Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Rossi gets away with murder because he puts on a good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!

Z3n posted:

Rossi gets away with murder because he puts on a good show.

Pretty much. That pass may have been ilegal as hell, but it looked so amazing that nobody had the right to deny him it...

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

cmorrow001 posted:

Is he coming out after the race? I can see how some people thought that Rossi's pranks made him seem like a prick but this is a whole new level.

Click here for the full 799x531 image.

This is an old photo showing his teammate Colin Edwards in front of him. The GO!!!! thing was Galoises(sp) cigarette advertising. Since you couldn't say the actual name the companies would come up with stuff like that. The most famous version of that being the Marlboro barcodes and stuff like that.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

n8r posted:

The most famous version of that being the Marlboro barcodes and stuff like that.

Is that what that was? I always thought that was Alice's logo.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Rizla is displayed proudly however :france: :420:

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

2ndclasscitizen posted:

And yes, that Laguna pass was dodgy as poo poo and if it was anyone else they would've had to concede the place or be black-flagged.

Really? He made the pass at the turn into the Corkscrew and couldn't hit the line of the 'screw. If he had made a pass in the first part of a regular chicane and run over the curb on the second part, nobody would call it illegal. He made the pass on the pavement then hit the dirt on the exit/next corner, it happens all the time but people usually get passed back for it.

It was reckless, and the fans let him get away with it without loss of respect because it was a good show, but I really don't think it should be considered illegal.

reir
Nov 19, 2004

Does body fat count for AGATT?

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

Really? He made the pass at the turn into the Corkscrew and couldn't hit the line of the 'screw. If he had made a pass in the first part of a regular chicane and run over the curb on the second part, nobody would call it illegal. He made the pass on the pavement then hit the dirt on the exit/next corner, it happens all the time but people usually get passed back for it.

It was reckless, and the fans let him get away with it without loss of respect because it was a good show, but I really don't think it should be considered illegal.

It doesn't matter that he did the pass the corner before, doing so made him need to run off and straight line the corner, giving him an advantage that should have been conceded.

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006

reir posted:

Does body fat count for AGATT?

I like the (very few spots i can see it) painting in that bike...

content

CBX 12v

def snow leppard
Sep 12, 2010

Primo Itch posted:

CBX 12v

Theres a video for that bike.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEe6c3KIUB4

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

2ndclasscitizen posted:

It doesn't matter that he did the pass the corner before, doing so made him need to run off and straight line the corner, giving him an advantage that should have been conceded.

nobody ever gets penalized for that in Formula 1. Yeah there's always a bit of moaning when it happens and Martin Brundle is always on about "didn't gain an advantage but failed to lose the advantage", but it seems the rules in racing are once you're past someone legally you can screw up the next corner all you like, you're in front. It's up to the guy behind to take the position back.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

n8r posted:

This is an old photo showing his teammate Colin Edwards in front of him. The GO!!!! thing was Galoises(sp) cigarette advertising. Since you couldn't say the actual name the companies would come up with stuff like that. The most famous version of that being the Marlboro barcodes and stuff like that.

I always liked the Benson & Hedges "Buzzing Hornets".

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

n8r posted:

I was kinda curious about that, since all the 2-strokes still said Galoises. I'm surprised tobacco companies still put so much money into sports when they can't even really advertise.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Slim Pickens posted:

I was kinda curious about that, since all the 2-strokes still said Galoises. I'm surprised tobacco companies still put so much money into sports when they can't even really advertise.

Marlboro seems to be the only folks that are really involved in lots of motorsports sponsorship these days aren't they? I think they've established so much brand recognition with their red liveries that it's still a viable advertising option. At least on Eurosport MotoGP broadcasts and Speed F1 broadcasts the teams are referred to as Marlboro Ducati and Marlboro Ferrari respectively. That's got to count for something.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

n8r posted:

Marlboro seems to be the only folks that are really involved in lots of motorsports sponsorship these days aren't they? I think they've established so much brand recognition with their red liveries that it's still a viable advertising option. At least on Eurosport MotoGP broadcasts and Speed F1 broadcasts the teams are referred to as Marlboro Ducati and Marlboro Ferrari respectively. That's got to count for something.

It makes me want to smoke.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Extreme street and dirt multi-tasking!

Tang_
May 8, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYEXW3ffPUQ&hd=1

My last video for the year. Some fast open fire trails, hills and my reason to stop riding for a few months.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I'm so jealous of his ute.

How's the ankle, what's recovery time looking like? Also, I laughed my rear end off at 2:35. I don't think that ever gets old.

Tang_
May 8, 2007
Yeah its a drat nice ute, its had a hard life though! The ankle is having 6 weeks in a cast, then physio starts. The problem with that is I'm going to Thailand for 4 weeks in 5 weeks time. Does beer repair ankles??

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

It does, but only as long as you keep drinking it...

ohwandernearer
Jul 15, 2009

Armyman25 posted:

Extreme street and dirt multi-tasking!

I can imagine this be awesome.

I can also imagine this ending in tears.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Only in combination with your pain meds.

Here's a bunch of random photos from my impulsive San Fran road trip. We took PCH (Highway 1) pretty much the whole way. I think we underestimated it a bit. I don't entirely recommend 10 hours on a bike in a day. I wish we had more time to stop and take photos but we were on a time crunch. However, riding up through Big Sur made it entirely worth it. That and whoever "invented" Super Motos made them for the sole purpose of riding around San Fransisco. So fun.

Gearing up

Malibu

San Luis Obispo

-also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYu7DQn5vAI

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

SF is basically the best playground ever made for sumos.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

Z3n posted:

SF is basically the best playground ever made for sumos.

SF made my oil/air cooled GSX-R almost melt :( The clutch started making really, really bad noises when pulling away from stops. My left hand also turned into mush. God I wish I had a sumo for any city part of that trip. Looks like you had a bunch of fun Christoff.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Tang_ posted:

The problem with that is I'm going to Thailand for 4 weeks in 5 weeks time. Does beer repair ankles??

Thailand is full of tourists with broken ankles anyway, so many people crash their rental bikes, you'll blend right in.

Frost
Dec 6, 2003
Don't let the Frost bite you
5 weeks should be plenty to get your ankle back to almost normal, you just have to wear proper shoes instead of flip flops down there or it will be ruined in no time.

And if beer doesn't repair you, try Samsong, that helps with everything.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Frost posted:

you just have to wear proper shoes instead of flip flops down there
Up there, he's Ausie az bru, they had a ute.

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS

Tang_ posted:

I'm going to Thailand for 4 weeks in 5 weeks time. Does beer repair ankles??

Singha repairs everything... for a couple hours anyway. Buckets of Sangsom will somehow end with the other ankle also broken, but you won't remember any of it.

Tang_
May 8, 2007

Zool posted:

Up there, he's Ausie az bru, they had a ute.

Thats Kiwi innit?

Yeah the ankle should be fine in about 5 weeks I hope, but my leg muscles wont be. I know last time I had a cast on it took me over a week after getting the cast off to even get a decent range of movement back. Such is life!

Tang_ fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Nov 11, 2010

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Goddamit H-D!:argh:

2ndclasscitizen fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 11, 2010

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
Kiwi az bru.

I've been watching too much Beached Whale. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdVHZwI8pcA

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Smooth operator:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi6N5Iyqfwk&feature=related

tzam
Mar 17, 2009
Did they attach that towline to the forks?!

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I've seen a similar thing with an ATV and a 1974 Ducati Darmah. It was... sketchy to say the least.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Spiffness posted:

I've seen a similar thing with an ATV and a 1974 Ducati Darmah. It was... sketchy to say the least.

He didn't drop it though, that's a key difference. I know a guy who rode a Vincent black shadow while being towed by another black shadow for about 60 miles.

Tang_
May 8, 2007
We tow each other all the time with no problems. These guys didnt really think it through though did they? A rope to the middle of the bars makes it easy.

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006

Spiffness posted:

I've done this to an old DT 180 that wouldn't start no matter what... With me on the bike. Everything went pretty well.

modgethanc
Dec 27, 2005
one flew east, one flew west
Too many words, not enough cranky old UJMs.

1980 Kawasaki KZ440, 1980 Honda CM400

Some excellent wisdom from the Kaw:

On the road:

The Honda's getting some pretty major surgery at the moment. I am entirely not opposed to the fact that I've thrown more money at that thing getting new parts (a new cylinder block? new pistons? renting a u-haul to tow it 200 miles when it dies under me? sure!!! anything for my old lady!!!!!!!) than I paid for it to begin with. You never forget your first love.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Just a few shots of the KY countryside from a point and shoot I use as a bar cam, click for big.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 13, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czHPG6i31Yk
Spielen in der heimat!