Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

BlueBayou posted:

I wish I could buy one without the sponsor logo. Man.. it just looks so sharp.

Did you order from the club?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:
The current spurs home is my favorite current kit.

Least favorite is the current Man U away kit. Looks like a training top.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

BlueBayou posted:

Tottenham Home kit. I'm not a Spurs fan but I still just ordered one.

Click here for the full 600x759 image.

I wish I could buy one without the sponsor logo. Man.. it just looks so sharp.

Obviously, I love this one too, but I've gotta go with the current US away.

I'm really fond of the sash-stripe. I love Southampton's current home, too

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!
I wish we had a somewhat disagreeable sponsor so you could request a muslim-friendly non-sponsor shirt.

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Arrogant, dumb, meat headed and stubborn. Please disregard and move on.
That Southampton shirt is nice, they don't have a sponsor?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

TomSellek posted:

That Southampton shirt is nice, they don't have a sponsor?

Not for this season, it's the 125 anniversary kit

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

Couch posted:

I wish we had a somewhat disagreeable sponsor so you could request a muslim-friendly non-sponsor shirt.

A kit store near me apparently ordered some shirts direct from Puma before the sponsorship deals were announced, so I was lucky enough to get a sponsorless shirt! :cool:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Tonight's was Spain's first match with their new kit (I could have sworn their WC one came out like 6 months ago). Anyway, I think it sucks, mostly because of the armpit stuff

TheVertigoOfBliss
Jan 29, 2007
Rangers should put out a 3rd kit or something featuring a sash.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

TheVertigoOfBliss posted:

Rangers should put out a 3rd kit or something featuring a sash.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

poty posted:

Tonight's was Spain's first match with their new kit (I could have sworn their WC one came out like 6 months ago). Anyway, I think it sucks, mostly because of the armpit stuff

Adidas are boring as gently caress with everyone except Germany

Ugh

TheVertigoOfBliss
Jan 29, 2007

ibroxmassive posted:

But the orange was only to celebrate our dutch players and coach.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Spain have such a gaudy colour scheme. Awful stuff.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

poty posted:

Ah, a star, how adorable.

Yea, the blue around the armpit looks weird.

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:

calcio posted:

Ah, a star, how adorable.

Yea, the blue around the armpit looks weird.

The blue under the shoulder stripes looks worse imo.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

Mr Pepper posted:

The blue under the shoulder stripes looks worse imo.
I wish Adidas would redesign a smaller more elegant three stripes to put on kits and stuff. Taking up the whole drat shoulder and half the sleeves with three stripes looks terrible especially when Nike has a great logo that is non obtrusive.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
A scudetto and a star. Tasteful.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

Nothus posted:

A scudetto and a star. Tasteful.
I can't read the text on the shield. I'm assuming it says Operación Puerto Éxito.

aRudeTeen
Jul 13, 2003

I think these look rad as hell.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

WhaleFarmerJohn posted:

Too bad everything else about it sucks.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

WhaleFarmerJohn posted:

Just for clarification, the powder blue is the new HOME, and Jimmy's got on the Away.

Rapids for home, Vancouver for away,

Genius, OnGoal, genius.

Forearm
Nov 14, 2005
Even Conrad isn't impressed.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Directorman posted:

Just for clarification, the powder blue is the new HOME, and Jimmy's got on the Away.

Rapids for home, Vancouver for away,

Genius, OnGoal, genius.

Rapids only wear the light blue away, and rumor has it they are losing the blue and having white aways.

Vancouver wears white at home.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

and it's not like MLS is still super orthodox about wearing homes and aways on specific games like other American leagues are (NHL/NBA), it's more first and clash now, which is good.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
For those of you who didn't know, Eurosport (also known as soccer.com) is having a huge 60% off sale at it's local warehouse in NC from today through Saturday.

Not yet owning a jersey, I was hugely excited about this. After all, the place was only 30 minutes away from where I live, and their online selection featured every jersey I could ever want!

I headed over with my friend. When we got there, we noticed they had people organizing traffic, which meant it was going to be insanely busy.

We walked inside, and I saw the huge racks of jerseys. I went over there, and I found a Germany authentic jersey.

"SWEET!" I said, as I flipped it over to see who the player was. Would it be Schweinsteiger? Mertesacker? Klose?

I read the words on the back of the shirt:

S N E I J D E R

What? That doesn't seem right. Sneijder plays for the Netherlands. How silly.

Let's take a look at this Chelsea jersey. Ooh, #10, Benayoun. Let me flip it over and....

R O O N E Y

:wtc:

It was only then that the true reality of what this sale was hit me. All of these clothing items were either deformed in some way, misprinted, or returns from people who got a custom jersey. We furiously began flipping through them, hoping that someone had returned something that could possibly be worn normally.

I went through thousands of JEFFs, CHANGs, MEGANs, all wonderful authentic techfit jerseys at 60% off from notable soccer clubs, if you could just get past the stupid loving name on the back.

I almost fell for a Germany world cup jersey that had Müller on the back, until I realized that the umlaut was misprinted over the M instead. It was sitting right next to a beautiful Germany techfit jersey that looked fine on the front, but the back revealed it had been worn in a rather muddy game before being returned.

It became a challenge of either finding something that was so hilarious you could wear it ironically (I almost got the Rooney/Chelsea jersey), or had a fixable defect.

I finally settled on this bad boy, which I got for $40 after a 60% off discount:

If you'll notice, it's missing the patch on the right sleeve, which is also shown here. That was the only thing wrong with it. Can anyone tell me what it is, and if I can somehow order the patch separately?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

the posted:

If you'll notice, it's missing the patch on the right sleeve, which is also shown here. That was the only thing wrong with it. Can anyone tell me what it is, and if I can somehow order the patch separately?

That's the patch for the Lega Calcio, which doesn't exist as of this season. Looks like you can find it on eBay.

That's the logo for the league that used to encompass Serie A and Serie B. They split this season and are now know as the Lega Serie A and the Lega Serie B, and the logos are different. If you're curious, the patch on the left is the one teams get to wear for winning the Coppa Italia.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 19, 2010

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Ah, I guess it's not a big deal then. It has a little bit of loose threads on the right sleeve, so I assumed a patch had been torn off. I'll just get a tailor or someone to clean it up. Thanks.

Pretty sure this is the patch, by the way.

the fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Nov 19, 2010

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I assume it's all but impossible to remove names and numbers from kits then? I've never had one with either on.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

harperdc posted:

and it's not like MLS is still super orthodox about wearing homes and aways on specific games like other American leagues are (NHL/NBA), it's more first and clash now, which is good.

Yeah but that also means that LA wears the all white kits for 95% of their games, which I hate.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Dudley posted:

I assume it's all but impossible to remove names and numbers from kits then? I've never had one with either on.

I imagine you could remove them with enough heat, the only issue would be any residual glue.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Shrapnac posted:

I imagine you could remove them with enough heat, the only issue would be any residual glue.

All the shirts I got from triads/ebay the numbers start peeling off after the 3rd or 4th wash.

Once I got a shirt where the "Fly Emirates" sponsor on the arsenal shirt was peeling up, and i wanted to apply it better to the shirt. I didn't know what to do so I guessed (incorrectly). I applied a piece of paper to the shirt, then i ran an iron over the paper. Instead of sticking it to the shirt, it stuck it to the paper instead, and I peeled the paper off the shirt and half the sponsor came with it.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

GutBomb posted:

All the shirts I got from triads/ebay the numbers start peeling off after the 3rd or 4th wash.

Once I got a shirt where the "Fly Emirates" sponsor on the arsenal shirt was peeling up, and i wanted to apply it better to the shirt. I didn't know what to do so I guessed (incorrectly). I applied a piece of paper to the shirt, then i ran an iron over the paper. Instead of sticking it to the shirt, it stuck it to the paper instead, and I peeled the paper off the shirt and half the sponsor came with it.

Sponsorless shirts are the best anyhow so you probably did yourself a favor

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

Sponsorless shirts are the best anyhow so you probably did yourself a favor

Well I was an idiot and only half of it came off. And I was even more of an idiot and used a piece of paper that actually had something on it, so the half of the sponsor that did stay on the shirt was forever imprinted with part of the text of a mobile home community center's invitation to a spaghetti cook-off.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

GutBomb posted:

Well I was an idiot and only half of it came off. And I was even more of an idiot and used a piece of paper that actually had something on it, so the half of the sponsor that did stay on the shirt was forever imprinted with part of the text of a mobile home community center's invitation to a spaghetti cook-off.

As hilarious as that sounds, you didn't bother to try a blank sheet of paper on the other half?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

As hilarious as that sounds, you didn't bother to try a blank sheet of paper on the other half?

I kept it as a monument of how dumb the idea was and bought a higher quality fake shirt.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Kind of chuckled at the soccertriads email I got advertising its christmas sale because I imagine none of the shirts ordered in the next few days will make it there on time for christmas.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Reek posted:

Kind of chuckled at the soccertriads email I got advertising its christmas sale because I imagine none of the shirts ordered in the next few days will make it there on time for christmas.

There is no greater surprise than the uncertain arrival of a soccertriads order.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Shes Not Impressed posted:

There is no greater surprise than the uncertain arrival of a soccertriads order.

yep.

Ordered a Real kit. 3 weeks later, no kit. So I emailed them. They sent another. 3 weeks after that - Real kit showed up. 2 days after that another Real kit showed up. So now I have two......

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

BlueBayou posted:

yep.

Ordered a Real kit. 3 weeks later, no kit. So I emailed them. They sent another. 3 weeks after that - Real kit showed up. 2 days after that another Real kit showed up. So now I have two......

It's the gift that keeps on giving. To be fair, I've ordered a total of five kits from them and they have all shown up eventually. If I was near death I might have other reservations about ordering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Shes Not Impressed posted:

It's the gift that keeps on giving. To be fair, I've ordered a total of five kits from them and they have all shown up eventually. If I was near death I might have other reservations about ordering.

If you were near death I'd hope you went for an authentic kit