Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Lpzie posted:

You guy have come through for me once in the past, and I'm hoping to put the nail in the coffin of this memory. Here's what I remember from this film:

I only recall one scene. And not all that well. It's a sci-fi film, I think. There were humans with cyborg parts or something. Anyway, some people are in a cavern or something and there's this girl who's probably a cyborg too. The guy that's with her goes out with other dudes to fight or something, and leaves her alone with some other guy. And when that same guy comes back he checks some LED light on the girl which tells him that the guy he left with her did something to her. He says "You just couldn't keep your hands off her, could you?"

I know that's super vague but that's all I recall. I saw it over 10 years ago, so it's not recent.

Perhaps one of the Cyborg or Nemesis movies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
I'm looking for one I saw during a summer camp when I was in high school in 2006. It was an older movie that had a 70s/80s feel to it. I think the plot had something to do with a guy in a chicken suit running around murdering people. I believe one of the characters was a tough, Fonz type (but not played for laughs) who wore a black leather jacket but I might be wrong on that. The whole movie was very, very cheesy and if I remember correctly in the end the guy in the chicken suit was a hallucination of some sort brought on by a drug binge. I think there was then a speech about how drugs were bad and you shouldn't do them and you should turn to Jesus instead. I am very hazy on the details and can barely remember any of it.

Anyway that isn't much to go on but I was just going to see if it sounds familiar to anyone.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Blood Freak

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

I barely remember this, but I saw a movie on late-night showcase or CBC or something back in the day (I was probably about 11 or 12).

The movie was set/filmed in the 60s or 70s based on what I can remember, and it involved this guy who was an architect or something. The only real scene I can remember was him laying there daydreaming about this dome, and it turned into a sideview of a girl's tit with the nipple at the top. It was like he was obsessed with tits, or inspired by them.

I know this isn't much to go on, but I'm sure if any of you know this movie, you'll know this scene.

TIA

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT

dudeguy posted:

I barely remember this, but I saw a movie on late-night showcase or CBC or something back in the day (I was probably about 11 or 12).

The movie was set/filmed in the 60s or 70s based on what I can remember, and it involved this guy who was an architect or something. The only real scene I can remember was him laying there daydreaming about this dome, and it turned into a sideview of a girl's tit with the nipple at the top. It was like he was obsessed with tits, or inspired by them.

I know this isn't much to go on, but I'm sure if any of you know this movie, you'll know this scene.

TIA

Everything You Wanted to Know About Sex but were Afraid to Ask?

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

the Bunt posted:

Everything You Wanted to Know About Sex but were Afraid to Ask?

hahah i hope so, because it was we were talking about this movie when I thought of that scene.

I'm going to watch it for my first time soon, see if it rings any bells.

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

Sir Nose posted:

Blood Freak

Haha yes thank you! It was a turkey not a chicken, awesome!

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Hey, Ive got a fuzzy image of a movie thats being bothering me since I was 8, the plot was something along the lines of a 10 year old kid finds some sort of bio metallic alien suit that has a mind of its own, it was sent to earth to avoid being destroyed in a war or something. Anyway the kid can't get out (of the suit) and ends up fighting some alien rip-off with the suit because the suit is the most powerful thing in the universe or some poo poo like that.
There was also a scene where the kid gets his teacher to unscrew the suit so he can take a piss.

Thats about all I can remember (also the suits face is stuck a mile down the uncanny valley) I saw it about ten years a go on television, it didn't look much older than, say, 1990.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

khwarezm posted:

Hey, Ive got a fuzzy image of a movie thats being bothering me since I was 8, the plot was something along the lines of a 10 year old kid finds some sort of bio metallic alien suit that has a mind of its own, it was sent to earth to avoid being destroyed in a war or something. Anyway the kid can't get out (of the suit) and ends up fighting some alien rip-off with the suit because the suit is the most powerful thing in the universe or some poo poo like that.
There was also a scene where the kid gets his teacher to unscrew the suit so he can take a piss.

Thats about all I can remember (also the suits face is stuck a mile down the uncanny valley) I saw it about ten years a go on television, it didn't look much older than, say, 1990.
Star Kid.

Skrewtape
Sep 10, 2003
I like pie
^^ :argh:

khwarezm posted:

Star Kid?

I very vaguely recall seeing this as a kid, and it sounds about right.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Action Jacktion posted:

Star Kid.

Yep thats it, creepy robot face and all, thanks!

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Does the suit in that robot film have a blade that comes out of the elbow?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
All I remember about this movie is the cover of the VHS when my parents rented it. It's a shot of a man hanging onto the undercarriage of a black car as it speeds towards a set of those anti-backup spikes/blades that some buildings' parking lots have.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Detective Thompson posted:

All I remember about this movie is the cover of the VHS when my parents rented it. It's a shot of a man hanging onto the undercarriage of a black car as it speeds towards a set of those anti-backup spikes/blades that some buildings' parking lots have.

Hit List, where the man in the undercarriage is Lance Henriksen being driven by Jan Michael Vincent
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095311/

It's actually kind of awesome and worth checking out.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Thanks!

Erasmus Darwin
Mar 6, 2001

Lpzie posted:

Does the suit in that robot film have a blade that comes out of the elbow?

You're thinking of a different robot/alien suit movie, The Guyver.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Does anybody remember and old movie from 10-20 years ago that had a cartoon rooster and a live action flash flood?

I remember the flash flood being a big plot point, with sand bags and all that. I believe that a kid got caught in the flash flood, almost died, and had an adventure with the cartoon characters.

I also remember that THIS MOVIE WAS A DEFINING PART OF MY CHILDHOOD but I don't recall anything further about it and my Google-fu is weak today.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

BrianBoitano posted:

Does anybody remember and old movie from 10-20 years ago that had a cartoon rooster and a live action flash flood?

I remember the flash flood being a big plot point, with sand bags and all that. I believe that a kid got caught in the flash flood, almost died, and had an adventure with the cartoon characters.

I also remember that THIS MOVIE WAS A DEFINING PART OF MY CHILDHOOD but I don't recall anything further about it and my Google-fu is weak today.

I believe you are looking for Rock-a-Doodle

Did the kid turn into a cartoon cat at the hands of an evil owl?

Hay Belly
Oct 16, 2007

by T. Mascis
Cheesy christian movie where a kid invents a superhero that comes to life? There's a scene where they walk through a park and everyone is singing/rapping. It's terrible.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
This was posted in the Comic Strip mega thread and I was wondering what movie is being promoted on the poster in the background.

Click here for the full 1210x806 image.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Elohssa Gib posted:

This was posted in the Comic Strip mega thread and I was wondering what movie is being promoted on the poster in the background.

Click here for the full 1210x806 image.

Faster

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

penismightier posted:

Faster

Thanks

JohnnyDavidson
May 13, 2010

I think Beauty and the Beast should have ended on this scene, because I don't understand symbolism in film and I am literally incapable of recognizing foreshadowing.
I don't even know if this movie exists, I remember someone describing the plot in the past though, this also could be spoilers, I don't know. Anyways, a person gets arrested for murdering his parents or something, but he didn't actually do it. They interrogate him until he starts to believe he actually did it because they keep saying like, you came home and murdered him with this knife etc. It sounds like a mix of 12 Angry Men and In The Name Of The Father.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
I think this was from a TV show, or TV movie. I only saw this one bit. An asian woman was killed by a scorpion sting to the back of the neck/head. She began to foam at the mouth before collapsing to the floor. It was more than a decade ago.

The Cunt Pickle
Sep 7, 2010
This one may be a very long shot since I was the movie close to 20 years ago. This does contain spoilers because I didn't know how else to describe it!

It was when the Disney channel was pretty new in the U.S. and played a few more young adult oriented movies at night. It must have been in the early 90's and the movie looked fairly new to me at the time of viewing. I remember it being the weekend and I kept the TV on while I slept. I woke up at about 3am and couldn't go back to sleep. I got stuck in this movie and I didn't sleep until the next night.

I remember the movie had actors that spoke in either a British or Australian accent (I was young and in East Tennessee- I couldn't tell them apart). The movie opened with a disembodied head following this kid around screaming "Barnaby Jones is dead" until the kid eventually fainted. He woke up and it was all a dream, only to discover Barnaby Jones was a distant relative who had died that night. They venture to his estate and the family learn that old uncle Barnaby was a freak with all sorts of supernatural powers and he discovered that these powers were genetic and he had spent his life trying to figure out what kid from that family had them too. The whole movie you're led to believe it's the kid from the opening scene, only to discover it's his sister and keeping these powers secret has driven her nearly insane- as old Barnaby went insane.

The whole movie is creepy as gently caress in my memory and I would love to see it again just to see what the gently caress was going on from an adult perspective. I've searched for years to no avail.

Thanks to anyone who gives it a shot.

The Cunt Pickle fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 7, 2010

Robin Sparkles
Apr 23, 2009

JohnnyDavidson posted:

I don't even know if this movie exists, I remember someone describing the plot in the past though, this also could be spoilers, I don't know. Anyways, a person gets arrested for murdering his parents or something, but he didn't actually do it. They interrogate him until he starts to believe he actually did it because they keep saying like, you came home and murdered him with this knife etc. It sounds like a mix of 12 Angry Men and In The Name Of The Father.

The Interrogation of Michael Crowe? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0330452/

Reginaldavid
Sep 30, 2006
beautiful cretin
There was a movie I heard about on here a long while back; I wrote down the title but then lost it, so hopefully someone can identify it for me. It was about a paranoid guy who becomes convinced that his boss is an alien, so he kidnaps his boss and tries to force him to confess.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

Reginaldavid posted:

There was a movie I heard about on here a long while back; I wrote down the title but then lost it, so hopefully someone can identify it for me. It was about a paranoid guy who becomes convinced that his boss is an alien, so he kidnaps his boss and tries to force him to confess.

Are you sure it wasn't an X-Files episode? That's the exact plot of the episode "Folie a Deux."

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

Reginaldavid posted:

This sounds a lot like Save the Green Planet!, a spectacularly off-the-wall and amazing Korean movie.

Reginaldavid
Sep 30, 2006
beautiful cretin
Edit: That looks like it exactly, ClydeUmney. Thanks!

Reginaldavid fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Nov 8, 2010

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

Reginaldavid posted:

I don't think so; the original poster said it was a full-length film that was largely about the imprisonment aspect and that he often watched with friends so that he could enjoy their "what-the-christ" reactions.

Yeah that totally ain't the X-Files.

....good episode, though.

Jay Dub
Jul 27, 2009

I'm not listening
to youuuuu...

The oval office Pickle posted:

This one may be a very long shot since I was the movie close to 20 years ago. This does contain spoilers because I didn't know how else to describe it!

This sounds an awful lot like one of the old Witch Mountain movies (Escape from / Return to), however that may not be what you're thinking of. I do remember those showing up on the Disney Channel fairly frequently in the early 90s.

Makarov_
Jun 10, 2006

"It's our year" - Makarov_ January 2018

JohnnyDavidson posted:

Also sounds like Wes Craven's Shocker.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Wizchine posted:

I think this was from a TV show, or TV movie. I only saw this one bit. An asian woman was killed by a scorpion sting to the back of the neck/head. She began to foam at the mouth before collapsing to the floor. It was more than a decade ago.

If it was slightly comedic (a guy in the bathroom mistaking her convulsions for being really really ready to have sex) then it might be "If Looks Could Kill".

In this case, it would be Carole Davis who might be remembered as being Asian I suppose.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I believe you are looking for Rock-a-Doodle

Did the kid turn into a cartoon cat at the hands of an evil owl?

Apparently so! I also forgot that the rooster turned into Elvis.

Interesting to note: it's a retelling of a Chaucer story. Huh.

Thanks!

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I just remembered this horror movie I saw a few years back. It had a terrible B-movie vibe to it with no-name actors, so I know it wasn't a big Hollywood production. It could have been straight to video for all I know, but I saw it on cable way back when.

All I remember is a group(?) of friends go hiking in some forest and come across a horribly inbred and deformed human monster thing that may have been a vengeful spirit of some sort. The kicker is he drove a giant armored monster truck from hell that ran each of them over one by one until it's just a single girl that's left. I think she somehow makes it to civilization and runs across a detective(?) who is investigating all the disappearances around the county and happens to know of inbred monster truck driver. They both go back into the forest and find a lone cabin in the woods that was once inhabited by inbred guy and find a man in a wheelchair with no legs that taunts them both over and over again, "He's gunna git'cha, hahahaha!" I think the wheelchair guy may have been the father of the inbred monster truck driver. I think dad or lone girl gets eviscerated somehow, and there may have been some witchcraft involved in that, but don't quote me on that.

The main thing is the deformed inbred guy driving an armored monster truck from hell chasing people down that wander into his forest.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.
It doesn't exactly fit the plot you detail, but you might be thinking of Monster Man.

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

You Are A Elf posted:

...stuff...

Apart from the Truck this sounds a lot like either "Wrong Turn" or slightly less like "Monster Man", just to get them out of the way.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Cavenagh posted:

It doesn't exactly fit the plot you detail, but you might be thinking of Monster Man.

westborn posted:

Apart from the Truck this sounds a lot like either "Wrong Turn" or slightly less like "Monster Man", just to get them out of the way.

God, I love this thread. Thanks, guys; it's Monster Man. I probably could have cut it down to "redneck monster drives killer armored monster truck" and gotten an answer. Dunno where all of that other stuff came from, but I still love this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cunt Pickle
Sep 7, 2010

Jay Dub posted:

This sounds an awful lot like one of the old Witch Mountain movies (Escape from / Return to), however that may not be what you're thinking of. I do remember those showing up on the Disney Channel fairly frequently in the early 90s.

It was in the spirit of the Witch Mountain movies but I had both of those on VHS and it definitely wasn't those. There were no aliens and this movie looked a lot newer.

There was a scene at the very end where the girl created a miniature universe and was spinning the earth with her finger. The mother asked what she was doing and she said "Playing Spinning the World" and there was a discussion about how it was a dangerous game and she shouldn't use her powers like that or to control people. I don't know why but that scene really sticks out in my head. There was another scene from the childhood of Barnaby Jones where he reached into a wooden table and pulled out what looked like a whittled animals. The wood turned all watery and sort of viscous while he was "forming" it.

Thanks for the try though!