Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons
countdown til someone comes in here and bitches that CC stole some lovely chiptune artists work in 5...4...3...2..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I used to not really like that song, but oh man Robert Smith just makes it so goddamn good! loving love the re-record.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Threatis posted:

countdown til someone comes in here and bitches that CC stole some lovely chiptune artists work in 5...4...3...2..

b....b...but they ignored the creative commons! They should upload their stems per the terms of an unenforceable contract.

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

Threatis posted:

heh. seems you forgot about their album cover. heh.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Threatis you're in ottawa right, do you know that electro-punky band daquiri? Are they still around? I saw CC with them ages ago. Goony kinda music but eh i liked it tons in high school.

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
New mau5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGV0gRYm0Yc

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Saw Dirty south dance EP pop up on juno records. All the choice tracks on the ep. Also, I just saw these guys show up as well.

Really nice edits. May be img-timeline for some, but I had to share.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

Volvagia posted:

Threatis you're in ottawa right, do you know that electro-punky band daquiri? Are they still around? I saw CC with them ages ago. Goony kinda music but eh i liked it tons in high school.

yeah, they're kiiiinda still around, play from time to time but all the members got real jobs and stuff. Glenn Humplik from the Tom Green show used to play guitar with them.

melee beats posted:

heh. seems you forgot about their album cover. heh.

have you heard the whole backstory behind this?

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

Threatis posted:

have you heard the whole backstory behind this?

ya man i'm just jorshin

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

metalhead posted:

New mau5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGV0gRYm0Yc

This is one of the mystery coachella tracks! I haven't really liked *anything* he's come out with in a while, but this one feels like he's going back to his roots.

edit: I guess his new CD is coming out on the 7th. Tight!

Mr Viper fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Nov 16, 2010

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY
Not sure how many people are into techno and tech house here but can anybody recommend any labels like 1605? I'm a huge fan of Respekt Recordings too.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
I'm liking this new track from SBTRKT, it's not a banger or anything but its great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwa4X52e96Q

Also rubber is great.

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Nov 17, 2010

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

For you LA guys SIMIAN playing this Saturday.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

incoherent posted:

For you LA guys SIMIAN playing this Saturday.

Yup. That set of theirs back in May was some pretty Next Level stuff. I'm glad they're not doing Control this time, they seemed out of place...though it was pretty funny watching the kids react to all the dark atonal techno poo poo they play nowadays.

Also, Ben Klock is doing a Droid thing tomorrow for all you LA folk looking for something to do.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Mustard Pimp tonight I can't wait.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Vernacular posted:

Yup. That set of theirs back in May was some pretty Next Level stuff. I'm glad they're not doing Control this time, they seemed out of place...though it was pretty funny watching the kids react to all the dark atonal techno poo poo they play nowadays.

hahahaha yes :twisted:

OniKun
Jul 23, 2003

Cheap Mexican Labor since the late 80's

The Fresh Prince posted:

Mustard Pimp tonight I can't wait.

I can't go to shows at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz after Rusko. I saw this adorable cuddle puddle of 14 year olds with their eyes going different directions and one of their boyfriends with his eyes half-closed drooling everywhere. VitalSC pulls in some amazing talent (Mustard Pimp Tonight, LA Riots + Donald Glaude Friday...) but the crowd just ruins it for me...

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
I am going to Tiesto saturday. I know he isn't that great, but this concert is going to be really big, and as someone who has only experienced terminal 5 in NYC, this should be fun.

Stuntastic
Jul 11, 2009

weed cave weed saves

phractured posted:

I am going to Tiesto saturday. I know he isn't that great, but this concert is going to be really big, and as someone who has only experienced terminal 5 in NYC, this should be fun.

Terminal 5 is a great venue, seeing ATrak and FlyLo and Tiga and whoever the gently caress else there for their post Thanksgiving HARD event

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish
Saw Skrillex in Charlotte last monday. One of the best shows I've even seen, and Sonny Moore is nice as gently caress.

Also have you guys caught up to Porter Robinson yet? He's from my neck of the woods and is basically taking over beatport right now. Only 18 years old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbERg1M8N8I

OniKun
Jul 23, 2003

Slackerish posted:

Saw Skrillex in Charlotte last monday. One of the best shows I've even seen, and Sonny Moore is nice as gently caress.

Also have you guys caught up to Porter Robinson yet? He's from my neck of the woods and is basically taking over beatport right now. Only 18 years old.

I saw Porter live a few weeks back. He was a pretty good DJ, but drat his productions are good I think.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

incoherent posted:

hahahaha yes :twisted:

"wh.....where are all the vocals???"

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

omg is he going to play cruel intentions or not.

OniKun posted:

I saw Porter live a few weeks back. He was a pretty good DJ, but drat his productions are good I think.

I kicked it with him last night, real nice dude. He doesn't have quite the persona similar to dm. Maybe his stints in real bands may of tempered his perception.

incoherent fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Nov 18, 2010

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Anyone going to fuzzy festival this saturday in LA? I'm going to meet skrillex while I'm there, pretty stoked for that.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

OniKun posted:

I can't go to shows at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz after Rusko. I saw this adorable cuddle puddle of 14 year olds with their eyes going different directions and one of their boyfriends with his eyes half-closed drooling everywhere. VitalSC pulls in some amazing talent (Mustard Pimp Tonight, LA Riots + Donald Glaude Friday...) but the crowd just ruins it for me...

I think i gpt in a fight tonight. dpnt remember. still pretty drubnk

Xesis
Jul 11, 2002

Slackerish posted:

Do you live in Charlotte? I live there and went to the show as well. I personally think Skrillex is garbage as a DJ (he plays off a premade ableton set) and I'm not fond of his productions but at least there was a good crowd. There are some good shows that happen from time to time and I DJ here in town quite a bit. You should PM me if you live in Charlotte or come here often, I can get you guestlisted to pretty much any shows that go on here.

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

Xesis posted:

Do you live in Charlotte? I live there and went to the show as well. I personally think Skrillex is garbage as a DJ (he plays off a premade ableton set) and I'm not fond of his productions but at least there was a good crowd. There are some good shows that happen from time to time and I DJ here in town quite a bit. You should PM me if you live in Charlotte or come here often, I can get you guestlisted to pretty much any shows that go on here.

Word thanks man, good to know. I live in Asheville but that's only about 2 hours away from Charlotte. And yeah, I saw he was using a pre-made Ableton set and he did some weird poo poo (playing three Excision songs in a row) but I'm personally really fond of his productions and he does a better job of hyping the crowd up than most other DJs I've seen.

incoherent posted:

I kicked it with him last night, real nice dude. He doesn't have quite the persona similar to dm. Maybe his stints in real bands may of tempered his perception.

I mean he's just a kid from Chapel Hill who happens to have really sick production skills and was recognized for it. He's incredibly nice and modest. His brother is actually a goon who I go to school with.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Have you guys been keeping tabs on all this WMC/UMF business? Long story short: WMC got scheduled a few weeks before Ultra so they could keep it real and filter out the fistpumping Jersey Shore types who come to Miami in droves for Ultra.

Or maybe the city of Miami is just greedy as gently caress and made this happen to spread the revenue stream out over the month of March...

Xesis
Jul 11, 2002

According to Louis Puig (owner of Club Space in Miami and other superclubs along 11st street) UMF added exclusivity contracts for 2011 thereby prohibiting UMF artists from performing at clubs during the UMF weekend. This is a huge deal, since a large portion of WMC goers go for the club nights and not necessarily for Ultra. Right now a lot of the big clubs in Miami are telling people the 'real' parties are going to be during March 8-12th, but unfortunately a lot of artists are going to have scheduling conflicts since they normally expect WMC at the end of March but are already booked elsewhere in the beginning of March. I've been going to WMC for the past 6 years, and this next one is not looking too good with what looks to be a split in when promoters/labels are going to be throwing their parties as they now have to decide whether to do it at the beginning of March or at the end of March.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Xesis posted:

According to Louis Puig (owner of Club Space in Miami and other superclubs along 11st street) UMF added exclusivity contracts for 2011 thereby prohibiting UMF artists from performing at clubs during the UMF weekend. This is a huge deal, since a large portion of WMC goers go for the club nights and not necessarily for Ultra. Right now a lot of the big clubs in Miami are telling people the 'real' parties are going to be during March 8-12th, but unfortunately a lot of artists are going to have scheduling conflicts since they normally expect WMC at the end of March but are already booked elsewhere in the beginning of March. I've been going to WMC for the past 6 years, and this next one is not looking too good with what looks to be a split in when promoters/labels are going to be throwing their parties as they now have to decide whether to do it at the beginning of March or at the end of March.

I saw that earlier, and yeah, I just don't see how WMC is going to complete with inflexible DJ schedules.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

12 teams is where it's at, right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? YEAH! SOME THINGS YOU CAN'T UNSEE, BRO!
clusterfucccccckkkkkk.

But kudos for the people trying to separate themselves from the fistpumpers.

roy harder
Jul 14, 2005

The things I've seen...
It may be old, but I still love this track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOr_s21bsGg

Illumination - Hope to god (Istigkeit) (1995). I used to listen to this over and over again. The 90's was a glorious decade.

OniKun
Jul 23, 2003

Is it just me, or is the lineup for Together As One this year absolutely insane? A Pendulum DJ Set just got added...

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

It is an unusually strong lineup for a go venture and insomniac production. Normally they get poo poo trance djs and charge outrageous prices to usher in a new year with kandi kids.

Its a shame hard NYEs have retracted over the past few years. However, their NYE is not to be dismissed.

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man
http://www.complex.com/blogs/2010/11/19/uffie-talks-staying-underground-keha-comparisons-male-groupies/

Pretty good interview with Uffie. Most important bit for me was the fact that she mentions that Justice is for sure coming out with a new album. Of course, she doesn't know what it's called, or when it's coming out. But, at least we know they are working on it.

MzKzM
Sep 16, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJjgBsrmvF8

super slick corporate dubstep, but somehow i'm reaaaallly digging this one anyway.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

For anyone interested, the duo I posted before (Zombies for Money) is playing in DC and NY.

http://www.facebook.com/troubleandbass

Riot.EXE
Oct 11, 2007
So, I was readin' this comic called "CowboyNinjaViking" and Diplo and Switch got namedropped and all I could think to myself was "hahahaha, Threatis..."

(No, that was not a diss towards Threatis. Don't even.)

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
Tiesto just kept going last night. I could not tell if the majority of the audience were guidos or euro trash. :ohdear:

All in all very entertaining concert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

phractured posted:

Tiesto just kept going last night. I could not tell if the majority of the audience were guidos or euro trash. :ohdear:

All in all very entertaining concert.

They were all Eurotrash/Guidos/TechnoBros, don't kid yourself.