Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Skeezy posted:

http://www.myspace.com/theaquabats

Here's the full version of Radio Down. I like it, I mean I'll take anything from them.

It's not bad, and listening to it again it's starting to grow on me. And yeah, really anything new Aquabats is appreciated.

e: and for those of us who can't hear You By Me on Spotify, the samples are up on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/You-By-Me-Vol-1/dp/B004A2TY2Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1288652312&sr=8-1

It sounds good if you're into acoustics or (like me) will slobber all over anything Kalnoky has anything at all to do with.

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Nov 2, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
my first SAS/NMD crossover av

sup

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CodfishCartographer posted:

It's not bad, and listening to it again it's starting to grow on me. And yeah, really anything new Aquabats is appreciated.

e: and for those of us who can't hear You By Me on Spotify, the samples are up on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/You-By-Me-Vol-1/dp/B004A2TY2Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1288652312&sr=8-1

It sounds good if you're into acoustics or (like me) will slobber all over anything Kalnoky has anything at all to do with.

Honestly Potthast's covers are just amazing

I even love Moment of Silence, and that's basically the only Streetlight song I don't like

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I don't really give a poo poo about the Aquabats but that Tomas/Dan split sounds pretty rad.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Cassel posted:

Here it is if you haven't found it yet.
http://open.spotify.com/album/1RzNxdcim2KHq7VtaYOdAo

Oh wow this is amazing. I've listened to Potthast before and I never really liked him but these are some bodacious covers!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Dibsing I Voted For Kodos.

:whatup:

(We're still doing this, right?)

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS

Sockser posted:

Dibsing I Voted For Kodos.

:whatup:

(We're still doing this, right?)

:frogout:

Their singer/mellophone player wasn't to happy with my responce to "what do you think of the new album?"

I think your older stuff is alot better

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Throwdown tie, PURCHASED

Is it December yet?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FateoMcSkippy posted:

Throwdown tie, PURCHASED

Is it December yet?

It's Fagvember

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I hate you

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Goddamnit LTJ why do you hate Boston

I'm not driving to Hartford to watch Vinnie waste 1/4 of their set with idiotic banter.

Lawrence Kansas and Des Moines and no Omaha. Sigh.

At least I get to see RBF and Aquabats on Sat.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I'm stoked to see them on the 21st. Anyone know if any other bands are opening, or is it just Aquabats/RBF? Seems like a small show if that is the case, but I can't find anywhere that names other bands.

edit: NEVERMIND!
11/03 – San Diego, CA – House of Blues *
11/04 – West Hollywood, CA – House of Blues *
11/06 – San Luis Obispo, CA – Vet’s Auditorium *
11/07 – Las Vegas, NV – House of Blues *
11/09 – Salt Lake City, UT – In The Venue +
11/10 – Denver, CO – Ogden Theatre +
11/12 – Kansas City, MO – The Beaumont Club +
11/13 – Omaha, NE – Sokol Auditorium +
11/14 – St Louis, MO – The Pageant +
11/15 – Chicago, IL – House of Blues +
11/16 – Cleveland, OH – House of Blues +
11/17 – New York, NY – Irving Plaza +
11/18 – Sayreville, NJ – Starland Ballroom +
11/19 – Baltimore, MD – Rams Head Live +
11/20 – Philadelphia, PA – Theatre of Living Arts +
11/21 – Boston, MA – House of Blues +
11/22 – Washington, D.C. – 9:30 Club +

* with Goldfinger
+ with The Aquabats, Suburban Legends and Koo Koo Kanga Roo

Wooo Suburban Legends!

Fateo McMurray fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Nov 8, 2010

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Ffffuck. Two days until I see LTJ in Bristol and I go and get glandular fever. :smith:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Wait so who's the headliner for RBF/Aquabats? It better loving be the Aquabats or I'm gonna be pissed as all hell.

FateoMcSkippy posted:

11/17 – New York, NY – Irving Plaza +
11/20 – Philadelphia, PA – Theatre of Living Arts +

going to both of these :rock:

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

FateoMcSkippy posted:

Throwdown tie, PURCHASED

Is it December yet?

Which Throwdown shows you going to?

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Wait so who's the headliner for RBF/Aquabats? It better loving be the Aquabats or I'm gonna be pissed as all hell.

Prepare to be pissed, RBF draws a way bigger crowd than the Aquabats.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

The Radio Down EP is out! You could buy it through iTunes or ShockHound http://www.shockhound.com/albums/712588-the-aquabats-mp3s-radio-down-

SH has it for $2!

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Amazon MP3 has it too, $2.29 (approximately though not exactly the same as iTunes' $2.49).

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Schiavona posted:

Which Throwdown shows you going to?

All of them.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Josh Wow posted:

When they did the free show at SUNY Oswego this fall, the entire quad was packed

It was crazy

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.

Josh Wow posted:

Be prepared to be pissed cause the Aquabats are terrible now a days :smith:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Man you shut up Best Day is stupid fun

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

aricoarena posted:

Be prepared to be pissed cause the Aquabats are terrible now a days :smith:

Look at this guy. Look at him. Look at how wrong he is.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
Oh my god LTJ is opening for the Bosstones on the 28th

I need to go change my pants

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Openers for the Bosstones shows
12/26 FUs, We Are the Union
12/27 H2O, The Flatliners
12/28 Less Than Jake, DYS

WATU, H20, Flatliners, LTJ. Goddamn.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Derpes Simplex posted:

Oh my god LTJ is opening for the Bosstones on the 28th

I need to go change my pants

Totally called it

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

FateoMcSkippy posted:

holy poo poo

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FateoMcSkippy posted:

The horrendously filthy things I would do to see WATU are just innumberable. I don't give a poo poo about Flatliners, they opened when I saw Bosstones this summer, and I'm seeing LTJ this winter anyway. That one date though. That one date. gently caress.

vinnie1023
Sep 27, 2002

Coping with unoriginality since 1998.

Dickeye posted:

I even love Moment of Silence, and that's basically the only Streetlight song I don't like

How can you dislike A Moment of Silence? It's slow, sure, but it also creates a slow build to A Moment of Violence, which is awesome. Maybe I'm just a sucker for a slow build. If there's one song on that album that irrationally rubs me the wrong way it's The Saddest Song. It just feels off for some reason.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
RBF tomorrow with the Aquabats. First time seeing the Aquabats and like the 10th time seeing RBF. :woop:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

vinnie1023 posted:

How can you dislike A Moment of Silence? It's slow, sure, but it also creates a slow build to A Moment of Violence, which is awesome. Maybe I'm just a sucker for a slow build. If there's one song on that album that irrationally rubs me the wrong way it's The Saddest Song. It just feels off for some reason.

But that's the best song on the album!

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Aquabats ruled. My heart skipped a beat when they threw the child into the crowd to crowd surf though.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Is anyone from here seeing Bomb the Music Industry in London tomorrow night?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Ska news! If any of you are members of the Ska is Dead 7" of the month club, I just got my first records yesterday!

Big D ("Not Our Fault" and "Lash Out")/Brunt of It ("Nah Nah Nah" and "Art School Dropout") 7"

Mustard Plug ("Aye Aye Aye")/The Beatdown ("Piece of Mind") 7"

CptAwesome
Nov 2, 2005

Saw Less Than Jake at Manchester last night, with Zebrahead and We are the Union supporting. Anyone else catch it?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

RBF was pretty much run of the mill RBF but they actually had energy that I haven't seen them have since like '05 and they played loving 241 and Snoop Dogg for the first time in like a goddamn decade. Seriously, I've been seeing them since like 2000 and haven't ever heard 241 and maybe Snoop Dogg once.

Aaron forgot the bridge to The Set Up and they just stopped the song halfway through and it was loving sad. But of course they jumped right into Beer and everybody didn't care and I thought that was sadder.

Aquabats on the other hand

WERE loving AWESOME but what the gently caress else is new? I love Aquabats shows because they make you feel like a loving kid and it's awesome.

But on the other side of that coin, they make you realize how loving soon you get too old for ska shows :gonk:

Suburban was pretty good and their new stuff doesn't sound too terrible.

Also, everyone go find Koo Koo Kanga Roo right now because they loving rule.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Aquabats shows always make me feel old. :(

Never too old for ska-core though

Sneaksie Taffer
Sep 21, 2009

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Also, everyone go find Koo Koo Kanga Roo right now because they loving rule.

They work wonderfully as an opener for the Aquabats. The two combined make for some stupid fun, dancing and singing in a venue filled with friends. However, their strength is in their live-show, so don't expect too much from their mp3s.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

The songs are awesome if you've seen them already, but yeah, I wouldn't expect to be too wowed if you just went to their site and downloaded all their stuff.

I actually met them after the show and ended up hanging out with them until way after when people without passes were supposed to leave. I talked with them about being Vikings fans because they're from Minny and we had a nice big group cry :cry:

They were pretty awesome dudes and the DJ hooked me up with some info on his blues band that's coming through NYC in March.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 18, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

HOLY poo poo

Asian Man Records Newsletter posted:

Ok….. SO….. ASIAN MAN turns 15 next year. Shoooootzzzz.. . that’s a long time I’ve been doing this. Even though it feels like I just started this recently. Anyways, I guess that’s a good thing that it still feels fresh.

So what does this mean? Well, here’s what I have planned.
On June 16th, 17th, and 18th we’ll take over two clubs in San Francisco, California. THE BOTTOM OF THE HILL and THE PARKSIDE. Both clubs are located on 17th street and only a 5 minute walk apart.

We will have shows going simultaneously at both venues on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. We’ll do the wristband option for the whole weekend so you can bounce back and forth to both clubs and we’ll also sell individual tickets to each show.

I am trying to get every single band that ever put a release out on asian man to participate. And yes, I realize that will be impossible, but I’m going try and pull some miracles. Wish me luck. I’m excited to say so far I’ve gotten MU330 to commit to doing this and also the almighty SLOW GHERKIN. But yeah, I’m seriously going after some bands that you will freak out if they commit.

These are small clubs too. Both are only around 350 capacity spaces, so we’ll have a great atmosphere for every show. And it will be in the best city in the whole wide world. SAN FRANCISCO!!! YAY!!!

Basically, I’ve just started contacting bands, but I expect at least 50 bands. Each week I’ll update the bands confirmed to play, but yeah.. just wanted to get the word out there and I’ll keep you posted on all the goodness to come.
Be well.
Peace, mike park

And from the Asian Man facebook page: "here are some more bands that have confirmed: THE QUEERS, THE APERS, SHINOBU, THE HOT TODDIES, THE WILD, MONKEY, and many more coming".

I will be at these shows come hell or high water.