Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

slidebite posted:

That height can't be stock can it? The front end looks like it could be used to mow the lawn it is on.

I e-mailed the seller and she said it's lowered and tinted, but otherwise totally stock. VERY tempting.

Edit: Mechanically stock

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 8, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I e-mailed the seller and she said it's lowered and tinted, but otherwise totally stock. VERY tempting.

Are those wheels stock? I thought they all had 7-spokes.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

angryhampster posted:

Are those wheels stock? I thought they all had 7-spokes.

They're stock Civic wheels, but not Si. I would replace them with the wheels I have in the garage either way.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Stream of consciousness analysis:

Lowered / tinted / wheels... that's not a stock car. Who knows what mods have been on there and removed. You can't get a good look at the exhaust, but the shot from the right rear looks like there's a fart cannon on there. VTEC stickers have been removed. Doesn't the Si come with a spoiler on the back?

That's a laundry list of mods that certainly don't qualify it as "unmolested."

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

meatpimp posted:

Stream of consciousness analysis:

Lowered / tinted / wheels... that's not a stock car. Who knows what mods have been on there and removed. You can't get a good look at the exhaust, but the shot from the right rear looks like there's a fart cannon on there. VTEC stickers have been removed. Doesn't the Si come with a spoiler on the back?

That's a laundry list of mods that certainly don't qualify it as "unmolested."

hmmmm...good point on the exhaust. the spoiler was an option on the Si, and stickers are easily removable. maybe i'll just skip it since it's like 80 miles away.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

slidebite posted:

That height can't be stock can it? The front end looks like it could be used to mow the lawn it is on.

I think the Si model sat a bit lower than others of the same year, and that might be really long grass.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

robotsinmyhead posted:

That is really nice, and in the best color. Looks amazing under fluorescent lights.

That'd be awesome for when I take my Honda to the rave

(just kidding :) )

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

http://pennstate.craigslist.org/cto/2047803736.html

92 NSX, $5k. I e-mailed the guy asking if the ad is for real, and he responded saying "yeah it's for real, but the car has no title."

How exactly does he think selling a car with no title is a good idea/going to happen?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Scam.

For 5k, even a 92 NSX will have been on fire at some point.

KlementGottwald
Dec 24, 2009

by angerbot

VideoTapir posted:

Scam.

Or have severe accident damage.

The Blue L-Block
Oct 1, 2005
Tetris <3

KlementGottwald posted:

Or have severe accident damage.

Knowing craigslist, it could even be a fierro. :v:

Good to know that I wasn't the only one whose BS detector that ad set off.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

VideoTapir posted:

Scam.

More like still on fire, currently.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Given the amount of dumb mods he listed it's very likely there's even more he's not talking about (or that have been removed), or the car is just plain thrashed and those pictures are five years old.

Either way I would expect the engine to sound like an old diesel pickup when you start it.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

The funniest ad I've ever seen on CL:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2038875609.html

quote:

Hey Folks,
Please read this: Here I have Mitsubishi Lancer RalliArt (Downgraded Lancer Evo) Has exact same body as Lance Evo Exact the same interior its just not supper charged (waste of gas)
2.4L 4 cylinder, Automatic with only 41k miles, Clean Title and Only One Owner. This car is really really rare and if you see it on the street ask owner if he wants to sale it 100% answer will be NO. I have all the records of the car, every oil change and tiers checks. here is the thing with the car: It has rear end damage not a big deal at all my mechanic said he will fix it for $1500 including parts. I just don't have money to fix it really don't want to let it go because car is in perfect condition super clean. Here are the big futures: Sunroof, cruise control, Sound system in the drunk and extra sound things under the seat, blue head lights, Rims, AC/Heater, AM/FM, Automatic mirrors, ABS (all 4 wheels), bar under the hood ( makes car take sharps turns without slighting of the road) ETC.... Everything works fine like I said car is in perfect condition. only thing is rear end.
kelly blue book price is over $9000 but this is not the car that you rate by kbb price it worth much more. I'm asking $6800 or best offer (please don't call me and offer me $5000) + I will hook you up with my mechanic I guarantee $1500 is the best price you will find. (familly friend) this car worth every penny!
Car located in Sacramento
So if you are interested please feel free to give me a call with any questions and your offers at (916)534-6859
Thank You.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Comrade Flynn posted:

The funniest ad I've ever seen on CL:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2038875609.html

Craigslist Retard posted:

asdlkgasjld kvj;aosdfuyq98532isd97rq351oeif;osdua51-0u35r[asdgadkutqp8435n qidejp90ad78rpq395qpwhf kasdfjhpqwo3481p12u;ad;oyi3pqjhefjnasdfap07r1-8351-718275-qwdfknzc;vlnzlxvkhz;dgiype8tq-39751834797-1939oqjzpiaye58138163956792rh;ksd;fhcmzvclfoip98y6573517-513y9rqij;asnv,xvhlisupq8y1upoij ,zxndiptiu75[0[qasdiutq09435713-51928340r9aqsjd;flk nmcxv,nzx,cvzlkcufaietu7q-8571-271-82u75oqiwjf;lkmvczkhdofajdvbnhmukymrtudsaetiyq859670q912ebfyaosjdfvnwe8512uradsvchldoadyq9w5ypqoeja sdovkjnazc;v.kjpoauiydsgp9eaywq8732p5913p5oirhaqowde;kjsxcnfzadfiueyr1i342pq1eas.fnask,fnz,vmzndkfhewut81y3571yp3591p2935ypqow ed.kasj.jadk ashlfadlasiuepqiahdspogatwyuep9578q3p[1j2or3knma;sldkfn;jakxv;sdls'bggnukli

This man has much to learn about the concept of keyword spamming :rolleye:

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

I am about to have a supper charged with hot sauce and beer.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

angryhampster posted:

I am about to have a supper charged with hot sauce and beer.

waste of food.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I'm thinking about putting my sound system in the drunk too. I've already installed a bar under the hood so I can go longer between trips to the liquor store(captain morgan works best I've found). Is there a good ratio of seats:sound things I should stick to?

I also went to a shop for supper charging too but the guys at the old country buffet just looked at me weird. Does the after dinner snack bracket fit onto the N/A engine or am I looking at some fabricationcooking here?

jshoreflyer
Jan 19, 2009

Oh You Wan Taste Rainbow? Skittle No Good Only Rice An Noodle!
Craigslist Retard posted:
asdlkgasjld kvj;aosdfuyq98532isd97rq351oeif;osdua51-0u35r[asdgadkutqp8435n qidejp90ad78rpq395qpwhf kasdfjhpqwo3481p12u;ad;oyi3pqjhefjnasdfap07r1-8351-718275-qwdfknzc;vlnzlxvkhz;dgiype8tq-39751834797-1939oqjzpiaye58138163956792rh;ksd;fhcmzvclfoip98y6573517-513y9rqij;asnv,xvhlisupq8y1upoij ,zxndiptiu75[0[qasdiutq09435713-51928340r9aqsjd;flk nmcxv,nzx,cvzlkcufaietu7q-8571-271-82u75oqiwjf;lkmvczkhdofajdvbnhmukymrtudsaetiyq859670q912ebfyaosjdfvnwe8512uradsvchldoadyq9w5ypqoeja sdovkjnazc;v.kjpoauiydsgp9eaywq8732p5913p5oirhaqowde;kjsxcnfzadfiueyr1i342pq1eas.fnask,fnz,vmzndkfhewut81y3571yp3591p2935ypqow ed.kasj.jadk ashlfadlasiuepqiahdspogatwyuep9578q3p[1j2or3knma;sldkfn;jakxv;sdls'bggnukli

he is obviously keyword spamming in his native language

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Black88GTA posted:

This man has much to learn about the concept of keyword spamming :rolleye:

It is an encrypted message, being passed by a criminal, terrorist, or intelligence organization.

Rap Songs From Anime
Aug 15, 2007

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/2049092563.html

quote:

Rambler - $300 (SW Washington)

Date: 2010-11-08, 10:48AM PST
Reply to: sale-b7xye-2049092563@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Want a "REAL PROJECT" car? It's a grab bag of surprise. Who knows what can be lurking in the thick of this brush. One thing is for sure.. there is a Rambler in it. $300 and it's yours. Bring a trailer to haul it away in.. obviously.

Jessie (360) 574-2631

No image because Waffleimages is giving me a 500 error :( It is what looks like the rear quarter of a car, bashed in and missing pieces, under a ton of brush and shrubbery, with a bunch of other overgrown junk overtop of it.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

I also went to a shop for supper charging too but the guys at the old country buffet just looked at me weird. Does the after dinner snack bracket fit onto the N/A engine or am I looking at some fabricationcooking here?
Lunch control is essential for supper charging, search more you n00b.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORS...55ebeefcf#v4-44

Yep, totally worth $45k+

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

"Can you tell me more about the car? I see the mileage but does it run? what about the condition of the interior, tires, etc..?"
:lol: "Well first you have zero feedback, so your lucky to get a response." :lol:

Salesmanship, ladies and gentlemen, salesmanship.

Make the buyer feel like he just isn't good enough for your trashbag retarded project car.

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Piano posted:

"Can you tell me more about the car? I see the mileage but does it run? what about the condition of the interior, tires, etc..?"
:lol: "Well first you have zero feedback, so your lucky to get a response." :lol:

Salesmanship, ladies and gentlemen, salesmanship.

Obviously you haven't dealt with eBay much lately. It's just not worth your time dealing with anybody in Italy or with a feedback of under 10.

EDIT: That didn't come out right :v: (You don't deal with Italy because their post is so poo poo that things go missing all the time, it just isn't worth posting things there).

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
I was wondering how an active duty serviceman can afford a 911. It became clear when I saw this on the vehicle report:

ACCIDENT REPORTED
VEHICLE OVERTURNED
MODERATE TO SEVERE DAMAGE REPORTED

That certainly answers a few questions.

Also this:

TITLE (Title #:091211271)
EXCLUDED/EXEMPT

And apparently there's a loan or other lien against this car already.

edit: actually it's not obvious whether it was crashed and then bought by this guy or the other way around

el topo fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 9, 2010

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Hey goons, not a craigslist ad but thought I'd throw this up here for my friend. Located 17701 in PA. Perfect car for you, Imperador do Brasil! Nice and local!

'93 Rx-7 shell. Was going to be an LSx swap car, but he is more into his STI at the moment (and a proper LS1 swap/repaint/suspension stuff is looking to run around $10k). Very good condition overall. Asking $5k - I wish I had the disposable income to do it, it's easy to forget just how gorgeous these cars are.

14 picture set

If anyone is actually serious about this you can PM me for his contact info.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Why don't they make cars that look like that anymore? It makes me cry.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

I wish mazda would just go batshit crazy and start a 'heritage edition' line and just remake all their awesome cars.

GoblinBomb
Sep 19, 2004
Shit happens when you party naked.

Piano posted:

I wish mazda would just go batshit crazy and start a 'heritage edition' line and just remake all their awesome cars.

323 GTX with Mazdaspeed6 driveline. I'm going to go lie down now.

another loser
Mar 25, 2001

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/2050114445.html

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

I like how "recent oil change" is a selling point.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I like the last line in a cartoonish Italian accent.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!

eddiewalker posted:

I like the last line in a cartoonish Italian accent.

I started trying it that way, but wound up just doing straight Borat. I like it better that way.

I_Like_Me
Dec 26, 2004

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I don't get it, is this that /o/ meme?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I like how "recent oil change" is a selling point.

There is a great looking 97 for sale in Calgary that is taking every ounce of my self control to not call the guy about and buy.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

slidebite posted:

There is a great looking 97 for sale in Calgary that is taking every ounce of my self control to not call the guy about and buy.
If you do buy it, come to the Subaru club meetings. There are some great looking SVXes in Calgary but none of them come see us rowdies.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
If on your journey you should encounter God, God will be smoked

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/2006251785.html

quote:

TRADE for Nova, Street Rod Nissan 240sx with LS6/T56 swap, S15 front - $20000 (NE Philly)

Date: 2010-10-14, 3:23PM EDT
Reply to: sale-ygack-2006251785@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

WILL TRADE FOR A 1966-67 Chevy Nova, Pre 70 Camaro / Firebird, pre 70 Mustang or certain Corvette's (No C4's), or a Nissan R32

I started this car in 2005 and its been going since. I originally built it with a built 3 speed, but swapped to 6 speed early this year. Tuned for WOT made over 460ft lbs of torque. Engine top end was built up last year, but the bottom end has 47K on it. Trans was fully built with still less then 800 miles on it. It is caged, there is no rear interior, just a fuel cell, battery box, cage, harness and strut bars. Wiring is very nice and tidy, car is very very clean, body is very clean. I have put more then 40K into it, and it is insured as a collector car valued at $50,000.00.

Valid PA inspection / emmisions exempt (emissions not required in PA if driven under 5k miles a year) Inspection valid until 05/31/2011

Vehicle Build Journals (lots of pics), built in the public view, no surprises!
http://forums.nicoclub.com/outtowinpahc-s-ls6-t56-s13-5-sponsored-by-spec-runs-drives-lowered-yes-t442510.html?hilit=ls6

Engine
2002 Chevrolet LS6 5.7 Liter V8 block, F-Body accessory drive, GTO oil pan, Texas Speed Ported Blueprinted LS6 oil pump, ARP rod bolts. 47k miles on bottom end, new rear main seal 2/2010 when clutch / trans done.
Heads Valvetrain
Ported and polished 243 heads, Patriot racing dual gold springs and hardware, LQ9 rockers with comp cam trunions, LS7 Lifters, Hardened push rods, LS2 lifter trays, LS2 timing chain, Texas Speed MS3 cam. Less then 1200 miles miles on top end
Intake / exhaust
Weiand Intake, ,Ported screenless MAF, Hooker Supercomp Ford 302 headers (Modified) Dual 2.5 stainless pipe, H pipe, 2 12inch glass packs, 2 Borla XR series mufflers (dual exhaust)
Cooling
Meizer WP319B Electric waterpump, Mishimoto KA radiator, Mishimoto dual fan shroud, 12inch Permacool Pusher, Aluminum cooling panel, 25 Row oil cooler, Remote filter, Moroso bypass block.
Fuel
8 gallon bottom feed fuel cell, Aeromotive adjustable FPR, Walbro 255lph pump, Racetronix 37LB injectors, Auto-gauge fuel pressure gauge on rail
Other
Comp cams Vacuum reserve, Electric vacuum pump 18 to 24 ftlbs vacuum, Yellow red top, Moroso vented battery box

Transmission converted from TH350 to T56 in 2010
2002 Rebuilt Tremec T56, D&D syncros, seals, and shift fork upgrade. Spec Stage 3 clutch, Spec Steel Flywheel, -4an SS clutch lines and remote bleeder, Wilcood 7/8 CMC, Custom built 1/4inch crossmember, tig welded with gussets, 1 piece aluminum driveshaft. Less than 1000 miles on trans

Differential
Shortened J30 differential case (ABS SS milled off), Z32 input pinion and ring gear 3.698 ratio, Welded (full fill) R200 fully locked differential - ie posi, full spool, welded diff, 6 bolt axles.

Suspension
BC Racing BR Coilovers, Peak subframe collars, Godspeed RUCAs, Megan adjustable traction rods, Megan adjustable toe rods, Custom made S13 to S15 radiator core tension rod brackets, Godspeed front and rear sway bars, Megan tie-rod ends, S14 inners, RP sport braces, Ichiba 5 Lug Conversion, Enengy Suspension bushings, Front and Rear Strut bars.

Brakes / Wheels
Rebuilt 2009 Nissan Z32 4 piston front calipers, Brembo drilled and slotted rear Z32 rotors, New Nissan Z32 2 piston rear caliper, Nissan Z32 master cylinder, Bonehead lines, Z32 ebrake cable. Vintage JDM Volk Group AV-3 Wheels 17x8+31 Front, (225-45-17's 70% tread), 17x9+35 rear (Nitto 555 275-40-17 95% tread) Wheels are very rare

Exterior
OEM S15 Spec R bumper, OEM hood, OEM S15 radiator support and bumper support. OEM S15 fender welded and merged with metal S13 fenders, JDM side skirts only pair I have ever seen, Lexus Smokey gray metallic paint job

Interior / Safety
Autometer Ultralite 2 gauges, Speedo, Tach, Oil Temp, Digital Oil Pressure, Water Temp, Voltage, Fuel. Level
AEM Uego wide band,
Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge,
Bride Vios seats, Bride FG seat rail (DS only)
ATI EZ Pod
Center vent pod
Cusco 6pt cage.

Vehicle has a clear and clean PA title, you must come to PA to get the title, it must be notarized here in PA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

quote:

Welded (full fill) R200 fully locked differential - ie posi, full spool, welded diff

Swap this out for a proper diff w/ good lsd immediately.

I just hope he doesn't chase God down too many roads with twisties.