Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Obi wan makes an L shaped swing, the first leg parallel to analin above him, cutting off his arm. Then he goes 90 degrees perpendicular to anakin cutting of both his legs. It doesn't help that you dont really see any of it.

I recognize the L-shaped cut, that much is obvious from the 3 limbed loss, but actually envisioning it in my head, complete with Anakin's acrobatics, doesn't work. Obi-Wan basically has to hold his saber straight up to take off the arm and then spin around to take off the legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

dialhforhero posted:

Well everyone knows that you have to fire your lasers grouped in twos or more to kill tie fighters in one 'shot'. X-wing series taught me that. To kill x-wings you have to hit them with 6 dual laser shots after shields are down.

DAMNED YOU HULL DMG!

Am I the only one that always kept the cannons on single-fire? TIEs are small enough that on dual or quad fire, I usually only managed to hit with one cannon anyway. So all I had to show for it was two (or four!) times the wait until I could fire again and finish the bastard off.

Oh, and yes, it was two shots to finish off a TIE fighter, three to take care of a TIE interceptor. Six (I think) for a TIE bomber.

WHY DO I REMEMBER THIS IT HAS BEEN FIFTEEN YEARS

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Mister Roboto posted:

I recognize the L-shaped cut, that much is obvious from the 3 limbed loss, but actually envisioning it in my head, complete with Anakin's acrobatics, doesn't work. Obi-Wan basically has to hold his saber straight up to take off the arm and then spin around to take off the legs.

I'm not sure how it works, but there's a GIF of it somewhere.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

T-1000 posted:

I could have sworn it was 3 laser shots to kill a standard TIE. The B-wing was perfect, everything else less so.
It was definitely just 2 shots to kill a TIE Fighter. My A-Wing's cannons were always linked because of this, since an A-Wing can fly circles around an eyeball and nail both shots every time.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Powered Descent posted:

Am I the only one that always kept the cannons on single-fire? TIEs are small enough that on dual or quad fire, I usually only managed to hit with one cannon anyway. So all I had to show for it was two (or four!) times the wait until I could fire again and finish the bastard off.

Oh, and yes, it was two shots to finish off a TIE fighter, three to take care of a TIE interceptor. Six (I think) for a TIE bomber.

Because it was one of the best games ever made?

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
I used to play X Wing and TIE Fighter in a closet at middle school. One of our teachers had a secret computer set up in his room, and we basically were allowed to skip class and play every so often.

My friend used to go apeshit when I'd hit CTRL E or whatever without him looking during his turn.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Obi wan makes an L shaped swing, the first leg parallel to analin above him, cutting off his arm. Then he goes 90 degrees perpendicular to anakin cutting of both his legs. It doesn't help that you dont really see any of it.

The legendary Imacock maneuver. For when fighting a guy with just no arms seems too much of a hassle.

NeonTurtle
Sep 24, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT SUPPORTING GENOCIDE

Powered Descent posted:

The fact that the TIE fighters were narrower than the X-Wing's cannon spread always pissed me off. It was such a waste keeping my cannons on quad fire to insta-kill a TIE fighter. X-Wing Alliance's auto focusing of the cannons was a god-send. That being said, the Z-95's cannon presets made more sense then the completely automatic cannon focusing the other fighters had.

...Great, now I have to go reinstall X-wing Alliance.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

SirDan3k posted:

The legendary Imacock maneuver. For when fighting a guy with just no arms seems too much of a hassle.

The thing to remember is that Anakin isn't stationary during all this, sopart of the exercise is trying to find the spot of air that all Anakin's limbs would have traveled through at some point.

It is important that the Anaken/Obi-Wan duel make perfect sense. Now someone post the .gif if them swinging those lightsabers behind their respective backs in alternating rhythm.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Angry Midwesterner posted:

The thing to remember is that Anakin isn't stationary during all this, sopart of the exercise is trying to find the spot of air that all Anakin's limbs would have traveled through at some point.

It is important that the Anaken/Obi-Wan duel make perfect sense. Now someone post the .gif if them swinging those lightsabers behind their respective backs in alternating rhythm.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

KaLogain posted:

That would be pretty cool, but one problem is that Darth Vader's TIE Fighter had shields, unlike other TIE Fighters, so thats "why" Han and/or Chewie didn't fire on him.

cool when in the movie did they say that I must have missed it

deadguy
Apr 23, 2007

Hello Bob

Doc Hawkins posted:

Han didn't shoot again because he was really far away when he shot. His intention was to shoot down all three, and missing Vader and the other pilot was an error. He would have adjusted his aim and shot again but by that time the other two fighters had already crashed each other. Seems simpler that way.

NeonTurtle
Sep 24, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT SUPPORTING GENOCIDE

deadguy posted:

Han didn't shoot again because he was really far away when he shot. His intention was to shoot down all three, and missing Vader and the other pilot was an error. He would have adjusted his aim and shot again but by that time the other two fighters had already crashed each other. Seems simpler that way.

Or Han figured that the other two would shy away from the explosion and frag themselves on the walls.

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
Or he was afraid of competition for Leia and so fired to make it look good but deliberately missed Vader :tinfoil:

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I'm not sure how it works, but there's a GIF of it somewhere.

Yeah, that's gif I'm trying to find...

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Doc Hawkins posted:

It's possible to infer that, since Vader's fighter was clearly larger and heavier, and contained the Emperor's cabana boy, that it might have better shields and armour than a normal TIE.

deadguy
Apr 23, 2007

Hello Bob

Chaos Hippy posted:

It's possible to infer that, since Vader's fighter was clearly larger and heavier, and contained the Emperor's cabana boy, that it might have better shields and armour than a normal TIE.

Maybe, but why would he be inferring and logically deducing in the first place? His guns would have worked against Vader's fighter, maybe it would take an extra shot or two I don't know. So it really doesn't make any difference.

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

If you keep complaining, it's probably going to be retconned into Vader subconsciously force deflected the laser blasts away from himself and into the other guy, who he secretly held a grudge against for stealing the Death Star plans. Would that be better?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Just finished season two of clone wars. I liked most of it, I think the only real boring parts would be anything with duchess satine and the zillo beast. I really wish this show would have season finales that actually have the importance of a finale. That said, I did enjoy most of the boba fett arc.

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008

Kingtheninja posted:

the only real boring parts would be anything with duchess satine and

You are going to hate season 3.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

DorianGravy posted:

If you keep complaining, it's probably going to be retconned into Vader subconsciously force deflected the laser blasts away from himself and into the other guy, who he secretly held a grudge against for stealing the Death Star plans. Would that be better?

I'm pretty sure that if Vader believed that pilot had stolen the Death Star plans, the grudge (secret or otherwise) wouldn't be held for long.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Der Luftwaffle posted:

You are going to hate season 3.

I've seen online there's been an episode or two with mandalore stuff in it. I don't know, the whole thing that bothers me is her total pacifism thing and how she'd just stand with her eyes closed going "LA LA LA LA PACIFISIM" if people were blowing poo poo up and killing others right in front of her.

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008

Kingtheninja posted:

I've seen online there's been an episode or two with mandalore stuff in it. I don't know, the whole thing that bothers me is her total pacifism thing and how she'd just stand with her eyes closed going "LA LA LA LA PACIFISIM" if people were blowing poo poo up and killing others right in front of her.

To be fair it's more than just her but this season has still been incredibly boring.

Der Luftwaffle fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 17, 2010

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

DorianGravy posted:

The force did it is a completely valid explanation. Why didn't Han shoot Vader? Vader was needed to correct the balance of the force and the force guided Han's aim away from Vader.

Or he uh missed but it's probably the force.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Kingtheninja posted:

There's an episode centered around uncovering who's been supplying smuggled soda to Mandalorian schools. I'm not even joking.

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008

Chairman Capone posted:

There's an episode centered around uncovering who's been supplying smuggled soda to Mandalorian schools. I'm not even joking.

Uh I believe it was tea and they definitely didn't get the idea from the news stories about melamine poisoning in China.
:goonsay:

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Der Luftwaffle posted:

To be fair it's more than just her but this season has still been incredibly boring.

Yeah this season has had almost no good action at all, it really sucks.

Star Wars, people, Star Wars

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
So, it basically sounds like they tried to create the exact opposite of what Karren Travis did, but as it turns out, the opposite of poo poo is also poo poo?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Chairman Capone posted:

So whos the jocks and whos the nerds in said Mandalorian school?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Chairman Capone posted:

Because it's poisoning schoolchildren. Might wanna mention that part chief.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

RagnarokAngel posted:

Because it's poisoning schoolchildren. Might wanna mention that part chief.
No, that's still retarded.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

So Yahtzee's new review is of TFU2.

No real surprises, except that he apparently knows "Star Wars fans" that really like the prequels?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Doc Hawkins posted:

No real surprises, except that he apparently knows "Star Wars fans" that really like the prequels?

My best friend enjoys some of the prequals. He also enjoys driving his car really fast and 'racing' other young men on the motorway.

Some people are just slightly off. And we're some of them :(.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

deadguy posted:

Maybe, but why would he be inferring and logically deducing in the first place? His guns would have worked against Vader's fighter, maybe it would take an extra shot or two I don't know. So it really doesn't make any difference.

Darth Vader had this awesome shield called plot armor :)

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Duckman2008 posted:

Darth Vader had this awesome shield called plot armor :)

"I have it. My father has it...my sister has it."

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

This is probably the funniest one he's done in a long while.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Casimir Radon posted:

This is probably the funniest one he's done in a long while.

That's really depressing.

Saint Guinness
Apr 17, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

I think it's liberating that he summed up everything I felt about that game, but as a Star Fan, I was not allowed to voice that opinion as it would constitute heresy.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Seriously, you guys, who are these people you know who have been Star Wars fans since before the prequels, and actually like the prequels? I have never met a single such person, much less a broad movement composed of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGL
Jan 15, 2003
AssKing

Doc Hawkins posted:

Seriously, you guys, who are these people you know who have been Star Wars fans since before the prequels, and actually like the prequels? I have never met a single such person, much less a broad movement composed of them.

I've been a Star Wars fan all my life (i.e. since the 70s), and I enjoyed the prequels.