Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

Ensign_Ricky posted:

On that note, how was Airbender? I haven't seen the movie, but wanted to wait on the riff until I heard more about how it turned out.

Not that great actually. Lots of stale references that aren't related to what's happening on the screen, missed opportunities, etc. They need to start riffing what they want to riff and not what the fans want them to riff.

Now these guys, on the other hand...
http://quiptracks.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=24
(Seriously, give them a chance.)

e: Though there were some great gags here and there in the rifftrax, like the airplane safety demonstration one.

CrimsonAuthor fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Nov 21, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

CrimsonAuthor posted:

Now these guys, on the other hand...
http://quiptracks.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=24
(Seriously, give them a chance.)

Actually, that preview clip was pretty funny.

bruckner
Sep 11, 2010
Airbender wasn't a great riff, some of the only great laughs were the Daily Show jokes.

Armourking
Dec 16, 2004

Step off!
Step off!

bruckner posted:

Airbender wasn't a great riff, some of the only great laughs were the Daily Show jokes.
Haha, John Oliver is no longer the King of poo poo Movies now. (although, The Smurfs is coming out)
Poor Aasif.

My god, Airbender was so bad as a movie. It was... like they released the Making Of instead of the actual movie. Lots of characters talking about events that happened in lieu actually showing us anything.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
Finally getting around to watching Clash of the Titans. The wife and I saw it at the drive-in when it came out, and my god is it as bad as I remember.

However, Lord Voldemort as Hades is hilarious, and they drat well better make a joke in reference to that. He's using the same voice and everything.

Edit: And they just did. "Act every role as if you've been punched in the throat."

"New Voldemort, now with 100% more nose"

CommanderApaul fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 22, 2010

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
The Airbender riff wasn't there best, though there were some good laughs in it. Part of it is that the movie is SO bad I had a hard time focusing on much else.

Clash of the Titans was aces, though, so I'm happy.

bruckner
Sep 11, 2010
Airbender makes The Phantom Menace look like Citizen Kane

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Surprised no crazed Avatar fan has strung Shamallama up by his ballsack yet for what he did to the movie.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Armourking
Dec 16, 2004

Step off!
Step off!

Captain Invictus posted:

Surprised no crazed Avatar fan has strung Shamallama up by his ballsack yet for what he did to the movie.
I think he's at The Hauge answering a few questions at the moment, so they might have to form a line.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

bruckner posted:

Seriously. I'm watching it right now, about an hour and 15 minutes in, and I'm more bored than I have been during any movie in such a long time. The riff is decent, but it definitely isn't one I could rewatch like Twilight or New Moon with the riffs.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

bruckner posted:

It really is an amazing sight to behold. It literally looks like they lost all of the film they shot, and had to edit the entirety of the movie with behind-the-scenes footage. I've seen better composition on a pan-and-scan copy of "Ben-Hur."

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
*Random dancing Kung Fu*

"Let us never speak of this again"

"Haha I was wearing a cloak and now I'm not but now I am!"

Yeah, I'm having fun. :)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Not quite the same as seeing them in the theater, but they're doing another Live (Online) Christmas show:
http://www.rifftrax.com/live/online/debut2010

Man, I've got to finish that HTPC...

EDIT: Hopefully this doesn't mean the end of the in-theater shows.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I don't trust their servers enough to even consider buying a ticket, not to mention the theater shows are so very kick rear end.

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.

GreenNight posted:

I don't trust their servers enough to even consider buying a ticket, not to mention the theater shows are so very kick rear end.

Hopefully they've fixed any issues that occurred during their last online event, but a ticket to the announcement will include the short they're going to riff then, so even if something does go wrong, you'll still get the short and they'll (hopefully) have an idea on how many people to expect.

If it's a decent price, I'd be willing to get a ticket. Or I might try to find someone with a better TV and watch it there.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm scared to play this on my 73" HDTV.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Oh wow, the Calendar short is a really bizarre rear end short. Funny one too.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Just finished Clash of the Titans. I was disappointed at the Kraken releasing considering how easily it was defeated. Good riffs, though.

I laughed out loud when they're walking through the forest and Kevin yells out "Ioooooooooooooooooooo".

Gotta buy the Airbender riff this weekend.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
"Monkey See, Monkey Do" is awesome. That is all.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, the Calender short was just so freaking bizarre. I'm not sure who it was for though, retards?

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, the Calender short was just so freaking bizarre. I'm not sure who it was for though, retards?

It's one of those shorts where there really seems to be no valid educational purpose for it, let alone a target audience (see also "Drawing for Beginners: Rectangles", "Grass", "What It Means To Be An American"). Also, that guy in the calendar (not the godawful singer) had the most cold, lifeless, hollow eyes I've ever seen.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Robert Denby posted:

It's one of those shorts where there really seems to be no valid educational purpose for it, let alone a target audience (see also "Drawing for Beginners: Rectangles", "Grass", "What It Means To Be An American"). Also, that guy in the calendar (not the godawful singer) had the most cold, lifeless, hollow eyes I've ever seen.

I'm guessing that in the '50s and '60s companies sucked up as much of that sweet, sweet education money as they could by churning out these things as fast as possible on whatever subject popped in to the producers' pill-addled minds.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Magneto.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Cerebro

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
No! Our joke! Not for Kevin!

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Eye contact counters everything
The riff for The last Airbender was loving awesome. Such a great movie to do as well since it is just train wreck after train wreck of poo poo.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Pooned posted:

The riff for The last Airbender was loving awesome. Such a great movie to do as well since it is just train wreck after train wreck of poo poo.

And the sad part is that the source material is just phenomenal. :(

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Vicissitude posted:

And the sad part is that the source material is just phenomenal. :(

Did the animated series show interesting things happening rather than telling us that interesting things happened?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

muscles like this? posted:

You know what it reminds me of? Mr. B Natural. If this short had been done in the MST3k days, I'm pretty sure it'd be ranked as highly by fans.

{also the heads exploding gag was funny as hell}

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Did the animated series show interesting things happening rather than telling us that interesting things happened?

There was less talking and more action in season 1 than the entire movie.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I buy the Shorts DVDs and watch them while I'm on break at work. I just watched "Shy Guy" and it has to be one of the funnier ones, enough to come in here out of context and recommend it to anyone who's been thinking about shorts.

The 19th Person
Sep 26, 2010

The devious DARKBRINGER plans to dominate first Lightbringer, and then the entire Midwest!
What do they mean when the site says that the rifftrax player is no longer supported? Only the old riffs have compatible files?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The 19th Person posted:

What do they mean when the site says that the rifftrax player is no longer supported? Only the old riffs have compatible files?

Pretty much this. Dunno why they don't try fixing it through.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Pretty sure it won like 3-5 awards for being so amazing. If you haven't watched it, you should, the effort put into it was IMMENSE(all the chinese letter characters aren't like you'd see engrish as in foreign films, it all makes sense. All the fighting styles are based off of real martial arts, etc).

I dread what they're going to do with Toph in the second movie. It's going to be cringeworthy, far moreso than the first one.

Bad Bromance
May 20, 2010

Sorry, guys, I actually do still suck dick! :blush: Also my mom only lets me spend five bucks a month to get my cool gaga avatars back so I guess I'm stuck with this one for a while. :(
I'm pretty thankful for Shyamalan's terrible version, without it I never would have watched the original cartoon. Hopefully he actually ends up making the sequals so they can be riffed too.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Tae posted:

There was less talking and more action in season 1 than the entire movie.

I watched two episodes with my nephew, and it was way more entertaining and was pretty well made for a kids show.

That movie was just unforgivably terrible.

"Let us never speak of what just happened."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IUG posted:

I buy the Shorts DVDs and watch them while I'm on break at work. I just watched "Shy Guy" and it has to be one of the funnier ones, enough to come in here out of context and recommend it to anyone who's been thinking about shorts.

Yeah, Shy Guy is one of my favorites. Ah, he drugged my malt!

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Sooo... I'm kind of clueless when it comes to streaming stuff from the internet two rooms over on my big screen TV. Well, aside from my PS3 media player so I can play video files and movies like that.

With that in mind, will it be possible to stream this upcoming Rifftrax event using my PS3 or through some other means?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I swear I've seen the brunette chick from the calendar short before. In any case I'm worried by the fact I think she's kinda cute. The same goes for the crazy powdered milk witch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

I just want to know what the crazy powdered milk witch did to that poor milkman.

Although it couldn't have been as bad as making those people drink powdered milk.

• Locked thread