Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Yakattak posted:

maybe, but it looks kinda dumb if you axe me

yakattak has bad taste? im shocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
birds are loving awful and disgusting though, plus they live forever

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
not all dog owners are white trash but all pit owners are white trash

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

got dat wmd posted:

i had [..] a snake

and absolutely no one is surprised

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
i'd totally get a pair of tarantulas too but they're extremely fragile. like if one drops more than 5 inches all its internal organs rupture :(

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

got dat wmd posted:

i'd totally get a pair of tarantulas too but they're extremely fragile. like if one drops more than 5 inches all its internal organs rupture :(

good

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
As someone who has worked in a pet store let me tell you that Fish/Birds are a super expensive addiction and really not worth it.

Burf im a fuckwit let me spend £600 on a parrot

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Keeping a snake as a pet is loving weird as poo poo but snakes own, I've hung out with them a few times and I love them, they feel really nice :3:

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
seriously, snakes are therapeutic as hell if you're stressed. i used to bring mine to the office and let him coil around my forearm as i worked

next boa i get i want to put clear hamster tubing around the corners and up on the ceiling of my place so it can explore

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Kirk posted:

Regular Person Tier:
Cats
Dogs
Fish
Birds

no way dude people who have birds are fuckin weird, especially if they let the birds fly around the house and land on peoples hands and poo poo

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Nikolai Fuckharin posted:

As someone who has worked in a pet store let me tell you that Fish/Birds are a super expensive addiction and really not worth it.

Burf im a fuckwit let me spend £600 on a parrot

Parrots are pretty cool too. In Australia wild parrots will just come hang out with you, land on your shoulder etc. They're really smart and playful with lots of character

In my opinion they're basically impossible to keep as pets though. Your only option would be just to let them free and hope like hell they come back to see you every day or two

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

Cidrick posted:

no way dude people who have birds are fuckin weird, especially if they let the birds fly around the house and land on peoples hands and poo poo

yeah this is really weird

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Cidrick posted:

oh man, those peopel who just turn their entire house into a big loving birdhouse are gross as hell, a girl at one of my old jobs did that, G-R-O-S-S

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Yeah the birds poo poo everywhere and tear everything up into little pieces, plus they just stink anyway poo poo or no

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
birds never shut up either, back when i had a roommate he had a parakeet and the thing wouldn't stop chirping all drat day it was like living with a nextel

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

MY GIRLFRIEND used to have a snake when she was a kid but thats because she was like 10 and caught it in the yard

adults who have giant pythons and poo poo are fucken weird

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

Cidrick posted:

well yeah but then people who just let their dogs endlessly poo poo in their tiny back yard without ever cleaning it up are also white trash

i didnt want to complicate the tiers you mook

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss
>:3

only good snake is a dead snake

Skip Protection
Nov 2, 2010

Executives
Executives
Executives
Quoting from page 251

Kirk posted:

Rub On Yo Kitties

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

My step-brother was bitching to me about my sister (she's nuts) and he said something like "Their dog shits so much and they never clean it up! Last time I was there there were 89 shits in the backyard!", and I thought ok lol I guess

Then he pulls out his iphone and he had carefully photographed and documented the shits to prove it to me

my family :ughh:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Gentle Autist posted:

Then he pulls out his iphone and he had carefully photographed and documented the shits to prove it to me

where did you get a photo of my postin ... oh!

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

rotor posted:

where did you get a photo of my postin ... oh!

a poster who burn he self...a shameful poster

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

a poster who burn he self...a shameful poster

no you clod, that was supposed to be what Gentle Autist said, good lord man, get with it

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

rotor posted:

no you clod, that was supposed to be what Gentle Autist said, good lord man, get with it

well the quote's attributed to you, so that's all i need to know :colbert:

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

Yakattak posted:

only good snake is a dead snake

Only two things to do with snake.

shoot it

hit it in head with boat paddle

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

put it in some bitch :smug:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

well the quote's attributed to you, so that's all i need to know :colbert:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

relative_q posted:

MY GIRLFRIEND used to have a snake when she was a kid but thats because she was like 10 and caught it in the yard

adults who have giant pythons and poo poo are fucken weird

The snake is the most phallic pet and snake owners demand that you recognize this *wink wink*.

Bird people make me think of old ladies mostly, but fish people are chill as gently caress and probably just want you to smoke a bowl with them and look at they fish. Plus fish are pretty entertaining for cattes.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

LamoTheKid posted:

This is Boots, he's great. Apparently he's been pressing the base of his tail where it meets his back against warm car tailpipes now that the weather is getting cold (the hair there is light grey and kind of burnt). He's getting weird in his old age. Still playful though.

cats like dat flannel

Janin posted:

awwww :3:

rotor posted:

haha

Kirk posted:

Regular Person Tier:
Cats
Dogs
Fish
Birds
rabbits

Sort of Weird but w/e Tier:
Ferrets
Lizards
A lot of fish, like maybe multiple tanks

Ugh don't have kids Tier:
Snakes
Spiders

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

every person I have met who are really into snakes, reptiles or amphibians are either tattooed and pierced heavy metal fans, severe spergers or both. they usually have parts of their house converted into rooms containing nothing but tanks and terrariums.

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

fork bomb posted:

cats like dat flannel

awwww :3:

haha

Rabbits are pro-tier, birds are not. Hth.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

Kirk posted:

Regular Person Tier:
Cats
Dogs
Fish
Birds

Sort of Weird but w/e Tier:
Ferrets
Lizards
A lot of fish, like maybe multiple tanks
Birds that are allowed to fly around the house and just poo poo wherever
Rabbits
Mice & Gerbils. come on now.

Ugh don't have kids Tier:
Snakes
Spiders
Mice & Gerbils for the purpose of feeding your snake

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Sorry, birds own they're just crazy and need way too much care for the average person who thinks owning a bird is cool.

HKR fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 23, 2010

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
well poo poo like a parrot yea but what about a little budgie. twarn't more work than a cat & litterbox

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT
Oct 12, 2008

this is what happens when you take UI design away from engineers and give it to a bunch of hipster art student "designers"
for birds it really depends on the species

parrots, parakeets, owls: ok
pigeons, seagulls: not ok

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss
>:3

pet all cattes, buns and dogges

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I used to have a pet rat.