Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

CharlesWillisMaddox posted:

A line I loved from the new Sick & Wrong

WARNING, INSENSITIVE RACIAL JOKE if you get offended easily please do not read the following.

Dee(A jew) telling a story from work: It's weird for two reasons, one it involves someone who is superior to me.
Lance: An Aryan?

That's a very funny joke, and now you're just being silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

WARNING, INSENSITIVE RACIAL JOKE if you get offended easily please do not read the following.

Dee(A jew) telling a story from work: It's weird for two reasons, one it involves someone who is superior to me.
It's a bit sad when you have to walk on eggshells to even mention a racial joke on the "Something Awful" forums.

Also, on the subject of WTF, I noticed that my enjoyment of it is almost entirely dependent on how much I like the guest. I loved the episodes with Patrice O'Neal, Jim Norton, Louis CK, and Bill Burr, but I had a hard time sitting through some of the other ones. Maron is really hit or miss with me, but I do like his honesty about himself.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Cromulent posted:

It's a bit sad when you have to walk on eggshells to even mention a racial joke on the "Something Awful" forums.

You don't; that guy's just so proud of how loving ~EDGY~ his favorite podcast is. Ugh.

KillRoy
Dec 28, 2004
I many not go down in history but I'll go down on you sister.

Lance is awesome. I think it was two episodes or so ago when they did a story about some guy named Joe Pannana getting cut open and disembowled.

Dee: So the killer took his knife and cut Pannana open across his belly...
Lance: So he was trying to make a Pannana Split?

:rimshot:

Gooch
Oct 30, 2006

Yeah, I don't think I'll check out that pcast. The title sends up a flag. Kinda like how Mencia always used to tell people how edgy he is. Then that panana joke just sealed the deal.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
They're trying too hard.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Gooch posted:

Yeah, I don't think I'll check out that pcast. The title sends up a flag. Kinda like how Mencia always used to tell people how edgy he is. Then that panana joke just sealed the deal.

Yeah, it just seems like corny offensive gags served up in slow pitch softballs. The website is strictly NSFW and full of super offensive imagery.

:nws: http://www.sickandwrongpodcast.com/SWLOLchrists/SWLOLchrists.htm :nws:

Priceless comedy gems...

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Those are some awesome image macros
Also some pretty sweet photoshops on the photos page

It's almost like these guys are trying to shock people the way DJs at some kind of radio show might, mayhaps one that runs in the morning and has a wacky "zoo"-like format?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I used to listen to Sick and Wrong. It's also a great idea for a podcast, but the hosts are loving idiots. If they were more likeable I'd still be listening to it. It sounds weird, but the belching into the microphone every episode turned me off too.

I do urge people to give it a try though despite my issues. The guys do have chemistry, and if you can gel with that then you got hours of quality programming ahead (They do happen to dig up some hosed up stories). Posting lines from the show isn't a fair reflection on how they're delivered.

Yes I just dismissed and stuck up for a show at the same time.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

DrVenkman posted:

I used to listen to Sick and Wrong. It's also a great idea for a podcast, but the hosts are loving idiots. If they were more likeable I'd still be listening to it. It sounds weird, but the belching into the microphone every episode turned me off too.

I do urge people to give it a try though despite my issues. The guys do have chemistry, and if you can gel with that then you got hours of quality programming ahead (They do happen to dig up some hosed up stories). Posting lines from the show isn't a fair reflection on how they're delivered.

Yes I just dismissed and stuck up for a show at the same time.

They stopped burping in to the mics in like episode 50, but yes, Dee is a complete idiot, but Lance is hilarious. I love the show, better then that CDR and Red Bar poo poo.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

King Lou posted:

:nws: http://www.sickandwrongpodcast.com/SWLOLchrists/SWLOLchrists.htm :nws:

Priceless comedy gems...

I'm usually open minded to comedy and peoples opinions on comedy, but just seeing this makes me think...

Song For The Deaf posted:

They're trying too hard.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
And I say that as someone who, in general, tries pretty hard on my podcasts.

I just hope it's not terribly apparent.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

No you don't get it, these are the "indie guys who are doing it much better", especially better than all those lovely celebrities and their morning zoos, did I mention how much I hate them yet? No way those guys could bring you in your face comedy like this

Edgy as gently caress, watch out you don't get cut!

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

They stopped burping in to the mics in like episode 50, but yes, Dee is a complete idiot, but Lance is hilarious. I love the show, better then that CDR and Red Bar poo poo.

Man did Scott Aukerman screw your girlfriend or something?

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy

They stopped burping in to the mics in like episode 50,

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've read. Why would they think that was a good idea, and how does it take 50 episodes to stop?

nah
Mar 16, 2009

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Those are some awesome image macros
Also some pretty sweet photoshops on the photos page

It's almost like these guys are trying to shock people the way DJs at some kind of radio show might, mayhaps one that runs in the morning and has a wacky "zoo"-like format?

Heh, look at this PC human being. Can't handle some edge bro? What, don't like to hear guys tell it like it is?

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

What happens when people stop talking comedy podcasts and start getting real? Whoa...

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
My buddy and I recorded our first Podcast a few weeks ago. We sorta had to make due with the equipment I had, so the audio isn't great (I've since invested in a decent Shure microphone for subsequent recording sessions) and the first five or so minutes are admittedly pretty shaky, since we had to sort of find our tone, but response has been generally positive so far, and it might not hurt to post it here for your consumption / enjoyment / derision.

The Porchin' It Podcast!
http://progressiveboink.com/index.php?/archive/the-porchin-it-podcast-1/

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

There's no way this isn't a troll. J'accuse!

The 47 Reagans
Mar 14, 2010
Hey, a bunch of new posts in the comedy podcast thread, maybe there's something really exciting and interesting going on OH GODDAMMIT

So, anyone listening to the new Nerdist? Matt Smith (the Eleventh Doctor) is on and there's some great continuity and jacket discussion going on.

Majorian posted:

There's no way this isn't a troll. J'accuse!

I have some bad news for you...

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
So what is the Leonard Maltin game?

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Admiral Goodenough posted:

So what is the Leonard Maltin game?

Basically Doug picks a genre of movie that has been reviewed by Leonard Maltin and asks people to guess the movie by how many cast members names they need to identify it. The players make bids on how many names, in reverse order of billing, they need to guess properly. If they are super confident they bid negative names and have to name movie as well as the cast themselves.

Then there is the Most Dangerous Leonard Maltin Game. Thats when Leonard Maltin sets you free in the woods and hunts you for sport.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

It's weird how much gold can come out of the Leonard Maltin Game or the Would You Rather? on CDR.

Also, Adam Scott is amazing.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

The 47 Reagans posted:

So, anyone listening to the new Nerdist? Matt Smith (the Eleventh Doctor) is on and there's some great continuity and jacket discussion going on.

I haven't listened to it yet, but I hope Chris talks about his chin again.:haw:

edit: Matt Smith's chin, not Hardwick's own. And he didn't, but it was still a great interview, and Matt Smith is extremely likable.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 22, 2010

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

bananasinpajamas posted:

It's weird how much gold can come out of the Leonard Maltin Game or the Would You Rather? on CDR.

Also, Adam Scott is amazing.

If the game were entirely based on skill, the Tournament of Championships would have been him, Edgar Wright, and then, I dunno, maybe patton oswalt? I forget if Pardo was any good.

But yes, those games can get really insane. I heard the one yesterday where Doug went crazy because one of the guests (might have been one of the Nerdist guys?) let the other have "A 1980 Stephen King adaptation" will all 7 names. Come on!

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
The best thing about the Leonard Maltin Game is Doug's clues that make the questions harder.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Strange Matter posted:

The best thing about the Leonard Maltin Game is Doug's clues that make the questions harder.

And... uh... there were people in it...

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

big business sloth posted:

I heard the one yesterday where Doug went crazy because one of the guests (might have been one of the Nerdist guys?) let the other have "A 1980 Stephen King adaptation" will all 7 names. Come on!

The seventh name was Hedge-Maze!

The 47 Reagans
Mar 14, 2010

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

The seventh name was Hedge-Maze!

HE WOULD'VE GOTTEN IT AT SCATMAN CROTHERS!

I think the only other time they've had that happen was the Jon Dore/Jon Dore's GF episode, where they went 13 for 13 and still didn't get it ("Superman Returns")

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

The 47 Reagans posted:

HE WOULD'VE GOTTEN IT AT SCATMAN CROTHERS!

I think the only other time they've had that happen was the Jon Dore/Jon Dore's GF episode, where they went 13 for 13 and still didn't get it ("Superman Returns")

I'm not at all smart when it comes to film, but when I know the movie before the guests it makes my day.

Also, Doug really likes picking "It's Complicated" for every category where it would fit.

Nadine Hauklund
May 17, 2002

A boy's best friend is his mother.
It was so cool to see Walking With Michelle listed in this thread, mostly because Michelle is my sister and she puts together pretty awesome podcast. When she gets back to the States, she's hoping to make an editor change so she can produce one every month or so. I know one's at the editor right now, so if you subscribe, keep an eye out for it.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Cake Boss is triumphant. This had better be addressed on the Pod F. Tompcast or CDR.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

I'm not at all smart when it comes to film, but when I know the movie before the guests it makes my day.

Also, Doug really likes picking "It's Complicated" for every category where it would fit.

He's a fan of Foul Play too.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

CDR Thanksgiving episode is up! Todd Barry is always great and also I saw this:

quote:

We are thankful for the band Don't Stop or We'll Die and proud that they chose CDR Radio to world-premiere their newest single.
This should be good, these guys are awesome.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I wasn't crazy about them until they got Scott to sing Castle on a Cloud.

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008
I love The Best Show so much.

Spike: I want to talk about the groping.
Tom: Ok.
Spike: At the airport.
Tom: What, did they catch you?

I can't explain it, but it is the one thing I can not miss no matter what.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

RightClickSaveAs posted:

CDR Thanksgiving episode is up! Todd Barry is always great and also I saw this:
This should be good, these guys are awesome.

I really enjoyed how put out Todd Barry was. I mean he always comes across that way but he seemed really annoyed by the two other guests. Sometimes I get annoyed when the guests are begging for the show to be over but for some reason Todd's reaction to the other guys not so awesome improv was perfect.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

SansWetware posted:

I love The Best Show so much.

Spike: I want to talk about the groping.
Tom: Ok.
Spike: At the airport.
Tom: What, did they catch you?

I can't explain it, but it is the one thing I can not miss no matter what.

Can you imagine if Spike accepted to be in the studio with Tom?

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?
Anyone else re-up for season 8 of Never Not Funny? I just did mine, going with the video this season because of how much I enjoyed the ton of clips back when monkeygolucky was still around ;(

Speaking of which, I finally finished listening to the backlog and it's like a whole different show without Andrew. Even though I started listening to season 7 before going through the backlog, the show has an entirely different chemistry without Andrew there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Reupped for sure. It was kind of sad working through the backlog up to the middle of season 6, especially forwards from the episode where Andrew asked to give up his mic.

Still, NNF is my go-to podcast - very consistent, with considerable upside for particular guests.

• Locked thread