Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is the Avatar one any good? I just watched the movie itself for the first time last night and man was that a stinker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
I was kind of curious about the Avatar riff: did they mention at all how much of a "noble savage" story it was? Because that's probably what struck me the most after seeing it.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Gozinbulx posted:

what are some good ones, I just heard Clash of the Titans, it was pretty funny and that movie was pretty awful for such a big blockbuster epic

I haven't gotten to that one yet. I just wished a Kraken had been released in High School Musical.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
a funny line was, after the main character was released from his holding cell from some thing, "man, 90 percent of this movie is releasing things"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Just in case Mike Nelson reads this thread, I want to issue the ULTIMATE RIFF CHALLENGE:

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

No reusing of old audience participation lines. That's cheating. :colbert:

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Just in case Mike Nelson reads this thread, I want to issue the ULTIMATE RIFF CHALLENGE:

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

No reusing of old audience participation lines. That's cheating. :colbert:

That would make an awesome Live event. Probably too expensive to get the rights for that though....

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rocky Horror is too self aware for the riffs to be funny. It also would violate their "no comedy" rule about which movies they pick.

Armourking
Dec 16, 2004

Step off!
Step off!

muscles like this? posted:

It also would violate their "no comedy" rule about which movies they pick.
But surely The Room was a "black comedy", right? Why would Tommy lie?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

On the bright side, The Last Airbender comes out on DVD next week and you just know they're going to riff that. They've been making references to how lovely is in other stuff so you know they've got to be planning it.

Bad Bromance
May 20, 2010

Sorry, guys, I actually do still suck dick! :blush: Also my mom only lets me spend five bucks a month to get my cool gaga avatars back so I guess I'm stuck with this one for a while. :(
It's confirmed, the Airbender rifftrax is being released on tuesday

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Do studios send them the movie specifically to get them to riff it when they do these "release day" riffs?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Bad Bromance posted:

I don't think I've ever looked forward to a Riff this much, with the possible exception of New Moon.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Airbender, like Twilight and its sequels, is one of those movies that I would only watch with RiffTrax. There's no way in hell you could get me to watch that without riffing, but I'm sure it'll be pretty drat entertaining with the riff.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Bad Bromance posted:

And Twilight: Eclipse on 12/4.

I've added them to my Netflix queue, may god have mercy on my soul.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Universe Master posted:

Do studios send them the movie specifically to get them to riff it when they do these "release day" riffs?

I'm assuming its not too hard for them to get screener copies of the movies.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Bad Bromance posted:

YES!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So who was the guy with Mike in the announcement video?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Any bets on what the big announcement will be?

pleasebejoelpleasebejoelpleasebejoel....

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

muscles like this? posted:

On the bright side, The Last Airbender comes out on DVD next week and you just know they're going to riff that. They've been making references to how lovely is in other stuff so you know they've got to be planning it.

And yet they never did Ransom or Air Force One despite constantly referencing them :(

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Rirse posted:

So who was the guy with Mike in the announcement video?
Conor

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Watching Rifftrax Presents Jaws 3.

What the hell was with Lou Gossett Jr's acting in this movie? I hope he got a good paycheck, because, gently caress, that's some bad acting.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Nice(?) surprise from Netflix. When I found out the next Rifftrax was going to the The Last Airbender, I added it to my queue expecting to get the "long wait" message, but I found out it's being shipped today. Could there be that little demand for this clunker?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I've picked up my copy of possibly the worst film of 2010. Eagerly awaiting rifftrax.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mister Kingdom posted:

Nice(?) surprise from Netflix. When I found out the next Rifftrax was going to the The Last Airbender, I added it to my queue expecting to get the "long wait" message, but I found out it's being shipped today. Could there be that little demand for this clunker?

Oh good, it's not one of those lame "wait a month" movies. I hate that new policy on a lot of the studio releases.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The Riff is up for download now!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Mike Nelson posted:

The Expendables: RiffTrax it? No? Yes? Ignore it? Thoughts?

1 hour later he posted:

Wow, overwhelming support for riffing Expendables. Welp, nothing for it but to roll up the sleeves and starting looking at some meaty faces.

From how painful I heard The Expendables was, this will be an amazing riff.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I enjoyed the movie quite a bit but I understand how some people thought it was pretty bad.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

GreenNight posted:

I enjoyed the movie quite a bit but I understand how some people thought it was pretty bad.

I loved the movie as pure spectacle, but that's going to be an epic riff.

bruckner
Sep 11, 2010
i can't wait to see the airbender riff. The sample clip had some hilarious poo poo: especially the will ferral joke.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Ensign_Ricky posted:

From how painful I heard The Expendables was, this will be an amazing riff.

My feeling is you either "get" 80's action or you don't.

My favorite movies are Predator, Aliens, Rocky 4, Red Dawn, Commando, and Rambo 2 and 3 (and some westerns). So I freaking LOVED The Expendables.

If you grew up with wire-fu and curving the bullets and slicing UFO's in half with your bitchin' guitar solo, yeah, the Expendables probably seemed like some clumsy steroid-loaded homoerotic explosion-filled giant gun wankfest with a love interest thrown in for some inexplicable reason.

Which it was. But then, that was the 80's.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Tony Danza Claus posted:

My feeling is you either "get" 80's action or you don't.

My favorite movies are Predator, Aliens, Rocky 4, Red Dawn, Commando, and Rambo 2 and 3 (and some westerns). So I freaking LOVED The Expendables.

If you grew up with wire-fu and curving the bullets and slicing UFO's in half with your bitchin' guitar solo, yeah, the Expendables probably seemed like some clumsy steroid-loaded homoerotic explosion-filled giant gun wankfest with a love interest thrown in for some inexplicable reason.

Which it was. But then, that was the 80's.
Sorry, that's not quite it :( I loved Predator, Aliens, Commando, The Running Man, Total Recall.. Hated The Expendables. It lacked all the dumb joy of those other movies, and the dialogue was honest to god painful. It's going to be a great riff!

Saw Clash of the Titans with the riff yesterday, jesus what a dreadful movie, but they did some really funny stuff. Any time the Djinn opened its mouth was brilliant (MY FEET HURT :saddowns:) and Mike's song about going to kill Medusa and then pick up baby clothes was too. I really recommend that one.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
On that note, how was Airbender? I haven't seen the movie, but wanted to wait on the riff until I heard more about how it turned out.

Armourking
Dec 16, 2004

Step off!
Step off!

Ensign_Ricky posted:

On that note, how was Airbender? I haven't seen the movie, but wanted to wait on the riff until I heard more about how it turned out.
Riff was great. Movie was one of the more wretched things I've watched in my life.

Also, heaps of The Room call backs.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Armourking posted:

Also, heaps of The Room call backs.

And The Daily Show, too.

And a bunch of jokes as to whether it's pronounced Avatar or Ah-vatar. It literally changes every other line in some dialogue scenes. From the same character.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Vicissitude posted:

And The Daily Show, too.

And a bunch of jokes as to whether it's pronounced Avatar or Ah-vatar. It literally changes every other line in some dialogue scenes. From the same character.

But are there lemon drink and hawt dawgs for the Ahvatar?

edit: Based on these comments, I have begun subjecting myself to The Room. Pray for me.

Ensign_Ricky fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Nov 21, 2010

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

edit: Based on these comments, I have begun subjecting myself to The Room. Pray for me.

Your life will never be the same. I'm serious. This movie changes you.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Overwined posted:

Oh hi, Overwined!

OH JESUS IT'S ALREADY BEGUN!!!!

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Oh hi, Overwined!

OH JESUS IT'S ALREADY BEGUN!!!!

YOU'RE TEARING ME APART, ENSIGN RICKY!!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Overwined posted:

It seems to me that you're the expert, Overwind!

:gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

There is 1 lemon drink joke to my recollection.

• Locked thread