Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Laranzu posted:

I came home for Thanksgiving to discover my parents adopted a horse from the animal shelter. This is Candy. She is 5 months old and 53+ lbs. She is something crossed with BIG and has some nice eye lasers in this terrible cell phone picture. Her paws are huuuuge and her legs are super long.

Looks like an Anatolian Shepherd (mix?). Very cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

a life less posted:

Looks like an Anatolian Shepherd (mix?). Very cute.

She does have a double coat, and double bilateral rear dewclaws. Her temperament is really great. Very calm indoors, loves her crate and hasn't barked yet. Handles walks without pulling, doesn't get too excited seeing other dogs outside. I'm almost thinking about springing for one of those genetic testing kits to see exactly what she is because I genuinely want to know.

Will have cuter pictures to come soon!

Laranzu fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Nov 22, 2010

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Laranzu posted:

I'm almost thinking about springing for one of those genetic testing kits to see exactly what she is because I genuinely want to know.

Will have cuter pictures to come soon!
These are pretty useless overall, the results aren't really even close to being reliable. Remember be very careful with her big dog joints! What a cutie though. :3:

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!
So, I've got a couple of pictures of Chief and Dexter.

This first one is Chief. In his S.T.A.R. puppy class they had us put shirts on them to see how well they could be handled. I forgot to bring mine so the trainer lent me one from there:

(crappy cell phone pic)

Then this was from a mini photo shoot this weekend to try and attempt to get a Christmas card picture. This is my wife with Chief in the front and Dexter in the back:

This Post Sucks fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 22, 2010

spitcloth
Mar 12, 2008

may include giblets
Awwww it's cute gangly puppies! I love the ears, and the legs.

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!

spitcloth posted:

Awwww it's cute gangly puppies! I love the ears, and the legs.

:3: thanks! We're so glad we didn't crop their ears.

spitcloth
Mar 12, 2008

may include giblets

This Post Sucks posted:

:3: thanks! We're so glad we didn't crop their ears.

We didn't crop our Dobies either, and they were so unbelievably cute. :3:

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*
I hope this works until I find time to make an account with a better uploading service.
Met a photography friend at the local dog park and finally got to meet her BEAUTIFUL husky/Aussie Haiku whom I will steal. She was kind enough to take some photos of me with him and my husky/Aussie Diaz. Diaz is on the left, Haiku on the right. Want dat dog.

fake edit: homg, big photos are big. She didn't process them yet and I'm on a borrowed laptop with no Photoshop to edit them myself or resize. Oops.

zacfinchum
Sep 10, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT SPEWING STUPID BULLSHIT IN THE MILITARY SUBFORUM EVERY FORUM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkr4B2YYuPo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

I bought Gus and Archie a new cat bed a couple of weeks ago. They love it. As soon as one gets out of it the other goes in it. Wish I had bought two of them. But the pet store had gotten them on clearance and they don't have them anymore.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

JimmydaFish posted:

I bought Gus and Archie a new cat bed a couple of weeks ago. They love it. As soon as one gets out of it the other goes in it. Wish I had bought two of them. But the pet store had gotten them on clearance and they don't have them anymore.

That thing is pretty awesome. Do you have a manufacturer or product name for it?

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."

Gabby, my King Charles Cavalier!

Boo, my miniature dachsund!

Brooklyn, my min pin and my pride and joy!

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

wheatpuppy posted:

That thing is pretty awesome. Do you have a manufacturer or product name for it?
It's called the Cat Eye bed made by Precision. I have found it online for anywhere from $35 - $50. But since I got this one for only $10, I haven't ordered another one yet. They're supposed to be stackable too. I will warn you that it was a bit of a bitch to put together.

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

Just to reiterate:

The last thread was a success up until the end. Several of those posts have prompted some new rules for this thread. Obviously this thread will be img heavy. The old rules apply:

-NO discussion, please
-Picture rules apply, please try to make an effort to remove broken links whenever possible and don't break the tables.
-Give a brief intro of your pet, name/breed/cool tricks/whatever

Along with some new rules:
-NO blatant derailing. If someone's doing something wrong, refer them to one of the FAQs that have been stickied.
- Don't spam posts. Make a clean, single post.

Future advice: Don't try to justify your BYB puppies. Ever. It'll just poo poo this thread up and really aggravate people. Read the puppy FAQ.

POST PICTURES, NOT THE LIFE STORY OF YOURSELF OR YOUR ANIMAL PLEASE (unless it's really loving awesome)! Thanks.

Don't be afraid to post updated photos or more than one at a time. If you've already posted a photo and take/find another really cute,funny,weird photo of the same pet, post it!

Link to the old thread

Now, post your cute rear end animals.

From the OP. The first rule is so that we don't end up with a billion pages discussing things that have nothing to do with posting pictures of animals. I know we've lost site of that particular rule since the thread is so long so I just wanted to point it out again. :)

bamzilla fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Dec 8, 2010

sweetheartjess
Nov 27, 2010
Here are my girls, Rogue (4) and Phoenix (almost 2). Phoenix is a 60ish lb black lab, possibly some type of shepherd mix, Rogue is a mutt and weighs about 35lbs. Rogue is the best dog in the world; obedient, knows 150+ commands, even-tempered... everything. Phoenix is a bit of a retard, LOVE to lick and is new and small-dog aggressive. I have tried everything except $400+ training sessions. Still working on her though. :) She's very intelligent but was a stray until about four months, so her trainer and I think she has issues stemming from being out on her own / not socialized with a pack as a puppy.

TL;DR here are my doggles!

Both

Click here for the full 667x477 image.

Click here for the full 604x403 image.

Phoenix

Click here for the full 432x640 image.

Click here for the full 604x453 image.

Rogue

Click here for the full 604x453 image.

Click here for the full 538x720 image.

And to haunt your dreams:

Absolute Evil
Aug 25, 2008

Don't mess with Mister Creazil!
Crappy cellphone pic, adorable kitty:

[img]http://img.waffleimages.com/523591e885ce1aa6ed77a0156a6b32df25dd7f80/120200_2108[03].jpg[/img]

First time he'd laid still for more than a minute since I've gotten him!
[img]http://img.waffleimages.com/a4ff3eeb7c15fdb12be4af3102671ab74fcb7153/120200_2108[05].jpg[/img]

Parlour Tricks
Aug 16, 2007

"It's a Cheshire cat," said the Duchess, "and that's why."
I adopted my first cat ever (!) from Operation Kindness two months ago. She was a stray. For whatever reason she thinks I'm really cool. Can't get her off me. She's estimated to be 6 or 7 months old. Her name's Nyx. She's got goofy white whiskers. Sadly, I've only got a cell phone to take pictures with.

When I first got her she didn't have much eyebrow fur :(

Being vicious

Most recent pic, looking rather unamused but much healthier!

Slightly Used Cake
Oct 21, 2010
but, that's a table! That can't be comfortable!

This is the most recent, she's almost 7 months now.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Meet Chuck, my German Shepherd / Rottweiler mix. He will be three years old in January. He likes to give kisses and is a big scardey-cat. When I have his nails clipped at the groomers he "expresses his anal glands" and smells like a skunk. I love him.

Chuck by Myotomy, on Flickr

<3 you, PETA by Myotomy, on Flickr

Imperfect Moment by Myotomy, on Flickr

RangerScum fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 3, 2010

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

RangerScum posted:

When I have his nails clipped at the groomers he "expresses his anal glands" and smells like a skunk.

I know we JUST got reminded about no discussion, but that's really crappy to do to your groomer, chances are pretty good that smell is getting all over them, too. Also, it sounds like your dog really needs his glands expressed regularly. Spring for the bath next time, that way his glands can get done in the tub and he'll smell good for you. :)

Here, have a picture:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
I found this guy hanging out in my apartment complex parking lot yesterday afternoon.

I promise he isn't blurry like that, just super affectionate and always in motion.

I'd keep him, but I'm in 850 square feet with two cats three and 14 weeks. I put up flyers with my phone number in all the buildings in my complex and posted in Craigslist lost & found, but I'm not optimistic.

I'm trying to find him a home amongst my friends but it seems that everyone has enough cats or too many. That said, longshot, anyone in Central, KY or passing through this weekend looking to adopt? If I end up not finding anyone he's gonna end up at the Humane Society.

Oh yeah, and I've taken to calling him Miguel, as he's an immigrant here on a temporary visa. If he's still here and the visa expires I have to take him to INS (the humane society).

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Dec 4, 2010

Squarette
Nov 8, 2010

I'M GAGA FOR CHEERIOS
My chihuahua Daisy.

She hates me

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

She looks like she hates life itself. :gonk:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Here's Max. He's a yellow Labrador. He's adorable and this is what he likes to do all day.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
I was home sick today, so Ed and I had a little impromptu photo session:

I've been taking pictures of Ed since she was just a few weeks old. She's a great model. Zoso - not so much.

SilverSliver
Nov 27, 2009

by elpintogrande
Mustard is feeling much better from his surgery, and his tail is pretty much all healed up. Time to celebrate with a new look!

autojive
Jul 5, 2007
This Space for Rent
Merry Christmas!

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

I haven't really ever posted here, so I've got a lot of photos from various pets; from reading the rest of the thread, I don't imagine people will be too upset if I do a massive dump of old and new family pets in stages.

First, our two old family Akitas

Sophie, female, super-chill, when I was a kid I could spend all afternoon climbing on her, or just napping on top of her.

Kuma

Pictured here with Mona, who I believe is a Lab/Sharpei/Catahoula mix

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Decided to share a few more pictures of my best buddies.

Dash, don't let the looks fool you he is a vicious rabbit killer :(

Chillin.

<3 my cuddle buddy

My dad's new dog Mia. She is super hyper and can jump up and down from furniture faster than any dog I've ever seen.

The only time I've seen her sleep.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Two out of three cats. The orange one is O'malley and the tabby is McCloud.

McCloud roasting by the fire:

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
This was Butters about a year ago.

This is him these days:

Hes a Bull Arab, so basically a pointer mixed with god knows what.

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

Click here for the full 525x700 image.

This is my dog Rocco. He had to have emergency surgery yesterday due to bloat. He survived the surgery and is doing much better now. I'm gonna pick him up from the vet after work tonite :D

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*
Don't have my dSLR anymore so I found a card reader to snag some photos off a Sony Cybershot. Duke Aldous Ethridge Huxley IV, a 1-1.5yr old Brazilian Rainbow Boa. He's a widdle ball of aww!

One of my husky/Aussie Diaz from today.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Hey dad while you were hittin the rest room I ate a whole pint of your chicken tarragon! Arent you proud of me?

Oh no I think I missed some down there!

Click here for the full 1024x765 image.

Im hungry!

Bed time!

hypoallergenic cat breed
Dec 16, 2010

These are my favorite chickens Daisy and Sage.
Daisy is a Delaware.

Sage is a Speckled Sussex

flavaaDAAAAAVE
Jun 2, 2008
This is Lizzy. The SPCA says she's an English Pointer Mix. Strangers in the street think she's a Pit. I'd have to agree that there's Pointer in her as she points all the time, but I don't know a lot about dogs so :shrug:.

flavaaDAAAAAVE fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Dec 20, 2010

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
This is our German kitty named Morgen that we got a just a few months ago when she was around 9 weeks old, shes grown up a hell of a lot.

For comparison, this is her about a week after we got her I think.

she likes attacking my hand and arms, nomming on me, sitting on my shoulders, coming when she heres her treat bottle shake, and letting the toddler pick her up and wonder around the house with her.

Absolute Evil
Aug 25, 2008

Don't mess with Mister Creazil!
A good book always puts her to sleep...

"Stop waking me up to take pictures of me or my laser eyes will shoot you..."

WereJace
May 16, 2006

Beast Wars
Not my cats, my brothers cats. But they are the best cats ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kill Whitey
Dec 27, 2010

Be provocative, be organized.
I have 3 cats. They're all my preciouses, but this is a baby picture of my finest:

• Locked thread