Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Phoon posted:

Every loving HIGNFY Ian complains about Twitter. Every single loving one.
Its to be expected though. He kept making the same jokes about John Prescott for years. I wouldn't be surprised if he still does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

He doesn't even make jokes about it any more though he's just an old man that doesn't understand the internet complaining.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine
Buzzcocks was actually pretty funny this week.

osici
Jan 19, 2008
Wheee

cloudchamber posted:

Buzzcocks was actually pretty funny this week.

The whole season has been good so far. The Catherine Tate one was the weakest.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

osici posted:

The whole season has been good so far. The Catherine Tate one was the weakest.

This should really go without saying.

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!

Fatkraken posted:

what annoys me is the groups with 5 or 6 correct answers. I know this is deliberate, but it's still very annoying, since it's possible to know one or two groups, get them "right" and still get no points because some of the right answers were meant to be in other groups which you didn't know. It makes it more of an all or nothing game

EDIT: yay, my first ten pointer, wall #5

have to say, don't think many Americans would have gotten the Wombles

I got wall 64 :)

And drat you, DiscoJ, I had stuff I needed to do tonight! :argh:

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Jason Mansford quit the One Show after sending more explicit messages to girls over Twitter.

meme
Oct 7, 2009

But it's a pretty good way to get someone to spend money on buying you an av and sig. Maybe I should be really obnoxious and get an upgrade myself

Moral of the story: be careful what you wish for.

You are welcome.
And wanking on skype, according to the sun

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
I'd do that to get away from hosting the One Show as well.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Watching that unfold on Twitter last night was hilarious.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Did he think Twitters were private?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Huh? Details?

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine
Anybody seen the trailers for Miranda? It looks horrifyingly bad.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
The worst part is that it's Series 2

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
I feel I can forgive Miranda. It's not FOR us. We are not the target audience. Lets be honest, we as an audience are pretty well served with sarcastic, mean spirited and otherwise unpleasent sitcoms (Peep Show, Alan Partridge, The office, any of the "no laugh track" ilk), as well as surreal or nerdy stuff like The IT crowd.

There is space in the schedules for unchallenging, comfortable stuff a 9 year old can enjoy.

I also quite like Miranda Hart

Fyuz
Dec 15, 2004

Peep Show episode 1 of Series 7 is on 4od right now. It has been mentioned in the dedicated thread but I thought I may as well post it here too.

Its really loving good.

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010
ok what the gently caress is the Morgana Show? It has these bizzare adverts and I have no idea what it is.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Fyuz posted:

Peep Show episode 1 of Series 7 is on 4od right now. It has been mentioned in the dedicated thread but I thought I may as well post it here too.

Its really loving good.
Thanks for the heads up this totally slipped my mind. I just finished my series 1-6 peep show marathon too :dance:

edit drat I think the 4od player is being hammered right now

Dicky B fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Nov 19, 2010

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

If you have a problem.....

Born agoon. posted:

ok what the gently caress is the Morgana Show? It has these bizzare adverts and I have no idea what it is.

I am actually looking forward to this, it's a show based upon a segment on the truly awful TNT show with Jack Whitehall and Holly Walsh.

Basically Holly Walsh dresses as a retard and interviews people with a retard production crew, e.g.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f0p6kkXQRM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYdo4xIFiWg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy0nfcBYNYw

meme
Oct 7, 2009

But it's a pretty good way to get someone to spend money on buying you an av and sig. Maybe I should be really obnoxious and get an upgrade myself

Moral of the story: be careful what you wish for.

You are welcome.
why did 4 on demand just make me register with them? i am most displeased

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Did anyone watch Robert llewellyn's carpool on Dave last night?

Onion Vanguard
Jun 11, 2010

Breathe in. Breathe out.
Has Damien Lewis become even MORE posh?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Zorba the Greek posted:

Has Damien Lewis become even MORE posh?

I can't take him seriously since I saw this amazingly bad movie poster in the bad movie posters thread in Cinema Discusso-

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Surely having a holster round your ankle, but outside your trousers, is just a bit silly?

le chat
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl
What The gently caress is up with Susan Boyle's face? I mean, more than usual. (Children in Need) I wish I could have took a picture

le chat fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Nov 19, 2010

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

goatface posted:

Surely having a holster round your ankle, but outside your trousers, is just a bit silly?

Sillier than calmly holding a cake with a lit stick of dynamite in it?

Rummanging
Sep 26, 2008

Fyuz posted:

Its really loving good.

For some reason "I adore to read" got the biggest laugh from me. Mark's whole KFC/arcade diversion was perfect Peep Show, it just felt so wonderful.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Minimal water damage! :3: That last line had me in stitches. I love that after all these years it's still as good as ever. Every time a new series starts I'm worried the quality will drop as with so many other long running shows, but it never happens.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
has the new peep show been broadcast yet or is it just online?

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Paperhouse posted:

has the new peep show been broadcast yet or is it just online?

It's up on 4oD a week early.
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/peep-show

Faithless
Dec 1, 2006
Considering 'The Trip' is just Coogan and Brydon one upping eachother its loving hilarious. Really loving this show.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Robert should get an award for playing such a bastard. The urge to punch Jezz never goes away does it?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Well I've tried to continue watching Pillars of the Earth but whoever said earlier that it trails off after episode 3 is correct. It's hard to really pinpoint what makes it so dull but the exposition is incredibly awkward and it feels like they needed a little more money for the project.
There's never quite enough extras around, places don't feel big enough and the sets look like BBC's Robin Hood, which was dire.

It's a shame because The Anarchy is a really under used and under known period of history. I guess I'll just have to wait for HBO to finish Game of Thrones.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
Man I am halfway through shotgunning both Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes.

Gene Hunt :swoon:

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Phuzzy posted:

He has fingers in more pies than a leper at a cookery course.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

So I guess this is the last series of Peepshow then? I got a feeling it'll be a good one :).

I wonder what'll Anchor Jezz.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Phuzzy posted:

Now I got to the end and I'm all sad. :( Sort of.

wickles
Oct 12, 2009

"In England we have a saying for a situation such as this, which is that it's difficult difficult lemon difficult."

SeanBeansShako posted:

So I guess this is the last series of Peepshow then?

Is it?!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

wickles posted:

Is it?!

Well, feels like it to me. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't but I expect even Mitchell and Webb might want to finish it up and start some new projects.

Then again I'm one of those boring guys who think if a show hits series six or seven it should consider finishing up soon. We can be wrong of course as (mostly) the New Doctor Who stuff shows us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wickles
Oct 12, 2009

"In England we have a saying for a situation such as this, which is that it's difficult difficult lemon difficult."
p sure Sam Bain and Jesse Armstrong said they'd just keep going till they run out of ideas or the public get bored of it.