Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shchmue
Apr 22, 2010

TheBandOffice posted:

:hfive: fellow Yellow/Blue bleeding worker...

Today's the day of my glorious 8-7 shift. As I am a repair tech, I will be given the awesome duty of working the register for the entirety of the shift :smithicide:
I believe we're in the same boat here. I literally woke up from a nightmare last night about customers furious that their repairs weren't done because we won't be able to work on them at all today.

I can't tell you how many calls I got on Wednesday from people surprised we weren't open Thursday and that I wouldn't recommend bringing anything in for repairs/returns Friday. These of course are additionally the sort of thick people you'd loathe to deal with on the busiest day of the year, let alone any other day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sonic Dude
May 6, 2009

TheBandOffice posted:

This used to happen all the drat time to me. Clients are quoted up front how much the repair will cost, they'd show up, not want to pay, and just leave it there. They would abandon their computer and not pay. Now we don't do any work without payment up front. gently caress stupid people.
We take payment up-front when the cost of the repair exceeds the value of the computer. That, in itself, is a fun conversation to have.

On the plus side, at 90 days the computer becomes ours, and we've gotten 3-4 new repair bench/office computers that way.

Sonic Dude
May 6, 2009
We just got our first voicemail in response to us being closed on Black Friday:
:argh:: "My name is Jackass McGee and my phone number is 123-4567. I need to get my computer fixed. It's Friday. Get back to work!!"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I closed my store on Wednesday (thursday the store is closed for thanksgiving, so this was prepping for Black Friday). I worked a 16 hour shift. I started at 2pm and left the store at six in the morning. We also do this lovely thing on BF where we just keep selling until we're out of stock and the store doesn't close.

So, I close tonight again. I come in at 2 (hour and 20 from now) and I'm pretty confident I'm either going to hit overtime or they're going to boot me out before I can and I'll have the whole weekend off. I am dreading this. I am afraid of what I'm going to see when I come in. I'm afraid of how long I'm going to be there.

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 26, 2010

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

I closed my store on Wednesday (thursday the store is closed for thanksgiving, so this was prepping for Black Friday). I worked a 16 hour shift. I started at 2pm and left the store at six in the morning. We also do this lovely thing on BF where we just keep selling until we're out of stock and the store doesn't close.

So, I close tonight again. I come in at 2 (hour and 20 from now) and I'm pretty confident I'm either going to hit overtime or they're going to boot me out before I can and I'll have the whole weekend off. I am dreading this. I am afraid of what I'm going to see when I come in. I'm afraid of how long I'm going to be there.

You're either going to be rich or have a long weekend. Nothing can possibly go wrong.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Jeeze, there is no way I'm going to complain about my six-hour shift today. 16 loving hours? Goddamn I hope you're getting overtime for that poo poo.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
My deepest sympathies to all of you.
I'm "lucky" to not have a real job right now, I guess.
Though I am working at my old man's butcher shop and deer season starts Monday, so I'm in for three weeks of hell. Although not as bad as Black Friday crap.

A Dapper Man
Apr 7, 2007

Sometimes, I just like to kick it freestyle.

Sonic Dude posted:

We just got our first voicemail in response to us being closed on Black Friday:
:argh:: "My name is Jackass McGee and my phone number is 123-4567. I need to get my computer fixed. It's Friday. Get back to work!!"

Gah, this pisses me off more than anything. God forbid the retail peons have the holidays off to spend time with their families.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008
Well, the mall was just busy, not chaotic. And I was in men's fragrances, which was super slow, and I heard the women's side was busy. All the customers were super nice, one guy was super patient as he waited about 20 minutes for me to figure out why his new Macy's account wouldn't work.

The only thing that pissed me off was Macy's policies. First, they tripled our sales goal. In an always low-traffic area. I only made 62% of my sales goal (which means less commission and more chance of management reviewing that and seeing it as grounds to fire me). And also because I'm not full-time, I don't get the seasonal people to do the register for me, and any fragrance vendors who sell something have to go through the full-time people. So basically there were 3 vendors and a seasonal person who were ringing up for the one full-time person, so the full-timer got a bunch of commission and actually went over her sales goal, while I was left to fend for myself. But the full-time person was there longer than I was, and considering she had four people helping her out all day and only had 110% sales goal by the time I left, I'd say I did better. :colbert:

Also I lost a lot of sales because all but one of the people I was working with(against?) could speak Spanish. So when I'd ask Spanish speakers if they needed help, they'd say "No, just looking" and I'd leave them alone to browse, but then one of my coworkers would ask them immediately afterward in Spanish if they needed help, and the customer would immediately start telling them what they wanted right away because "Hey, we speak the same language and this must mean you are better", and, because the vendor gets the sale, it goes to the full-time person.

gently caress, I hate that bullshit policy.

Megera fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Nov 27, 2010

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Megera posted:

Also I lost a lot of sales because all but one of the people I was working with(against?) could speak Spanish, and when I'd ask Spanish speakers if they needed help, they'd say "No, just looking" and I'd leave them alone, but when my coworkers would ask them immediately afterward in Spanish if they needed help, they would immediately start telling them what they wanted right away because "Hey, we speak the same language and this must mean you are better", and, in turn, give the sale to the full-time person.

gently caress, I hate that bullshit policy.

I hope you're not seriously suggesting that the bi-lingual person shouldn't get the sale? You couldn't help that woman, why do you get the sale?

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

The General posted:

I hope you're not seriously suggesting that the bi-lingual person shouldn't get the sale? You couldn't help that woman, why do you get the sale?

No, it's just that it all goes to the full-time person by default. And usually they actually say the name of whatever product they're looking for, which I'm able to get to them.

vvvvv Sorry, I fixed it a bit to hopefully make it read better. It's the first time in a long while that I've bad day-typed. :(

Megera fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Nov 27, 2010

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Oh, giving that a fourth read, I see what you mean. I totally misread that.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
Oddly today wasn't too terrible. I mean the last 2 hours of my 10 hour shift seemed to last more like 6 hours.... but the day wasn't awful. I can't remember anyone blowing up or causing any troubles. The only 2 bad things I can immediately think of are:

1) Some Indian guy came up with two onion choppers, for some reason these things are REALLY popular amongst the Indians... and almost no one else ever buys them. Honestly I can barely remember anyone other than Indians buying them 99% of the time.

Anyway, this man comes up, sets them down on my register, and goes: "Are these on a special for today?"

Me: Uh... no sir, they aren't.
He starts shaking and quivering: "No special?"
Me: No sir.

At this he just started quivering in rage and put them down really hard and STORMED out of the store.

I'm still confused.

-------

2) Corporate did something retarded. The special for BBB was A) 12AM-10AM you get a coupon for 20% off your entire purchase. And B) 5AM-10AM you get the coupon.

They sent out 12AM to some customers, 5 to others. They told us to do 5AM.

Of course we have signs up like: "This item with this rebate and the 20% off coupon is this much money!" so people are asking about it. Finally the manager just tells us if anyone asks about the coupons, to just apply them to their transaction. Otherwise we're handing them out at 5AM.

I had some lady ask about it and I told her the situation, saying it was dumb and I didn't get it. So then she just goes down and tells EVERY person in my line that they need to ask me for 20% off their entire purchase because they won't get it otherwise. THen she actually stood there and asked: "Oh did you give that person 20% off everything?!"

She didn't do it in a rude, angry seeming way. She just seemed like she was wanting to help everyone. It wasn't bad... as more of just odd.

Meow Cadet
May 2, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

MaxDuo posted:

1) Some Indian guy came up with two onion choppers, for some reason these things are REALLY popular amongst the Indians... and almost no one else ever buys them. Honestly I can barely remember anyone other than Indians buying them 99% of the time.

Anyway, this man comes up, sets them down on my register, and goes: "Are these on a special for today?"

Me: Uh... no sir, they aren't.
He starts shaking and quivering: "No special?"
Me: No sir.

At this he just started quivering in rage and put them down really hard and STORMED out of the store.

I'm still confused.

I think retail is making me racist. I've found that Indian people always want a deal. I imagine it has something to do with the bartering culture in India. They'll happily wait 5 minutes for a manager's approval of a 10 cent discount.

Edit: Perhaps racist is the wrong term. Maybe retail is turning me into a 'believer of profiling' is a better term. In no way do I think bartering or wanting a discount is bad, or wrong, or limited to certain races/cultures... I've just noticed a trend in many Indian people pursuing it more vigilantly than others.

Meow Cadet fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Nov 29, 2010

Apocalypse Please
May 7, 2007

Is you takin' notes on a criminal fuckin' conspiracy?!
No ma'am that $150 netbook was sold out at 6AM this morning, it's 7pm.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
Ugh. I just kicked my surge protector after typing up a long, 6 paragraph story, so:

Suffice it to say that:

I messed up a couple's order on the day before Thanksgiving. They are out of towners and wanted to head back to their lovely state today (black friday).

They came back today. My manager on duty handled their claim and she hosed UP. She messed up more money than I did.

So, what I thought I was going to blamed for, she upped the ante in terms of failure. They came back, AGAIN. So I'm off the hook, and the stores's manager never need know.

It's a Thanksgiving miracle! Hurray for Black Friday!

shchmue
Apr 22, 2010
We actually got to spend our shift catching up on the horrendously backed-up repair queue in the store! :wotwot:

It was smooth sailin' until they ran out of pizza AND made us stay for 2.5 hours helping every other department close. :smithicide: This was the first time I've even been in half the departments at this location and I've been here for over a year and a half.

watchdog
Jun 20, 2001
We can't lose weight with you if you don't update your log!
   /
:backtowork:
Well not a hitch at our store on Black Friday. The closest we had to a problem was at 4am, about 100 people came running out of their cars and tried to break line into the store, but that was quashed pretty quickly by security :)

We made it through BF goons!!!

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I saw the annual "black Friday shoppers cramming themselves through a Target entrance" footage on the news and it struck me as looking almost exactly like what happens when you toss an ear of corn into a hog pen.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
I, um... My store was a ghost town on Black Friday. :unsmith:

So I got sent home after two hours because they couldn't afford to pay me :smith:

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

watchdog posted:

We made it through BF goons!!!

Now we just have to deal w/ the rest of BF weekend :(

I'm sure when I get in to work there will be 3 carts of returns for my side completely untouched by the others that work on my side of the store.

I swear whenever I work they are like: "Oh, MaxDuo's here... We'll just leave the carts to him."

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

cobalt impurity posted:

I, um... My store was a ghost town on Black Friday. :unsmith:

So I got sent home after two hours because they couldn't afford to pay me :smith:

Do you work in a Halloween costume store, or something?

TheBandOffice
Nov 4, 2009

Apocalypse Please posted:

No ma'am that $150 netbook was sold out at 6AM this morning, it's 7pm.

loving THIS!

Where are the $149 netbooks?
:( We sold out of them by 6 this morning
WHY DIDN'T YOU HAVE MORE?!?

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

I got to be told how I should be fired for not price-matching an item a guy bought 2 weeks ago with the black friday sale price, because "we should have told him that."

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
My company has finally given me some work to do next week, auditing stores to ensure they all have their stuff up to date. Considering I never shop unless its for food I completely blanked out yesterday was black Friday. I'm gonna call all my stores Monday and give them a heads up I'll be coming Wednesday so they have time to clean up after BF :shobon:

Darth Ronson
Jun 18, 2004

Say.. that's a nice
hat.

TheBandOffice posted:

loving THIS!

Where are the $149 netbooks?
:( We sold out of them by 6 this morning
WHY DIDN'T YOU HAVE MORE?!?

Yes, I had this when I worked in retail and it was annoying as hell. I guess it was down to both the store and the customers, but they'd have maybe ten of them tops, the first ten people in would get them. I'm just glad I'm getting into teaching now.

What the customers didn't understand - and I can't entirely blame them - was that the store's doing this for the company's benefit, not ours. Half these 'sale deals' were bought with the intention of selling them at this price. And the ones that aren't? Well, we'd have our arses kicked to upsell. Plus, the people who came in for the cheapy laptops would always want one without any of the extra bits that we were also forced to sell. While we weren't on commission, I should had.

On a related note, someone on customersuck.com pointed out how the people on the Black Friday ads were relentlessly grinning. As if. What bugged me was when the ads for the electronics chain that I worked for were on the tv, the magical salespeople didn't even mention all the crap we're supposed to push. They just sold the customer the laptop! Ta da. With no mention of the Office software, the Anti-virus software, the mobile broadband, the insurance, all the other stuff we were supposed to put on it.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Dodgeball posted:

Do you work in a Halloween costume store, or something?

Strangely enough, I work in a craft store chain (whom I'm contractually obligated not to name). We even were selling Cricut machines at a 70% discount when they normally never go below 25%. I guess everyone who cared about us did their shopping on Thursday night?

Still, it sucks when you have to wake up early for work only to be told to piss off a couple hours later. My thoughts are with you guys that had to work in a higher-priority store.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
Today:

old lady: "Hi I'd like to get a new phone, and I have an upgrade, blah blah"
me: "Awesome, lets get you a phone picked out!"
~45 minutes later, logging into her account
CUSTOMER NOT ELIGIBLE FOR UPGRADE
old lady: "oh well okay lol bye!!!"

:suicide:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

invision posted:

Today:

old lady: "Hi I'd like to get a new phone, and I have an upgrade, blah blah"
me: "Awesome, lets get you a phone picked out!"
~45 minutes later, logging into her account
CUSTOMER NOT ELIGIBLE FOR UPGRADE
old lady: "oh well okay lol bye!!!"

:suicide:

I loving hate that. I try to always check the account before getting cracking on finding poo poo out from the customer now, it prevents crap like that or the customer not actually having authority for the account they want to make changes on, plus you can (hopefully) get more solid answers out of the system than you can from the customer.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I hope Axeface made it out alive :ohdear:.

slow dive
Mar 13, 2007

Father Lucifer, you never looked so sane.

Meow Cadet posted:

I think retail is making me racist.

Or it's fueling some serious confirmation bias. I haven't seen a single complaint about an Indian customer in this thread that I haven't seen someone of another race (including Caucasians) do. Some people are just obsessed with saving money for various reasons. They also tend to be equally obsessed with 'free' stuff.

For instance: for my store's Black Friday deal, we had a free $10 gift card for every $100 (before tax) spent. I explained this to one woman whose total wasn't enough before tax and she'd have to get about $6 more of stuff, at which point there wasn't much reason to bother with the gift card if she'd gotten everything she needed. She had already handed me to cash, so, taking that to be the universal signal of "I'm done with this transaction, please give me my change," I finished the transaction.

She informed me she'd decided to buy about $6 worth of her daughter's make up brushes so she could get the gift card. When I explained I'd already done the transaction, she snapped, "Well you shouldn't have done that!"

Maybe not. I'd been up since 2:30AM, though, so whatever.

So I redid her transaction and added the $6 so she could qualify for the gift card. Pretty much the only snag I encountered all day, and not a big one, even if it was pretty stupid.

Did you notice how it wasn't necessary to note what race this woman was? Would it have made any difference if you knew, really? To be perfectly honest, I probably didn't even need to point out gender. The main point was a customer spent $6 to get a $10 free gift card, which really only resulted in them getting a savings of $4, if it can be counted as such because she bought stuff she hadn't intended to.

slow dive fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Nov 28, 2010

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
:awesome:"Does product Y do X?"
:smith: "No, blah blah"
:awesome: Well, my sister has product Y, and it does x."
:smith:

If you don't know what the gently caress you're talking about, and I explain it, don't try to correct me. I'm right. I know I'm right because I own the loving product myself. this $99 dollar GPS doesn't let you talk to a human, or let you give it voice commands. Your sister has loving onstar or something integrated with her vehicles nav system. I hate you.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

invision posted:

:awesome:"Does product Y do X?"
:smith: "No, blah blah"
:awesome: Well, my sister has product Y, and it does x."
:smith:

If you don't know what the gently caress you're talking about, and I explain it, don't try to correct me. I'm right. I know I'm right because I own the loving product myself. this $99 dollar GPS doesn't let you talk to a human, or let you give it voice commands. Your sister has loving onstar or something integrated with her vehicles nav system. I hate you.

But I'm the customer and THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT so sell me the $99 GPS that I am going to come back and complain to a manager that you lied to me about the features on!

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

slow dive posted:

:words:

As much as I complain about Indians in our store, yes I have seen all other races do all this stuff.... except... oddly... Hispanics. The only problem I can recall with them is when I have a 6 year old trying to communicate to me what their parents want because their parents don't speak English.

Which seems odd to me because I thought most Hispanic countries loved to do the whole bartering thing? I remember the guy I had teaching my Spanish class in college spent a lot of time talking about how it was a huge thing in the market in his country, and that you almost went shopping just for the experience. I guess they just don't expect everyone to follow them.

But I will say that of our "no longer allowed to make returns because they have 50+ store credits," list, over half of it are Indians. *shrug*

Last night it hit ~11:15PM... And we were all scheduled to leave at 11. I go to the back for something and I come up front and find everyone but the manager and myself gone. Apparently everyone else pretty much ran to the door and clocked out and were like: "You have to let us go now, we're clocked out!" So the manager and I spent around 30 minutes finishing what needed to be done. Had they all stayed we may have finished it in about 5.

I understand not wanting to stay way late (some managers will try to keep us there 2-3 hours after we're supposed to go) but when all you see left to do is a cart of returns.... Why not just finish it off (oh wait, the guy who was supposed to put it up NEVER puts them up) and leave 5 minutes later, rather than screwing the manager that lives over an hour away into staying 30+ minutes later?

Instead it's: "OH WOE IS ME. PLEASE PITY ME, PLANET EARTH, THIS COMPANY IS EVIL AND HATES ME AND WANTS TO DESTROY ME BUT I WON'T LET IT!"

Granted half the people that left us didn't really do anything all night during the close anyway. They'll be disappointed when Christmas season is over and they find themselves w/o any hours. A pity you can't just get rid of worthless people in the middle of the busy holiday-season.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

MaxDuo posted:

Last night it hit ~11:15PM... And we were all scheduled to leave at 11.

Are you guys paid to stay back and pack up? If so, what jerks.

On the flip side, I once worked at an electronics store that refused to pay me past the time I was rostered to finish. I really resented being rostered to finish at 5pm, then be expected to:
- put through final customers
- clean up till area
- count and balance till
- take the days takings to the back office
- get rid of stock that accumulated at my desk
all without being paid. Most days I'd finish at 5:30 and I wasn't really paid enough to make up for it, either. I ended up telling the boss that I didn't mind doing it once in a while, but either I close my till at 4:30 so I can leave on time, or they could roster me for an extra 30 minutes so I could get everything done properly. Just not doing it wasn't an option - the sales staff would have a sad for losing out on commission, and I'd get in trouble with the head cashier.

They ended up firing me a few months later. The complainer is obviously always wrong.
(Now that I think about it, it was probably illegal. They're probably still doing it, too. I wonder if there's some sort of labour board I could inform)

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
At Nov 25, 2010 15:34, Meow Cadet posted

quote:

I've recently learned how to do returns/refunds/exchanges. Today a well-kept homeless person came in with a product we haven't sold for almost 2 years, although it was clearly new in box/clamshell. I could only offer him 2.99 in store credit, since it was obsolete and he had no receipt, and that was the cheapest we ever sold it for. I know he was trying to get money for something he didn't buy, but it was a perfectly good product, and I felt really bad for him. He ended up keeping the item, and asked if he could buy more, but we hadn't had any since April of last year.

At Nov 26, 2010 05:29, six posts later, Meow Cadet posted

quote:

I had my first somewhat yucky experience last night!!!

A homeless dude tried to return a smoke detector to me, without a receipt. The best I could do was give him store credit for the cheapest price we had ever sold it for, which was 2.99. At that point, he wanted to buy more of them since they were so
cheap! (we hadn't sold one since April 2009, it was discontinued/obsolete)

Get out now, Meow Cadet -- your brain has already broken!

ladymikochan
Mar 15, 2006

A-hunting I will go! A-hunting I will go! Hi-ho the derri-o! With a vagina full of bees!
Sigh, now that my brain is finally starting to return to normal after that horror known as black Friday is over, I can give a run down of what it was like working a 15 retail shift.

4:30pm Thanksgiving day-take triple strength valerin root tea with a shot of jack daniels in an attempt to fall asleep. It works until...

8:00 pm-wake up after suffering through some freaky rear end dreams and toss and turn until

10:00 pm-drink more double strength tea and pass out.

1:00 am-wake up to alarm. Curse and get ready for the poo poo.

2:30-call cab to get to work, arrive about 15 mins later. There is a line clear down to the next store. We even got a couple of nuts with their chairs and blankets.

3-4-get store ready and down two mountain dews and scarf a donut.

4-7:30-mad rush of people who just HAVE to have their marked down electronics come flooding into the store. Around 4:30 Visa/MC apparently have had it with trying to keep up with the massive amount of credit/debit transactions freezes up and and takes up to 10 mins to process a transaction. One couple lost out on the 60 inch TV since it was taking so long to ring people up. These are the only people who get ignorant all day though. People start flashing cash and Discover cards like to tomorrow. This lag wave continues to around 6 or so and then it takes normal time to do the transaction. People are undertanding. At around 7:30 I finally get away.

7:30-7:45-chug another Dew and puff down a cig and run back inside.

7:45-11:45-more mind numbing hours of checking people out ensue as the day drags on. Somewhere in here another mountain dew is chugged.

11:45-We get our first catered meal. Ryans buffet stuff. Just Ham and some mashed potatoes, edible but not the best stuff you want that early in the day. Another Mountain Dew is drunk as well.

12-4-more bullshit. My head is feeling pretty empty right about now. I feel myself dying on the inside as I continue to get a constant stream of people buying their crap. Another two Mountain Dews are drunk at some point. As well as another cig in there somewhere.

4-4:15 Pizza arrives. Not Dominoes but a New York Style place. Last time it was pretty good. This time we got leftovers. Tasted stale. Everyone complained about how lovely it was but it was gone in less than a half hour. The last Dew is drank for the day. And the last smoke before I get to leave is inhaled.

4:15-6-stand around and pray that 6 comes soon. At 15 mins to, I attempt to get a pair of headphones but as employees we can't buy anything that day. I clock out and get change for the bus and promptly miss it by one min.

!!!gently caress!!!!

7:30-get home, one hot bubble bath and a glass of wine later, I feel a little more like a human being.

8:30-Pass the gently caress out for 10 hours!

poo poo that sucked rear end. Although the next morning,it turns out that Chick-fil-A gave us a boatload of sandwiches for free since we let their cow-person show up and hand out coupons in our line. I get one and feel full all day. There wasn't any good catered stuff that day anyway. I hate Arby's.

Anyway, I did a 15 hour shift on five hours of broken sleep and it only cost me my sanity and seven mountain dews. Well thank goodness that poo poo only comes once a loving year.

elf pr0n
Oct 13, 2002

They fucking better have lemon cakes.
Had my first kid peeing on merchandise the other day :barf:

Also one thing I don't get about breaks at my store: I'm typically a "closer" ( 2pm - usually around 10 or 11 pm ), we can't take a 10 minute break until we've worked 4 hours, and my lunch is at 6 pm ( 1 hour unpaid meal period ), and we can't take any breaks after 7 pm. So, I have no chance to take a break. At all.

I guess I have an hour lunch so I really can't complain, but still. Those kind of rules kinda piss me off.

elf pr0n fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Nov 29, 2010

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
Working Thanksgiving to now has made me feel like I've worked a good ten days straight, only I have four more days left.

:sigh:

Thank God I get paid this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meow Cadet
May 2, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Weatherman posted:

At Nov 25, 2010 15:34, Meow Cadet posted

At Nov 26, 2010 05:29, six posts later, Meow Cadet posted

Get out now, Meow Cadet -- your brain has already broken!

Yikes! I think you're right!