Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

No, you were right the first time, what an rear end in a top hat. I really want some Pharoah's Quest, but if I saw some at Target today, I wouldn't clean them out of every single copy of every set. Maybe other collectors want some? Maybe even kids want some? The guy's a huge hardcore rear end in a top hat.

I loving would, and turn my basement into a scale replica of the valley of the kings.

Well, no, not really. But I really want some of those sets. The Pyramid and the Bi-plane are cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Just so you guys know, the B1G1 50% off stuff going on at Toys R Us today and tomorrow is also happening online if you use the promo code 941747. And even though they said Pharoah's Quest isn't part of the sale, it is in fact ringing up with the discount.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Apparently a way to tell the difference between the new Minifigs before buying them has been revealed... each pack has a unique set of bumps along its edge, which correspond to a certain Minifig:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
For christ's sake, the point of blindpacking toys is so you're surprised when you get one, not so you can turn into some kind of aspergian rain man.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

zenintrude posted:

Apparently a way to tell the difference between the new Minifigs before buying them has been revealed... each pack has a unique set of bumps along its edge, which correspond to a certain Minifig:

gently caress this poo poo.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!
Haha, I'm not doing that. I'll stick to the ol' squeeze pieces through the bag trick, which so far has about a 25% accuracy rate.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

"It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either."

InfinEight posted:

I stood like a goof rooting through the entire bin at Walmart for Series 2 but never again. I'll just grab a few random ones and hope for the best.

gently caress this poo poo indeed.

SubbyMinx
Dec 30, 2009

InfinEight posted:

I'd rather pay a slight markup off Bricklink than work those out! Jesus!

sam.freak
Nov 21, 2004

That's it baby just a bit to the left. Perfect. Now show us your tits.

Time Cowboy posted:

Haha, I'm not doing that. I'll stick to the ol' squeeze pieces through the bag trick, which so far has about a 25% accuracy rate.

Speak for yourself, I'm in the 80's to 90's with series 1 and 2. It's a science, not an art!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

zenintrude posted:

They might as well have stuck to barcodes.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

3 posted:

For christ's sake, the point of blindpacking toys is so you're surprised when you get one, not so you can turn into some kind of aspergian rain man.

Some of us don't want to end up with four tennis girls and a sumo wrestler. :colbert:

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Some of us don't want to end up with four tennis girls and a sumo wrestler. :colbert:

That sounds like the best kind of Saturday night to me.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

But...how else are you going to do Women's Doubles?
And you need a trophy and a judge...

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Hanukkah came early this year.

zenintrude posted:

FBTB cracked it and in addition to those pics, they've put together a nice little table (that Toys n Bricks and some other sites ripped off).

http://www.fbtb.net/2010/11/18/series-3-blind-pack-code-cracked/

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
My friend got a job working at a LEGO store. Am I supposed to kill her and take her place, or what? Of note, she gets a 30% discount on anything she buys.

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!

A Bad Poster posted:

My friend got a job working at a LEGO store. Am I supposed to kill her and take her place, or what? Of note, she gets a 30% discount on anything she buys.

I was talkin to one of the lego store employee's a while back, there is One day a year they get 50% but aren't allowed to get VIP points on anything purchased.

Veeb0rg fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Nov 20, 2010

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Went looking for season 3 the other day, didn't find any but did see this:

Either supply has been much higher here in europe, or demand lower, but I dont think any store has had issues with them immediately selling out

sam.freak
Nov 21, 2004

That's it baby just a bit to the left. Perfect. Now show us your tits.

Ika posted:

Went looking for season 3 the other day, didn't find any but did see this:

Either supply has been much higher here in europe, or demand lower, but I dont think any store has had issues with them immediately selling out

You do realise that that thing probably isn't full all the way to the floor, right?

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!
Went to Toys'R'Us to take advantage of their buy1getone50% sale and figured I'd swing by the thift store on the way home. Glad I did.

Oh yeah. $9.89

I know there is some megablock in it, but I think its well worth the risk.

Veeb0rg fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 20, 2010

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

sam.freak posted:

You do realise that that thing probably isn't full all the way to the floor, right?

Of course, but its at least half a meter, because I went digging throught it to find out :D

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Veeb0rg posted:

I was talkin to one of the lego store employee's a while back, there is One day a year they get 50% but aren't allowed to get VIP points on anything purchased.

Irecently started working part-time at a LEGO store, we get those 50% four times a year, not just once. 30% on everything all the time including poo poo that's on sale.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Katana Gomai posted:

Irecently started working part-time at a LEGO store, we get those 50% four times a year, not just once. 30% on everything all the time including poo poo that's on sale.

Will you be my best friend, with benefits?

afflictionwisp
Aug 26, 2003
I'm in love with this Moldy Crow that showed up on MOCpages today and hasn't gotten nearly enough attention. It's a simpler build than some of the other ones out there, but the builder still got all the important details right. Just a great looking, clean, solid build. I'm seriously tempted to copy it, I can barely stand Star Wars anymore, but loving God how I love that ship.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

afflictionwisp posted:

I'm in love with this Moldy Crow that showed up on MOCpages today and hasn't gotten nearly enough attention. It's a simpler build than some of the other ones out there, but the builder still got all the important details right. Just a great looking, clean, solid build. I'm seriously tempted to copy it, I can barely stand Star Wars anymore, but loving God how I love that ship.

That thing is so Star Wars-y that every single Star Wars thing created since Return of the Jedi isn't even half as Star Wars-y as that thing. Am I making sense here?

Bophf
Sep 10, 2006

well I oh
Went to Toys R Us today because apparently I'm clinically insane and think it's a good idea to go casually shopping at TRU a little over a month before Christmas, and I was looking at their Lego stuff and found the log cabin Creator set already on the shelves for $29.99. I wound up getting it and it's pretty neat, I love the dark red bricks and an extra minifigure is always nice.

I also got a postcard in the mail yesterday for Lego's Black Friday weekend deal, including free shipping with orders of $49 or more online only. You also get 10% off all purchases of $149 or more, 50% off the Lego Universe Game DVD, and if you visit a Lego store on November 26, you'll receive a savings card at checkout, revealing a 10%, 20% or 50% discount. :woop:

afflictionwisp
Aug 26, 2003

Well Manicured Man posted:

That thing is so Star Wars-y that every single Star Wars thing created since Return of the Jedi isn't even half as Star Wars-y as that thing. Am I making sense here?

Except for the part where you ignored Dark Forces.

\/ assumed he was talking about the model and not the ship, but point taken. i'll just go back to fallout for a while.

afflictionwisp fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 21, 2010

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

afflictionwisp posted:

Except for the part where you ignored Dark Forces.

But The Moldy Crow is a key part of Dark Forces.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Got a Blacktron I bug, spent a great afternoon playing Lego with the kids.

VROOM VROOM VROOM zap zap

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I don't know if anyone's posted this yet. http://www.ikros.net/ This site has a fairly entertaining story done with legos and some of his creations are really neat and well done.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

VaultAggie posted:

I don't know if anyone's posted this yet. http://www.ikros.net/ This site has a fairly entertaining story done with legos and some of his creations are really neat and well done.

quote:

This site is optimized to be viewed in Netscape at 800 x 600

Awesome.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
Incidentally, my local Target is no longer selling the S2 minifigures, but does have a bunch of bagged mini-sets in the Christmas section, I'd guess for stocking stuffers. Mostly atlantis and city themes, but also what's presumably the remain stock of their mini X-wing and attack shuttle sets from last Easter. Worth a look if you missed them.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Hobnob posted:

Incidentally, my local Target is no longer selling the S2 minifigures, but does have a bunch of bagged mini-sets in the Christmas section, I'd guess for stocking stuffers. Mostly atlantis and city themes, but also what's presumably the remain stock of their mini X-wing and attack shuttle sets from last Easter. Worth a look if you missed them.

Mine also had a little toy story jeep army guy, which is awesome. Toys 'R Us had a little star wars mini speeder stormtrooper baggie.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

The little mummies-with-Horus-heads-and-loving-falcon-wings are seriously awesome. Got that and the robot Creator set; once again overlooked the "don't just dump a pile of parts on the floor because your back's gonna kill in an hour, old man," warning.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
So there are some real lego assholes at my local TRU. They had like 4-5 of the "lego star wars" books that come with 2 minifigs and 250pc to build a few different things, and it's a whole bunch of info on lego star wars. And it was the perfect gift for my nephew.

But no, someone had gone through and opened all of them to yank the minifigs out.

So he's getting a lego motorcycle and a lego racecar instead.

And Aunt J got herself the lego x-wing. I don't even really *like* star wars, but the x-wing is...an x-wing!

I was just pissed that the pharoh's quest stuff wasn't included on the coupon, that little biplane is pretty loving sweet.

Dame Cook
Aug 6, 2006

by I Ozma Myself

RKOMG! posted:

The little mummies-with-Horus-heads-and-loving-falcon-wings are seriously awesome.

AA is for Quitters posted:

that little biplane is pretty loving sweet.

Yeah, the biplane set looks like a must-have. Plus the motorbike set for the scarab shields and Khopesh swords, and the impulse for the best character. Add in a couple of the small Ninjago sets for the new accessories, and a few S3 minifigures, and this Christmas/New Year is going to be the most I've spent on new LEGO for a while.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

ireladd posted:

Will you be my best friend, with benefits?

The joke is that I am actually looking for someone who can benefit off my discount because I personally don't buy Lego (or much rather, don't have the funds for it right now). I work in Germany though, so it's probably not practical for anyone here :smith:

afflictionwisp
Aug 26, 2003
This is one of the most sickeningly detailed buildings I've ever seen. Look at the entire set, everything about it, interior and exterior, is just perfect, it doesn't even look like Lego.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Katana Gomai posted:

The joke is that I am actually looking for someone who can benefit off my discount because I personally don't buy Lego (or much rather, don't have the funds for it right now). I work in Germany though, so it's probably not practical for anyone here :smith:

Which of the german stores? I live in NRW.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

AA is for Quitters posted:

So there are some real lego assholes at my local TRU. They had like 4-5 of the "lego star wars" books that come with 2 minifigs and 250pc to build a few different things, and it's a whole bunch of info on lego star wars. And it was the perfect gift for my nephew.

But no, someone had gone through and opened all of them to yank the minifigs out.
You could always try online. I know Amazon has it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Ika posted:

Which of the german stores? I live in NRW.

Don't wanna give it away here but I can't PM you. Post any messenger handle and we can talk about it.