Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vuvuzela
Jun 20, 2010

by angerbot
The only thing I hated about loveline was all the crappy cali lovely alternative pop/punk bands that I had never heard of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice

Willsun posted:

No no no, I'm a dude. They took my call about a half hour into the show. My real question was about sexual thought being linked with sneezing. Then I asked Rainn about whether or not he likes Japanese stuff like Dwight does in The Office, in which he corrected me first on how to pronounce "karate" and that aside from liking to eat sushi and getting a certificate for yellow belt in karate when he was a teenager, he's not into it.

Well done sir. This was quite funny.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Vuvuzela posted:

The only thing I hated about loveline was all the crappy cali lovely alternative pop/punk bands that I had never heard of.

Don't ever listen to any episodes from the early 90s or the 80s.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW
Does anyone else hope Adam gets that Australian chick back? She was like the female him and didn't get weirded out by Adams overt, if at times ironic, male chauvinism and sexual harassment. Also she doesn't sound like a goddamn burnout much like the deep voiced chick they've been using occasionally.

I'm listening to todays episode and it sounds like Christy Canyon has as much personality as she does bust :rimshot: Thanks everyone please tip your waitress.

Teepkick Shakur fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Nov 22, 2010

False
Oct 6, 2003
i have friends who will pull magazine models wearing headphones off of trains without even speaking the same language as them. Friends who will show up in a town after hitchhiking cross country for 3 days without showering and pull two girls working
2001-1-29 Anderson Cooper is pretty awesome given the rumors about Cooper. It includes Adam as an oral sex coach, Cooper saying Adam's oral sex pep talk got him hard, and Cooper suggesting a girl try Robitussen to counter her gag reflex. Seems like a cool guy too.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I did the Basic Cable Commentary track for Roadhouse last night and I highly recommend it. Very funny.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war

False posted:

2001-1-29 Anderson Cooper is pretty awesome given the rumors about Cooper. It includes Adam as an oral sex coach, Cooper saying Adam's oral sex pep talk got him hard, and Cooper suggesting a girl try Robitussen to counter her gag reflex. Seems like a cool guy too.

I remember it being kind of awkward when Adam asked if Cooper had a girlfriend.

raccooncityransom
Sep 9, 2010

Willsun posted:

No no no, I'm a dude. They took my call about a half hour into the show. My real question was about sexual thought being linked with sneezing. Then I asked Rainn about whether or not he likes Japanese stuff like Dwight does in The Office, in which he corrected me first on how to pronounce "karate" and that aside from liking to eat sushi and getting a certificate for yellow belt in karate when he was a teenager, he's not into it.

Wow. This is really funny that you've mentioned making that call. I was grabbing a slice of pizza with a buddy at the time and thought that you seemed to be asking Rainn Wilson if he was into anime or something. I pointed to the radio and said "Goon. Guaranteed." Regardless of whether you were hinting towards that or not, I think it was pretty comical that I made that connection.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Is there any woman that was normal after Dr Drews insistence that anyone with a high voice was abused when 3 or whatever?

I think he was projecting.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Holy Cheese posted:

Is there any woman that was normal after Dr Drews insistence that anyone with a high voice was abused when 3 or whatever?

Occasionally exceptions are made for girls of tiny stature or asian background, if I remember correctly.

raccooncityransom
Sep 9, 2010

Holy Cheese posted:

During a show around this time last year, Dr. Drew stated that girls with high voices were often able to have multiple orgasms. I'd like to hear his thoughts on those statements, whether he still considers either to be true, and whether he believes there is a correllation.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I've been addicted to this show for the past week. I watched the TV show casually when it was on, but never had access to the radio show. I've been going through and just listening to random no guest shows, as that definitely has my favorite dynamic.

Chakron
Mar 11, 2009

You're the prime minister of prime rib. WRITE THAT DOWN DREW

Instrumedley
Aug 13, 2009
Don't look at me. Don't look at me! Stop wigglin'. Don't you look at me! Don't you -ough- look at -mmph- me -poop- zzZZzzZZzz

Instrumedley fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 24, 2010

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
Aaaaaa Turkey stood on a backyard fence,
On Thanksgiving Day,
And as he stood there he'd look up,
And this is what he'd say:

"Oh, Oh, Oh,
GOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEBOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLE
I don't like Thanksgiving Day,
Oh, Oh, Oh,
GOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLE
I would like to run away!"

Go turkey.
It's your birthday.
Stick your butt out.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
*Morning Zoo-style gobble*

Vuvuzela
Jun 20, 2010

by angerbot
Anyone else just getting a loop thats Adam going, 'Alright you screwballs, more crappy show after this'

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Vuvuzela posted:

Anyone else just getting a loop thats Adam going, 'Alright you screwballs, more crappy show after this'

Haha, that means my stream is down. I'll try restarting it, but try the new stream at https://www.lovelinestream.com/goonline.html

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
Made the cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving and it went over like gangbusters. Made a whole 12oz. bag, and between 5 people we ate half of it in one sitting. That's like a cup and a half full of cranberry sauce. All agreed it was excellent. If we had a bigger gathering it would have been gone, instead I've got some for leftovers.

And the warm pumpkin pie....

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice
Made my cranberry sauce planning on going over to my families house but then I got called into work. When I arrived several hours later after they ate, I was crushed when I saw that the canned variety had been used. Needless to say, I didn't eat any of it. MY cranberry sauce, Adams recipe, makes a delicious snack after a long night of drinking.

From carolla's twitter

THE ACE MAN posted:

thanks to all who made the cranberry sauce the way mom used to make it. ( not my mom)

i am kiss u now fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Nov 26, 2010

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I made cranberry sauce, but I thought the water looked really skimpy, so I added a 1/4 cup more. Big mistake, I had to drain off alot of the excess. It really came across more like cranberry jam (which I guess it was). Still made an excellent add for any meal, if a bit too sweet for my tastes (should have used maybe 1/8 of a cup instead).

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
Yeah, the water did look like it wouldn't work out. But I put my faith in the American Genius(tm).

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

GIMME YO' SHOES

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
I have been listening to the podcast pretty regularly for a year now, but I don't think I can take anymore.

Adam and Donny arguing every show is getting to be way too much for me. It used to be kinda funny, but Donny is such an idiotic, self-absorbed, combative, lying narcissist that I cannot listen to him and Adam argue anymore. I can't stand him flipping out on Adam for simple things like asking him to write something down, or to move his mini bike wheels and acting like Adam is asking him to rebuild his car in an afternoon or something. The latest show with Dr Drew is the final straw I think.

The only way I'm going to listen anymore is if there's a guest I really want to hear, and I'll skip ahead 5 minutes every time I hear Donny's voice.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Ez posted:

I have been listening to the podcast pretty regularly for a year now, but I don't think I can take anymore.

Adam and Donny arguing every show is getting to be way too much for me. It used to be kinda funny, but Donny is such an idiotic, self-absorbed, combative, lying narcissist that I cannot listen to him and Adam argue anymore. I can't stand him flipping out on Adam for simple things like asking him to write something down, or to move his mini bike wheels and acting like Adam is asking him to rebuild his car in an afternoon or something. The latest show with Dr Drew is the final straw I think.

The only way I'm going to listen anymore is if there's a guest I really want to hear, and I'll skip ahead 5 minutes every time I hear Donny's voice.

This plus the whole "Calling for improved government services just means you're looking for a handout! Take responsibility! Pull yourself up by the bootstraps, you lazy liberals and brown peoples!:downs:" subtext of it all dealt a pretty big blow against the esteem in which I used to hold both Adam and Drew. What a horrible podcast.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Majorian posted:

This plus the whole "Calling for improved government services just means you're looking for a handout! Take responsibility! Pull yourself up by the bootstraps, you lazy liberals and brown peoples!:downs:" subtext of it all dealt a pretty big blow against the esteem in which I used to hold both Adam and Drew. What a horrible podcast.

Totally. Whenever Drew's on the show, I always listen, regardless of anything else. He's one of Adam's best guests because there's no awkward "getting to know you and telling the audience about yourself" bullshit, and rarely any plugs or obvious selling of anything, just two good friends who have great chemistry together talking on a couch. This episode however, was half Donny arguing with Adam about his OUTRAGEOUS request for Donny to jot down a note, and half Adam and Drew bitching about government intervention and things never getting done. Regardless of whether I agree with their points or not (many of them I do) listening to them go back and forth about it for over 40 goddamn minutes was incredibly boring and pointless.

I was really disappointed with this episode. What a disaster.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
OK, I have one of the songs they used as a bumper stuck in my head but I cannot at all identify it. It was an end of show bumper, and isn't Red Hot Chili Peppers' 'Zephyr Song' or 'Clocks' by Coldplay or The Outsider by A Perfect Circle.

It is driving me bonkers. :(

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

"Football with Andrew Breitbart."

Yup - this is the day I unsubscribe. I wish I could say this last year and a half has been fun, Adam, but...

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Arrogant, dumb, meat headed and stubborn. Please disregard and move on.

Majorian posted:

Yup - this is the day I unsubscribe. I wish I could say this last year and a half has been fun, Adam, but...

You're like a broken record

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter

Ez posted:

Adam and Donny arguing every show is getting to be way too much for me.

It would be amusing if it was like The League, or Always Sunny, or any number of other situations where guys sit around and give each other poo poo. The back and forth is funny. The problem with Adam is that if you disagree with him or annoy him, he just starts screaming until the other person shuts up. I think people who are getting tired of the schtick are those who have had to work for someone like that. Does anyone like to be in a restaurant while the manager is yelling at a waitress until she starts crying? No. Why would we want to hear it on a podcast?

The show is still struggling to find its format, and still trying to find a replacement sidekick. I think the one-on-one shows remain the best, like the recent one with Mark McGrath. The "morning zoo" shows just seem to encourage rants, arguments, and retreading the same couple of stories over and over again. When Dr. Drew was on, did we really have to hear the story about the bad studio, and the trenches, and the construction for the umpteenth time?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

TomSellek posted:

You're like a broken record

If I am, it's because he keeps morphing more and more into Glenn Beck minus the Mormonism. But I'm pretty sure it's Adam who's the broken record, and I just happen to be the one who comments on his politics the most.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

benito posted:

I think the one-on-one shows remain the best, like the recent one with Mark McGrath.
This guy's always a great guest.

He was talking about the Jim Breuer thing again on that show, was Jim Breuer only on Loveline the one time? Because I found the one I think he was talking about (2002-09-19) and listened to it, and it doesn't really seem as bad as he was saying. Carolla says he remembers him as just being silent the entire time, but really it seemed more like an average guest night. He wasn't on fire, but he'd jump in and didn't seem to openly be offended at the intro.

That's gotta be both a blessing and a curse, having everything on record for people to go back and pick through like this.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Majorian posted:

If I am, it's because he keeps morphing more and more into Glenn Beck minus the Mormonism. But I'm pretty sure it's Adam who's the broken record, and I just happen to be the one who comments on his politics the most.

Can you provide a quick summation on this episode?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

bananasinpajamas posted:

Can you provide a quick summation on this episode?
Ez said everything I wanted to say. The long rant at the end was basically that everything could be solved by finding motivated people and that government workers aren't motivated and can't do anything right/cheaply.

Ez posted:

This episode however, was half Donny arguing with Adam about his OUTRAGEOUS request for Donny to jot down a note, and half Adam and Drew bitching about government intervention and things never getting done. Regardless of whether I agree with their points or not (many of them I do) listening to them go back and forth about it for over 40 goddamn minutes was incredibly boring and pointless.

I was really disappointed with this episode. What a disaster.

Twobits
Apr 30, 2007
I'm surprised it took you guys this long to hate on Donny. The first time he came out to argue with Dr. Drew about pot, I hated him.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I really miss Teresa.

I haven't listened for a couple weeks because I've been catching up on Comedy Death Ray, and now I have more than a dozen Adam episodes queued up, and I don't want to marathon them. That much Ace Man at once gets kind of grating, and knowing I have 30 minutes of Donny in my future doesn't sweeten the pot.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Majorian posted:

I would normally tell you to stop yer bitching that a comedy show doesn't line up perfectly with your political beliefs, but this time I agree. Inviting a guest like Breitbart on takes it to a whole new level. I'm unsubscribing too.

Luckily I've already found a lot of other podcast content thanks to this and the other podcast thread.

Magnificent Quiver
May 8, 2003

I tried to get a friend into Adam's podcast but the only episode I had was the latest one with Dr. Drew and, welp.

He really wanted to get the episodes with Kevin Nealon but there is literally no archive past 2009 and the official website only holds like the last 15 or so.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

For those of you who don't remember who Andrew Breitbart is, he's this irredeemable sack of poo poo.

edit: And here's the thing - I have no problem with Adam having outspoken conservatives on his show. If it were George Will or Dennis Miller or even Tucker Carlson, I wouldn't have said anything. I probably would have listened, and might have even enjoyed the podcast, because even though I disagree strongly with those three men, they at least seem to be arguing in good faith, and they put some thought into their (misguided) viewpoints. The same can't be said for Breitbart - or Beck or Hannity or Limbaugh, for that matter. So, that's why this is the end of my time with the podcast.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Nov 29, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
*clomp clomp, clomp clomp* neighhh

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/29/dr-drew-pinsky-to-host-new-hln-show/?hpt=T2

CatchrNdRy fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 29, 2010

• Locked thread