Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Jonny 290 posted:

snype

good for picking off the neighbor's pets

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

Jonny 290 posted:

snype

Shoote all cattes? :ohdear:

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
imdb, lol

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

imdb, lol

this will come in handy, thanks

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
A Dutch matron establishes and, for several generations, oversees a close-knit, matriarchal community where feminism and liberalism thrive.

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

I have zero interest in marriage.

Gentle Autist posted:

this will come in handy, thanks

trap entered.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

imdb, lol

Three handicapped losers who form a band ask famous writer Dries to be their drummer. He joins the band and starts manipulating them.

tripwire
Nov 19, 2004

ghost flow

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

imdb, lol

lol

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.
hahaha yesss

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycnus

quote:

In Greek mythology, four people were known as Cycnus or Cygnus. Most of them ended up being transformed into swans.

[...]

Cycnus the swan
Cycnus was the son of Apollo. He was handsome but a cruel and mean individual. Soon, he had only one friend, who finally got fed up with Cycnus and killed him. Apollo turned him into a swan.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

imdb, lol

this looks like the kind of thing i want to have in my works browser history

necroid
May 14, 2009

yikes, a friend of mine told me to watch happiness just a few days ago

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

necroid posted:

yikes, a friend of mine told me to watch happiness just a few days ago

ask him why he wants you to watch what IMDb considers the best Child Rape/Dysfunctional Family/Suicide comedy movie

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

ask him why he wants you to watch what IMDb considers the best Child Rape/Dysfunctional Family/Suicide comedy movie

happiness is actually not that great of a movie it's just shocking and has the "correct" indie aesthetic and actors

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Mightaswell posted:

happiness is actually not that great of a movie it's just shocking and has the "correct" indie aesthetic and actors

no its good

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

Mightaswell posted:

mlyp

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Happiness is a good film, and very funny. just not the kind of funny that makes you laugh.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Jets_players

rex ryan is fat and cries

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_eighteenth-century_British_periodicals

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Kirk posted:

lol :nws:

i wonder what Kartika has to say about this :nws: http://imgur.com/yFRZD.jpg

necroid
May 14, 2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slender_Man

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

References

1. ^ http://knowyourmeme.com

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

thats cool

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
The 2004 film Finding Neverland used a Great Pyrenees to represent J.M. Barrie's Landseer Newfoundland dog.
The Spanish designer Javier Mariscal was inspired by this dog breed for the design of the 1992 Summer Olympics mascot "Cobi".
In Hanazakarino Kimitachihe, the male lead had a Great Pyrenees named "Yu Ci Lan" for a pet.
In the television series, King of Queens, a Great Pyrenees is a recurring customer of Holly the dog walker.
The Japanese series Ginga Densetsu Weed features a Great Pyrenees named Hiro, who is nicknamed the "ball snatcher", due to his signature attack of neutering his opponents.
In the film Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines (1965), a Great Pyrenees is the household dog at the Lord Rawnsley estate.
In the Marx Brothers' Horse Feathers a Great Pyrenees appears in the dog catcher's wagon.
In the Korean variety show Happy Sunday - 1 Night 2 Days, Sang Geun is a Great Pyrenees.
A popular Korean singer, Hero Jaejoong from TVXQ owns a Great Pyrenees named Vick.
In the 2009 Disney movie Santa Buddies, a Great Pyrenees puppy named Puppy Paws is the leading character.
In the Jim Carrey movie Dumb and Dumber a Great Pyrenees appears in the dog-mobile.
In the manga/anime Fullmetal Alchemist the dog Alexander is a Great Pyrenees
Webcomic artist Jeph Jacques owns a Great Pyrenees named Shelby, who has appeared in his webcomic Questionable Content on occasion.
In the anime and manga Azumanga Daioh, Chiyo Mihama owns one of these dogs named Tadakichi-san (Mr Tadakichi in the English anime).
Akamaru from Naruto appears to be based off of this breed

What a great way to find notable dogs of this dog breed, loving japanese cartoons

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

got dat wmd posted:

Tadakichi-san (Mr Tadakichi in the English anime).
'In case, you know, you cared or anything. :smug:'

*drops more duplicate information in articles*

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

got dat wmd posted:

The Japanese series Ginga Densetsu Weed features a Great Pyrenees named Hiro, who is nicknamed the "ball snatcher", due to his signature attack of neutering his opponents.

lol

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

got dat wmd posted:

yospos: nicknamed the "ball snatcher",

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

got dat wmd posted:

The 2004 film Finding Neverland used a Great Pyrenees to represent J.M. Barrie's Landseer Newfoundland dog.
The Spanish designer Javier Mariscal was inspired by this dog breed for the design of the 1992 Summer Olympics mascot "Cobi".
In Hanazakarino Kimitachihe, the male lead had a Great Pyrenees named "Yu Ci Lan" for a pet.
In the television series, King of Queens, a Great Pyrenees is a recurring customer of Holly the dog walker.
In the film Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines (1965), a Great Pyrenees is the household dog at the Lord Rawnsley estate.
In the Marx Brothers' Horse Feathers a Great Pyrenees appears in the dog catcher's wagon.
In the Korean variety show Happy Sunday - 1 Night 2 Days, Sang Geun is a Great Pyrenees.
A popular Korean singer, Hero Jaejoong from TVXQ owns a Great Pyrenees named Vick.
In the 2009 Disney movie Santa Buddies, a Great Pyrenees puppy named Puppy Paws is the leading character.
In the Jim Carrey movie Dumb and Dumber a Great Pyrenees appears in the dog-mobile.
In the manga/anime Fullmetal Alchemist the dog Alexander is a Great Pyrenees
Webcomic artist Jeph Jacques owns a Great Pyrenees named Shelby, who has appeared in his webcomic Questionable Content on occasion.
In the anime and manga Azumanga Daioh, Chiyo Mihama owns one of these dogs named Tadakichi-san (Mr Tadakichi in the English anime).
Akamaru from Naruto appears to be based off of this breed

What a great way to find notable dogs of this dog breed, loving japanese cartoons

I like that TV Tropes has section for each sort of media for each trope so "Animu" can be expanded or (and here's the important part) not expanded.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
Ginga Densetsu Weed

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
I think that means Legendary Weed in japanese

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

fishmech posted:

I think that means Legendary Weed (クロノ・トリガー Gingura Densetesu Weedu) in japanese

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
i just looked up what the hell that was and it's some furry thing about dogs that are probably the worst drawn poo poo ever and no sign of weeds

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

There is even a Latin Wikipedia[39], although discussions are held mostly in English rather than Latin, thus raising doubt about the contributors' linguistic competence in Latin. More than half of the articles are mere stubs[40], and their Latin is often tagged for its dubious quality[41].

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Luigi Thirty posted:

There is even a Latin Wikipedia[39], although discussions are held mostly in English rather than Latin, thus raising doubt about the contributors' linguistic competence in Latin. More than half of the articles are mere stubs[40], and their Latin is often tagged for its dubious quality[41].

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Lamont Cranston posted:

more like Abortionem

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
Anime (-is, n.) (Anglice: Animation ; Iaponice: アニメ) est abbreviatio verbi Anglici animation quod animatio significens. Extra Iaponiam illud vulgo demonstrat animatio ex Iaponia.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
أنمى(アニメ؟، مأخوذ من النصف الأول للنطق اليابانى لكلمة "animation", تلفظ [anime] استمع (؟\معلومات) في الإنجليزية تلفظ [ˈænɪmeɪ] أو /ˈænɪmə/) هو الرسوم المتحركة في اليابان. أما باقي دول العالم فتنظر إلى الأنيمي على أنه الرسوم المتحركة اليابانية.[1] ولقد نشأ الأنيمي عام 1917 تقريبًا.[2][2][وصلة مكسورة]
في الواقع، تحظى الأنيمي، مثلها في ذلك مثل المانجا (عبارة عن رسوم مصورة هزلية يابانية)، بشعبية كبيرة في اليابان وشهرة واسعة في جميع أنحاء العالم. ويقوم الموزعون عرض الأنيمي عبر التليفزيون أو على شرائط فيديو مباشرةً أو على المسرح وكذلك على شبكة الإنترنت.
ومن أنواع الأنيمي تلك التي يتم رسمها باليد وكذلك المصممة على الكمبيوتر. ويُعرض الأنيمي في شكل مسلسلات تليفزيونية وأفلام وفيديو وألعاب فيديو وإعلانات ومواد تُنشر على الإنترنت. وجميع هذه الوسائل تمثل معظم، إذا لم يكن كل، أنواع الخيال.

wow it's even left justified

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
also it's been a while since i've taken latin but "Amabo te lege" seems like a strange way to translate "Please read" i mean a direct translation would seem to be "I will love you; read." it seems like you should use a form of "volo" like "velim legas" or something

Lamont Cranston fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Dec 2, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

jimbo eunt domus