Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

Chris Knight posted:

You could always try online. I know Amazon has it.

Oh I'll find it, I was just pissed cause I had a whole bunch of TRU coupons I'd been saving up for christmas shopping. I coulda gotten it for free!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Katana Gomai posted:

Don't wanna give it away here but I can't PM you. Post any messenger handle and we can talk about it.

E: Removed.

Ika fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Nov 21, 2010

crooked zoobies
Feb 15, 2009
This is my ship, I felt my painting below would transfer well... it was really hard but I'm getting there, the engines don't connect because I couldn't find orange hinges :ohdear:

Its supposed to be this, how am I doing?

Click here for the full 1050x600 image.

Sair
May 11, 2007

AA is for Quitters posted:

So there are some real lego assholes at my local TRU. They had like 4-5 of the "lego star wars" books that come with 2 minifigs and 250pc to build a few different things, and it's a whole bunch of info on lego star wars. And it was the perfect gift for my nephew.

I've seen them in Barnes and Noble too.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007

AA is for Quitters posted:

So there are some real lego assholes at my local TRU. They had like 4-5 of the "lego star wars" books that come with 2 minifigs and 250pc to build a few different things, and it's a whole bunch of info on lego star wars. And it was the perfect gift for my nephew.

I hadn't heard of this, it sounds awesome. Does anyone have a link to it?

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

Dr. Platypus posted:

I hadn't heard of this, it sounds awesome. Does anyone have a link to it?

Lego Brickmaster: Star Wars

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007

rockinricky posted:

Not quite as cool as I imagined, but that still looks really nice.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I couldn't find any minifigs at Toys R Us, but Pharaoh's Quest is out! I got three of the scarab sets. They're currently swarming over my desk. :3:

I wish the Anubis warriors came in a set other than the $100 one, though. The mummy warriors are cool and all, but not nearly as cool as those guys.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I couldn't find any minifigs at Toys R Us, but Pharaoh's Quest is out! I got three of the scarab sets. They're currently swarming over my desk. :3:

I wish the Anubis warriors came in a set other than the $100 one, though. The mummy warriors are cool and all, but not nearly as cool as those guys.
I dig the Pharaoh's Quest sets (and bought two of them) because the main protagonist and the mechanic guy have good torsos for my Western setup. That's right, I'm just in it for the figs.

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!
I told myself I wasn't going to collect those minifig series, I am so weak. I just ordered a series 2 set off ebay for $45 shipped. Now just need to track down the first series for a deal.

Also placed a bricklink order for some train bits to build some rolling stock with.

my poor wallet...

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
One fuckin' huge Lego tree on the way:

Also, I saw exactly two Series 3 Minifigs at Smith's last night, and said what the hell, I'll get them. Took them up to the register and... gently caress off, I'm not paying $3 each.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Carbohydrates posted:

I dig the Pharaoh's Quest sets (and bought two of them) because the main protagonist and the mechanic guy have good torsos for my Western setup. That's right, I'm just in it for the figs.

It is people like you who ruin my attempts to get perfectly good sets on Ebay so I can actually play with them. :mad:

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Tanith posted:

It is people like you who ruin my attempts to get perfectly good sets on Ebay so I can actually play with them. :mad:
Hey, I built the sets! I made the little rhinoceros beetle (it is totally not a scarab) and staff holder deal and admired their design and new parts and such before I tore the figs apart for my own purposes!

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Is it just me or do the new Pharaoh's Quest pieces seem under-priced? Maybe because it's not a licensed product, but the bi-plane set seems like a really good deal (from someone who always wanted but could never justify the Indy plane fight set).

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

"It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either."

Krispy Kareem posted:

Is it just me or do the new Pharaoh's Quest pieces seem under-priced? Maybe because it's not a licensed product, but the bi-plane set seems like a really good deal (from someone who always wanted but could never justify the Indy plane fight set).

Its pretty much generic Indiana Jones with some of The Mummy thrown in and I'm okay with that. Non-licensed means they have more creative freedom and can charge a sane amount with not much chance of scalpers later on down the road.

I'll be hosed if I'm ever going to pay for an $80 Slave I.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I think the world racer line is the only overpriced non-licensed thing. But maybe that is just because the theme isn't very fun to me. It tries to be Mad Max, but fails in my eyes.

edit: Me right now :fap:

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Nov 24, 2010

SubbyMinx
Dec 30, 2009

djfooboo posted:

I think the world racer line is the only overpriced non-licensed thing. But maybe that is just because the theme isn't very fun to me. It tries to be Mad Max, but fails in my eyes.

I'm so so jealous! I keep going down to my local Lego store in Downtown Disney, and seeing the tower bridge on display. I want it sooooo badly. :( Seems I'm just going to have to save up. I have too many things to save up for.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!
The worst part about getting back into Lego as an adult is, you have to pay for it. So being broke sucks. :(

DrunkDalek
May 20, 2003

Drinking beer to make music to drink beer to.

Time Cowboy posted:

The worst part about getting back into Lego as an adult is, you have to pay for it. So being broke sucks. :(

Seriously. Returning to the habit last year during my ~18 months of lotsa unemployment was poo poo.

drivel
Feb 24, 2005
Drivel is what comes forth from your mouth why don't you SHUT THE FUCK UP,Mods?

Nap Ghost

djfooboo posted:

Ahh you beat me. I was just about to post my construction pics of this too.

I've been building it with my 5 year old daughter over the course of two weeks, an hour at a time. We just got to instruction manual 3/3 tonight!

It is awesome, wait until you see some of the crazy construction techniques on the 4th tier and even on the top bridge rails.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I find the worst part is being able to afford too much. Any AFOL sets that come out are auto-buy. Luckily I have no interest in Star Wars or I would be in the poor house for sure.

O God, Brickset says I own 244 sets :shepicide:

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

rockinricky posted:

God drat. We have these, the Pirates and Atlantis ones at my work. They're all $40 though before any discounts which seems absurd. I'd considered the Star Wars one because it comes with ~250 pieces and the figures and I could possibly make it worth it with my discounts, but the other ones are only like ~150 pieces. I knew our stuff was overpriced, but drat.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Krispy Kareem posted:

Say what? That cobra is not worth $30. It's 200-odd pieces. That is like a $24-25 set. The Sphinx is too much too. Mascot and I were guessing the prices of the sets before we found 'em. I guessed $20 for the cobra and $40 for the sphinx. GG.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Phyresis posted:

Say what? That cobra is not worth $30. It's 200-odd pieces. That is like a $24-25 set. The Sphinx is too much too. Mascot and I were guessing the prices of the sets before we found 'em. I guessed $20 for the cobra and $40 for the sphinx. GG.

I guess I was looking at everything from the bi-plane on down. The more expensive sets really didn't interest me. I did get the bi-plane last night and it's a short, but good build. The plane is really well put together.

Jeez, at the TRU last night they had half a rack still dedicated to Prince of Persia. At some point they're going to have to unload that stuff cheap because no one's buying it otherwise.

Testro
May 2, 2009
That photo has just confirmed to me that I absolutely, totally, 100% have to buy Tower Bridge.

I've been behaving and resisting, but you've just tipped me over the edge. It sounds like an amazing build.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

I'm not sure what's more impressive: its size, or the sheer determination the builder had to hoard enough pieces to make it.

Click here for the full 768x1024 image.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

There's some other neat stuff here from the same event: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=452769

Also, a place to worship the Blood God:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=452720

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

InfinEight posted:

I'm not sure what's more impressive: its size, or the sheer determination the builder had to hoard enough pieces to make it.

Click here for the full 768x1024 image.
Hmm. How's the swooshability?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

See, I love the AFOL sets and working at a Lego store I could get them for 50% off, BUT...what do I do with them after I built them? They are too expensive to just collect dust and I don't collect Lego. I am almost considering buying one just to build it, have it sit there a few days, tear it apart and resell it to someone.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Carbohydrates posted:

Hmm. How's the swooshability?

You're going to need a forklift.

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

Well, I was looking at the LEGO Advent calendar again this year for my kid. So I looked it up on Toys R Us' site...

It apparantly includes SANTA NAKED IN THE SHOWER. :psyduck:

Take a look at the picture, zoom in on the minifig on the right. :cry:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4057230

Also, are they only putting out one advent calendar this year?

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Well, I was looking at the LEGO Advent calendar again this year for my kid. So I looked it up on Toys R Us' site...

Yeah, that Santa is... interesting.

There are actually two advent calendars this year, the City one you saw and the Kingdoms one that is normally only sold in Europe. This year LEGO decided to sell it in the US as well, but I guess it has become rather hard to find.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
I've got the Kingdom one. The Bellevue LEGO store had plenty of them, but none of the City one for some reason.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Carbohydrates posted:

I've got the Kingdom one. The Bellevue LEGO store had plenty of them, but none of the City one for some reason.

You're lucky. I should have bought one when I had the chance. I've had no luck the last two visits to the LEGO Store, and now they're being scalped on eBay for ~$65.

At least I have a Green Grocer to keep me company I guess...

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Velvet Sparrow posted:

I think it's pretty clear Santa's wearing a thong.

Which isn't much better.

antiloquax
Feb 23, 2008

by Ozma

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Originally, he was going to be rolled up in the corner, crying, so it's an improvement.

DrunkDalek
May 20, 2003

Drinking beer to make music to drink beer to.
Anyone happen to know if Fred Meyer is getting another round of Series 3 minifigs early?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I finished up a bunch of stuff. If any of you want more detailed shots let me know.

Tiger I

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

A Japanese torpedo bomber (adapted from the Indiana Jones fighter so don't give me too much credit for it).

A pirate ship, WIP I guess, I haven't added a lot of detail to it but I'm setting it aside for a bit.

And a pair of Vic Vipers. When I started the first one I was trying to build a P-38 Lightning :v:

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.
That tiger tank looks awesome dude. Is there any room in it for ze Germanz, though?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
But of course. I wouldn't build a Tiger without space for ze Germans. I didn't have nearly as much space as I did in the Sherman though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

This thread rules. One of these days, I'm gonna have to sink some money into some lego. It reminds me of the good 'ol days, playing with the legos and building some epic space ships. The more computer screens meant the more awesome it was.