Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empire Waffles
Apr 3, 2009

Kallikrates posted:

http://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/2021849118.html
Lowered the Price DRZ 400sm. Help me move.

I wish I would have bought your's instead of the one I got (I'm in SA). It's so much nicer for the same price. But that was a few months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Infinotize posted:

Selling my Aprilia Tuoldo - she's an 04 with 24,2xx miles. Running perfect and in good shape! Located in MD.

Now asking 4800 obo. Someone buy a tuono.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

Kallikrates posted:

http://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/2021849118.html
Lowered the Price DRZ 400sm. Help me move.

This is exactly what I'm looking for and the price is very reasonable, and I live in Austin but I won't be able to buy one for another month or two :(

Good luck with the sale though :)

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Another youthful indiscretion

Infinotize posted:

Now asking 4800 obo. Someone buy a tuono.

Want it, but winter is a hard time for a coast-to-coast fly and ride. :(

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

benwards posted:

Want it, but winter is a hard time for a coast-to-coast fly and ride. :(

Just go south!

Content:

I bought a A* flex fit cap on a whim without trying it on. Of course I am retarded and bought the wrong size. It's too small. MY STUPIDITY IS YOUR GAIN! It's listed as a size 4-7. I cut the tags off, put it on my head, and said "gently caress." That's the extent of its wear.

$15 shipped?

I also have a Joe Rocket honda jacket, size medium I bought awhile back and have worn a whopping three times, just around town stuff. It didn't fit me very well at all, the chest/belly area was way too huge. It's got a zip in quilted liner but it's not terribly thick, would make a good jacket for someone in milder climates than the frozen wasteland Iowa turns into during the winter. I'll get real pics tonight but it's this model/color, and in essentially new condition.

$40 shipped?

JACKET SOLD!

needknees fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Nov 5, 2010

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Another youthful indiscretion

needknees posted:

Just go south!

Brilliant. Now if only that would also solve my unemployment and concomitant lack of funds. :(

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Just in time for Valentine's Day, a red windscreen for a 99-02 Yamaha R6. Tinted red so everyone knows what a Republican you are, with low-profile geometry that perfectly complements your twatty lowered sportbike. Asking $30 shipped, cheaper if you're local to 757.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!

TheScott2K posted:

Just in time for Valentine's Day, a red windscreen for a 99-02 Yamaha R6. Tinted red so everyone knows what a Republican you are, with low-profile geometry that perfectly complements your twatty lowered sportbike. Asking $30 shipped, cheaper if you're local to 757.

My GOD, is it wrong that I want to put this on my Blue R6????? Of course I would need to put a gray Cobra insignia on it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Only if you don't steal any scientists with it.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Crayvex posted:

My GOD, is it wrong that I want to put this on my Blue R6????? Of course I would need to put a gray Cobra insignia on it.

That, sir, is the one context in which that windscreen would actually rule. I'll drop it to $25 shipped if you promise to post pics. PM me if you're interested.

Empire Waffles
Apr 3, 2009

Korwen posted:

This is exactly what I'm looking for and the price is very reasonable, and I live in Austin but I won't be able to buy one for another month or two :(

Good luck with the sale though :)

I'm thinking about selling mine in the next month or two. It's a black 2005 with 12k. Let me know if you'd be interested.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

wallofwords posted:

I'm thinking about selling mine in the next month or two. It's a black 2005 with 12k. Let me know if you'd be interested.

Yes, I would be interested. I have PM, my AIM is in my profile and my e-mail is username at gmail.com. Just get a hold of me whenever :)

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

TheScott2K posted:

That, sir, is the one context in which that windscreen would actually rule. I'll drop it to $25 shipped if you promise to post pics. PM me if you're interested.

Paypal funds have been sent. I'm such a nerd...

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
You WILL post pictures of yourself riding around like that.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Crayvex posted:

Paypal funds have been sent. I'm such a nerd...

So much awesome here!

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

As awesome as that helmet looks, it is mad uncomfortable. I'll post some glamor shots with it, but I'll try to get some action shots on the bike with the uniform my black motorcycle helmet and mirror visor. At least that one is DOT certified. Ha ha ha.

The final decision is do I go with a 6" or an 8" symbol? I think it will look sweet in silver.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

needknees posted:

I also have a Joe Rocket honda jacket, size medium I bought awhile back and have worn a whopping three times, just around town stuff. It didn't fit me very well at all, the chest/belly area was way too huge. It's got a zip in quilted liner but it's not terribly thick, would make a good jacket for someone in milder climates than the frozen wasteland Iowa turns into during the winter. I'll get real pics tonight but it's this model/color, and in essentially new condition.

$40 shipped?
I've got this jacket. I pulled the Honday patches off with some careful work with a seam ripper in about 30 minutes. Without the liner, it's good down to around 48-50* below that, and it gets chilly... I haven't put the liner in and tried it yet.

It's got a pocket just inside the zipper on the left for your music player, and a grommet (that black thing) near the collar on the left for headphone routing.

All in all, I've been VERY happy with it, and it's totally money well spent.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

needknees posted:

Just go south!

Content:

$40 shipped?

If the jacket is available still, I'm interested. I'll go try on a Joe Rocket Medium around here and see if it fits me. I'm 5'8" and about 190 (I know, I'll be losing weight soon hopefully) but I generally wear a medium shirt, so I think it'll fit.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Korwen posted:

If the jacket is available still, I'm interested. I'll go try on a Joe Rocket Medium around here and see if it fits me. I'm 5'8" and about 190 (I know, I'll be losing weight soon hopefully) but I generally wear a medium shirt, so I think it'll fit.

Yep, still have it. For sizing info I'm 6' 165lbs, wear size 42 1pc leathers and it fit me fine lengthwise and through the shoulders, but was pretty big through the chest and stomach both. It honestly sounds like it'd fit you drat near perfect, maybe slightly long in the arms depending on how you're proportioned. Let me know :)

Edit -- just took some (lovely cellphone) pics!

It's seriously like new. I looked to see if there were any bug guts and saw none. Surely there's one or two on there but this is essentially a new jacket.

needknees fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Nov 5, 2010

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

needknees posted:

jacket

Do you want paypal? you can e-mail me at username at gmail.com if you'd like, or PM me, or hit me up on AIM, whichever you prefer. I need a jacket, I live in a "milder" climate, that seems like it'll fit. And I'll look like a tropical starburst.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Korwen posted:

Do you want paypal? you can e-mail me at username at gmail.com if you'd like, or PM me, or hit me up on AIM, whichever you prefer. I need a jacket, I live in a "milder" climate, that seems like it'll fit. And I'll look like a tropical starburst.

Payment received, jacket will ship out tomorrow morning :)

ohwandernearer
Jul 15, 2009
I have the stock wheels off of my DRZ 400 S for sale if anyone wants them. I don't know what a fair price is so make me an offer and we'll work something out. Just wheels+tires and the brake disks--I took the sprocket.

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot

ohwandernearer posted:

I have the stock wheels off of my DRZ 400 S for sale if anyone wants them. I don't know what a fair price is so make me an offer and we'll work something out. Just wheels+tires and the brake disks--I took the sprocket.

I probably want these for my gf but I have a few questions and you don't have PM, do you have an email or IM where I can get in touch with you?

ohwandernearer
Jul 15, 2009
yeah kennedysdiefunny (at) gmail (dot) com, probably should have been in the post

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

ohwandernearer posted:

Not to step in on anyone's sales, but you should check thumpertalk. DRZ wheels both the SM and S version go for a pretty penny.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
tl;dr: Selling my black 2004 Wee-Strom in California in a couple weeks. Has a lot of miles and cosmetic dings, but is very sound mechanically and I won't be asking much for it. Bike has lots of farkles and is set up to be ridden a lot

Heads-up to any goons in CA, I'll be selling my 2004 V-Strom 650 there in a couple weeks. I'm currently in New Mexico and working my way slowly to California, and once I'm there I'm going to sell the bike and fly home.

Bike is . . . very well "adventured", but I will not be asking a lot for it. It's got 71,000 miles on it now, will probably have close to 80,000 by the time I sell it.

It has just about every farkle you could want for a touring Wee:

-Happy Trails rack and canyon-cut aluminum hard bags
-Rioch Intiminator inertia valves in the front suspension (same idea as Racetech Emulators, but slightly different)
-DL1000 seat (1" taller then stock)
-Givi crash bars
-Givi centerstand
-Givi mirrors (look WAY nicer then the stock squares, great visibility, much less noisy in the wind)
-K&N air filter
-Heated grips
-Givi hand guards
-Buell turn signals
-Throttle lock
-PVC tool tube
-16t front sproket (1 higher then stock)
-12v power outlet in the fairing
-Cortech strap-on tank bag

Regulars here will have a good idea already of how the bike has been treated. I would like to think that I've never abused or beaten on it, but I do ride the everliving piss out of it. It's an adventure bike, and it has the dings to show for it. If you're interested, I could write out a list of all the cosmetic issues with it, it's a . . . long list. However, everything mechanically with the bike is perfect and I've been religious about maintenance. When you ride as much as I do, you have to be.

-Valves were checked at 65k, all in spec
-New front sprocket and chain at 65k
-Fork seals done at 55k
-Rear wheel bearings replaced at 70k
-Oil changed regularly with Rotella T6

Recent pictures from my current trip (seat bag not included, tank bag and hard bags are):

This is no powderpuff bike, but it's been crazy reliable to me. Again, I'm not asking much. Probably a lot less then you'd think Make an offer.

*edit* I'll take $1800

Tsaven Nava fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Nov 22, 2010

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Post it on BARF with your story. You'll get a lot of bumps, at least. And that'll at least give you some lowballs for worst case scenario.

You do have to have a suggested starting price there though.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

redscare posted:

Selling my KLR since I'm never going to ride it now that I have the Falco. There's just too much superslab between Long Beach and just about anywhere that its worth taking a KLR to. And I'm lazy. Could use the money too.

Its a 2005 with about 32,000 miles (I'll update w/exact mileage tonight). I'm responsible for about 4k of it, almost all highway. Tags good until next June.

Doo was done by a P.O. as was most of the farkling

Farkle list includes most of the dual star catalog:
Bashplate
Fork brace
Rear brake cylinder guard
Dual star shift/rear brake levers
Upgraded front brake
Steel-braided brake lines
Givi top case (a bit scuffed up but otherwise in fine shape)
Wolfman tank bag
Factory soft bags (I bought them and have yet to use em, one of the straps needs to be sewn back on)
Aftermarket front fender (have the stock one as well)
Aftermarket handlebar (same for the bar)
12V outlet on the handlebar and a gear plug under the s eat
Heated grips
Throttle lock
Handlebar guards
Neutral starter interlock disabled
Sealed battery
Center stand

Its taken a couple no-speed naps in the dirt, but never been down otherwise. It has an aftermarket can in this pic, but I put the stock one back on since I got tired of the noise. The rear plastic is a bit melted because I screwed up putting the aftermarket can on.

Tires are ME880 hockey pucks with a decent amount of life left in em.

Have service manuals plus a stash of parts that includes oil filters, spare levels, bolts, and a clutch cable.

Asking $2250

Going to put this back up for sale...contemplating giving this riding thing up entirely (just don't ride enough) but not going to decide until after the KLR's sold

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Z3n posted:

Post it on BARF with your story. You'll get a lot of bumps, at least. And that'll at least give you some lowballs for worst case scenario.

You do have to have a suggested starting price there though.

Hey, newbies can't post in the "Bikes for sale" for 30 days after making a membership. Would you mind posting? I'd start talking at $2500 for it.

slowspeedracer
Oct 6, 2007

Not so much for sale, but brokering without profit. I picked up a pair of Alpinestars S-MX5 Sportbike boots for $160 and change over the weekend on closeout from a local Ducati Dealer. If any goon is interested PM or email me at m.shipes @ Gmale.com
obviously fix the gmail part....
If you are local to Michigan, PM or email for the dealer.

If you know your size I will see what they have in stock and I will buy them and ship to you for whatever the exact shipping charges are. I am not looking to make a buck, just help out some fellow riders. The best I could find them for online was $220

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Tsaven Nava posted:

Hey, newbies can't post in the "Bikes for sale" for 30 days after making a membership. Would you mind posting? I'd start talking at $2500 for it.

http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6230887#post6230887

Post up in there with your contact info.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Tsaven you really should sell the farkles separately.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
edit:nevermind

AncientTV fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 25, 2013

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
Holy poo poo! Someone else who wears a 36!

I'll chime in to say that the stage is an awesome jacket though. I've got a friend who has had his for like 5 years and it's still going strong through 4 or so crashes.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
We're just racer-sized is all :v:

An addendum to that, I wore the jacket for only 7 months or so, so it has plenty of life left in it.

Edit: Android autocorrect can suck butts

AncientTV fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Nov 20, 2010

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
I'd take $1800 for the Wee. That time in Guadalupe Mountains National Park took it's tole on the bike. The rack for the hard bags is pretty tweaked on the right side, badly enough that the rear bolt hole is cracked and the threads 90% ripped out. It's fine as is if you don't care about aesthetics, but it makes the bike look a bit lopsided.

Also, the turn signals are both held together with packing tape, but I guess I could get new ones for the right buyer.

EvilCrayon
Dec 30, 2007
I have a pair of worn Racer High End gloves in a size large for sale. I've been wearing them regularly for the past 2 months since I bought them as a birthday gift in September. I have only good things to say about them but I find myself wanting something warmer and waterproof.

The palms have gone from a pristine yellow to being marred with grime. Other than the discoloration though, no other signs of wear. I do wear a glove liner and the gloves don't smell bad. I just cleaned them up with some leather conditioner as well.

I'm looking for $150 or a straight trade for Racer Multitops in a size large.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Selling Sidi Vertigos, size 44 euro. Used but still in decent shape. My feet much prefer A*... gone to those for race, street, and dirt boots now.

$100 shipped!

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

needknees posted:

Selling Sidi Vertigos, size 44 euro. Used but still in decent shape. My feet much prefer A*... gone to those for race, street, and dirt boots now.

$100 shipped!

Can you get some pics to show wear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

Can you get some pics to show wear?

This is from the end of july but they don't look too much different now.

I've worn them maybe a dozen times since I took those pictures. In the interest of full disclosure I did lowside in them (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3091384&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=23#post383520202 ) but turns out sliding on ice really doesn't do much damage! The right side boot has some scuffs on the side and it hit the vent button a little bit but it's still there and still works. There's a little bit of wear on some seams on the inside of the boots where my rearset heel guards got hooked on it but nothing serious. I've had them repaired before and it cost a whopping 11 bucks at a local shoe repair shop.

Overall they are a solid pair of boots that have a bunch of life left in them. I bought the things new almost exactly a year ago.