain Nuts
Sep 12, 2007

but still delicious

Umbra Dubium posted:

I see where you're coming from, but minifigs don't really have races.

So I guess having a skin tone is only for licensed characters?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
drat, that is the most Legolas elf that ever was.

Also, gimme all your gorilla suit guys.

Iveliosiudicium
Aug 21, 2003
Why are you looking at me like that?
The beard gets put on before the head.

I just spent about two hours rebuilding a few sets and organizing pieces left and right. I need to setup a desk for this poo poo, sitting indian-legged on the floor like I did when I was a kid doesn't work anymore. My ankles, knees, and lower back kill. It makes me feel old.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
I think that "rapper" is actually supposed to be K-Fed. That alone is hosed up beyond belief.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
I just noticed that the hula girl's skirt is a separate piece. Has there been leg accessories like that before?

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!

Moai Ou posted:

I just noticed that the hula girl's skirt is a separate piece. Has there been leg accessories like that before?

Yup, on the snow clone troopers.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

PopeOnARope posted:

Welp, the sumo wrestler is clearly going to be the crash test dummy of this set. Bland figure, duplicate, meaningless accessory. Everything else looks awesome though.

I dunno, he has that Japanese hair bun going on and that bare chested gut really adds an air of realism to any future trailer park MOCs.

The baseball player looks great if only for the hat. Does anyone know what his jersey says?

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Iveliosiudicium posted:

I just spent about two hours rebuilding a few sets and organizing pieces left and right. I need to setup a desk for this poo poo, sitting indian-legged on the floor like I did when I was a kid doesn't work anymore. My ankles, knees, and lower back kill. It makes me feel old.

I just experienced this myself putting together the new slave I. Kind of depressing! However, I did just pick up the Deep Freeze Defender cheap on ebay, to go with my equally cheap Ice Planet base and the Galactic enforcer, so there's some comfort there...

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Blacktron 2 remnants! :neckbeard:
And another Squidman! I love those guys.

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007
Mamma Mia, my hands are huge!

Uglycat posted:

I picked this up at TRU the other day as well.

I'm giddy.

I randomly bought this the other day, built it, and it's awesome.

I'll post some pics soon.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Series 3 have no bar codes correct?

Dame Cook
Aug 6, 2006

by I Ozma Myself

Indolent Bastard posted:

That's what we've been told. Which does actually make it the first series that I'll buy as intended.

Series 1 - bought the two I really wanted with the help of the barcodes and co-operative shop assistants.

Series 2 - bought all the parts I wanted from a Bricklink seller who had them for reasonable prices. Luckily I was one of the few people who wasn't really interested in the Spartan.

Series 3 - there are very few here that I'd be disappointed to get, so I'm probably going to buy a couple of lots blind and then pick up anything I'm missing from Bricklink, assuming the same seller buys a box or two again.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Indolent Bastard posted:

Indeed. :(

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Umbra Dubium posted:

I also want that Fisherman's beard!
That beard is also on some of the pirates stuff from last year - I think it was some castaway or some guy in a prison.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I think I am actually going to buy a sealed case of series 3.
In the first two, there weren't really enough figs that I found very interesting, but with the exception of the Sumo and the Racecar Driver, I want all of those.
God drat, I love that pilot.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I was at Target today and they have a Lego gift card that comes with a 31-piece target dog figure. It only costs whatever you load onto the gift card, which is valid on any purchase.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Link

Thoughts on the fabric pieces used? If they aren't sails or something similar I'm going to be much less impressed with it...

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Flavor Bear posted:

I think I am actually going to buy a sealed case of series 3.
In the first two, there weren't really enough figs that I found very interesting, but with the exception of the Sumo and the Racecar Driver, I want all of those.
God drat, I love that pilot.

Funny I don't care for many in series 3, that combined with no bar codes means I'm likely just skipping this round.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

fosborb posted:

Link

Thoughts on the fabric pieces used? If they aren't sails or something similar I'm going to be much less impressed with it...

I'm sure they are. Those holes are pretty Lego standard for sails. The red cloth pieces are minifig capes.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Loving the East German ladies tennis player.

The new accessories in this set are pretty cool, but too many of the bodies are meh.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

So I was thinking about making a review of the Clone Turbo Tank, but there's already a couple decent ones. Instead I went back to Smith's because (for my loyal and unending use of their fresh values card) I got a $15 back coupon in the mail. I settled on General Grievous’ Starfighter mostly for that sweet cockpit. With the coupon, the sale, and 10% off, I got it for ~$21. There's review here if you're interested.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!
Grievous looks so bored in this picture: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Okay/StarWars/CloneWars/8095/p1080339_small.jpg

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

He also looks a bit on the small and scrawny side.

Anyway, I made some major revisions to my half-track truck thing. It had the tilting cab before but I've rebuilt the whole cab and chassis more to my liking. I have to say it's really rewarding to make little stuff sometimes because you can make big changes so easily and quickly.

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK

Moai Ou posted:

I've not been particularly psyched for any of the minifig collections previously, but I really want the new Blacktrons. Some sort of captain for a new Blacktron battleship I still haven't imagined yet.

TheVigilante
Jan 23, 2005

when you gamble with the world's greatest manhunter...you bet your life!
I have been hit by a flash of inspiration.

This:

plus this:

equals:

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Iveliosiudicium posted:

I share your pain. Got the Imperial Flagship on Thursday, started at 6, finished at 11, went to bed satisfied but oh so achy. Yesterday at work was painful, to say the least. But I'll be damned if that ship isn't a great set.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

fosborb posted:

If they aren't sails or something similar I'm going to be much less impressed with it...

Man who even gives a poo poo. If you use non-lego bits in a lego creation and it still looks good, it in no way impacts the validity and coolness of the final product, unless you are a pedantic harpy.

Case in point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

So we had a Lego Atlantis party at my work (Borders) today that I'd volunteered to host. It would have been pretty awesome had they not given me the super thick pack of instructions and activities the night before when it wanted a week prep time and 2-3 employees hosting (It was only me).

I was surprised how many kids showed up though. (About 20. I figured we'd get upwards of 5 at most) We did some trivia and they all got a little Atlantis mini-set thing though and seemed to enjoy it enough, so I guess it turned out alright. Also I got to take home all the leftover sets, a good 15 or so. They're really small, about 35 pieces including a minifig, but I'm not complaining. :3: