Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

1stGear posted:

Is the UK seriously that harsh?

My word no. You'll catch crap for it, but you'd only have to re-take a year if the piece of work counts towards an actual qualification.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal
Who died and made Reynardine Annie's mother?

...oh

...um nevermind.

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Only up until college. Get caught loving around in college and your rear end is effectively banned from all higher education.

You'd certainly like to think so wouldn't you.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

More to the point, Annie is copying Kat's stuff without permission. Even if it were ok to copy notes from a friend, there's still the matter of whether it'd be ok with Kat if she knew.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Interesting development. Up until now the main character seemed to be the sincere, dedicated type and difficulty at school was not expected. Now she both took her friend's homework without permission and tries to copy it. Strange.

\/ I was not aware of that. Thanks for clearing that up.

lllllllllllllllllll fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 17, 2010

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Interesting development. Up until now the main character seemed to be the sincere, dedicated type and difficulty at school was not expected. Now she both took her friend's homework without permission and tries to copy it. Strange.

She's been shown cheating off of Kat's work before and breaks the rules regularly. This is not exactly a new character development, just a further exploration of one.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Are you a robot?

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
Annie also stole the photograph of her mother and friends from Kat's parents, something that even Renard commented on ("you'd steal from your friend's family?") so Annie being a bit less than absolutely trustworthy is nothing new.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Psych posted:

Who died and made Reynardine Annie's mother?

...oh

...um nevermind.

You'd certainly like to think so wouldn't you.

Well at the very least I've seen people failed immediately from courses for plagiarism and cheating on midterms/finals. It's pretty solemn when the instructor calls a guy out in a room of 400 and basically says "You cheated and now you're gone".

I'm also expecting Kat to walk in on Annie copying away. And Annie will have the same expression that she gave Jack.

The 19th Person
Sep 26, 2010

The devious DARKBRINGER plans to dominate first Lightbringer, and then the entire Midwest!
This update, at least to me, paints Annie in a brighter light. Yes, she resorted to cheating, but she at least tried earlier. This wasn't laziness but a desperation tactic, just one she's fallen a bit too dependent on. Doesn't completely clear her though.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Brannock posted:

Are you a robot?
Hey, robots are allowed to post in here, as long as they're not a certain terrible one.

(His name IS in binary...)

vv that's actually really depressing.

Fecha fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 17, 2010

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal

Revolver Bunker posted:

Well at the very least I've seen people failed immediately from courses for plagiarism and cheating on midterms/finals. It's pretty solemn when the instructor calls a guy out in a room of 400 and basically says "You cheated and now you're gone".

My mom's a professor and she was forced by her university once to give several students make-up tests after their parent's complained the the university that she had failed them for cheating on a final.

Clearly the severity of punishment can be inconsistent.

Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation

Psych posted:

My mom's a professor and she was forced by her university once to give several students make-up tests after their parent's complained the the university that she had failed them for cheating on a final.

Clearly the severity of punishment can be inconsistent.

Bwhahahaah that is loving retarded.

I feel like if that got out the university would lose a poo poo ton of credibility. Also why on Earth would the university let the parents have that much clout, it's loving university.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Brownie posted:

Also why on Earth would the university let the parents have that much clout

the parents are the uni's source of money :ssh:

Dianasaur Go!
Jun 10, 2004

too soon from the cave
too far from the stars
As far as social skills and being a medium, I thought it was stated that the most important part of being a medium is the ability to be neutral. Annie certainly has that going for her, along with the psychic abilities she inherited from her mom. So you don't really need to be a "people person" to be a good medium. In fact, I can imagine that having a friendly, warm personality could make the job harder. I mean, when you get down to it, it's politics, and having a cooler, more distant attitude -- while remaining polite and observant -- is an asset in that sort of work.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Tea-san continues to deliver only the very finest of reaction faces. Gunnerkrigg really is a pleasure.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Oh man, that comment about if Reynardine were Annie's father must stick out a lot more in light of what she's just learned about Reynardine and Surma.

Also not only is Antimony cheating, she's implicated Kat too. Why you gotta be such a jerk, Antimony? :smith:

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
Annie is about to explode with the force of a small nuclear bomb. That face. The angriest face.

Wong Dongson
Mar 26, 2010

More like Wrong Dongson am I right?

Get it?

Because I'm really fucking dumb and annoying and usually have no idea what the fuck I'm talk about.
Antagonizing the person with supernatural control over your every action is, in final estimate, probably a really stupid idea.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
Yep, we're headed for a breakdown. Though considering what she has gone through it's about time.

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010
You know what this chapter needs to really push Annie over the edge

.... Boxbot.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

No Mods No Masters posted:

Tea-san continues to deliver only the very finest of reaction faces. Gunnerkrigg really is a pleasure.

I actually really didn't like the art on this page, it just seems a little off. Seconding that I'm looking forward to the imminent explosion, though :)

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.

bigfatspacko_uk posted:

I actually really didn't like the art on this page, it just seems a little off. Seconding that I'm looking forward to the imminent explosion, though :)

Agreed, specifically the first panel.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!

Calico Noose posted:

You know what this chapter needs to really push Annie over the edge

.... Boxbot.

Thank you for the inspiration.

Click here for the full 1080x540 image.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Nonbaka posted:

Pupils are too big. Still beautiful.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Man Reynardine you are about to get your little stuffed arms and legs torn right the gently caress off.

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010

Nonbaka posted:

He needs a little "Awwww" speech bubble in the final panel, but otherwise excellent.

Melche
Apr 29, 2009

Snicket posted:

As far as social skills and being a medium, I thought it was stated that the most important part of being a medium is the ability to be neutral. Annie certainly has that going for her, along with the psychic abilities she inherited from her mom. So you don't really need to be a "people person" to be a good medium. In fact, I can imagine that having a friendly, warm personality could make the job harder. I mean, when you get down to it, it's politics, and having a cooler, more distant attitude -- while remaining polite and observant -- is an asset in that sort of work.

Yeah, this is what I thought. She's objective because she's disengaged from the situation, like when she noticed the headmaster was being a dick while the others tacitly took the Court's side and only noticed what a dick Ysengrin was being.

She does well when she's watching social situations from the outside, but she's pretty out of her depth when she's immersed in them. Like when she picked Kat's birdboy up and shook him because she wanted to test if he was really light, or completely missed the Parley-Smitty thing because she was still focussed on Jeanne. She only realised she should give Kat and birdboy some room when she kinda disengaged from the situation and was looking from the outside. Kind of like a fat old sports coach who can tell you exactly what's wrong with your technique, but wouldn't be able to play for poo poo himself.

Anyway gently caress that, roll on the breakdown!

qa6
Jul 26, 2006

I'll tell ya how I been!
I BIN JUNK!
So basically, even Jones has more social skills than Annie.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

qa6 posted:

So basically, even Jones has more social skills than Annie.

Jones has the latest version of the software Yes.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Annie was designed and built to be software upgradable She'll get better with time.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Weirdly enough, Annie seems much less disengaged-- not to mention a whole lot more animated and emotive-- when she's in the forest with Coyote.

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010
Kat's into birds, turns out Annie is into dogs. All this time Tea-san has just been lulling us into a false sense of security before BAM! We've been reading a beastailty web-comic all along.

The 19th Person
Sep 26, 2010

The devious DARKBRINGER plans to dominate first Lightbringer, and then the entire Midwest!

Calico Noose posted:

Kat's into birds, turns out Annie is into dogs. All this time Tea-san has just been lulling us into a false sense of security before BAM! We've been reading a beastailty web-comic all along.

Can we never ever mention bestiality ever again in this thread? Yes, it's a subject matter that can create good jokes in skilled hands, but at a certain point it begins to sound like people are projecting it onto the comic.

Aeldaar
Apr 14, 2008

Check.
what's the boxbot joke?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rincewind posted:

Weirdly enough, Annie seems much less disengaged-- not to mention a whole lot more animated and emotive-- when she's in the forest with Coyote.

The Court is too far removed from natural magic, which is and should be Annie's source of the stuff, rather than the high-technology, high-science stuff that the Court focuses on.

Annie is in her true element when she's in the forest, and if she were allowed to spend more time there, would truly grow into her abilities fully.

Or something.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Aeldaar posted:

what's the boxbot joke?

Boxbot is terrible. Robox is awesome.

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

Just got back from the Thought Bubble convention. I think I went a bit mad at Tom's table...

Yes I asked for a picture of Boxbot. No I am not ashamed. Thanks very much Tom!

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Comix Bitch posted:

Just got back from the Thought Bubble convention. I think I went a bit mad at Tom's table...

Yes I asked for a picture of Boxbot. No I am not ashamed. Thanks very much Tom!

Thought bubble is always at the worst time of year for me for some reason. Like Leeds is just other there but I still haven't been able to go :(

Wong Dongson
Mar 26, 2010

More like Wrong Dongson am I right?

Get it?

Because I'm really fucking dumb and annoying and usually have no idea what the fuck I'm talk about.
I like seeing boxbot happy, it gives me dancing feet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
Seriously Annie, that wasn't nice.