Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.
:siren:New strip you jerks:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Nothing
Apr 26, 2005

Ray was on a stool when he glocked the cow.

vonnegutt posted:

Mrs. Badcrumble posted:

:siren: NEW STRIP IS UP :siren:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11052010

Pretty sure you're the jerk here.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Guys. Strip is up. I think he put the 11/5 strip up today. On 11/7.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.
I heard there might be a new strip? Can anyone confirm?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Guys, I just heard that Onstad is stripping on a webcam.

Can anyone confirm/deny?

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
:siren:I have eaten a new strip of bacon:siren:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Every time I went to achewood.com I'd get the October 18 strip, then I saw the link in here and clicked it, and now achewood.com properly shows this as the latest strip. That was weird.

I like the note from the president of the company to Roast Beef :)

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
If I took a year-long break from Achewood and came back, would I only miss a month's worth of strips?

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

vonnegutt posted:

Two things, dogg.

1. You're, like, two days late (but you know that already, right?).

2. You linked to the front page. You need to link that poo poo to the strip itself within assetbar so that people catching up on the thread will know :wtf: we are talking about.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Happy Hippo posted:

1. You're, like, two days late (but you know that already, right?).

King Nothing posted:

vonnegutt posted:

Mrs. Badcrumble posted:

:siren: NEW STRIP IS UP :siren:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11052010
Pretty sure you're the jerk here.
Who's the one who is late now, Happy Hippo?

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Cobweb Heart posted:

If I took a year-long break from Achewood and came back, would I only miss a month's worth of strips?

Based off the past 6 months, probably.

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

HAIL SATAN, PRINCE OF LIES
The best things in life are on time. For everything else, there's Onstad.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
That's blatantly wrong because these late strips are the best things in life.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
I found an inconsistency in the new comic: between Roast Beef reading the instructions and trying to click the link, the sentence changes from "...in a saucer of hot water" to "...in a saucer of warm water". Also, the formatting changes a bit to fit in the panel.

Still a really good one!

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Scratch-O posted:

I found an inconsistency in the new comic: between Roast Beef reading the instructions and trying to click the link, the sentence changes from "...in a saucer of hot water" to "...in a saucer of warm water".

whoa

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Mexican magical realism instructions.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Another fanflow update! The spice MUST flow.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
What's up with the newest strip's alt-text? God drat it Onstad, we love you, tell us what is the trouble with your life. Or if you feel like it just finish the drat arc with a tiny all-text strip.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Deathlove posted:

Another fanflow update! The spice MUST flow.

I paid for a month of the fanflow in like... July, was it? It was whenever that one lone update before this one was, and if it wasn't for being able to read the old ones when he actually updated it, it was a total ripoff. One comic in a month is annoying, but the fact it's free makes it kinda alright. When people are paying money, you might want to actually give them something for that.

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib
:siren: YOU GUYS :siren:

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe a copy of Cook Book II is hiding underneath that photo. :sigh:

StealthStealth
Aug 28, 2007

dogs eatin' cake
To derail from the raging, I recommended Achewood to my manager today. Shortly after I ended up with a printout of a pretty early strip on my desk with my manager snickering uncontrollably.

This also probably speaks volumes about my work environment.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gomi posted:

:siren: YOU GUYS :siren:

Fantastic! Book 1 was good but Book 2 with the authors notes and his little write-ups on meeting the characters was fantastic and I can't wait to get more of the same from Book 3.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

StealthStealth posted:

To derail from the raging, I recommended Achewood to my manager today. Shortly after I ended up with a printout of a pretty early strip on my desk with my manager snickering uncontrollably.

Early Cornelius is so surreal to read. He's changed so much.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

StealthStealth posted:

There now. Afraid of the police?

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.
I don't know how anyone could be afraid of Sting's early work. He just seems like a cool British dude to me.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
His real name is Gordon.

Also, I love the little in joke with Rays blogging crown when it appears.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

2004 Achewood was the best Achewood.
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12292004

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dodgeball posted:

I spent the whole evening since I saw the link to the beginning of the Goth arc rereading 2004 Achewood.

It really was some of the best times that Achewood ever had. Plotlines didn't get overbearing, multi-line strips didn't slow Onstad down, it was so lighthearted at times and so badass at times...

Roast Beef got all badass on Gramma K, Samuel H. Invisible, Pat got hardcore and shot Cornelius, the various strips about Phillippe running for President were hilarious, Tommy the Tummy, Manes, Ray jumping the bike on his desktop over Mount Everest...

Wow. Sometimes I forget how awesome Achewood is, and rereading a solid time period like this reminded me that Onstad is the loving man.

Come back to us, Onstad, and make silly fart jokes with your two cat main characters. I promise, I'll love you like I always did.

Don't be like this, baby.

rotinaj fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Nov 14, 2010

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

What do you mean 2004 wasn't that go

Oh.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Dodgeball posted:

god that was terrifying hahah

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
A guy on Mythbusters was just wearing a Dude and Catastrophe shirt.

That has to be a much bigger deal than some TIME award, huh?

hypocrite lecteur
Aug 21, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Dodgeball posted:

yeah basically

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Dodgeball posted:

So good, Bryan Lee O'Malley put it in Scott Pilgrim: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05112004

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I had a weird dream last night about Achewood. There was a new strip (that's not the weird part) where Ray was on Jeopardy. It was one long panel, kind of a time-lapse thing starting from the left and going right, where Ray kept giving correct answers. For each answer, in a thought bubble above his head was a character saying something related to the answer in the past and Ray high-fiving their past-self-memory for having said it. The last one was Teodor talking about PHP or some computer jargon that had no relevance to the current clue and Ray looking up all upset at him for not ever having said anything related to the clue. It was so vivid that when I woke up I had to check the site to make sure it wasn't there.

Do I have one of those... problems?

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months
Did this dream have alt-text?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Jack Bandit posted:

Did this dream have alt-text?

Yes, something about poker. It was related to one of the clues but I don't remember what, and I think it was just some nonsensical dream gibberish.

Blutnerd
Jul 22, 2007

Monoton und Minimal
Do you perhaps subscribe to some sort of über premium updates that are beamed directly to your mind?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
The other day I thought it'd be hilarious that in the back of the Van during this endless arc that'd Nathan would suddenly have a heart attack fueling his mega boner and his dying breath begs Téodor to keep doing it but the bear just sits there in a shocked panic til the cat passes away.

Then a day later after all the chaos has been resolved, something is pushed under the door of his room, it appears to be an envelope. He opens this envelope up and inside is a monochrome old fashioned photograph of the scene as if there was a hidden camera. Below it text reads I PROVED MYSELF A COWARD/WHO WOULDN'T BLOW A DYING MAN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I see the withdrawal has gotten so bad that we've started writing Achewood fanfiction.