Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah me too. For those who are interested, anything after the flashback in this week's episode is canon material. This is getting ridiculous, they're starting to gently caress with their own continuity now. Next week they team up with Gaara? I guess they can make an excuse for it but jesus why don't we just move along with the loving story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!
Where in the manga is it right now? I can't watch this anymore :(

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

User0015 posted:

Where in the manga is it right now? I can't watch this anymore :(

Read the OP. :colbert:

Also yeah, I cannot legit think of where next week's filler even could fit in the continuity. This is approaching Bleach territory.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe
Looking at ep titles on Wikipedia, it sounds like we're in filler territory for at least the next month; that many filler eps in a row, wouldn't surprise me if it went a good deal longer, too.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah you know it's bad when episode 184 is titled Set out! Team Ten-ten. :smithicide:

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
I want a new Chuunin Exam filler. Naruto can team up with Konohamaru as Team Rasengans The gently caress Out Of Everyone. We can't be left with Naruto being made to get Tenten sandwiches since she's higher ranked.

Beautiful Ninja fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Oct 15, 2010

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Beautiful Ninja posted:

I want a new Chuunin Exam filler. He can team up with Konohamaru as Team Rasengans The gently caress Out Of Everyone. We can't be left with Naruto being made to get Tenten sandwiches since she's higher ranked.

I have wanted that ever since Part 2.

Naruto Killua'ing a Chunnin Exam.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
He'd go into sage mode and complete part 2 and 3 in about twenty seconds. It would own.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
I like Tenten and wish she had more depth and got more face time. I like her Ultimate Arsenal "Everything-but-the-kitchen-sink" fighting style. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure, her and Shino are only ones out of all the major teams that never got any kind of a flashback origin story. Even Ino had one that she shared with Sakura. I wish Kishimoto would remedy that but he probably never will since if he were going to he'd have done it in part 1. It's possible there was some stuff they made up in the filler but I watched maybe 4-5 episodes of the part 1 filler and skipped a lot of the part II filler as well (3 tails, Bubble ninja, ) so I wouldn't know.

With the obvious exception of Shikamaru I actually find Team Guy to be more interesting than Team Asuma or Team Kurenai. Rock Lee is probably my favorite character.

And yeah I agree with everyone else here that seeing Naruto go through the Chunnin exams again would be funny. Obviously they wouldn't need to make it anywhere near as long as they original Chunnin arc but they could probably get a few more comedic episodes out of it. Even if they just did it as filler it'd be interesting to check out.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
How far ahead is the manga these days, anyway? Are we hitting filler territory because we've started to get too close, again? I just want to know if we should be expecting more filler past the next 3 or so episodes.

On another note, anyone else picking up Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 for PS3 or 360 tomorrow?

I've read they improved the story mode quite a bit removing a lot of frustrating parts from the first one and making it more RPGish. The combat is still pretty much the same with the single melee attack button, which as a fighting game fan, kind of irks me. I like the Clash of Ninja Revolution series combat system better as it's deeper and allows for more complexity and combos. If they ever combined the Clash of Ninja Revolution series combat system with the graphics and 3D free movement of the Storm series it would be incredibly awesome.

I'll still be picking this up though as it just looks far too amazing not to get.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 19, 2010

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Chapter wise the canon stuff they've been sprinkling in the filler is about chapter 451, and this week's chapter will be 514. It really isn't too close, and the way they did the last couple arcs with sometimes 1 chapter/episode sometimes 2 really seemed to work. I can understand a few episodes in between arcs like they've been doing but there isn't a need for anything prolonged. Hopefully this will be over before december.

Deadpan Science
Sep 6, 2005

by angerbeet
Gaara kun :nyoron:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Filler bullshit continues, these plots are horrendous. Next week we get team ten-ten!

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro
After watching all these fillers, I learned something. All of these nameless cannon fodder ninja are horrendously bad at their jobs.

The highlight of this episode was Tonton in a chemical suit, she was kinda adorable.

Deadpan Science
Sep 6, 2005

by angerbeet
How long is this supposed to go on for btw?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Well the list of episodes on wikipedia only goes up to next week's, so we could be optimistic and say it'll be over after next week. We could, but we won't. Because we aren't optimistic :(

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Kingtheninja posted:

Well the list of episodes on wikipedia only goes up to next week's, so we could be optimistic and say it'll be over after next week. We could, but we won't. Because we aren't optimistic :(

I finally lost all hope the moment I saw the words "Team Ten-Ten". :negative:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

It's funny, You'd think the low point would be an episode titled "Team Ten-ten". You'd think that, but you'd be wrong. next episode: Capture that ostrich!

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

That animation must have cost all of 50 bucks

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro
It looks like the same ostrich from the "Naruto's revenge lesson" about 4 episodes back.

The longer we're in filler, the more ironic the thread title gets.
Maybe it should be changed to: Naruto Shippuuden Thread 5: The Horrible Pain of Filler

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Kingtheninja posted:

It's funny, You'd think the low point would be an episode titled "Team Ten-ten". You'd think that, but you'd be wrong. next episode: Capture that ostrich!

What?! FFS, are they gearing up to end this series and start a new one? This seems awfully familiar to the long series of filler episodes at the end of the Original Naruto series.

Stoph
Mar 19, 2006

Give a hug - save a life.

Mufreesboro posted:

What?! FFS, are they gearing up to end this series and start a new one? This seems awfully familiar to the long series of filler episodes at the end of the Original Naruto series.

Spoiler alert: no

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Kingtheninja posted:

Chapter wise the canon stuff they've been sprinkling in the filler is about chapter 451, and this week's chapter will be 514. It really isn't too close, and the way they did the last couple arcs with sometimes 1 chapter/episode sometimes 2 really seemed to work. I can understand a few episodes in between arcs like they've been doing but there isn't a need for anything prolonged. Hopefully this will be over before december.

Sprinking a little bit of canon poo poo inside filler is the worst crime an anime can do. I'll just stop watching before I'll accede to that poo poo. I hate having to explain to my wife that something sort of relevant happened in the course of 15 weeks of filler poo poo and then she gets pissed off and wants to know what happened.

canned_fruit
Feb 4, 2008

Angry Grimace posted:

Sprinking a little bit of canon poo poo inside filler is the worst crime an anime can do. I'll just stop watching before I'll accede to that poo poo. I hate having to explain to my wife that something sort of relevant happened in the course of 15 weeks of filler poo poo and then she gets pissed off and wants to know what happened.

You watch Naruto with your wife?

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.

canned_fruit posted:

Saskue. Think about it.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

canned_fruit posted:

I would think the answer to that is obvious based on the post you derived the question from.

A SPECIAL UNICORN
Apr 12, 2006

REALLY FUCKING SPECIAL

Zexerous posted:

Saskue. Think about it.

Hey now, I'm married and I watch it with my husband. I can assure you it isn't for Sasuke :v:

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
Really, anyone interested in Sasuke at this point in the game are the dregs of humanity.

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.

Lazenca posted:

Hey now, I'm married and I watch it with my husband. I can assure you it isn't for Sasuke :v:

You have a Lenore avatar though, you don't count. You're clearly smart enough to know what good entertainment is.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!
AV-less people are not second class citizens. We have good taste too. :colbert:

A SPECIAL UNICORN
Apr 12, 2006

REALLY FUCKING SPECIAL

Zexerous posted:

You have a Lenore avatar though, you don't count. You're clearly smart enough to know what good entertainment is.

If that were truly the case I probably wouldn't be watching this show anymore. That said I'm skipping filler. Is there any indication when canon will start again?

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Shameless copypaste from wikipedia of the next episode titles:

185 "Animal District"
November 11, 2010

186 "Ah, Medicinal Pill of Youth"
November 18, 2010

189 "Sasuke's Paw Encyclopedia"
December 2, 2010

190 "Naruto and the Old Soldier"
December 9, 2010

So we can assume Team Guy (:v:), and possibly a Sasuke-centric episode (:suicide:)

edit: what interests me is the gap between the 18th and the 2nd. Is that when the next movie comes out or something?

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 11, 2010

wutz
Oct 23, 2010

oops delete

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Welp, we're probably in filler town til the end of the year.

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

I'll see you guys in july

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
edit: Link removed, thanks for the tip H.R. Hufflepuff. (I've got the next DVD boxset on order, and I have pretty much every volume so far; I'd like to think I'm not a thieving scumbag :ohdear:)

Okay, so the joke ending after the next episode preview is actually pretty funny. The rest is pretty much garbage unless you like Shino getting screentime.

Also ninja ostrich.

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Nov 12, 2010

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
This episode was nearly as bad as piss rainbows. The gags were recycled almost as much as the animation and the plot also skipped around like they didn't finish the script in time for production. I think this is easily the lowest quality shippuuden episode yet, but it is also well into "so bad its good" territory.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Pyrotoad posted:

https://yarr

Okay, so the joke ending after the next episode preview is actually pretty funny. The rest is pretty much garbage unless you like Shino getting screentime.

Also ninja ostrich.

You might want to get rid of that link. We all know that not everybody watching the new episode every week is actually doing it with a paid CR subscription, but please don't link those thieving scumbags.

IBurnStuffAlot
Feb 25, 2008

:siren:DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN:siren:
I want an episode thats just shikamaru, sai and Rock lee sparring sage mode naruto. And bring back sweet chakra blades. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Wow, this latest episode was better then I expected. The fight scene is well animated and pretty cool too. Looks like the next episode brings back that wierd lipstick frog again for genjutsu training.

Is anyone else wierded out by the timeline? Last episode and in the preview for next episode, Sasuke had left, but this one has him still in hospital.

• Locked thread