Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

loving awesome!
Looks super high though?!

E: New page:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Everyone needs a supercharged NSX.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Looks like Peabody got himself a "beater". :)

Mr.Peabody
Jul 15, 2009

A5H posted:

loving awesome!
Looks super high though?!

There's an air dam that goes under the front lip that I ordered today. It adds about 2" to the front lip so that's probably why it looks high.

MikeyTsi posted:

Looks like Peabody got himself a "beater". :)

I know, it's over 10 years old and has 40k on the odometer... Why am I buying and not selling?

meatpimp posted:

Everyone needs a supercharged NSX.

Oh right... that's why.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Mr.Peabody posted:

There's an air dam that goes under the front lip that I ordered today. It adds about 2" to the front lip so that's probably why it looks high.

I know, it's over 10 years old and has 40k on the odometer... Why am I buying and not selling?

Oh right... that's why.

"One of these days" I'll get myself a NSX rolling chassis and put a 4G63T in it so I can piss off both the Honda boys and the DSM guys.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma
That is a reflection and not paint or stripes correct?

lolwut
Jan 15, 2003

JoeWagon posted:

No, I'm pretty sure he meant high as in your corvette is in 4x4 mode, not high as in power. Seriously, look at that fist fender gap!

lawl. great for potholes.

Mr.Peabody
Jul 15, 2009

AnomalousBoners posted:

That is a reflection and not paint or stripes correct?

No funky paint or stripes, just a reflection of the sky.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

JoeWagon posted:

No, I'm pretty sure he meant high as in your corvette is in 4x4 mode, not high as in power. Seriously, look at that fist fender gap!

I actually did mean the power, but now that you mention it I looked closer and that does look crazy high.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

lolwut posted:

lawl. great for potholes.

lawl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is teh lawl

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

sigtrap posted:

lawl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is teh lawl

It's about time you showed up!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

sigtrap posted:

lawl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is teh lawl

You owned him, bro.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Picking it up on Tuesday:

1915 engine, bus transmission, front disc brakes, remote oil filter, winch, Tri-Mil exhaust, black wagon wheels with 31's out back, 4-speed manual, new radio/speakers, whole slew of new parts, and most important: NO RUST!

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Picking it up on Tuesday:

I am so envious right now. Post pics from your trip around the world.

Dogtanian
Jan 31, 2007

This space intentionally left blank
Picked up a bargain at the weekend to replace the beater I've had since selling my last nice car for a house deposit. 2002 Hyundai Coupe (Tiburon?) 2.7 V6 with 46,000 miles in goddamned beautiful condition, HPI clear and all the bells and whistles for £1,800 ($2,880). It would have been cheap enough with another £1k on the price. Sorry just the listing photo for now:

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Dogtanian posted:

Picked up a bargain at the weekend to replace the beater I've had since selling my last nice car for a house deposit. 2002 Hyundai Coupe (Tiburon?) 2.7 V6 with 46,000 miles in goddamned beautiful condition, HPI clear and all the bells and whistles for £1,800 ($2,880). It would have been cheap enough with another £1k on the price. Sorry just the listing photo for now:

drat, that's a really good deal!

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.

00 Miata LS

Needs more power.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

crutt posted:

00 Miata LS

Needs more power.

Looks great. Love the colors.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

crutt posted:

00 Miata LS

Needs more power.

I think your trim level is a pretty good hint as far as how to fix that problem.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Last shot of the Galaxie before I dropped it off last week to have the top redone.

And the most recent shot of the 390 before we did the last round of tuning. It's running way too well and now I'm concerned. I'll get some more shots once I pick it up in December and put the repainted air cleaner on.

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

metalhead posted:

Your username does not match your car :colbert:

(no metal roof)

AtomicBomber
Aug 13, 2005

oink
Now in hibernation with 1000 miles on it.

AtomicBomber fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 30, 2010

IronMcChef
Nov 23, 2009

Click here for the full 800x598 image.

2007 IS 350
Just got her a few weeks ago, extremely happy with my purchase!

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~

07' 550i w/ Sports Package and such. Been lovin it

Binya Binya
Jan 9, 2005

gullah gullah bitch
2011 GTI. Giggidy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Binya Binya posted:

2011 GTI. Giggidy.

Nice car, excellent color. That's definitely what I'll choose if I get another GTI, though mine will be a 5-door. Congrats!

Assholio
Sep 13, 2004

okay

2006 Silverado, 4.8L Vortec, 4wd, 58,000 miles on it. I have been extremely happy with it so far!

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Binya Binya posted:

2011 GTI. Giggidy.

That is a sweet color...that you can't get in canada :argh:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
My 2006 Toyota Corolla S I traded my 2001 Pontiac with my brother for so he could get himself a 1992 truck.

Picture taken in my garage because of snow.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Sir Tonk posted:

Last shot of the Galaxie before I dropped it off last week to have the top redone.

And the most recent shot of the 390 before we did the last round of tuning. It's running way too well and now I'm concerned. I'll get some more shots once I pick it up in December and put the repainted air cleaner on.

I want to touch your car with my penis. Kudos on the whip.

drewforty
Mar 29, 2009

Dogtanian posted:

I had one of these for a couple years. If anything, it has an impressive exhaust note. Very 350z/VR6-esque. It was also pretty drat reliable.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I want to touch your car with my penis. Kudos on the whip.
Ok... that's a change to the usual "I'll drive the poo poo out of that" comment.

aim
Nov 28, 2010
My 2001 JDM Legacy, 150,000k (~93,200 miles), manual, revision D, twin turbo, 280hp, 50/50 torque split. I've owned 3 legacies, and don't plan to stop, I really like them.

aim fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Nov 28, 2010

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Got a new car for the lady!

The lady needed a new car as her POS Grand Am probably wasn't going to make it through the winter. Got an '08 Ford Focus SE 2D. No optional equipment, just a solid, reliable car that gets exceptional gas mileage. It looks like it's nearly new, but it has 89,000 miles. Considering the PO has not canceled his Sirius radio subscription yet, I am assuming he had a really long commute or was a traveling salesman or something. Either way, we're get free Sirius.

All in all, I really like this car. Comfy seats, factory aux input for the stereo (which is surprisingly good), and it's geared so that it feels very torquey. Also got 35mpg last night cruising 75mph on the interstate. The best part? Paid $7900.

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007

angryhampster posted:

The lady needed a new car as her POS Grand Am probably wasn't going to make it through the winter. Got an '08 Ford Focus SE 2D. No optional equipment, just a solid, reliable car that gets exceptional gas mileage. It looks like it's nearly new, but it has 89,000 miles. Considering the PO has not canceled his Sirius radio subscription yet, I am assuming he had a really long commute or was a traveling salesman or something. Either way, we're get free Sirius.

All in all, I really like this car. Comfy seats, factory aux input for the stereo (which is surprisingly good), and it's geared so that it feels very torquey. Also got 35mpg last night cruising 75mph on the interstate. The best part? Paid $7900.

Looks very clean but drat! 89k miles on a 2 year old car?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I don't think I've ever seen a Focus 2D. Only 4D and hatchbacks.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a Focus 2D. Only 4D and hatchbacks.

This last gen hasn't had hatchbacks, but a small proportion of them are coupes.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

angryhampster posted:

Jesus, what's the msrp on those? Isn't it like 13? Maybe it's just me but 7900 seems really expensive for a Focus with 89k miles.

E: and not ragging, but that steering wheel looks like it's out of a Tempo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

travisray2004 posted:

Jesus, what's the msrp on those? Isn't it like 13? Maybe it's just me but 7900 seems really expensive for a Focus with 89k miles.

E: and not ragging, but that steering wheel looks like it's out of a Tempo.

Retail is just over $17k.