Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Fooley posted:

I'm the opposite way. Switching between knit and purl, and slipping stuff to cable is the only thing that keeps me interested in long projects.

I did a small bit of cabling and I liked that, I think the thing is that if I'm knitting let's say garter or stockinette, I don't have to stare at my knitting constantly, and I can watch a movie while I knit. Even if I have to switch every row for garter, I can look down once to start the row, and then I can pretty much watch the TV for the rest of the row, until it's time to switch again.

If I'm doing ribbing or seed stitch, I can't really look up from my work, so there's no multi-tasking for entertainment. I just watched some videos and re-evaluated the way I'm knitting, and I realized that I'm "picking" the yarn off my finger when I knit, but "throwing" it when I purl, which requires me to completely reposition my hands when I switch between them (which is what's slowing me down). I should probably just try to find a more efficient way to purl.

In other news, I just finished a baby pumpkin hat last night (making this my second finished project).

FirstPumpkinHat-2 by angelmnemosyne

I used the "Baby Berry Hat" pattern, but made it orange so it was more seasonally appropriate.

EDIT: Looks less lumpy on an actual head, but I have no baby to model it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinica
Mar 20, 2007

Very cute hat :)

I need some help.. I´m knitting this jacket in size 12/18 months.
I´ve started on the sleeves, but now I´m very confused considering where to increase.. The pattern says: P1, M.2A over the next 56 sts, M.2B (= 4 sts), P1.
Insert a marking thread at the beginning of round and let the thread follow the piece as you progress = mid underarm. Continue in pattern as described above – at the same time when piece measures 6 cm inc 2 sts mid under arm. Inc 2 sts a total of 5 times on every 8th round = 72 sts, purl new sts.

Before I started increasing, the round ended with two cables (which I thought was odd). Am I supposed to increase between these? The way I read the pattern it seems that I´m supposed to increase at the beginning of the round, not the end..
I appreciate any help I can get.

(Edit: M.2A ends with a cable, M.2B is a cable).

Bob Shadycharacter
Dec 19, 2005

Xinica posted:

I´ve started on the sleeves, but now I´m very confused considering where to increase.. The pattern says: P1, M.2A over the next 56 sts, M.2B (= 4 sts), P1.
Insert a marking thread at the beginning of round and let the thread follow the piece as you progress = mid underarm. Continue in pattern as described above – at the same time when piece measures 6 cm inc 2 sts mid under arm. Inc 2 sts a total of 5 times on every 8th round = 72 sts, purl new sts.

Before I started increasing, the round ended with two cables (which I thought was odd). Am I supposed to increase between these? The way I read the pattern it seems that I´m supposed to increase at the beginning of the round, not the end..

Man, that pattern is not easy to read!

So at the beginning of the round you have a P1, then you go into M.2A, right? I would increase one stitch on either side of that stitch. You could just as easily do one in the last stitch as well, it would be exactly the same.

EDIT wait no - the last stitch is part of the cable in M2B. Dur. Yeah, increase on either side of that one purl. You'll get a widening column of purl stitches there.

It's a cute pattern! I've never knit anything for a baby, so I was TERRIBLY excited to learn a good friend of mine is going to have one next year. It's gonna be the warmest goddamn baby in human history.

Blue_monday
Jan 9, 2004

mind the teeth while you're going down
ok i am making my boy a pair of mittens with a habs logo/pokeball on them for christmas and I hope to god they will fit him :(

He has big hands so I might be over reacting. I'm also going to put a liner in them so they're a little on the looser side to consider for that.

Copy of the pattern - I've changed a few things around, namely the footprints have been nixed in favour of one on the thumb and the blue edges will start after the logos.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3655302/wheeee.jpg

Xinica
Mar 20, 2007

Bob Shadycharacter posted:

Man, that pattern is not easy to read!

So at the beginning of the round you have a P1, then you go into M.2A, right? I would increase one stitch on either side of that stitch. You could just as easily do one in the last stitch as well, it would be exactly the same.

EDIT wait no - the last stitch is part of the cable in M2B. Dur. Yeah, increase on either side of that one purl. You'll get a widening column of purl stitches there.

It's a cute pattern! I've never knit anything for a baby, so I was TERRIBLY excited to learn a good friend of mine is going to have one next year. It's gonna be the warmest goddamn baby in human history.

So then there is supposed to be "lots" of purl stitches in the beginning of the round, and the round ending in two cables? It doesn´t really make sense to me, but I guess that´s what the parrern says..

Edit: Hang on.. Have I been reading the diagram wrong? I´m supposed to read it from right to left right? Because I´ve been reading it from left to right, and now I feel really stupid.. At least that would explain why I got two cables at the end of the round...

Xinica fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Nov 2, 2010

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Xinica posted:

Are you reading that chart from right to left or left to right? M.2A doesn't end with a cable, it starts with one (chart should be read right to left for odd numbered rows).
The instruction you gave: P1, M.2A over the next 56 sts, M.2B (= 4 sts), P1 should look like this when knitted:

p1, M.2A cable then purls, M.2A cable then purls, M.2A cable then purls, M.2A cable then purls, M.2B cable, p1

So as for when to increase, it looks to me as if you place a marker at the beginning of this round that we're talking about to identify it as MID UNDERARM (carry this marker up with each round) then continue knitting in pattern until you are 6cm from your marking thread (placed much earlier). On that round, you will increase 2 stitches where your stitch marker is (one before marker and one after probably). You will increase 2 stitches every 8th round 5 times so that you have a total of 72 stitches. Then knit in pattern until you are 17 cm from your marking thread.

I'm guessing that the most of cables on the arms don't actually get any further apart from each other when you're doing the increases - all the increasing is occurring at MID UNDERAM.

Does that make sense, or am I crazy?

edit: Also, that pattern is a bitch to read.
Aaaaand you beat me to it!

Fionnoula fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Nov 2, 2010

Bob Shadycharacter
Dec 19, 2005

Fionnoula posted:

Are you reading that chart from right to left or left to right? M.2A doesn't end with a cable, it starts with one (chart should be read right to left for odd numbered rows).
The instruction you gave: P1, M.2A over the next 56 sts, M.2B (= 4 sts), P1 should look like this when knitted:

Seriously, I kept trying to say this and confusing myself even further, it's written rather poorly!

Technically, since its in the round, it should be read right to left for ALL rounds, since you're always knitting in the same direction.

It still ends with two cables right next to each other with a purl inbetween though, unless I'm REALLY stupid. The pattern says to start the sleeves "p1" then do chart A (cable, purl purl purl whatever) over and over again, then finally do chart B, which is a cable. So it begins and ends with a cable. Right?

EDIT: Oh I see, I was thinking it begins and ends with a cable right next to each other - meaning the beginning and end of the round which are right next to each other - and maybe she was saying that there are two cables right next to each other both at the end of the round, before the beginning which would be three cables right next to each other total. Goddamn, knitting, why are you so difficult to explain clearly in words?

Bob Shadycharacter fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Nov 2, 2010

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Seriously, I kept trying to say this and confusing myself even further, it's written rather poorly!

Technically, since its in the round, it should be read right to left for ALL rounds, since you're always knitting in the same direction.

It still ends with two cables right next to each other with a purl inbetween though, unless I'm REALLY stupid. The pattern says to start the sleeves "p1" then do chart A (cable, purl purl purl whatever) over and over again, then finally do chart B, which is a cable. So it begins and ends with a cable. Right?

EDIT: Oh I see, I was thinking it begins and ends with a cable right next to each other - meaning the beginning and end of the round which are right next to each other - and maybe she was saying that there are two cables right next to each other both at the end of the round, before the beginning which would be three cables right next to each other total. Goddamn, knitting, why are you so difficult to explain clearly in words?
You do end up with two cables separated by two purl stitches where one round ends and the next one begins, initially. Once you do all your increasing there though, you'd end up with 12 purls separating them (the original 2 plus the 10 increased stitches).

Xinica
Mar 20, 2007

Thanks for the help Bob and Fionnoula :) I started over again, this time reading the diagram from right to left, and now all is well.

I rarely knit using diagrams, and I always forget that you start from right..

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

My nonknitting art friend is the best enabler. Upon learning I would like to knit these:

Click here for the full 1532x1452 image.
(snowflake fingerless gloves from The Daily Skein)

she said since I don't need another pair of mittens (and fingerless things are pretty useless to me in the cold, my fingers get so frozen), she would wear them while she works in her studio. But she hates blue. So, given the broad range of KnitPicks palette to play with, she proceeded to spend a few hours working it out in her favourite colours: purple and orange. Now I have these:

Click here for the full 900x853 image.

Which I'm totally in love with and simply must make her now. So I got all the appropriate yarn.

Then realized Remcat on Ravelry had made some orange/red themed ones:

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

which are perfect for the boyfriend, who is weird and Canadian and laughs at the winter here in Des Moines and wears fingerless mitts in the dead of winter--and whose favourite colours are warm ones. So now I have yarn for two pairs, all in the guise of making things for friends.

(when in truth I just want to knit these mittens, they are so pretty! And build up my colourstash so I can just pull stuff out as I want. :3: )

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
I have leftover sock yarn from two pairs of socks. What can I make with it?

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Make a new pair of socks! Or make some mitts to match the socks (mitts use silly little yarn). Or make a toy out of it. A little one, but a toy.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
What's a mitts pattern that uses sock yarn? I don't really have enough for a second pair of socks.

lanfear
Nov 6, 2009

Nerdy Cat Lady
So I'm a knitting newbie who just decided a couple of days ago that it would be fun to learn how to knit. I just went to a local craft store and bought a beginners kit because I had no idea what tools I needed for any projects that I might take on.

All I've taught myself so far is how to cast on and do a basic knit stitch (I feel pretty retarded with knitting needles right now.)

Do you guys have any recommendations for simple projects for beginners? I have no idea what I'm doing at this point or which direction to go next now that I have the knit stitch down.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

lanfear posted:

So I'm a knitting newbie who just decided a couple of days ago that it would be fun to learn how to knit. I just went to a local craft store and bought a beginners kit because I had no idea what tools I needed for any projects that I might take on.

All I've taught myself so far is how to cast on and do a basic knit stitch (I feel pretty retarded with knitting needles right now.)

Do you guys have any recommendations for simple projects for beginners? I have no idea what I'm doing at this point or which direction to go next now that I have the knit stitch down.

Cast-on, knit, purl. Knit one side, purl the other, do that until you have a scarf. Do the same thing but on a circular needle (get some DPNs of the same size), learn decreases and you have a hat. Once you get that down do it live

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Look Under The Rock posted:

What's a mitts pattern that uses sock yarn? I don't really have enough for a second pair of socks.

I don't know if you're on Ravelry, but if you are, here's a search with mittens for fingering weight that are free. Enjoy! :3:

Ravelry Search

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

lanfear posted:

Check out knittinghelp.com and learn how to purl. Once you know both the knit and the purl, you can pretty much knit anything in the world. Basically everything is just a variant of either knit or purl.

I basically taught myself to knit too, and I ended up going to the library and finding knitting books for kids. They usually have a lot of really easy projects that use fairly thick yarn, so they work up fast.

Tatiana
Jan 29, 2001
Forum Veteran

lanfear posted:

knitting newbie

Although a scarf is the go to beginners project, I'm going to suggest you skip it because it sure can get repetitive and super boring. I would suggest dishcloths, a simple hat, or a cowl (because it's really just a shorter scarf ;)).
Get on Ravelry, because it's amazing. You can search for patterns by difficulty level, amongst a million other things.
Some easy patterns I found
Dishcloth:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/dish-cloth-knit-kkc-dishcloths
Cowl
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/my-kind-of-town-cowl
Hat
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/1-hour-hat

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Tatiana posted:

Although a scarf is the go to beginners project, I'm going to suggest you skip it because it sure can get repetitive and super boring. I would suggest dishcloths, a simple hat, or a cowl (because it's really just a shorter scarf ;)).
Get on Ravelry, because it's amazing. You can search for patterns by difficulty level, amongst a million other things.
Some easy patterns I found
Dishcloth:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/dish-cloth-knit-kkc-dishcloths
Cowl
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/my-kind-of-town-cowl
Hat
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/1-hour-hat

My first project ever was http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/wham-bam-thank-you-lamb-neckwarmer
It really helped me get used to the needles. I technically knew how to do knit stitch but felt really awkward with my needles before I started it and by the time I was done, the needles felt natural in my hands. After that I moved on to projects involving purls.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

My first project was a pouch for my GBA SP. Just knits, purls, two button holes and some seaming. Really simple and quick.

Xinica posted:

I rarely knit using diagrams, and I always forget that you start from right..

:psyboom: I didn't know this. Aw gently caress! At least my cardigan doesn't look too weird.

starburst
Mar 19, 2008
^It depends on what direction you're knitting in. If you're knitting in the round, then you read the chart always from right to left since you're knitting from right to left. If it's flat, then you read right to left on right side rows and left to right on the wrong side. One of my first charted projects was the Shedir Hat from knitty and I had to start over 3 times before I realized that this is why my cables weren't coming out correctly. So frustrating. Also I think some patterns only chart the right side if the wrong side is always just knitting the knits and purling the purls. But the pattern should say if this is the case.

starburst fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 4, 2010

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006
What are some good projects for a guy to knit that I can actually wear? I have the basic scarf and hats down, but it seems like the majority of interesting patterns are for women. Any ideas?

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Dr. Light posted:

What are some good projects for a guy to knit that I can actually wear? I have the basic scarf and hats down, but it seems like the majority of interesting patterns are for women. Any ideas?

Pullovers, cardigans, gloves, felted belts, vests if you're a vest-wearing kind of man. There's lots of nice bags, like messenger bags and laptop sleeves. I love the toiletry bag pattern from the book Knitting With Balls, it looks so nice.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

Fionnoula posted:

Pullovers, cardigans, gloves, felted belts, vests if you're a vest-wearing kind of man. There's lots of nice bags, like messenger bags and laptop sleeves. I love the toiletry bag pattern from the book Knitting With Balls, it looks so nice.

You forgot socks. Everybody needs socks.

Drei
Feb 23, 2006

she's incredible math

Dr. Light posted:

If you're on ravelry, there are a couple of male designers who have patterns that are both interesting and things that a guy would actually wear. Jared Flood and Stephen West are two of my favorites. I was actually just looking through Stephen's new book and decided to make Meadowbrook for my boyfriend for Christmas.

In terms of books, I also really like Son of Stitch n Bitch, Berroco Men, and Queensland Men.

It's funny/sad, but I was looking through a book called "Knits Men Want" and two thoughts occured to me: 1) all these knits are horribly boring and 2) these probably are the types of things that most men would actually seem to want in knitwear. :suicide:

Drei fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Nov 4, 2010

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.
I really like Stephen West's designs. Triangular shawls and shawlettes work really well as handkerchief scarves. My brother wears them all the time and loves them.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Fionnoula posted:

"Huh, messenger bags?"

*searches ravelry*

:aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa:

:aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa:

zamiel
Nov 12, 2005

Pugs not drugs
Silly question about slipping every first stitch per row to keep a pretty edge. I tried that last pattern and it ended up having some bumps to it, not a nice even one (looks neat though!) I slipped every stitch knit wise, so I'm guessing the even line one is slipped purl wise? And does this matter if one row starts with knit and another purl? Does my question even make sense?

Bob Shadycharacter
Dec 19, 2005

zamiel posted:

Silly question about slipping every first stitch per row to keep a pretty edge. I tried that last pattern and it ended up having some bumps to it, not a nice even one (looks neat though!) I slipped every stitch knit wise, so I'm guessing the even line one is slipped purl wise? And does this matter if one row starts with knit and another purl? Does my question even make sense?

I slip everything purlwise regardless personally. It doesn't matter if you're slipping knits on one side and purls on the other as far as I know.

Knits and purls are the same thing anyway, just viewed from opposite sides.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

I slip everything purlwise regardless personally. It doesn't matter if you're slipping knits on one side and purls on the other as far as I know.

Knits and purls are the same thing anyway, just viewed from opposite sides.

You do actually need to pick one and stick with it. I slip purlwise every time, my logic being that if I slip it knitwise then knit it when it's the last stitch on the next row, I basically end up with a twisted knit stitch (right?). Anyway, I've found it lumpier to slip knitwise, whereas slipping p-wise has always laid really flat and pretty.

Bob Shadycharacter
Dec 19, 2005

Fionnoula posted:

You do actually need to pick one and stick with it. I slip purlwise every time, my logic being that if I slip it knitwise then knit it when it's the last stitch on the next row, I basically end up with a twisted knit stitch (right?). Anyway, I've found it lumpier to slip knitwise, whereas slipping p-wise has always laid really flat and pretty.

Oh, yes - slipping knitwise does twist the stitch on the following round. I meant it's ok to slip a knit stitch on the right side and a purl stitch on the wrong side.

I may have misunderstood part of the question...

TastesLikeChicken
Dec 30, 2007

Doesn't everything?

Just finished my scribble scarf! I just washed it and hung it over my cheap Target floor lamp to dry.

The bulky is my first attempt at spinning art yarn, and the lace is the lace weight mohair I used to bind it. My manager has already called dibs on it for her Christmas gift.

TastesLikeChicken fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Nov 7, 2010

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

My dog thinks he's a pretty lady.

FelicityGS posted:

My nonknitting art friend is the best enabler. Upon learning I would like to knit these:

Click here for the full 1532x1452 image.
(snowflake fingerless gloves from The Daily Skein)

she said since I don't need another pair of mittens (and fingerless things are pretty useless to me in the cold, my fingers get so frozen), she would wear them while she works in her studio. But she hates blue. So, given the broad range of KnitPicks palette to play with, she proceeded to spend a few hours working it out in her favourite colours: purple and orange. Now I have these:

Click here for the full 900x853 image.

Which I'm totally in love with and simply must make her now. So I got all the appropriate yarn.

Then realized Remcat on Ravelry had made some orange/red themed ones:

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

which are perfect for the boyfriend, who is weird and Canadian and laughs at the winter here in Des Moines and wears fingerless mitts in the dead of winter--and whose favourite colours are warm ones. So now I have yarn for two pairs, all in the guise of making things for friends.

(when in truth I just want to knit these mittens, they are so pretty! And build up my colourstash so I can just pull stuff out as I want. :3: )

:sigh: These are so pretty. I'd go nuts making leg warmers or something if I was up to that level. I haven't tried more than one color, yet. One day (probably this month...). :allears:

But I feel like I'm going to tear my hair out trying to figure this out. Making a scarf with loop/pockets to slip the other end into and the pattern reads:

quote:

Cut yarn leaving a tail long enough to weave in. Place these 12 stitches on the second needle holder. Knit 12 rows of moss for the 12 stitches on the first needle holder.

Holding the needle and stitch holder together, one in front of the other, knit one stitch from needle and holder together, then knit one from the needle, one from the holder and alternate. Repeat until 4 stitches remain. Knit together one stitch from the needle and holder for these stitches. You now have a total of 17 stitches.

So, I get the moss stitch...but I guess the parts I'm having trouble with is how do I start knitting again after I already cut the yarn on the one side? Also, not sure how we go from 24 to 17 stitches with the wording.

:confused:

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

You're going to need to rejoin the yarn. What I do is set a few inch tail on the opposite side that I'm knitting on, and then knit. You can snug the that stitch up by tugging on the tail, and when you weave it in, it'll be pretty secure.

If I'm understanding the directions correctly, you are knitting together one stitch from the holder with one stitch for the needle. Then, knit one from the holder, one from the needle, one from the holder, one from the needle--do that until there are only 4 stitches total between the two. Now, knit together one from holder with one from needle, and do that twice--and you should have 17 stitches left.

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

My dog thinks he's a pretty lady.

FelicityGS posted:

You're going to need to rejoin the yarn. What I do is set a few inch tail on the opposite side that I'm knitting on, and then knit. You can snug the that stitch up by tugging on the tail, and when you weave it in, it'll be pretty secure.

If I'm understanding the directions correctly, you are knitting together one stitch from the holder with one stitch for the needle. Then, knit one from the holder, one from the needle, one from the holder, one from the needle--do that until there are only 4 stitches total between the two. Now, knit together one from holder with one from needle, and do that twice--and you should have 17 stitches left.

...oh man, so since I was able to know what to look for when I looked up a video for joining, it just seems so EASY now!

Thanks! Hopefully I'll finish this up tonight and get pictures up. I'm a little excited my first non-blocky scarf is going so well. Those little counter things you slip on your needle has totally saved my rear end, too.

zamiel
Nov 12, 2005

Pugs not drugs

Oh, yes - slipping knitwise does twist the stitch on the following round. I meant it's ok to slip a knit stitch on the right side and a purl stitch on the wrong side.

I may have misunderstood part of the question...

That explains why it was near virgin tight to work that last stitch.

The last part that I was afraid wouldn't be clear was if you have to change which way you slip the first stitch of a row depending on how you'll work it in the next row, but seems the answer is no (unless I'm reading wrong holy crap why is my brain dumb) I have to laugh at myself for getting into a craft that I have to explain things to ask questions when it's one of my huge issues.

In much better news, IT'S DONE! Baby Blanket 1: Washed and didn't come apart (russian joins rule, my weaving of ends sucks but works!) Shipping it out shortly for the Turkey. And going to try to bang out a similar one in under a month for #2. Then 3 is sometime this spring maybe...babies!

DSCN0783 by Zamiel4tw, on Flickr

Rilae
Apr 10, 2007
Disinclined to acquiesce to your request

zamiel posted:

In much better news, IT'S DONE! Baby Blanket 1: Washed and didn't come apart (russian joins rule, my weaving of ends sucks but works!) Shipping it out shortly for the Turkey. And going to try to bang out a similar one in under a month for #2. Then 3 is sometime this spring maybe...babies!

I really like that pattern! Is there somewhere I could find it? I recently started knitting, and I'm sick of scarves.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

On a break from my vest I finished a second sock.

elevatordeadline
Jan 29, 2008

Mnemosyne posted:

In other news, I just finished a baby pumpkin hat last night (making this my second finished project).
FirstPumpkinHat-2 by angelmnemosyne

I used the "Baby Berry Hat" pattern, but made it orange so it was more seasonally appropriate.

EDIT: Looks less lumpy on an actual head, but I have no baby to model it for me.
I made this hat too! except mine is in red and not knit very well. I made it last month for an "online baby shower" as a gift for someone on the internet who'd had a baby but is living with her mother because her boyfriend/husband/whatever took off and left her unable to afford her apartment. It's the first thing I've finished since teaching myself to knit last summer. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zamiel
Nov 12, 2005

Pugs not drugs

Rilae posted:

I really like that pattern! Is there somewhere I could find it? I recently started knitting, and I'm sick of scarves.

It's a very easy knit, and is actually only my 2nd project so you can totally do it too :) Discovered it browsing around Ravelry, enjoy! http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/home/free-knitting-patterns-for-baby-blankets2.htm